Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897801 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MrYagi: 8:09pm On May 27, 2016
Ejoor oooo.
sequel to the quoted post...Is it possible for a mama to process a texas Id card for the purpose of collecting the babies BC?
DW tried the hospital bill thingy but it didn't work out.
Please people any other option of getting the babies BC without stress?

MrYagi:
i hail ooo.
please anyone here had issues collecting babies BC with just international passport as means of identification,
DW was told to bring another source of identification such as drivers license in addition to the int. passport she presented
in houston.unfortunately her passport and visa are the only means of identification with her.
Can someone with experience on this issue show me a way forward?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by wolefola: 8:18pm On May 27, 2016
@sapphirekings,pls aw did u do it with airfrance.I called the same number but quote am getting is over $300,am so confused.Pls help a sister
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 8:25pm On May 27, 2016
I didn't really gbadun my trip with airfrance cos the leg room was small n the meal wasn't the best. Going tru Qatar or Emirates during my next trip 4 delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Zumabeezle: 8:36pm On May 27, 2016
sapphirekings:

Yes, that is the number.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 8:57pm On May 27, 2016
Msp:
hi, can he wait till the baby is born? you can notarize in ups or fedex for a fee, or if he has a us bank account i think he can get it notarized in the bank.

Thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 9:20pm On May 27, 2016
My take on the United airlines issue.
Why not start processing refund then book emirate or any airline still going

At least u have to travel out or back to Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 10:18pm On May 27, 2016
[quote author=chikos post=46004783][/quote] am interested too in the notarized consent letter..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gusfy823: 11:46pm On May 27, 2016
[quote author=MrYagi post=46030613]Ejoor oooo.
sequel to the quoted post...Is it possible for a mama to process a texas Id card

She can use her Nigerian drivers license in addition to the passport. What county is that? The main office at 8000 N stadium Dr accepted only my int'l passport and they give the full form unlike the short forms given at the county court house. It's still same fee of 23 usd.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by osat82(f): 11:48pm On May 27, 2016
hello everyone

please i need information about how to go about getting birth certificate and American passport for my baby in houston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tbash16: 12:17am On May 28, 2016
Funny question. lol.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 1:32am On May 28, 2016
DrPrincess:

I think it depends on d poe n d person checking. My noodles were collected at atl cos he (at agriculture check) said even though it ws nt written on d pack, it ws part of d ingredients. I ws so shocked, n he went ahead to show me chicken written as part of d ingredients.

Yes I think it depends, mum got through with them scanning the bags and nothing was seized.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 1:36am On May 28, 2016
ifax:
Indomie onion CHICKEN flavor

My exact thoughts when my sister snapped the carton and I saw onion chicken, same chicken issue! I just told them to buy it but she had no issues with it, thank God.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 1:57am On May 28, 2016
telias:

I'd actually advise oriental flavour (very nice) cos onion flavour is still onion-chicken. My colleague's own was seized. But the thing is quite scarce. You'll find at Spar in Lagos or any online store line supermartng and co

Thank you....my sister too said there was some other flavour but checked 3 stores and none had it, but thank God no issues with the onion.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 2:01am On May 28, 2016
Awwww....u just made me smile, God bless u too dear. We are all here to help another. May urs be smoother than this in Jesus name.

tonjub:
Waoooh! Am so happy for you. Good things always happen to good people. I don't know you from Adam neither have I seen you before but the way you were so passionate about my matter made me believe that Angels still exist. Your delivery and ur stay testimony will surpass this one. Amen.
My people....

Was actually waiting for my mum's interview today before sharing both her interview experience and my POE rundown .

