Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

C300 Or 335i? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / C300 Or 335i? (5240 Views)

A Review Of Some Of The Cool Cars I Drove Lately....mercedes Benz C300. (Part 2) / Objective Advice Needed. 2013 BMW 328i/335i Or C300. / Between C300 And C350 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

C300 Or 335i? by king406(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
Good evening brothers. I want to upgrade from my mercedes c230 to one of these two cars, both are 2011 models. The cars are currently abroad, however I don't know which of these beasts to pick, I want them both sad but no money to buy the two cry both cars have almost perfect reviews on the internet, only a few complains about electrical issues with the bmw. I'm asking for ur advice on which u think is better, both cars don't consume much fuel so fuel economy is not what I'm looking for. I travel a lot, actually on a weekly basis and don't have a family of my own so I think what I'm looking for is performance, durability and reliability. Thank you.

Re: C300 Or 335i? by king406(m): 4:36pm On Mar 31, 2016

Re: C300 Or 335i? by king406(m): 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
.. cry

Re: C300 Or 335i? by king406(m): 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
cry

Re: C300 Or 335i? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 31, 2016
I naturally have a love for benz so I may be biased via my opinion.
Re: C300 Or 335i? by king406(m): 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
castroevans:
I naturally have a love for benz so I may be biased via my opinion.
do u think the benz has edges over the bmw?
Re: C300 Or 335i? by roku(m): 5:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
If by performance u mean speed, handling and braking then I suggest u go with the bmw. I believe the c300 has a 3.0 v6 the bmw will clear the benz out anytime because it has bigger engine

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: C300 Or 335i? by xerotop(m): 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
roku:
If by performance u mean speed, handling and braking then I suggest u go with the bmw. I believe the c300 has a 3.0 v6 the bmw will clear the benz out anytime because it has bigger engine

The Bmw also is equiped with a 3.0L engine only its turbo charged.
The benz is prettier and more attractive. But the Bmw is raw. If u know what i mean
Re: C300 Or 335i? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
To an extent, yes.
king406:
do u think the benz has edges over the bmw?
Re: C300 Or 335i? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
Op, The comparison between the 335i and C300, when it comes to power,styling the bmw gat an edge over the benz, U would have to compare the 335i to C350.I'm a lover of Darmian Chrysler but I gat be factual here. The only bmw I have ever owned was a 2005 5series and it was indeed a sweet ride. Meanwhile,there is a reason y BMW and Benz are enemies Both are battling it out for supremacy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: C300 Or 335i? by king406(m): 7:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
castroevans:
Op, The comparison between the 335i and C300, when it comes to power,styling the bmw gat an edge over the benz, U would have to compare the 335i to C350.I'm a lover of Darmian Chrysler but I gat be factual here. The only bmw I have ever owned was a 2005 5series and it was indeed a sweet ride. Meanwhile,there is a reason y BMW and Benz are enemies Both are battling it out for supremacy.
but if u were in my shoes which one would u choose? Remember I currently own a benz
Re: C300 Or 335i? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
I would advice u upgrade to the C300 not just because of it's sleek look but also elegance, the C300 also gat a good resale value compared to the bmw... but if that isn't an issue for u, then u can go for the bmw, remember the bmw 335i gat an edge over the C300. (if u quote author=king406 post=44290225]but if u were in my shoes which one would u choose? Remember I currently own a benz [/quote]

1 Like

Re: C300 Or 335i? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
I would go with the BMW 335i. BMW's legendary silky-smooth inline-six, boosted by a couple of fat snails, better power delivery and handling. Better driving dynamics than the staid Mercedes-Benz. A real driver's car.

The Mercedes-Benz is great, but it pales into insignificance beside the brutal and brash BMW. That Beemer has soul!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: C300 Or 335i? by king406(m): 9:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
castroevans:
I would advice u upgrade to the C300 not just because of it's sleek look but also elegance, the C300 also gat a good resale value compared to the bmw... but if that isn't an issue for u, then u can go for the bmw, remember the bmw 335i gat an edge over the C300. (if u quote author=king406 post=44290225]but if u were in my shoes which one would u choose? Remember I currently own a benz
thank you

1 Like

Re: C300 Or 335i? by king406(m): 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2016
Siena:
I would go with the BMW 335i. BMW's legendary silky-smooth inline-six, boosted by a couple of fat snails, better power delivery and handling. Better driving dynamics than the staid Mercedes-Benz. A real driver's car.

