Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (896794 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (405) (Go Down)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:48am On Apr 01, 2016
justwise:
Welcome to part 4 of this thread, part 3 is now far too for newbies to read through.

Please see part 3 here for references https://www.nairaland.com/2655925/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures

Visit this website for hospitals, pricing and Financial Information http://hcahealthcare.com/pricing-financing/

Tips For Birthing in the USA

1. If you already have a B visa, you are advised to write a Notification/Change of Intent email to the embassy(If you declared your intent to give birth in USA during the visa interview then you don't need to send a letter to the embassy) but if you have withheld this info during the visa interview then letter of intent is not a shortcut.

Use these addresses
LagosNIV@state.gov and /or
Consularabuja@state.gov

This correspondence and the reply is carried by the traveler to the point of entry (POE)
*For the format of the said letter, kindly use the search button on top or below this page and key in the key words. You will have to search until you see the info which has been posted by several users.

2. If you do not have a visa, apply for a B1/B2 Medical visa. Go with evidence to show that you have a hospital,doctor and funds to cover accommodation, medical treatment and any other incidences. (This is popularly referred to as' Burden of proof' on this thread). You may go with the complete cash for your stay. This is preferable but not a must too prove you are capable of paying your bills and provide a smoother poe experience.
For more details , use the search button and follow the already highlighted step for search.
* Both successful and unsuccessful visa applicants have posted their transcripts. It will be of great benefit to you to go through the thread and learn. Nobody will repost for you again.

3.The decision on a choice of hospital is dependent on several factors. Cost of treatment I.e hospital, doctor's fees, epidural, NICU etc with cost of accommodation and Flight to your final destination .

Use the search button to search for locations visited and used by previous mothers. This is a Do it yourself thread and it is only courteous to search out info already freely posted for future users and not ask people to repost again.

4. At the POE, you are expected to go with your burden of proof and be well prepared to answer questions to avoid deportation. Note : It is not a crime to birth in the US. It is a crime however if you conceal this fact from your visa officer (VO) or Customs and Border Protection (CBP). This act is considered misrepresentation and can result in deportation and cancellation of visa and sometimes a ban.

5. After birthing. Kindly pay ALL your bills and ALL your baby/ies' bills. Do not accept medicaid. Although your Child acquires automatic citizenship, it is presumed you were not allowed on the shores of America to add to their financial/Tax burdens.

6. After birthing , you follow the steps for getting a US passport, Nigerian passport/Visa /Travel documents for your child.
If your child's travel document is his international passport, you require a dual way ticket.

EMERGENCY TRAVEL DOCUMENT (ETC)

1. Cost - $270 plus $20 for post office or $30 for FedEx

2. Send the following supporting documents:

- 2 passport photos of baby.
- Copy of parent's Nig. passports (data page)
- Birth certificate (copy)
- Itinerary and Letter of consent for ETC.

and address it to:
The Consular Officer, Embassy of Nigeria,
Washington DC 20008

You can use this Sample Letter but please edit it to make it yours

Dear Sir/Madam
We the parents of ...wish to apply for Emergency Travel Certificate for him/her to enable us take him to Nigeria. Due to logistics reasons we are unable to process a Nig passport at this time. Thank you for your assistance.
Yours truly, (sign and also write your full name. Spouse to sign too).

Thank you.

38 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TLKMama: 8:06am On Apr 01, 2016
And that is how I am the first one here! Gimme dollars!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Apple19: 8:08am On Apr 01, 2016
Yipeee! Part 4already cool so happy to be part of this moving ever informative thread. Let's do it again. Cos I shall be ready for another journey before this thread reaches half cheesy grin #coversfaceandruns ;Douttathread tongue#

@ the poster above me...why you chance me naa...Na my phone off o. Anyways, am still qualified for "Sir" Justwise's Prize sha cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MosakuAW(m): 8:12am On Apr 01, 2016
Cool. Nice one

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TLKMama: 8:15am On Apr 01, 2016
Don't worry. Ama share my dollars from Justwise with you. Looool!

Apple19:
Yipeee! Part 4already cool so happy to be part of this moving ever informative thread. Let's do it again. Cos I shall be ready for another journey before this thread reaches half cheesy grin #coversfaceandruns ;Douttathread tongue#

@ the poster above me...why you chance me naa...Na my phone off o. Anyways, am still qualified for "Sir" Justwise's Prize sha cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dj4wealth: 8:17am On Apr 01, 2016
Good Job Team.

God bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:27am On Apr 01, 2016
TLKMama:
Don't worry. Ama share my dollars from Justwise with you. Looool!