Myself,hubby,son and long belle left Lagos at 35weeks+! Via Lagos-Frankfurt-Newark-Houston. Was asked for fit to fly .Had very good seat, nice leg space and empty seats behind me, so I had a row to myself, Hostesses were really nice n friendly and really made me comfortable.
I also requested for wheel chair (it made all the difference in the world). Thanks to @evemama for the heads up. Which kain 33mins waka be that.
For my burden of proof i had: $8,100 cash, receipt of payment made to the hospital ,Doctor's appointment letter, estimated budget sheet, return ticket, Letter of Introduction from my employer and Maternity leave document from my office portal.
I was wheeled to the CBP , stood up for proper interview and this is my transcript. (He actually saw my lady finger belle and pretended not to) undecided

CBP: You guys are here for vacation?
Hubby and I: No, To have our Baby
CBP: You said vacation?
Me: No, I said to have our baby
CBP: Oh I didn't notice
CBP: How long are you here for?
Me: 7weeks
CBP: You gat some paperwork?
Me: Yes, hands him my medical recs,
CBP: Is this all u've gat?
Hubby quickly whispered receipt n all
Me: Oh I'm sorry.
CBP: Stamps hubby and son in.

(He kept typing and typing and then he says I need to go for secondary inspection to verify my documents)
Me: No problem ( was actually prepared for dis) for my mind...I was like no shaking grin

At secondary inspection, we sat for about 15mins and I was called.
Here's the drama:
Strolled to the CBP lady that called me.
CBP: hi ma'am
Me: Hello
CBP: here are ur docs/passport, hand them over to the security outside the door. Thank you.
Me: lobatan o! I no read dis one for the thread o. Which kain one be dis? I refused to leave her sight. She was already typing on her system.
Me: Excuse me, I was sent here for secondary inspection
CBP: And I've done just that.
Me: (made like 2 steps from there while trying to give hubby d I'm confused/trouble sign). I was whispering to myself...No freaking way mehn....atawewe don make am dis far, fret not Biola. So I went back to her. cry undecided
Me: Sorry Ma'am, I mean ...I was sent here for secondary inspection and u just handed my docs back to me.
CBP: (smiling and in a very polite manner) Ma'am, I have done that...seen ur receipts and all, verified and u r good to go.
Me: (Smiling back) Oh thanks.

So off to agric, I brought in all sorts dried ponmo,frozen palm oil in Sprite plastic bottle, grinded and ungrinded crayfish, prawns, snacks for my son and his drinks, diff types of dried fish,stock fish, grounded melon seed,packs of knorr chicken,set of curry,thyme and pepper,grinded pepper,yams,dried locust beans,oloyin beans,olootu beans,garri,semo..can't rem all sef.

My yams were seized and e pain me die even as I bury dem reach among my clothes.
Immediately when asked if we had yams, my hubby no even allow dem land before he said Yes emphatically.
I was even trying to use my belle to blackmail dem, with cravings and all but dem no yield.

Wheel chairs are advisable if u r transiting thru Frankfurt o. Also think direct flights are better for preggies cos d stopping and entering got to me at the end. But don't blame me I was trying to avoid houston wahala!

Testimony No 2:
My Mum got her visa this morning in Lagos,she went with her burden of proofs but was not checked. As advised by Happytbaby, she requested for interpreter and the VO asked her if she cud try and she said yes.
Was asked Just 2 questions ( where are u going and why). She replied and White paper given to her and Vo is typing, my mama refused to go o, the security guy came and explained to her and she said she wants her passport that how cum dey collected passport from her and gave her just half a paper.
The guy had to explain the whole process to her again.

I'm grateful to all esp my rose model ladyguinivere, Happytbaby, firsttymum, chloe7, evemama, modath,Omodadi2,theleakytribe, Feddy27, bisoye82 and everybody.

May all our journeys be fruitful and smooth and May the good lord crown all our efforts positively.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 2:08am On May 28, 2016
My dear...me too o first week in July sef.

The grammar no sink at all. Me wey don dey plan on how to get my 2 23kg for infant...