The Mercedes-Benz is great, but it pales into insignificance beside the brutal and brash BMW. That Beemer has soul!
Okay I get the bmw will take me to my destination faster, but which one will take me to my destination more comfortably? I need to narrow it down to speed vs comfort.
Re: C300 Or 335i? by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 01, 2016
king406:
but if u were in my shoes which one would u choose? Remember I currently own a benz
You own a benz already so why don't you try out the bmw and see how it goes also join the bmw watsapp page. if there's one thing i know the group members are always willing to help our even if it's midnight. But I only pity you because I doubt if you have heard the phrase "once you drive a bmw you wouldn't wanna drive any other car" and from the pics you posted above, that bmw had got the looks and everything.
Re: C300 Or 335i? by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 01, 2016
king406:
You own a benz already so why don't you try out the bmw and see how it goes also join the bmw watsapp page. if there's one thing i know the group members are always willing to help out anytime even if it's midnight. But I only pity you because I doubt if you have heard the phrase "once you drive a bmw you wouldn't wanna drive any other car" and from the pics you posted above, that bmw has got the looks and everything.
Re: C300 Or 335i? by king406(m): 3:16am On Apr 01, 2016
dumo1:

You own a benz already so why don't you try out the bmw and see how it goes also join the bmw watsapp page. if there's one thing i know the group members are always willing to help our even if it's midnight. But I only pity you because I doubt if you have heard the phrase "once you drive a bmw you wouldn't wanna drive any other car" and from the pics you posted above, that bmw had got the looks and everything.
to be honest with u when I received the pictures of both cars I fell in love with the bmw first, the C300 is a commonly used car u see it everywhere. I am strictly a benz guy so I didn't want to rush things that's why I brought it here to see what other people think. For now I will go with the bmw to experience what both of the German giants offer. Hopefully I will soon port to the performance variants, AMG or Mpower. And I already see myself buying an AMG not Mpower. We will see though, thanks.
Re: C300 Or 335i? by osusu(m): 8:33am On Apr 01, 2016
Siena:

didnt knw u liked beemers or ur just flirtin wit em?
Re: C300 Or 335i? by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 01, 2016
king406:
to be honest with u when I received the pictures of both cars I fell in love with the bmw first, the C300 is a commonly used car u see it everywhere. I am strictly a benz guy so I didn't want to rush things that's why I brought it here to see what other people think. For now I will go with the bmw to experience what both of the German giants offer. Hopefully I will soon port to the performance variants, AMG or Mpower. And I already see myself buying an AMG not Mpower. We will see though, thanks.
That's just what I wanted to hear. All the best with the bmw and Pls do select a very clean & good one without issues if possible scan before buying. As for benz and bmw it's a battle of supremacy even I tilt towards benz sometimes.
Re: C300 Or 335i? by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 01, 2016
well, op since u want comfort...........i will say u should go for the Benz, it appears that it has much leg space, more head room and ground clearance, bt u can confirm sha.... if u talk about comfort that is wot should matter.
Re: C300 Or 335i? by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 01, 2016
osusu:

didnt knw u liked beemers or ur just flirtin wit em?

Audi is my preference, though I have much love and respect for BMW. I've owned 4 Beemers to date too. smiley

1 Like

Re: C300 Or 335i? by XerXesNG(m): 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2016

3 Likes

Re: C300 Or 335i? by XerXesNG(m): 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2016
My BMW consumed fuel at am alarming rate in city driving. It was very economical on long trips.
Re: C300 Or 335i? by king406(m): 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
XerXesNG:
If I were you, I'd go for the Benz. Seeing as you've been a Benz person and that C300 seems to be a car without issues so far. Popular in NG too, so mechanics are everywhere.

I am me, so I won't even look at the Benz. At all. No iota of space to consider another car over an E90 335i. That's my next car (in manual guise of course)

I have had the E90 330i (3.0L naturally aspirated I6) and the 2008 C300. Both manual transmissions.

Even my non forcibly induced BMW is faster (let alone a dual turbocharged one).
The BMW handles exceptionally well, way more than the Benz.
Both cars are comfortable to sit in.
Both cars have smart reliable and awesome automatic transmission.
Both cars will turn heads (the BMW will turn more because it's rare). People will probably start conversations with you because of the BMW (let's face it, it'san uncommon ultimate driving machine in this part of the world,and you're regarded as having balls to have one).

