Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,577 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick (19759 Views)

Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) / Should Siasia Continue As Super Coach Or Do We Hire A Foreign Coach?? / Nigerian Foreign Coach To Earn $50,000 A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
President of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, Melvin Amaju Pinnick has threatened to quit his position if Nigeria does not hire a foreign coach for the Super Eagles.

A distraught Pinnick who watched the Eagles fail again to qualify for the 2017 African Cup of Nations coming up in Gabon promised to hire a foreign manager for the Eagles in two weeks time.”

There is nothing to worry about the payment of salary for the foreign manager. His wages is going to be taken care of by the private sector. We’ve concluded that and it will not cost Government anything”.

Pinnick came under severe attacks from Nigerians the first time he muted the idea of a foreign coach after former Manager, Sunday Oliseh quit. The attack from prominent Nigerians and indigenous coaches was much that many condemned Pinnick for trying to distract interim coach Samson Siasia who needed encouragement as he prepared for the first match against the Pharaohs of Egypt.

But after watching the Eagles succumb 1-0 to Egypt, a defeat that practically knocked off Nigeria from the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations even with a match to go, Pinnick said that there was no going back on the employment of foreign manager for the Eagles.”

I feel saddened that we could not get a favourable result from here. But, we remain proud of this team. From what we have seen in their display, there is hope for Nigerian football. We’re going to get a foreign manager for the team. And we are going to ensure that Nigeria qualify for the World Cup and do exceedingly well, too. We’ll make them utilize all FIFA windows to play quality friendly matches.

But, I must also commend the services of coach Samson Siasia who has shown his capacity in putting up a team we are all proud of.

Siasia will go back to his U-23 team and prepare a team that will win Olympic gold for Nigeria. We’ll give him all the necessary tools he needs to achieve that. I commend him”, Pinnick said as the Nigerian delegation headed to the Alexandria airport for the return journey to Nigeria.

However, while addressing journalists in Abuja, the NFF President described as unfair calls for him to quit after Nigeria failed to qualify for next year’s Nations Cup in Gabon.”

It’s very unfair for people to ask me to resign. I was elected by the Congress and I’ll see off my mandate. Our Board has won Africa Women’s Championship in Namibia, FIFA U-17 and we’ve qualified for almost all major competitions duringthis period.”

Pinnick also tendered an unreserved apology to Nigerians for their failure to qualify but insisted that there was hope on the team and promised a World Cup ticket as well as making Nigerians to walk with their noses in front at the World Cup and the Rio Olympics.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/foreign-coach-quit-pinnick/

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by Destined2win: 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
Team Local coach

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by Fmartin(m): 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hmmm......NFF + coaches = confusion.

Wetin pesin no go hear fr naija

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2016
“Siasia will go back to his U-23 team and prepare a team that will win Olympic gold for Nigeria”
undecided I think I support him on this .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/foreign-coach-quit-pinnick/

Lalasticlala
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
gringrin
This was the same NFF that assured us that the security of Siasia's job won't be determined by the outcome AFCON qualification prior to the match in Egypt.

Super Eagles Job: Egypt March Won't Determine Siasia's Fate– NFF
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/super-eagles-job-egypt-match-wont-determine-siasias-fate-nff/

grin .

optional1(f), cruzita(f), klexycole(m),, Optional2(f), TheSuperNerd(m), shizzy7(f), mikron(m), Truckpusher(m), temitemi1(m), safarigirl(f), uduokirika1(m), KingTom(m),mukina2, joseph1013, Ajibel(m), Evestar200(f), uzolexis(f), sharperino(m), honeric01(m) semid4lyfe(m) .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by jotey(m): 4:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
quit
wat r u waiting for?

we don't need you

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by Allwility: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
Haba, I read through but no where did he say he'd quit if a foreign coach wasn't hired.
By the way, the NFF should focus on hiring a technically sound manager and not place priority on whether the coach is foreign or local.

1 Like

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by makingsense(m): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
Sharp sharp na..
Please quit we have plenty quality hands here in Nigeria!!!

LUBBISH

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by FrankValency(m): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
My problem with them now they will go and hire one hungry white man keshi is 100times better than,that we haven't heard their names b4. I can still remember the BETY GOATS abi LARGER BACK OR FRONT, and still pay them millions, which they owed Keshi that won our only trophy in the 21st century. Confused set of POT BELLIED sports administration. #team_local_coach. All they need is good funding,period

16 Likes

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by mccoy47(m): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
See mùmu o.
Its like corruption threaten dat we feed it or it quits.
In Oshomole's voice; go n die!

2 Likes

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by Sunofgod(m): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
wenger is about to become available...
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by tunapawizzy: 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
Rabbish
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by seyema(m): 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
Who no knw that that's there intention b4
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by MadCow1: 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
Lol
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by donbugy(m): 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by DBossNG(m): 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ok
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by latino2swt(m): 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
Pinnick, with all due respect, don't sound like Nigeria need you more than you need Nigeria...

Whether you quit or not, it won't change the fact that I'm typing from the phone I charged using #160/litre petrol.

You won't know why we WAIL at every issue if you don't quit.
Quit right away
but before you do dat, just know that:

IT IS BETTER YOU QUIT LIVING THAN QUITING YOUR PRESENT POSITION, atleast in present day Nigeria. THANKS

8 Likes

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
You want a Foreign coach but you don't want to pay with NFF,keep waiting for d private Sector that would pay d Salaries
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by Mezux(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
I smell lies.....
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by akinsmania4me(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
It seems NFF is not aware of #BuyMadeInNigeria To Grow The Naira

17 Likes

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by omolola15(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
Na dem sabi. Werey people.
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by Stanleywaxy(m): 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
undecided angry : (
You've made your own history by being the first NFF president to miss out on 2 Afcon tournaments consecutively . Isn't that enough .
See who is calling Oliseh the " Pep Guadiorla of Africa " confused Man.

Kindly Do us a favour ...

Resign_now!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by magicfingers009: 4:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
Please quit o!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by Etizz: 4:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
Lie

Who is he deceiving??

Dat guy who will die to remain in that position no matter any condition....

Alima

1 Like

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by PAnaceA7(m): 4:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
Its no news dat Nigeria needs a foreign coach that would not be influenced by the nff management..... We boast of quality players compared to other African teams but only the right coach can blend those players.
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by dejavubobo1(m): 4:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
who quits from government work in this part of the world... Foreign coaches who he can negotiate deals with & get some percentage of wat dey claim is his salary
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by afolayangs(m): 4:37pm On Mar 31, 2016

4 Likes

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by maputohq: 4:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
As far as he delivers. No P.
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by Enoquin(f): 4:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
Quit now if you have to and not during intense preparations for 2018 undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by fflamingo(m): 4:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
water after drinkwater has finish water
Re: It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
alright

Quit or no quit, NFF will continue to exist,
Indispensable is just a big word, practically a farce.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Key Questions Around Messi's Future / Griezmann Severs Ties With Huawei Over Uighurs / Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.