Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,148 members, 7,780,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:33 AM

Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War (29398 Views)

IPOB Members And Hausas Clash At Oyigbo In Rivers State (Photos) / Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War / Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by ayindejimmy(m): 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
ndcide:
I need to give Mr Femi a cold bottle of pepsi for driving home the point. Prof sagay should know the sentiment of some of us. What you are doing now is not fighting corruption. QED

What your Mr Femi failed to comprehend is that the war on corruption has to start from somewhere.
And his speech gave his sentiments for PDP away.
I am really ashamed of our youths if they actually applauded such a lopsided premeditated defence of PDP.

I don't actually care who's being prosecuted as long as the person is guilty.
We must start from somewhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by castrokins(m): 11:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
Give Mr Aribisala A Gold Medal For Handing Deadly Upper Cuts To Those APC Apologists.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Jesona(m): 11:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
989900:
Femi is a m0r0n.

If that is all you could type after reading the article, then you really need help asap!
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by hero2000: 11:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
There is something called moral authority and Aribosala has little of it on the matter at hand. While Sagay and Oby didn't handle the issues well and made improper comments about the students, Aribisala made it looks as if the govt is not fighting corruption. But he is trying to deceive!

CBN recruitment saga is bad. Taken. But this government has achieved many plus.

* continuous decimation of BH
*process of recovery of looted funds abroad
*prosecution of Arms loot, Dasuki, Badeh, etc
* improving Nigeria international image
* investigating the manslaughter during Immigration recruitment
* There is a sense of State sovereignty now, unlike when anybody can make reckless claims and get away with it.(Tompolo , Dokubo, Shiite leader, Nnamdi KANU, etc)

Things the govt must do urgently:
*Address fuel scarcity
*Fight corruption in Police
* Unemployment reduction
* Fulani murders in Benue

If there were an election between PMB and GEJ today, who do you think would win?

The answer is clear: P**.

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by odikimi: 11:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
agbangam:
Wen u read comment of pple praising Femi den u know we are in serious trouble as a nation. Pple keep saying d corruption battle is against PDP but is Alex Badeh, AVM Amosu, Akpobolome are dey PDP members?? Dis guys looted us @ d National level so badly, Boko war was pro-longed because of pple like Dansuki and Co. cos of der greed. Our roads are bad, no light, refinery have not been working after 16yrs of PDP rule and some student are der clapping to der foolishness and d painful thing is dat our Universities are in a poor state while those looters send their children abroad. Well no matter how dey clap to Femi stupid comment, those PDP looters will all be jailed no matter d tricks dey play.
pls Akpobolokaemi is a pdp man. Also to correct yo ignorance, Badeh though I am so happy for his incarceration, was appointedby pdp and was part of the pdp system. pls y don't u clamour that corruptionbe wiped out totally and not from one angle? Pls who has ruled Lagos from 1999 to date? also answer me whether pdp is a name of human being? where is Jim Nwobodo? are u still hearing anything about his share of the Dasukugate since he defected to apc late last yr?
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by odikimi: 11:24pm On Mar 31, 2016
hero2000:
There is something called moral authority and Aribosala has little of it on the matter at hand. While Sagay and Oby didn't handle the issues well and made improper comments about the students, Aribisala made it looks as if the govt is not fighting corruption. But he is trying to deceive!

CBN recruitment saga is bad. Taken. But this government has achieved many plus.

* continuous decimation of BH
*process of recovery of looted funds abroad
*prosecution of Arms loot, Dasuki, Badeh, etc
* improving Nigeria international image
* investigating the manslaughter during Immigration recruitment
* There is a sense of State sovereignty now, unlike when anybody can make reckless claims and get away with it.(Tompolo , Dokubo, Shiite leader, Nnamdi KANU, etc)

Things the govt must do urgently:
*Address fuel scarcity
*Fight corruption in Police
* Unemployment reduction
* Fulani murders in Benue

If there were an election between PMB and GEJ today, who do you think would win?