The BMW will have a harsher ride than the Benz (even though it's a sport model C300)
The BMW has a likelihood of failure of the high pressure fuel pump and turbos which are quite expensive (Im sure people here just didn't want to say it because it sounds scary. It's not going to deter me from buying one anyway).
The Benz has space for spare tyre in the trunk (BMW doesn't)
The Benz has more leg room especially at the rear (3 people can hardly sit in the back of the BMW)
Finally for fuel consumption (as millions of other Nigerians worry about...as if the money saved from fuel for 3 years can buy a house), from my experience, my BMW (E90 330 manual) gulped, drank or gave away (not used, or chopped, or consumed) more fuel than the Benz.

The choice is really yours to make in the end. If you want an adventure, BMW. If you want to play safe, Benz. Just make sure anyone you choose has a good history, since you're importing.
thank u so much. I've decided to go with speed.

2 Likes

Re: C300 Or 335i? by lonelydora: 8:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
I just love Mercedes Benz.

Although I know the BMW will perform better than the Benz.
Re: C300 Or 335i? by XerXesNG(m): 6:08pm On May 12, 2016
Which one did you get?

1 Like

Re: C300 Or 335i? by bsideboii(m): 2:04pm On May 20, 2017
Would like to know which of the cars u picked? I hope u went for the C330....I'm surprised nobody mentioned BMWs low ground clearance especially when it "jams" our Nigerian roads .
Re: C300 Or 335i? by king406(m): 10:40pm On May 22, 2017
bsideboii:
Would like to know which of the cars u picked? I hope u went for the C330....I'm surprised nobody mentioned BMWs low ground clearance especially when it "jams" our Nigerian roads .
i got the bmw. Very impressed with its performance, it is no doubt a beast but unfortunately the car has proven to be not durable, it fails to handle the harshness of nigeria, things ranging from average grade fuel which caused me multiple jackings all the way down to portholes. I've had problems with fuel pump, struts, bushings, low arms, cracked rims, and once overheated on my way to kaduna with no apparent reason, the car functioned normally after i let it cool down and it never overheated again. I've replaced the above mentioned parts multiple times. I am soon going to sell the car together with my C230 and go back with my beloved benz, E350 2011. Benz handles nigeria better.

10 Likes

Re: C300 Or 335i? by DaV8King(m): 3:54pm On May 23, 2017
I say buy the BMW.

Either must chop money sha.

That's usually German machines for you because of Naija issues like bad road and fuel etc.

But dodge the Benz deffo. If that 4matic should spoil you go hear am bros.
Re: C300 Or 335i? by king406(m): 4:26pm On May 23, 2017
DaV8King:
I say buy the BMW.

Either must chop money sha.

That's usually German machines for you because of Naija issues like bad road and fuel etc.

But dodge the Benz deffo. If that 4matic should spoil you go hear am bros.
oga benz no dey give problem oh, i hope u understand what i mean. And i dont need 4matic, its just extra weight that i dont need. Sport trim any time any day
Re: C300 Or 335i? by GKACME1: 9:30pm On May 23, 2017
king406:
i got the bmw. Very impressed with its performance, it is no doubt a beast but unfortunately the car has proven to be not durable, it fails to handle the harshness of nigeria, things ranging from average grade fuel which caused me multiple jackings all the way down to portholes. I've had problems with fuel pump, struts, bushings, low arms, cracked rims, and once overheated on my way to kaduna with no apparent reason, the car functioned normally after i let it cool down and it never overheated again. I've replaced the above mentioned parts multiple times. I am soon going to sell the car together with my C230 and go back with my beloved benz, E350 2011. Benz handles nigeria better.

Stop using large rims with low profile tyres on Nigerian roads and 90% of this your "so called issues" will go away. By all means buy the Benz if you so like it and put the same rims and Tyre configuration on the Benz E350 and come back to tell your stories on NL in 6months time. Your narrative clearly shows you run the wrong Tyre configuration (low profile) for this our Naija.

BMW suspension is way ahead of most other car makers. Just stop abusing it with large rims and low profiles (for looks) your ride quality will be harsh and vulcanizers will be your best friends... Those can't werk on Nigerian roads unless you don't travel with 'em and you dodge potholes passionately while running errands in town.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Weeks I Have Order My Car From Coutonu / Betwen Honda Cross Tour And Toyota Venza / Pls Help: My Golf 3 Auto Gearbox Won't Select Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.