Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,018 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? (249713 Views)

Electricity Workers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Salary In Lagos (Photos) / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / Salary In The Nigerian Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by qeemus: 8:31am On Aug 05, 2007
, nobody has said anything about the aviation industry.i think the top 4 ideginous airlines{aero contractors,virgin nigeria,bellview and arik)pay 80k-125k for freshers, others pay less while foreign airlines will only employ u as a contract staff,thereby paying u peanuts,
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by MT: 11:55am On Aug 05, 2007
@geemus

A friend working as a cabin crew in virgin nigeria told me he got like 300k per month (plus his allowances). So, someone must be getting the figure wrong.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Seun(m): 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2007
How can freshers earn so much?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by qeemus: 8:45pm On Oct 12, 2007
yeah they do, i think i'm in the right position to know
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by toyboy1(m): 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2007
@MT
hey, no where in naija do cabin crew earn dat much.
aside pilots and flight engineers, others in the aviation sector earn btw 60k - 95k/ month for freshers.
my cousin works for arik airline, one of the newest entrant in nigerian aviation sector.
so u dont know jack about wat obtains there
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by akadang: 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2007
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by MT: 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2007

@Toy boy
so u don't know jack about what obtains there

I wonder why people like to be aggressive on a public forum instead  to read between the lines.
I wrote that "my friend told me" , at no point did I claim that I verified. So, Mr Know-All, it would be nice to be choosy in the kind of language you use. Thank you.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by qeemus: 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2007
well ur friend might be right, on internationl routs,crew collect around 50 dollars per flight,local is a bit less.so count the number of flights in a month and add that to the main salary
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Bblak(f): 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2007
At least 2m Naira per annum for starters. cool tongue
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2007
it depends on where u work. banks dont pay, oil firms ok cos of benefits, consulting firms are like banks, telcos are not different.
The International Agencies's pay are ok cos they dont really do anything.

Entry level should be around 2.5 in 9ja taking the average of all sectors

PS: no cabin crew earn 300k monthly. My friend flies with Virgin to London and he doesnt earn this.

I heard NLNG's pay is the highest(so i heard). Asked one of those guys and he wouldnt disclose what he earns. I even heard if ure in Bonny, you'll earn more than the Lagos people. Dont know how far thats true.
Run to NLNG if you wanna work. Chikena.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by aeliezer(m): 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2007
Hey guys, good stuff of all the information being provided about salaries in Nigeria. You never how valuable these information could be until you need such.

I have been using www.payscale.com for salary info on where I am currently residing and it has proved to be a very useful tool in obtaining current salary reports for major industries. It also covers Nigeria but not much information is available since I want to believe that the site are yet to attract  much of professionals from Nigeria providing such information about the industry they work in.

So, kindly spread the word amongst your friends to complete a short survey on salaries in the industry they work in and as such we can have a tool we can all reference for such issues when needed.

Thank you.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Lady2(f): 10:18pm On Jan 23, 2008
We don't have a lot of such "chances"in nigeria and things are not that transparent as you wish. iN america someone can get fired today and get another job tomorrow, nigeria hmm it might take connection even if u qualify, that is my point. good luck anyways.

Please abeg direct me to the America you're talking about, so I can direct people to it, because a lot of people haven't found it. I know a lot of workers who haven't found a job in almost 2 years. Abeg tell me. NONSENSE!!!

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Ndipe(m): 5:13am On Apr 02, 2008
Lady, it depends on your specialty. If you are a nurse, and are fired today, chances of landing a job soon (like under a month) is feasible). As for getting a job a day after being fired, nna, that's a tall order. Have you factored in the interview process and all that?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by chubistone: 10:55am On Apr 02, 2008
@kenflavor, you're very right. Thats exactly the price scale. most banks dont pay as much people think.
Just few of them pay above N140.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by ola4u2nv1: 2:24am On May 23, 2008
Hi guys, I just an offer from Honeywell Group (one of Nigeria's leading private indigenous conglomerates): 120k before confirmation and 150k after confirmation at entry-level. Do you think this is a decent offer or should I keep looking elsewhere?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by abujabooks(f): 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2008
8Million per year.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Galactic: 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2008
Hello Everybody,

I'm from Belgium, and for school I'm doing a study on wages around the world. I have found most information, but I'm still short on some information about one country I picked, wich is Nigeria  smiley

My question is. What would a normally skilled worker (example, gone to school till 16, age 22, factory worker) earn in industry (food processing, manufacturing and that kind of stuff) per hour and per month?