The answer is clear: P**.
what a share ignorance or total hypocrisy. Is fighting BH corruption? how many of u have voiced out to d government to sack the cbn workers? Well we all are suffering, but I tell u, u r facing it more than people like us. it's because of shame that is still making u support PMB.
Pls enlighten me on why Aribisala has no moral authority, is it because he is not yo god (Tinubu's) follower?
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by mbaboy(m): 11:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
Did you read the article at all
Ozid:
This Mr Aribisala is just making mockery of himself. If at this age of his he sees nothing bad in corruption then he need to have a brain check up.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by wadetaw202: 11:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
mars123:
I think firstly our institutions have to be strengthened for an effective war against corruption. That doesn't mean that Buhari isn't fighting corruption now. because if you check the current restructuring of the NNPC, the restructuring itself is a war against corruption. how does femi explain the introduction of TSA, is that not a fight against corruption?

I choose to ignore the $2.1bn because people with sentiments are calling it witch hunt. but how on earth can you witch hunt a thief? those who have stolen our commonwealth are being pursued and you're calling it unfair. This Femi is not okay at all.

and the supposedly "leaders of tomorrow" are clapping. Lord knows an idiot will never lead me tomorrow.

And how on earth would you bring corruption charges only against those that oppose to the ruling party?I think it is you that is not ok at all.

The students got the story of buhari's hypocrisy and they clapped. But here you are ,along with the party man sagay, condemning those students for discovering and applauding the exposition of your party's hypocrisy.

This should tell you that the lies and hypocrisy forming the foundation of your party can never be covered up. Large percentage of Nigeria now know your party ise party of lies and deception. APC is the true depiction of Party Deceiving People.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Oloriokokan: 11:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
Femo ose! Iyawon. Kwaruption ko chain ni
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by wadetaw202: 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ozid:
This Mr Aribisala is just making mockery of himself. If at this age of his he sees nothing bad in corruption then he need to have a brain check up.

It is clear you didn't read the post or you didn't read it with your right senses in place.. Where in that post did he support corruption? He was only saying buhari should fight corruotiokn properly and not use it as a means to oppress opposition.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by poseidon12: 11:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ozid:

Where did you read that Mr. Aribisala sees nothing wrong with corruption?
What he said is that Buhari is not fighting corruption. He is obviously fighting his political enemies.
Look at some of the people in his government. And some of the ones that raised the money for his campaign.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by poseidon12: 11:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
This Itse Sagay is a disappointment. Femi Aribisala on point as usual.
I don't see any fight against corruption. I just see witch-hunt of opposition.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by freeze001(f): 12:14am On Apr 01, 2016
OneManLegion:

Femi didn't say anything pragmatic.

It is an almost incontrovertible fact that a sizeable chunk of the APC members are corrupt but I don't expect Buhari to do anything about them. I don't expect a holistic anti-corruption crusade, I want an anti-corruption crusade, simple!

Shocking, abi?

Nah.

If Buhari hadn't liased with those people in APC today, we would have been under GEJ's leadership up until now where there would be ZERO anti-corruption war. I dunno about you, but I prefer a selective anti-corruption war to no corruption fight.

We keep getting hit with the unbelievable amount of money plundered during Gej's tenure and you think Femi's colourful sophistry exonerates him and his party of wrongdoing?

The APC is largely a failing party, but the PDP is a failed party and they spent 16 years at the epicentre of political power in Nigeria validating that assertion time and again.

I may have a lot of complaints about Buhari's government, but I have absolutely NO complaint about his anti-corruption war.

As for the kleptomaniacs enjoying immunity because of their affiliation to the ruling party, I'll clench my teeth and wait for when someone will begin an a "selective" anti-corruption fight against them; when these disgusting thieves on whose behalf Mr Aribisala now bleats were running amok on our commonwealth, I'm sure they also thought the day of reckoning would never come.

It is unfortunate that Mr Aribisala turned a brainstorming session to an opportunity to score dumb political points. Was he saying that PDP's 16 years of not just not fighting corruption but also actively enthroning same was not an abuse of trust as well as our sensibilities?

