Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. (10836 Views)

2019: Atiku Meets With Leaders Of Arewa, Yoruba And Ohanaeze Youth Groups (PICS) / The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode / Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 03, 2016
lawani:

Not only Ilorin but nobody can force Ijesa to join the new nation. Ilorin is small, their land is small and encircled by others. Jebba is over 100 km North of Ilorin with an Oba. The Bariba are there in Kwara and Niger and they were never under Fulani at any time. Please the idea that Ilorin was in Sokoto caliphate is myth. Such never happened. How can that be possible when the Bariba, Jebba and the Tapa in Kwara were never under Sokoto caliphate? It never happened and the Emir of Ilorin is not a Fulani man. I hope the Ajikobi family will go to court once and for all over the Ilorin traditional headship and put the matter to rest. They need to do this. You can not have the protection agreement signed with the British while not being recognised as paramount chief. That is not acceptable. They should go to court, join the British government via their embassy and join Kwara state government, the judgement will be that Balogun Ajikobi is the right chief of Ilorin as Olu Ilorin. It is better to fight a just fight and lose than not to fight at all. All these ignorant claims about Ilorin is nauseating. I dont like it. All the 5 Baloguns in Ilorin are Yoruba, they are Balogun Alanamu, Balogun Ajikobi, Balogun Gambari, Balogun Fulani, Baba Isale, then the Magaji Aare Afonja. Those are the principal Ilorin chiefs and all are Yoruba though one is part Fulani ancestry and another part Hausa but Baloguns are Yorubas just like Etsus are Tapa, Onus are Igala, Sarkis are Hausas. So people should be clear. Can the Oshodis in Lagos claim to be Tapa today except in their oriki? Then many Kanawa are from the traditional Yoruba quarters of the towm, they are no less Hausa. The Bariba will have their independence and their legacy restored, not to talk of Ilorin. Abeg no Hausa or Fulani man is contesting Ilorin with Yoruba. Ilorin is Yoruba and no Ilorin indigene is claiming to be Fulani. The traditional name of the Oshodi in Lagos is Oshodi Tapa yet they are Yoruba. As I Am , I have various ancestry including Northern Nigeria yet I am Yoruba. So that is how it is. The Ajikobi family should do the needful.
God bless you, that's what I always tell them but they won't listen.am 100% sure that we have more ibolo migrating to d North than any other Yoruba group but still they see Ilorin as outcast
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 03, 2016
lokoloko84:
Well, you might be right since I have not been to igbomina or ibolo.My opinion is based on where I reside for now, which is Ilorin.
Is there any part of Ilorin where they speak Fulani?
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lokoloko84(m): 11:48am On Apr 03, 2016
yemaldo:

Is there any part of Ilorin where they speak Fulani?
I arrived here in January and you hear yoruba language being spoken by the residents.
But you should know that,just because you are a Chilean does not make you a Spanish.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
lokoloko84:
I arrived here in January and you hear yoruba language being spoken by the residents.
But you should know that,just because you are a Chilean does not make you a Spanish.
Still observe them more,what type of culture do they practice, this are people that prefer to marry from West than d North,their food is amala and ewedu , but I don't understand why people still believed they will go with d North,even some tribe in kogi won't even dream of following d North
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by orisa37: 3:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
We value one Nigeria, so we need F.G. that will be incharge of Foreign Affairs and Joint Armed Forces. The states will take charge of Home(Internal)Security and Police, Sourcing and applications of their funds, security, safety and success of their citizens. Let the sw, se , ss and nc mobilize all their Senators, Houses of Representatives and Assemblies members to amend the 1999 Constitution to reflect these suggestions, Nigeria shall have Peace and Love in unity for ever.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by yetunsbay(m): 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
Vado:

The immediate factor mitigating against a united South is centrally on 'Yoruba Muslims'. They always feel obligated to align with the Muslim North. You'll agree that Ondo and Ekiti state doesn't have a problem with SS/SE. Osun didn't under Oyinlola as well, Ogun didn't under Gbenga Daniels either. What is the similarities among them? They are all Yoruba Christians. Now check the reason for the lost love recently, a large portion is traceable to the religion bond of the current crop of governors in those states with the North. It had nothing to do with Jonathan woeful performance.

Unity can't be reach without understanding this discordance. The Southwest is having an internal religious supremacy battle so how do we come to the table with a united front?

The emergence of Boko Haram has pulled the lid on the thought process of even my Yoruba Muslim brethren. I shudder at how some of my Oodua brothers rationalize absurdities at times. We don't have unity of purpose internally and it's going to be difficult to attain that externally.
point of correctn Yorubas are nt hvn ANY internal religious supremacy.If u Yoruba tokàntokàn u'll realise relative with opposite religion in ur extended family. Then tell me, will u carry out religious fight with ur blood -nt,nvr in Ile ka'ro o jire!

