Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria (27446 Views)

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations / List Of TV Stations Lagos / The TV Advert That Currently Impresses You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by Cawley: 2:56am On Jul 28, 2009
What TV stations are available in Nigeria. Also state what country actually runs the station.

NTA - Nigerian station
Silverbird TV - Nigerian station
Movie Magic - South African Station.
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by Cawley: 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2009
Can we get some more responses please. Especially from those of you in the motherland. We are finding that the tv stations in Nigeria are averse to putting themselves on the internet.

Minaj - is this also a Nigerian station?
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2009
They are so many.
Here are some of them:
Africa magic- Nigerian
Etv- South African
Ntv-Kenyan
AIT- Nigerian
CNN- American.
And so on.
What do you want them for anyway?
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by Cawley: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2009
Currently doing research on the country. A facet deals with media presence in the country and whether or if Nigerians pay attention to their homegrown stations because not being in tune with Nigerian produced broadcast can be polarizing in the long run. It may show an adverseness to things Nigerian and a preference for western/imported broadcast.

Thank you for updating the list. Keep them coming if you remember any more.
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by mamag3: 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2009
African magic, CNN etc.
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2009
Oh, ok.
Personally, I think the majority of Nigerians have a preference for foreign television stations, I say this because a large number of Nigerians own satellite dishes and from my observation of some of those people, they usually prefer watching the foreign stations to the local ones. Do you live outside Nigeria? If you don't, I would suggest asking people who own satellite dishes.
Or you could google the list of availaible tv stations on DSTV. It's a very popular satellite tv service provider in Nigeria.
Here is more:
SABC 1- South African
SABC 2- South African
SABC 3- south African
ITV- Tanzanian
CCTV- China
abc- American
LTV- Nigerian
Metro- Ghanian
Silverbird tv- Nigerian
Supersports- South African
just search google for the tv stations available with DSTV. It should be of great help.
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by Cawley: 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
Thanks for those responses. it's terrible how Nigerians flock to other television stations that are exported from other countries and stay away from their own.  But keep the stations coming if you have any more.  This research is being done from outside the country unfortunately.  I know there are many cable networks, hitv, dstv and then the local channels.  What we are afte is determining which stations are actually homegrown in Nigeria.

Is Minaj a nigerian station?
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by Cawley: 2:22pm On Aug 11, 2009
Can I get an update. So far I have NTA, AIT, LTV, and Africa Magic.

Are these the only stations that are homegrown in Nigeria? Do help.
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by oladosusak(f): 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2011
An opportunity you’ve been waiting for to be a landlord is here. At Silver Spring peninsular, a serviced estate located off Agric bus stop, Ikorodu, You can buy a piece of land for as low as N250, 000 or N450, 000 or N850, 000. You can pay in bits after the down payment as low as N10, 000 and pay the balance over 24 months. Most interestingly, if you could pay just 50% for any of the options; you have your piece of land allocated to you. What a UNIQUE offer!
For further details, visit our website: www.silverspringpeninsula.com or you can call: John on 08137777641.
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by lanbaba: 11:11am On Mar 07, 2013
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by drehis: 9:23pm On May 19, 2013
87 positions for lagos based ND & above only. send cv to jobs@globalhealth.zzn.com or text name, qualification to 08137002086
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by DonRandy(m): 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2013

Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
is OP referring to cable TVs? cos this one that I see everyone posting Africa magic, CNN, SABC. If you are referring to cable TV stations in Nigeria, that will be a long list.
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by ultrazone(m): 3:31pm On May 07, 2015
mmm
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by meetagape(m): 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
Emerald TV-The channel that transforms society! 07032117108.
Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by Kensharval(m): 2:51am On Jul 19, 2015
GALAXY, because, G65, MITV, OGTV, LTV, AIT, NTA, CHANNELS

1 Like

Re: List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria by meetmal03(f): 10:41pm On May 22, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Adekunle Emerges First Head Of House Of BBNaija "All Stars" / BBnaija’s Phyna, Amaka Complain About Missing Condoms / BBNaija: Fight Between Mercy And Gedoni Over Him Making Video Of Diane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.