I hope someone can answer my question.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by GoldCircle: 12:05am On Aug 13, 2008
Hi Galactic!

Welcome to Nairaland! if I get your question right, you are referring to an unskilled worker right?

well, it varies. I know the average unskilled worker in Lagos earns between N2000 to N3,500 a day depending on the industry, location and the kind of job involved. the oil & gas sectors pay far higher than this.anyway! hope this helps?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Arctic(m): 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2008
Does anyone know how much the senior people employees in Nigeria earn?

For example Bank Managers, Senior Executives in firms, and Senior staff in the Oil and Gas sector?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Galactic: 10:48am On Aug 14, 2008
Hello GoldCircle

So it would be 2.000 in let's say food industry, and 3.500 in oil industry?

And yes your information is very usefull, thanks smiley

How long is a working day for an unskilled worker by the way, I think it is 10 hours, am I correct?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by LAXIST(m): 5:42am On Aug 15, 2008
@emtiem G.
I really gbadun ur comment. U hve said it all, grin
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by kamdoon: 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2009
well i think a good salary is that which maintains the lifestyle you choose to live. While on it,can anyone tell me how much EFCC , SEC and NDIC are offering for fresh graduates? please!
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by skfa1: 11:47am On Mar 10, 2009
Pls guys, how much can i earn as a starter working as a cabin crew in Nigeria?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by cfranky: 8:20pm On May 11, 2009
100k per month is a good salary
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by dejstahl: 12:43am On May 13, 2009
I believe that the word "good" makes this question impossible to answer. What is good for the man with a one-bedroom-flat as his goal cannot even nearly be sufficient for the man with a six-bedroom-detached duplex with completely marbled floors in VGC as his dream house.

The verdict, DO NOT IMPOSE WHAT YOU FEEL IS GOOD FOR HIM. Just give him the figures and the exchange rates and let him do the math. Also, its a fact that the cost of living over "here" is not the same as what obtains "there" so lets say that shaves off about 30% of the living cost (from over there)

Then if theres anything i have learnt in my lifetime, its that a salary can NEVER be enough (even if you work in NLNG) Initially, the euphoria is there, then after like 2,3 months, the "drug" wears off and you need a Bigger "fix"

Theres always someone out there thats earning 10 times your salary (Believe me!) angry
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by JO12: 10:28am On May 31, 2009
Hi everyone am quite new here, I saw this sit and am now into it as the topics here are rather interesting.
I will like to ask if anyone knows if having an overseas I.T degree e.g. UK’s or the U.S will make any different to the salary if one was to work in nigeria. Thanks smiley
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by AjaraEwuro: 10:33am On May 31, 2009
JO 101
Why not start another topic, its better that way.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by JO12: 11:25am On May 31, 2009
@ AjaraEwuro, hi thats not a bad idea, just that i would have like to have an answer to the question i asked really.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by AjaraEwuro: 5:14pm On May 31, 2009
@Jo

of course it will.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by junijustin: 1:38am On Jun 02, 2009
I think the answer to the thread question depends partly on the Nigerian city, 100K per month in Abuja and 100K per month in Enugu or some other state are not the same thing because the cost of living in Abuja is higher. a lower than average salary in a modest city in terms of cost of living in some cases will go further than a much higher salary in a city with higher cost of living.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Supercharg: 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2009
depends
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by aieromon(m): 10:16pm On Jun 02, 2009
Anyone earning less than 150k in lagos is a poor man.
Believe me,i know this cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017