2 Likes

Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by darkhorizon: 12:26am On Apr 06, 2016
yemaldo:

Still observe them more,what type of culture do they practice, this are people that prefer to marry from West than d North,their food is amala and ewedu , but I don't understand why people still believed they will go with d North,even some tribe in kogi won't even dream of following d North
He is actually right,i have been staying in ilorin since 2014,nd i have noticed this strong inferiority complex in them. They speal like yorubas(which they are) eat like yorubas, but have a strong problem with identity:they claim they are fulanis,and when i challenge that they bring up stories about how fulanis are stronger,and how they(refering to themselves as fulanis)conquered yoruba.....but mind you their dress sense is more hausa/fulani inclined.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by darkhorizon: 12:27am On Apr 06, 2016
yemaldo:

He is actually right,i have been staying in ilorin since 2014,nd i have noticed this strong inferiority complex in them. They speak like yorubas(which they are) eat like yorubas, but have a strong problem with identity:they claim they are fulanis,and when i challenge that they bring up stories about how fulanis are stronger,and how they(refering to themselves as fulanis)conquered yoruba.....but mind you their dress sense is more hausa/fulani inclined.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by tevinsolt: 4:59am On Apr 06, 2016
The way Nigeria is set up now, no part of the country can successfully disintegrate. the seceding state chances of finding itself in anarchy is incredibly greater than it becoming a well formulated, ordered, and civilized state.

And the reasons are, Creating a new thing with the same mentality won't work........there's a need for an awakening, an enlightenment, a cultural and philosophical revolution, a shift away from the ideas that forms the fabric of the Nigeria society today. Are we ready to embrace real change?

We have to totally dismantle the centralized form of government we have now in Nigeria. Having state Polices would ease the transitioning from being part of Nigeria to being completely autonomous as a Sovereign country. Not Just state polices, but also county or local government polices down to town polices. this would prevent chaos and the attempt by self serving interest to Hijack power.

A common goal and statement of purpose must be voted and agreed upon by all citizens, only then would development come.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 08, 2016
[quote author=Ioannes post=44346993]

you mean the same kanu who asked igbos to kill yorubas wherever they see them

are you aware of what you are talking about, or are you an ipod disguising as "awa Yoruba"?[/qu

Don,t forget we yoruda are not all on the same page, If the yoruba culture must continue then we do know where our faith lies
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by BudeYahooCom: 8:11am On Apr 30, 2016
But who will spearhead the seccession. Who will bell cat? Do they have solid men like Nnandi Kanu? No?
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by OkoNDOoBo: 8:43am On Apr 30, 2016
darkhorizon:
He is actually right,i have been staying in ilorin since 2014,nd i have noticed this strong inferiority complex in them. They speak like yorubas(which they are) eat like yorubas, but have a strong problem with identity:they claim they are fulanis,and when i challenge that they bring up stories about how fulanis are stronger,and how they(refering to themselves as fulanis)conquered yoruba.....but mind you their dress sense is more hausa/fulani inclined.
U re Liar the current emir of ilorin is a yoruba Man
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lawani: 2:58am On May 03, 2016
We need peace and development. It is better the country be broken up along the lines of ethnicity and language. Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, Igala, Ijaw are plenty, they all deserve a spot on the international stage and they should use their language as official language. There is no basis for Nigeria's unity. That is the problem. Ilorin people are Yoruba and they will be as independent as possible. The most that some Ilorin can say is 'some of my ancestors were Fulani, Hausa, Nupe and etc but they themselves are now Yoruba. In Igala, Nupe, Hausa and etc, they have people descended from Yoruba as well who are no longer Yoruba. So Yoruba are one. I also have non Yoruba heritage and ancestors. It does not make me less Yoruba. One thing is that I hope Christianity and Islam will be banned in the new Yoruba nation, so that we become peaceful children of God like the Japanese, Chinese and etc.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by ikarm17: 3:20am On May 03, 2016
This is my favorite paragraph

This is why the next thing to do for the Yoruba is to break up Nigeria immediately while assuring all that they have nothing to fear and that they should get their acts together as well. Interests can never be allied in Nigeria for the country to take off. That is impossible. People delude themselves that the current President is in alliance with the Yoruba via Former Governor Tinubu but when asked why a Yoruba man and disciple of former Governor Tinubu was blocked AT ALL COST from becoming the governor of Kogi state by the APC under President Buhari, they have nothing to say.

I love that my people are finally waking up.
Nigeria is not and will never benefit the great Yoruba nation.

1 Like

Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by ikarm17: 3:22am On May 03, 2016
Onenaira5

my bingo, come and see sense. I know you go vomit for mouth, but I just want you to receive sense, okay. Even from your IDP camp, you need to come read this.

1 Like

Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by IkpuMmadu: 7:13am On May 03, 2016
Forget Yoruba people
Forget their mentality
Fulani are their besties
VP is a poster card boy
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by inkon: 8:05am On May 03, 2016
I support this move, 100%

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Combination That Shall Send Buhari Back To Daura- Pictures / Fashola Offers Reward For Information On Aremu Gawat's Whereabouts / PDP, ANPP, Slam Okorocha For Closing Schools, Markets For Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.