I don't share $s, just £s

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TLKMama: 8:30am On Apr 01, 2016
Sir Justwise. I shall take the £. Even better sef!

justwise:

I don't share $s, just £s
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 8:42am On Apr 01, 2016
Part 4!!! This ministry is really moving forward! Congrats to all the new mamas dat just had their babies and good luck to those yet to embark on their journey! Welcome to all the newbies and big thumbs up to all that keep this thread alive kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:51am On Apr 01, 2016
TLKMama:
Sir Justwise. I shall take the £. Even better sef!

No worries, will remember you when i start distributing pregnant envelops. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by brokewaist(f): 9:09am On Apr 01, 2016
Followed part 1, part 2, part 3 and now part 4. I must deliver at least two kids before this thread reach part 5, Trump or no Trump

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by prolify: 9:26am On Apr 01, 2016
Yay!!!!Started from the first thread now am here... grin.Happy new month my peoples cheesy
@bisoye82 how are baby adorables doing?please blow baby dust to me cos i want twins aswell,i like that name iya ibeji grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jossy404: 9:35am On Apr 01, 2016
grin dancing shoki in part 4.........
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutie333: 10:01am On Apr 01, 2016
@ ify4charm for northside hospital atlanta
epidural 1300 for viginal delivery, for planned c-section its 1500 but both has a 20% discount.
enjoy your day everyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cinakin: 10:29am On Apr 01, 2016
*catwalking in*flips hair* Mama U.R here.... grin God bless the people keeping this thread alive. Justwise, more grease to your elbow, my highest ranking Lady G, I am not a newbie again oh, I go soon turn expert, lol! God bless your kind heart. kiss To the rest of the mamas and papas, God bless your hustles and homes with happiness and "flenty" money. Chop E-hugs grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mulberry: 10:34am On Apr 01, 2016
Happy new month moms and dads! Glad and proud to be part of wonderful forum. Wishing us succesful missionary journeys now and in the future!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mulberry: 10:35am On Apr 01, 2016
cinakin:
*catwalking in*flips hair* Mama U.R here.... grin God bless the people keeping this thread alive. Justwise, more grease to your elbow, my highest ranking Lady G, I am not a newbie again oh, I go soon turn expert, lol! God bless your kind heart. kiss To the rest of the mamas and papas, God bless your hustles and homes with happiness and "flenty" money. Chop E-hugs grin

Madam, i still dey wait for my american puff puff oh!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 10:42am On Apr 01, 2016
Part 4 already? shocked shocked shocked and Happy New month peeps
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by anonymousmum: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2016
Marking present grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cinakin: 10:57am On Apr 01, 2016
Lool! Oya take grin specially made for you.
mulberry:

Madam, i still dey wait for my american puff puff oh!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 12:06pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hmmmm! Na so bus go take lef person o! God forbid! I also mark present!
Wait O! So we go dey tell people now to read parts 1-4 ?
Chai see homework for houston cbps o! I wonder if they too don codedly mark their own present? shocked cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
@ChicMalkia

I'm sorry i have to remove your last post because this is not the appropriate place for it.

Start a thread in religion section for that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Top9jajamz: 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
I must something here!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oluphilip2008(f): 1:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
Happy new month to this wonderful family. I'm relatively new on this platform, though I joined the in January, but been busy reading all the threads. And I must say I've learned a whole lot. Thanks to all the selfless people who have rendered their help to others in the Form of experience sharing, advice, and giving relevant info on this platform. God bless you all. I decided to be an active part of the new thread God helping me. I'm an August mum heading to Flint, Michigan in July. I hope to keep the house posted.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mom4ever: 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2016
cinakin:
Lool! Oya take grin specially made for you.

I don collect the puff puff before mulberry go appear. Soooo tasty. Yummyyyy!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Beryl15: 1:39pm On Apr 01, 2016
Lemme too follow and mark present grin happy new month.
What if this part 4 Na April fool grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Able15: 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
OMG part 4 already!

While am still trying to catch up.....

congrats to new mums and babies, successful poe's.... we give God glory.

@Lady G,
i commend your effort, well done.

@girlloom,
its quite a pity on your issue, anyways,we seems to have a similar story...not exactly though.

my in laws played a first one on me too.

on the exact day i will be leaving for Naija, the wife asked me to give her my sons's SSN so she can open an account for him, that she normally does that for her children for future purposes and afterwards i and my Dh should be crediting the account. so she open the account and returned with some documents and handed them over to me.

i was happy at her kind gesture and thanked her, not knowing she had a plan...

meanwhile, this same woman told me not to give the no to anyone that it is highly confidential.

when i traveled to the US few months back(different state), i decided to check on the account, deposit some money and open an account for my LO.