Na wa o! Which kain wahala be dis?

evemama:
I don't understand n this whole drama o! Which way nija na? My ticket is united, I don't need all this headache and its for july ending. How I wan take return na.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ify4charm: 5:01am On May 28, 2016
Hi mums, my Lo is 5 weeks old and breaking out on her face. I use sebamed bath soap and cream and ori (Shea butter) for her hair which doesn't really oil her hair as she has really dry hair and scalp. Last Saturday my mum applied my coconut oil on her hair and used d remaining on her hand to moisturise her face. This was done for two days and since then she has tiny reddish pimple like things on her face, even some on d hair. I suspect it's d coconut oil which I stopped immediately after the second day but it hasn't cleared.pls

1. What do I do to make it go?
2. What cream or oil can I apply to her hair as d Shea butter doesn't really moisturize d hair.
3. Recently bought Johnson baby oil but I am so scared to use it on her hair so I don't increase what's already on her face.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by babyspice: 5:22am On May 28, 2016
Hi Ify4charm,
I wouldn't worry too much. Newborns are known to breakout on their face/ scalp area. it will clear out in time. Read this article so it can put your mind at ease. http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a72/spotty-skin I personally wouldnt use johnson's products on your baby's skin now. try Aveeno products.

ify4charm:
Hi mums, my Lo is 5 weeks old and breaking out on her face. I use sebamed bath soap and cream and ori (Shea butter) for her hair which doesn't really oil her hair as she has really dry hair and scalp. Last Saturday my mum applied my coconut oil on her hair and used d remaining on her hand to moisturise her face. This was done for two days and since then she has tiny reddish pimple like things on her face, even some on d hair. I suspect it's d coconut oil which I stopped immediately after the second day but it hasn't cleared.pls

1. What do I do to make it go?
2. What cream or oil can I apply to her hair as d Shea butter doesn't really moisturize d hair.
3. Recently bought Johnson baby oil but I am so scared to use it on her hair so I don't increase what's already on her face.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 5:43am On May 28, 2016
evemama:
I don't understand n this whole drama o! Which way nija na? My ticket is united, I don't need all this headache and its for july ending. How I wan take return na.

Pele dear, that's the situation we have found ourselves in this country. Quickly start your refund process and book another airline.

I also learnt British Airways is planning to leave too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 6:05am On May 28, 2016
I don't blame them but its alsi not my fault na. Price of tickets are so high now especially one way tickets. So when they refund what I paid very early in the yr to me, I now start looking for money to add to buy expensive tickets now! Hmmmm ok

quote author=Nogen post=46038552]

Pele dear, that's the situation we have found ourselves in this country. Quickly start your refund process and book another airline.

I also learnt British Airways is planning to leave too. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:40am On May 28, 2016
The time for us to start considering sea travel Is upon us!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 6:47am On May 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
The time for us to start considering sea travel Is upon us!

It's crazy sis. How we got here is what I don't understand! Will buzz you bow on your whatsapp.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:38am On May 28, 2016
evemama:
I don't blame them but its alsi not my fault na. Price of tickets are so high now especially one way tickets. So when they refund what I paid very early in the yr to me, I now start looking for money to add to buy expensive tickets now! Hmmmm ok

quote author=Nogen post=46038552]

I also learnt British Airways is planning to leave too.

I read their statement its only unused tickets that are to be refunded.

Tickets like yours will be moved ot other airlines in the star alliance eg. Delta Lufthansa so you'll be fine.