There is a reason why it is said that half-truths are more dangerous than outright lies. You see, deception is a major hallmark of manipulation/witchcraft and that is what half-truths are all about.

Imagine a man to be burning up due to heat and d known cure is some cool, clear water. That man can see d water from afar, some in a position to help are playing with it or letting it go to waste but he sees that a few determined steps will get him to that water and he can start to heal. He's beginning to make progress and he's emboldened because he can see d water!

Suddenly someone along with a large number of those who carted away or wasted ds water come together, berate those who control n let d water run then shut it off; they go ahead and inundate d man with tales of how others have wasted d water, it's no longer there and they're going to get it to him rather than have him move. At the end, they come with a jar filled with clear liquid to the man, he's so overjoyed that his sufferings are over only to gulp down and have his throat seared by raw acid! Yet they preach that the other players, including some that were there too have exhausted it and insist they have supplied water n not acid despite seeing d man rolling in more agony than he'd ever been. When they need a drink though they can still turn it on strictly for cronies.

Which would he prefer? Getting to d water that was freely flowing or having a jar full of deception handed to him?

That is Nigeria now...wallowing under deception and more pain than ever. Yet they keep preaching change...
It is better not to fight corruption at all than do so selectively. Selective corruption war is corruption itself and it opens that which u claim to seek to preserve to even more deadly foxes who have the art of deception down to a tee.

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by freeze001(f): 12:24am On Apr 01, 2016
dannyjesutofunmi:

You're a genious bro

I'm a sister please...and thanks for d compliment. grin
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by inspbado(m): 12:25am On Apr 01, 2016
I don't like Mr Aribisala one bit, but I side with him on this issue. I voted for president buhari at the last polls, but I'm a bit disappointed with him so far. I think the govt's anti corruption fight is not coordinated, its all for show and one sided. I don't know why the government can't set up special courts with special powers to deal with corruption, since it says corruption is the bane of the country. Likewise, I think it is the height of deceit and sheer hypocrisy for a govt that prides itself on being above board and "clean", to be involved in nepotism and favouritism as seen in the recent CBN employment saga. Rather than address the controversy thrown up by the recruitment process, the govt is keeping mum and the CBN is trying to cover the sordid incident up. Rather than castigate and bully the students who agreed with all Mr Aribisala said, prof sagay nd Mrs obi should just for a minute, put aside their obvious political partiality and reflect on what he said. It will do them and us a whole lot of good.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by adconline(m): 12:46am On Apr 01, 2016
ayindejimmy:

Not Trump supporters. Most are just angry and vengeful racist
But average trump supporter understands the issues and knows where Trump stands unlike average Naija voters. More so, university graduates aren't your typical Trump supporters. It's an intellectual assault that like Unilag students to Trump supporters
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Jico87: 12:52am On Apr 01, 2016
Ghost01:
How can you invite Aribisala to a serious discussion on Nigeria? The man is one huge comedy! What Buhari took from him, I'll never know. So because a government wants to show that it is serious about fighting corruption it should create more agencies? C'mon!

Scrap present agency or rebrand it and give it new perspective then make it independent
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 01, 2016
freeze001:
A classical representation of the playground bully who is usually a coward inside but puts on a false front of bravado because of his bigger size or in this case, the Dutch courage drawn from the elixir being in power. Rather than 'fight' with someone their size, they pick on 'easier prey'.

Ezekwesili and Sagay are just a tad bereft of ideas and comments with which to put down Femi's strong points and that is why they practically left the subject of discourse and started harassing students who clapped after listening to a speaker.

Femi was clear that there can be no acclaimed fight against corruption when the premise on which they rode into power was already corrupt. Glaring cases of nepotism, deliberate disregard of the rule of law and seeming concentration on people drawn from a particular group either due to their tribes or political affiliation are enough to rubbish the so called corruption fight. Students saw reason with both the content and form of his argument and showed their agreement in the most civil way possible, ie clapping.

Rather than address points raised and counter them or raise a more superior argument, they left Femi and attacked the students. I mean what is this?!

Or this?

