Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From (47197 Views)

5 Tips For Older Job Seekers Facing Discrimination / Age Discrimination By Employers In The Job Market / Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by pulsa(m): 4:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
LightYearss:
Abi. Most of these businesses that dont deal with ppl on merit usually fold up at the end of the day due to lack of good hands. OP a good firm will give you job, forget all these nonsense ppl

what if the op is not qualified for such a job
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by pulsa(m): 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
nnokwa042:
see ur excuse so if founder of Dell computers or ford car or hp or CNN says I want only white people u will cry racism, black man with black thinking
did they discriminate based on ethnicity or institution?.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by mandarin: 4:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:
Well the discrimination ain't fair. But as an alumnus of FUTA I can beat my chest for 95% of our graduates. They are seasoned and quite intelligent and well exposed to the critical aspects of their respective courses and even much more.

Every student in FUTA takes one computer programming course, engineering drawing, agriculture, philosophy & logic... tell me why suh a student won't be well-rounded??

Yes I have said it that FUTA is one of the best in Nigeria. There would be dullards as well but looking at the school quality, I think it will be right thinking. I have worked with and studied beside their products and can attest to their quality, may be I haven'y met the dull ones. For example, I have a cousin who now work with an oil company in the USA, a guy that worked briefly with us as well, went for his master program in the UK came out as the best and work with Zenith Bank( don't know if he's still there), a claasmate in an executive program at Unilag with 4.11/5, in short, that school is a school you can trust. Another school is FUNNAB, even its female students are good including those ones you may be tempted to think they are from fashion schools. Of course Convenant is one of the best in Nigeria lately while its normal to take those ivy-leagues such as Unilag( Leads in anything business alongside OAU and its products dominate the Insurance/Financial Sector alongside OAU) ,UI but I must confess, there are good products from every school as so its important a fair assessment be done to all screened candidates.
The truth is that most organizations descriminate just that it is not usually openly advertised, its the truth all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
Even though I graduated from one of the schools mentioned above but, this is nonsense.
NEPOTISM!

1 Like

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by truthspeaks: 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2016
Dd u read wat I wrote @ all? Whr z d chest-beating or who is talkin abt violent killing? My point is such discrimination shldnt be encouraged in a country whr ethnicity is a sensitive issue. Me no knw whr dis ur gist de com from. undecided undecided
0YorubaParapo0:

That firm better be located in the SE, because should una start, una business will just pafuka in the SW.

Instead of chestbeating or violent killing, Yorubas will hit back economically. The best type of war is an economical one. We've drawn the line. Biafra loading.....
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Bhayomi(m): 4:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Ofcourse Total filling Station will employ UNIBEN graduates..

Somebody has to sweep the filling station everyday before the start work.. grin

Your comments got me laughing grin
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Bhayomi(m): 4:53pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Ofcourse Total filling Station will employ UNIBEN graduates..

Somebody has to sweep the filling station everyday before the start work.. grin

Your comments got me laughing grin grin
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Umamman(m): 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
Dt is oduduwa for u!
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
Bhayomi:

Your comments got me laughing grin grin

sagaciousblog:
trying hard to be funny when you are not...i can as well assure you that no Uniben graduate will work for a madcow like you.. So keep your poultry work for your fidus achates.

Sagawarrevas.. You see.. I was funny afterall.. grin grin

I guess my humor is too complex for UNIBEN grads to comprehends.. grin
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by XaintJoel20: 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:
No UNIBEN... Not Surprised..

Even in my Poultry, I will not employ anybody that even lived near UNIBEN talkless of schooling there. angry
I can smell you grievance with Uniben. It appears you applied to study in that prestigious ivory tower and citadel of learning and was rejected because you failed woefully and couldn't get the cut-off mark. That is not enough reason to hate Uniben.
Go and study harder, who knows, you might make it on your 53rd attempt...
Better luck next time...

2 Likes

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Blackops(m): 5:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
#TeamOAU a da ni.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Even in my Poultry, I will not employ anybody that even lived near UNIBEN talkless of schooling there. angry
Is that your alma?
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Hemanwel(m): 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2016
Sirlancelot:
had not has,what bout that?Nobody is perfect!
Bro, 'HAD' is always used in a Past Perfect Tense situation to indicate that an action took place before another in the past.E.g,
1.They had finished fighting before the Police arrived.
2. Before the Supervisor walked in,the Lab attendant had worked hard.
3. When she had concluded her routine chores,she slept off.

Now,in my own case,tell me why I should use 'had' and not 'has'.School me.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2016
XaintJoel20:

I can smell you greviance with Uniben. It appears you applied to study in that prestigious ivory tower and citadel of learning and was rejected because you failed woefully and couldn't get the cut-off mark. That is not enough reason to hate Uniben.
Go and study harder, who knows, you might make it on your 53rd attempt...
Better luck next time...

Hahahhahahahahahahaaaaa..

Hey Idi, this Joel guy just described UNIBEN with the adjective "Prestigious"..