i discovered the woman open the account in such a way that she and my child(when he is 18) will be the only one that will have access to the account. i and my Dh can only credit the account and nothing more.(so strange)

the bank said i can only have access to the account if she adds my name...

the bank explained that there is a monthly debit that occurs from the woman's personal account to my child's account.(such generosity is really hard to come by this days)

it was at this point i realized that there is 95% confidence interval that she is most likely using the no for tax claims. efforts to get the bank to close the account proved abortive.

so i went to ssn office to check if there is any fraud going on with my child's ssn no, but they said everything is ok. further dive into the issue, i was made to understand that the woman opened the account so as to claim responsibility of the child and make tax claims easier.

so i decided to discuss the issue with my Dh and possibly get him to confront them since they are his relative

but to my greatest surprise Dh said he does not want to be involved,that i should notify IRS immediately and log in my complain. so i told him that the implication will be disastrous, that i suggest we thread carefully but Dh turned down my idea, owing to the fact that they should have considered the criminal implication.

honestly, my conscience wont let me do as advised by Dh and i wont want to confront them either. besides, if kartakarta bursts, the family(inlaws) will point a finger at me.

but on the other hand, what about my child's future?

i decided to narrate this story, so others will be alert and learn.

@justwise,
can blocking my child's ssn help? if yes, how.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lilyijitola(f): 1:48pm On Apr 01, 2016
ok na.... part 4 lets go there cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by anonymousmum: 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
Able15:
OMG part 4 already!

honestly, my conscience wont let me do as advised by Dh and i wont want to confront them either. besides, if kartakarta bursts, the family(inlaws) will point a finger at me.
@justwise,

The truth is that I don't believe any fraud has been committed...yet.

Opening an account is not a crime. When (and If...) it is used illegally, then you have an issue.

For now it's all red flags (i.e the type of account she opened etc). There is no crime yet.

However I support your DH's stand, very pro active. but it may be premautre.

What you can do is tell the SSN office that you think the number has been compromised, and the SSN should be put on a watch list.. That way you are exonerated in the event of any yawa. Keep all correspondence with the IRS safe, as evidence later in the event of any issues.

In addition, you can get your husband to casually mention to your in law that the SSN may be compromised, that "someone" saw the SSN, and you have reported to the IRS so that "no one" does anything funny with the number.

That way she is informed (with style), and does not attempt to do anything funny

You can also ask her that you don't want the account again. Escalate at the bank if you have to. Is it not your child?

It's not easy. All the best. Wisdom is best to direct.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Amother4life: 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
Able15:
OMG part 4 already!

@Lady G,
i commend your effort, well done.

@girlloom,
its quite a pity on your issue, anyways,we seems to have a similar story...not exactly though.

my in laws played a first one on me too.

on the exact day i will be leaving for Naija, the wife asked me to give her my sons's SSN so she can open an account for him, that she normally does that for her children for future purposes and afterwards i and my Dh should be crediting the account. so she open the account and returned with some documents and handed them over to me.

i was happy at her kind gesture and thanked her, not knowing she had a plan...

meanwhile, this same woman told me not to give the no to anyone that it is highly confidential.

when i traveled to the US few months back(different state), i decided to check on the account, deposit some money and open an account for my LO.

i discovered the woman open the account in such a way that she and my child(when he is 18) will be the only one that will have access to the account. i and my Dh can only credit the account and nothing more.(so strange)

the bank said i can only have access to the account if she adds my name...

the bank explained that there is a monthly debit that occurs from the woman's personal account to my child's account.(such generosity is really hard to come by this days)

it was at this point i realized that there is 95% confidence interval that she is most likely using the no for tax claims. efforts to get the bank to close the account proved abortive.

so i went to ssn office to check if there is any fraud going on with my child's ssn no, but they said everything is ok. further dive into the issue, i was made to understand that the woman opened the account so as to claim responsibility of the child and make tax claims easier.

so i decided to discuss the issue with my Dh and possibly get him to confront them since they are his relative

but to my greatest surprise Dh said he does not want to be involved,that i should notify IRS immediately and log in my complain. so i told him that the implication will be disastrous, that i suggest we thread carefully but Dh turned down my idea, owing to the fact that they should have considered the criminal implication.

@justwise,

All you have to do is request that she close the account. You don't need to open an account to claim anyone on your taxes either. So,she didn't need to go through all that . Call the lady and share your concern after all she isn't a spirit. If you can't call send a polite email.

You can choose to block electronic access to your Social Security record. When you do this, no one, including you, will be able to see or change your personal information on the Internet or through our automated telephone service. You may want to block your information if you

have been the victim of domestic violence;
have been the victim of identify theft; or
have any reason you do not want your record to be available.
If you block access to your record and then change your mind in the future, you can contact Social Security and ask us to unblock it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.