Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State (45295 Views)

"I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting / "My Wife, Chanel Chin Is The Most Beautiful Queen On Planet Earth"- Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by aariwa(m): 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
Jamaican women in the US and canada are always crazy about Nigerian men because we are better husbands than black american men
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Smooyis(m): 8:53pm On Mar 31, 2016
Congratulations. I love the story line; taken away as a slave and brought back as a queen.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ptoocool:

I dey tell you,,

meanwhile, someone was calling u on one mastubator thread lyk dat 4 collection of offering,, hope u've done dat? If NO, why? If YES, I want ma share
lol. I don't forget the thread sef.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
aariwa:
Jamaican women in the US and canada are always crazy about Nigerian men because we are better husbands than black american men

Jamaicans generally dont like Nigerians unless they need a husband from there.

I could be wrong though.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
Smooyis:
Congratulations. I love the story line; taken away as a slave and brought back as a queen.

Do you know of any instance in Yorubaland where a slave became a queen?

This is something new.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by alakara(m): 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
That is my queen the wife of his imperial majesty oluwo of iwoland kabiyesi. Our queen is a JAMO

2 Likes

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Ptoocool(m): 9:07pm On Mar 31, 2016
Adaure4ever:
lol. I don't forget the thread sef.

c'mon,,check ur mentions na,,

i really need ma share oo, dis economy is too slow 4ma liking gan,,

grin
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 9:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
alakara:
That is my queen the wife of his imperial majesty oluwo of iwoland kabiyesi.
Our queen is a JAMO

Nollywood ti takeover.

1 Like

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by toprealman: 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
Slimzjoe:
Its my Birthday Ladies And Mentlegen cheesy
dalies and mentlegen.....lol
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Seun360(m): 9:15pm On Mar 31, 2016
Jamaican slaves were mostly Igbos though.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by amiskurie(m): 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
centyboy:
vanity upon vanity... cry
U mean a prince should run away from his destiny to ascend his father's throne?

1 Like

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by mhizsimi(f): 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
Interesting
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
Seun360:

Meaning the lady is an Igbo woman?

A lot of Carribeans are of Calabar descent also, so she might be from there as well.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
PoosPoos:
Ganja Smuggler grin
Osun people get ready.
Legalise it
Yea man lol. Seems like you know the Jamaicans pretty well. Jamaicans are interesting people but they smoke a lot of shi.ts you know.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Sayelabola(m): 9:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
osec007:
The king should get ready to dance regge in bed

By now he might be used to it.

And don't be shy to let me know you are jealous of the "dance reggea in bed" thing?

Anna Bella is my friend, and she is still single and searching. Lol
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
tpiah01:
Actually, this is the dressing for King's wives in Yorubaland, but perhaps it is only for Yoruba women, and maybe no longer practiced:

https://www.nairaland.com/2711339/some-old-pictures-nigerian-ethnic

I can bet my last penny that at the time this picture was taken the "queen" of your town was running around butt na.ked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by suwalee(f): 9:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kolababe:
According to to The Jamaican Gleaned, Chanel Chin, the daughter of Jamaican raggae star, Ludlow Chin also known as Bobo Zaro is the queen of the Iwo Kingdom following her marriage to King Adbul Rasheed Adewale Akanbi earlier this year.

King Abdul Rasheed, now known as the Imperial Oluwo of the Iwo Kingdom in Osun State, after his ascendancy on November 10, 2015, had met the 32-year-old woman in Canada, where he resided before his ascension.

Bobo Zaro is known for songs such as the hit single Pain, a collaboration with Contractor and Capleton, the video of which has been seen by millions of viewers in Africa via Channel O in South Africa and the Sporah TV show via SkyTV.

In an interview with The Jamaica Gleaner, Queen Chin reveals that she is very honoured to represent Jamaica in such a big way.

"My ancestors were taken away as slaves, but I have returned to Africa as a queen. One's destiny cannot be altered. As a young child, I always wanted to come to Africa, but didn't know how. I feel this is a great opportunity for black people worldwide to return to their home."

In a Facebook post, Emmanuel Mathias, in support of the queen, declared:
"Destiny is powerful, her ancestor was taken away as slave, but she return back home as queen. Let us embrace her and tell her you are welcome back home. This is one giant step towards bringing back home our descendants that great fathers and mothers were casted away."

