Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review (46697 Views)

BBNaija: "Breast Of 25-Year-Old Virgin, Cee-C" - Non-Fans Mock Cee-C / Hilarious Movie Cliches We Are Never Tired Of Seeing. / A Very Hilarious Movie Poster I Saw Today In Portharcourt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by jantavanta(m): 4:17pm On Apr 01, 2016
jude33084:

Be prepared for court case.

And for you to even commend such is even more worrying grin cheesy

More legal jobs for our SANs smiley
Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by jantavanta(m): 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2016
nextstep:

Not directed at you personally, but at us Nigerians who never see the good:

Shame on you all for mocking Nollywood. Go and watch American[b] special effects from 50s, 60s, 70s and even 80s[/b] and see how bad they were.

Our film industry is young, nascent, operating with a little budget. And all you can do is mock it constantly. It's just the same way we mock our Aba made things.

Instead of supporting Nigeria with heart and might, we always mock our country. We should be proud of what we have, support it, acknowledge that it can be better, and encourage it to be better.

We rather take the easy route and mock ourselves, supporting other people who have had their own struggles before us. Smh

All I can say is: "at first they laugh, then they fight, then you win..."

Well said!
We have to start from somewhere, so that we can be challenged to improve. I am not a fan of Nollywood, but I like their guts to finally do something different. I remember when people were laughing at made-in-Taiwan.
Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by JacksonD7: 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
When is the core of Nollywood going to improve? undecided As terrible as this is there are Nigerians who will prefer it to the original
Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
starlingbawa:

Wait one second!.... Did you just admit the concept is nice?

Na wa ooo!!!
sorry to respond late. This was my response to someone, and still applies

Nnaabros:
I meant the concept of an African Nigerian Nollywood super hero. Something more original and unique to Nigeria and Africa, not a Hollywood imitation.
Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by JacksonD7: 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
nextstep:

Shame on you all for mocking Nollywood. Go and watch American special effects from 50s, 60s, 70s and even 80s and see how bad they were.

Our film industry is young, nascent, operating with a little budget. And all you can do is mock it constantly. It's just the same way we mock our Aba made things.

Instead of supporting Nigeria with heart and might, we always mock our country. We should be proud of what we have, support it, acknowledge that it can be better, and encourage it to be better.

We rather take the easy route and mock ourselves, supporting other people who have had their own struggles before us. Smh

Nigerians won't mock Nollywood movies when they are good. Did anybody mock Half of a Yellow Sun or October 1 or Dry, is anybody mocking The CEO?.

They don't because those movies are good and were directed by Nigerians who know how to create movies with good quality. This movie on the other hand doesn't deliver and because of that we just can't give it the same level of prestige as the others.

When movies are good we cheer when movies are bad we complain it's the same for Hollywood, Bollywood or any other industry.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by tpiah01: 12:41am On Apr 02, 2016
nextstep:

Shame on you all for mocking Nollywood. Go and watch American special effects from 50s, 60s, 70s and even 80s and see how bad they were.

bro, let us pray for road safety, not all this.

Nollywood is not joining you in prayer, so you should pray for yourself.
Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by axiliborha(f): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2016
abumeinben:

My bad...
Sorry ma'am,
Was in night shift grin
you have night visions abi
Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by Rhea(f): 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2016
Love it or hate it, nollywood is still the biggest movie market in Africa
Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by abumeinben(m): 8:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
axiliborha:
you have night visions abi

Yes o...

I see u as I type
Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by SirWarlock: 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
grin undecided

Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by bluecircle470: 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
Rudboy360:
Even the Yoruba Movies are far much better than the Much hyped Nollywood you won't Find any Movie titles such as "Ya pata m"Do mi Dada"la epon mi" but 4 Nollywood you will always find the Nigerian Version of Hollywood Movies..imagine"Tear my pant" tear my Bra"Atm" Spider girl" batman undecided

Confirm my brother
Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by keni315(f): 6:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
Stanleywaxy:
smh ... more reasons I don't patronise the nollywood .
Where are my fellow Korean movie lovers ?
Korean movies and nollywood what's the difference, they both lack stories.

Spider girl. Hilarious
Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by Stanleywaxy(m): 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2017
keni315:
Korean movies and nollywood what's the difference, they both lack stories.

Spider girl. Hilarious
City Hunter , IRIS both lack stories abi ?
Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by keni315(f): 7:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
Stanleywaxy:
City Hunter , IRIS both lack stories abi ?
apart from those and few others like express ki i can Say the rest is mostly based on revenge and love triangle. Hollywood will always be the boss
Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by tck2000(m): 11:44am On Aug 19, 2019
ozoigbondu:
This is why I dumped naija films since 60bc angry angry
lol
Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by Egoat(m): 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
Good evening Collegenews.
I hope you are doing fine?
I am sorry to bother you but I can't pretend everything is fine. Not with how my honest intentions were taking for something else.
You are one person I respect a lot, love and admire. It is not even because of the various ways you have helped me and made me feel important. It all started the day you decided to apologize to me even when you didn't do anything. It wasn't about the money, it was about you deciding to do that without force.
That is the CN I know not the one that insults people anyhow.
You may have been provoked by her even though I feel it is just miscommunication and it all started from me. But I expected everything to be over by now and I most confess I feel so disappointed and saddened to come meet another set of insults.
To be sincere, there is no need for all of this and this is against everything I believe about you.
Please i beg you in the name of God.
Let this slide.
I started the whole thing by mentioning her and as I already said, I didn't expect you to take things personal. I was just trying to draw your attention to her since you already made it known you like her. I didn't expect all of this.
Please I beg you in the name of God, let every thing slide and let's us pretend nothing happened.
I am very sorry I caused everything.
Please let us get over it.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review by Kollegenews(m): 9:01pm On Aug 19, 2020
Egoat:

Okay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBTitans: Surprised Khosi Touches Yemi’s Erect Manhood (Photos, Video) / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics / BBNaija: Ozo Hugs His Mum; Reunites With His Family After Eviction (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.