2 Likes

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 5:06pm On Apr 01, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Is that your alma?

Call me Mad, call me foolish, call me a fool, but dont you ever in your life associate me with UNIBEN again or else.. angry
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by XaintJoel20: 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

It is not funny...
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 5:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
XaintJoel20:

It is not funny...

Tell that to Idi.. grin
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by XaintJoel20: 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Tell that to Idi.. grin
Who is "Idi"
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 5:18pm On Apr 01, 2016
XaintJoel20:

Who is "Idi"

Did you really just ask that? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are you a Uniben Alumni?
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by christinie(f): 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2016
Thank God UNILAG is there.

StevensJojo:
Heartbreaking- Another Form Of Job Discrimination Emerges

Today I came across another form of discrimination on a job site
Take a look at this.

“We love those who went to School in Nigeria, and we especially love people from the University of Ibadan, FUTA, Akure, Convenant University, Babcock University, the University of Lagos and the Obafemi Awolowo University.”

So basically, if you did not go to one of these schools, you have been subtly informed not to apply?
Wow.
http://manly.ng/another-form-of-job-discrimination-emerges/
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Call me Mad, call me foolish, call me a fool, but dont you ever in your life associate me with UNIBEN again or else.. angry
Lmao.
What happened biko?
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
nnokwa042:
see ur excuse so if founder of Dell computers or ford car or hp or CNN says I want only white people u will cry racism, black man with black thinking
Mor0n with brain the size of a groundnut, how did you miss this part of my post?
Although I agree with you that this act should be frowned upon......
it's not morally right to discriminate on people on whatever basis, but hey it is not a fair world. You can't dictate to employers on who and who not to employ as long as they are still the one footing the bill.
By the way, your racism analogy is plain bullshit. Racial discrimination is generally frowned on all over the world and considered a criminal offence. It is different from the instances I gave.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by XaintJoel20: 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Did you really just ask that? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are you a Uniben Alumni?
Uniben my Alma Mater
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 5:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
XaintJoel20:

Uniben my Alma Mater

I'm Sorry Bro.. Take Heart.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
LastMumu:
Mor0n with brain the size of a groundnut, how did you miss this part of my post?
it's not morally right to discriminate on people on whatever basis, but hey it is not a fair world. You can't dictate to employers on who and who not to employ as long as they are still the one footing the bill.
By the way, your racism analogy is plain bullshit. Racial discrimination is generally frowned on all over the world and considered a criminal offence. It is different from the instances I gave.

Bro Mumu

Ignore that Nigga hommie.

Cant you see you are chatting with a reeetard?
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Hilarious! Would you care to tell me your obsession with UNIBEN? I'm not holding brief for UNIBEN , I am just curious.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Standing5(m): 5:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
herbie27:
this has to do with individuals and not schools, so don't blame the university for one person's stupidity.
one of the reasons i will advice against employing Uniben grad is that they generalize and stereotype against others the way you just adviced me not to. Another reason which is key is gross imcompetence.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Sirlancelot(m): 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2016
[quote author=Hemanwel post=44317872]Bro, 'HAD' is always used in a Past Perfect Tense situation to indicate that an action took place before another in the past.E.g,
1.They had finished fighting before the Police arrived.
2. Before the Supervisor walked in,the Lab attendant had worked hard.
3. When she had concluded routine chores,she slept off.

Now,in my own case,tell me why I should use 'had' and not 'has'.School me.
[/quote Just as you typed,has, on the other hand,is a third person singular indicative of have!If the action you earlier assumed was in the past,why relating it to the present?I am not Eng Major,but I have Bsc Pols science from the UI.Peace bro,just curious.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by poseidon12: 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2016
omofunaab:
I don't see this as discrimination ..it is about standard.. .

Standard? In Nigeria? Give me a break. I don't really see any difference between the major federal universities in Nigeria.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Drdonzeez(m): 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

This madcow must be a dullard for him not to have gotten admission in Uniben. Atleast,they could have helped you with one education course.

A nice firm will never sideline Uniben.This is a typical owambe firm'

1 Like

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by poseidon12: 6:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
truthspeaks:
Ok but wen they r lookin for customers/clients, they shld do so wit those dat originated frm those institutions alone. And I only observed dat d skuls preferred r only of d SW. So no beta institutions exist in other regions? Aftr, d same firm will say they employers of equal opportunities. Does dis not further deepen d distrust among tribes in d country? Soon a firm will say they only wnt graduates frm SE institutions, guess who started it 1st?

It would be nice to know the name of the firm so some of us can avoid patronizing them to teach them a lesson.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
Drdonzeez:
This madcow must be a dullard for him not to have gotten admission in Uniben. Atleast,they could have helped you with one education course.

A nice firm will never sideline Uniben.This is a typical owambe firm'

Bro..

UNIBEN is ranked lower than my Alma Mata in Africa... Think about that when next you think of calling me a dullard. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Edo State Civil Service Recruitment. / Accion Microfinance Bank Invitation / How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.