Sagay, an erudite professor of law (as he then was), chose to attack the person of Femi and even draw Trump into the matter in referring to his idea of appreciation of unserious people. Tomorrow now if Donald Trump becomes POTUS, he will be one of those to wax poetic about how wonderful Trump is. So shameful!

Something seems to be wrong with Nigerian law professors lately!

1: A law professor/ SAN became an Okon to a dullard with no history of any intellectual capabilities.

2: A renowned constitutional lawyer and a Professor in the person of Sagay became very subjective and emotional in his response when he should have used that opportunity to counter Femi with objective response backed up with facts. Mr Ibu would have made more sense than the gibberish from that SAN/ Prof. In law.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Jico87: 1:04am On Apr 01, 2016
noblegrex:
how does all the trash he said made any sense to you. Indeed,our Educational system is problematic.if people can think like Aribisala or whatever. If not for anything,The fact still remains that there's a government that came and made it known that corruption must be dealt with.that step alone is enough. and its a shame for some one of his age and calibre to think like ordinary people.little wonder he's got support and was applauded.only God can save the youths of this generation. Just few reseanable and sensible youths.. They've got no INSTINCT at all. Kids and Dummy everywhere.no sense of reseasoning at all. If for once, a government has come and shown desires of fighting corruption and open our eyes,then I think such government need be applauded...moreover PDP are corrupt and they must be flushed. If that's what they call wintch,wizard or mami water hunting so be it. I'm enjoying it. Let PDP follow suit.

If in a crate of 12 eggs like four are bad and out of the four one of it is very big and you like big eggs so much would you remove the three small egg that are bad and leave the big bad egg which can ruin the remaining eggs or you remove everything. I guess you would do the former not the later you really an educated zombie
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by RexTramadol1: 1:05am On Apr 01, 2016
freeze001:
A classical representation of the playground bully who is usually a coward inside but puts on a false front of bravado because of his bigger size or in this case, the Dutch courage drawn from the elixir being in power. Rather than 'fight' with someone their size, they pick on 'easier prey'.

Ezekwesili and Sagay are just a tad bereft of ideas and comments with which to put down Femi's strong points and that is why they practically left the subject of discourse and started harassing students who clapped after listening to a speaker.

Femi was clear that there can be no acclaimed fight against corruption when the premise on which they rode into power was already corrupt. Glaring cases of nepotism, deliberate disregard of the rule of law and seeming concentration on people drawn from a particular group either due to their tribes or political affiliation are enough to rubbish the so called corruption fight. Students saw reason with both the content and form of his argument and showed their agreement in the most civil way possible, ie clapping.

Rather than address points raised and counter them or raise a more superior argument, they left Femi and attacked the students. I mean what is this?!

Or this?

Sagay, an erudite professor of law (as he then was), chose to attack the person of Femi and even draw Trump into the matter in referring to his idea of appreciation of unserious people. Tomorrow now if Donald Trump becomes POTUS, he will be one of those to wax poetic about how wonderful Trump is. So shameful!

My philosophy lecturer during my undegraduate days once said "If you are avin an argument and it leads to you verbally assaulting the next person, you're nothing more than a lay man" Prof Itse Sagay is so so dumb! Quote me anywhere

Students aren't stupid, they'll clap for you if you make sense too......you don't av 2 be jealous, anyways...........

Badbelle is allowed!