The queen added: "Our forefathers and ancestral mothers were cast away as slaves to never return, but I want Jamaicans everywhere to know that Africa is so nice. The culture and traditions are so rich and lovely. It's truly something every black person should come and experience."

Chanel explained that as queen of Iwo land, her responsibility is to always set a proper example for young girls and women in the community. Giving an insight into traditions and customs, she said her dressing and outfits are to always be conservative and respectful.

"No matter what I wear, my shoulders and full legs must be covered at all times. All of my clothes are custom made to match these requirements. Also, as queen, the king and I like to regularly visit the local schools in the community to remind the children of the importance of education and excelling in all areas of their school work and examinations."

The queen said her husband is the first king to actually take the time to visit the children.

"We believe they are the future," she remarked.

In her esteemed position as a Nigerian queen, she said she faces only minor challenges one of which is her being not fluent in the native language which is Yoruba.

"I know some words. Everyday, I am still learning. Another challenge is that the food is quite different from our mouth- watering Jamaican dishes."

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/03/meet-chanel-chin-daughter-of-jamaican.html
Reminds me of eddy Murphy's coming to america
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Sayelabola(m): 9:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
tpiah01:

A lot of Carribeans are of Calabar descent also, so she might be from there as well.

Methink the Yorubas are mostly in Brazil.

The beans cake we know is called akara in Yoruba and it is called "akarajé" in Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Sayelabola(m): 9:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
Aigbofa:

I can bet my last penny that at the time this picture was taken the "queen" of your town was running around butt na.ked.

I want to assume the queen of his town should be a sexagenarian or less.

So do you mean this could be a picture taken about sixty years ago?

1 Like

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Sayelabola(m): 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
alakara:
Our queen is a JAMO

I could read your mind from here.

I guess you are dancing to your comment. Well done!

But wait oo, do you think Jamaican visa will be free for your people ni? grin
alakara:
Our queen is a JAMO

I could read your mind from here.

I guess you are dancing to your comment. Well done!

But wait oo, do you think Jamaican visa will be free for your people ni?
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by apatuku: 10:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
Khd95:
Does she ve dadagrin
grin
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by ijebu2020: 10:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
tpiah01:
Actually, this is the dressing for King's wives in Yorubaland, but perhaps it is only for Yoruba women, and maybe no longer practiced:

https://www.nairaland.com/2711339/some-old-pictures-nigerian-ethnic

how abt in ur own tribe or ur village....do u even have a root at all?? u guys have got to stop making fun out of people.u wrote nonsense kk..hisssss
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by lastnogood(f): 10:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
Seun360:

Where my family is from in Westmoreland, Jamaica is an area called Sweet River. I had no idea until I happened upon a thread, and then my grandmother confirmed that my family is from Bekuta in near Sweet River. Bekuta being a broken down version of Abeokuta. Indeed, Prof. Wole Soyinka and the Nigerian ambassador came and opened the area as a heritage site. I'll find the thread and affix it
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by ijebu2020: 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ghen ghen...this new Oba of Iwo is a close friend of the new Ooni Ogunwusi.....nw I can c d way they are ruling their clan ..I pray God gives bpth of them wisdom and guide them frm tarnishng Yoruba kingship
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Seun360(m): 10:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
tpiah01:

Well, I only know of the Yorubas and Igbos.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by classiclight(m): 10:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
rastafarian wifey
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by DaisyII: 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
Khd95:
Does she ve dadagrin
yo high! Lwkmd cheesy
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by kardiff(m): 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
wink

1 Like

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
Aigbofa:

I can bet my last penny that at the time this picture was taken the "queen" of my town was running around butt na.ked.

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by DaisyII: 10:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
PoosPoos:
Ganja Smuggler grin Osun people get ready. Legalise it
Oshogbo weed must earn foreign exchange... cheesy
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 10:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
Sayelabola:

I want to assume the queen of his town should be a sexagenarian or less.

So do you mean this could be a picture taken about sixty years ago?

what do folks find offensive about the picture?

I wonder when some Africans will stop being ashamed of their ancestry especially when they see foreigners.

1 Like

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 10:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
Seun360:

Well, I only know of the Yorubas and Igbos.

Calabar has a strong presence in the Carribean.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beautiful Dark Skinned Women (thread Dedication.) / Alaafin of Oyo's Wife, Queen Abbey, Celebrates Her Birthday (Photos) / Oluwo Of Iwo All Swagged Up, Says "I Got The Right Dose Of Swags"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.