2 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by adebayosun02: 1:20am On Apr 01, 2016
Am forced to make my submission on this matter. Having read the article thoroughly and watched some few part of the program on tv, I think FEMI ARIBISALA was the ONLY one out of the four speakers that hit the matter wihout FEAR or FAVOUR. Femi Falana act comically on the subject matter while the Dr. and Prof act as if they will loose the personal favour they are expecting from this govt. if they speak the truth. What catches me most from Femi Aribisala was that ".......Nigerians are not ready to........." where he also sighted Hong Kong as an example. Aribisala ride on, you have it.
justurch:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/201077-sagay-ezekwesili-aribisala-clash-roundtable-corruption-war.html
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by truthspeaks: 1:25am On Apr 01, 2016
Who held ur fingers from typing. Zombie
SUPERPACK:
t
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by truthspeaks: 1:32am On Apr 01, 2016
So in all u read, u ddnt undstnd a thing? Ur buhari is claiming to be fighting yet influences d recruitment of his relatives into Cbn, conducts media trials n has not pushed for any convictions of those accused of corruption till date. Not even d so-called glaring case of dasuki. Evr since Jim nwobodo joined ApC, hv u heard of any corruption case against him since then? Dis shows sai bubu is nt even clean.
Ozid:
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by truthspeaks: 1:34am On Apr 01, 2016
Is it buhari or his stenching body odour dat we shld tk serious?
Keneking:
I never take femi aribisala pastor serious
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by truthspeaks: 1:42am On Apr 01, 2016
D moment buhari had that alliance wit d corrupt tendencies part of wch r majorly frm d PdP, I knw his integrity wld be compromised. He dare not go aftr any of his party members lest they remind him of hw he became president. So am sory to say, thr z no fight against corruption. Think abt out n stop living in self-denial. If u wn2 try it, let's pray some persons dat hv bn accused declare their loyalty to APC n u ll see hw such cases wld disappear. Jim nwobodo is an example
Ghost01:
How can you invite Aribisala to a serious discussion on Nigeria? The man is one huge comedy! What Buhari took from him, I'll never know. So because a government wants to show that it is serious about fighting corruption it should create more agencies? C'mon!
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by 989900: 5:02am On Apr 01, 2016
uncjay:

[s]Lolz..... Quite unfortunate show of shame...it a pity you take typo errors a benchmark for measuring one's understanding of use of english.

btw; na my papa tongue?.....u will be psychologically enslaved forever, at least you're still licking their asses.[/s]

Meh, comeback when you've done the needful.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by 989900: 5:03am On Apr 01, 2016
Jesona:

[s]If that is all you could type after reading the article, then you really need help asap![/s]

Meh.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Excellentmind: 6:08am On Apr 01, 2016
The truth must be said regardless of the camp one has pitched one's tent. Aribisala's speech, indeed deserves more than a thunderous ovation because of his foolhardy posture which he exhibited while hitting the nail on the head. He is not compromised nor a political jobber yet. He was able to convince the students hence the ovation. Attacks from the people who suppose to lead the way has further entrenched his points in the mind of the students and public who do not take anything for truth. Aribisala, please keep it up.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 01, 2016
freeze001:

Or this?

. Well written. You are a darl

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by realchidex: 6:33am On Apr 01, 2016
Thank God we still have somebody like Femi in this country.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by uncjay(m): 6:34am On Apr 01, 2016
Meh, comeback when you've done the needful.[/quote]lolz....
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Ghost01(m): 6:52am On Apr 01, 2016
truthspeaks:
D moment buhari had that alliance wit d corrupt tendencies part of wch r majorly frm d PdP, I knw his integrity wld be compromised. He dare not go aftr any of his party members lest they remind him of hw he became president. So am sory to say, thr z no fight against corruption. Think abt out n stop living in self-denial. If u wn2 try it, let's pray some persons dat hv bn accused declare their loyalty to APC n u ll see hw such cases wld disappear. Jim nwobodo is an example
Saraki is no longer a member of the APC, ko? The hypocrisy of you guys stinks. At present, most of the attention is still on Defence, especially the arms deal. And that's why majority of those on trial are those who were in the last government or close to it. The money for security was used to prosecute the election in favour of Jonathan, and that explains why most of those presently on EFCC's radar are members of the opposition and its affiliates. How many time will the incumbent government come out to explain itself on this before it enters into your cerebral cortex? The files on the NNPC, last we were told, were still being compiled. This time around, it is systematic anti-corruption crusade. Blame the Buhari government for falling very short of boosting the economy, but it is doing okay in the fight against corruption.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ondo 2020: Pictures From PDP Governorship Primary Election / President Jonathan At Oronto Douglas' Burial In Yenagoa,Bayelsa Today(photos) / Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.