Side note....united airlines Houston route was initiated to take advantage of the oil industry links between Texas and Nigeria. They said the route started underperforming 3years ago which coincided with crude oil price drop.
Even in Houston many oil and gas workers have lost jobs. So its a domino effect not because of Nigeria.
Remember United airlines only started flying to Africa because of Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MrYagi: 10:10am On May 28, 2016
Please who is headed for Houston today or this weekend and willing to help me convey DW's ID card to Houston....kindly quote me ejoor.safe trip en avance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by JustHere2Observ(f): 10:47am On May 28, 2016
Thank I didn't book united airline, hubby wanted to but I'm just too in love with emirates. So its emirates this week.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 10:48am On May 28, 2016
So in the spirit of giving back, DH, daughter and I attended our visa interview 2 days ago.. our visas were approved!
Here's the transcript:
Hubby& I: good day
V.O: your passports pls
Why are you going to the US
Me: to have our second baby
V.O: what do you do
Me: I'm a bla bla at bla..
VO to hubby: what do you do ( hubby answers)
To me: how much do you think this trip will cost ?
Me: told him and handed over hospital and doctors correspondence plus budget sheet.
VO: looks over the papers and kept clicking away on the computer for about 2 minutes..
Meanwhile my toddler was yelling the whole time!
V.O.: Your visas have been approved bla bla ( hands me the white paper)
Said thank you and waltzed out mumbling ' thank You Jesus'

Thanks to God and the wonderful people on this thread!
@ biollar1, ladyG, Chloe7, and everyone who responded to my myriad of questions! God bless you all angry
May all our journeys be fruitful and end in praise, Amen!

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 11:54am On May 28, 2016
Momo13 congratulations and have safe birthing trip too kiss

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 1:44pm On May 28, 2016
Good afternoon,NLanders. Pls does anyone know if traveller's cheque is still viable? Thanks all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by powermike9999: 1:52pm On May 28, 2016
God bless u all for sharing very useful info in dis chat room.

Have a US visa for self, wife &2 kids. Got d visa for a holiday/part business in d US which we planned to sincerely go for.

We were supposed to visit france and d US within 1 month but midway into our holiday in france before we could leave for d US, something very urgent came up at my business &i had to rush back wt my family after just a week.

Have gone to d US alone since then for business briefly &i'm back.

Wifey is pregnant now & I want d baby delivered in d US. I intend to write d embassy abt d change of purpose but i have read on a few pages back whr some people re advising against it. I would have wished she goes for a 2 weeks vac before going for d delivery but cos of d exchange rate i cant afford it & all i'm gathering is d money for delivery.

My Question is dat is it advisable dat i write d embassy or not.
Should she just go when she is ready &face d CBP in d US without writing d embassy. Do they cancel visas nowadays when u change d purpose. I have read virtually all d pages on d part 1-4 of dis thread but i need answers based on people's recent experiences.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by candyce(f): 2:40pm On May 28, 2016
powermike9999:

Have a US visa for self, wife &2 kids. Got d visa for a holiday/part business in d US which we planned to sincerely go for.

We were supposed to visit france and d US within 1 month but midway into our holiday in france before we could leave for d US, something very urgent came up at my business &i had to rush back wt my family after just a week.

Wifey is pregnant now & I want d baby delivered in d US. I intend to write d embassy abt d change of purpose but i have read on a few pages back whr some people re advising against it. I would have wished she goes for a 2 weeks vac before going for d delivery but cos of d exchange rate i cant afford it & all i'm gathering is d money for delivery.

Should she just go when she is ready &face d CBP in d US without writing d embassy. Do they cancel visas nowadays when u change d purpose. I have read virtually all d pages on d part 1-4 of dis thread but i need answers based on people's recent experiences.

Thank you.
Eyin people that keep looking for answers to if change of intent is advisable or not, kontinu.
Why not allow your wife serve the purpose of the visa she was given then later apply for visa to give birth. Abi you didn't know she was pregnant before applying for holiday visa? undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:22pm On May 28, 2016
powermike9999:

Thank you.

Was she pregnant when you applied and attend interview for that visa?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by powermike9999: 3:29pm On May 28, 2016
Thanks @candyce. She was 1 week pregnant when we got d visa& we didnt even know.

Her passport shows dat she travelled to France abt d time of the holiday we wanted we only had to come back for unavoidable reasons.

I don't plan to have another child after dis i'm sure by d time she delivers d visa wld still have over a year left on it.

I have used mine & i would have wished she goes for a visit before delivery but d exchange rate has spoilt everything. Has any1s visa been cancelled after writing the embassy for change of purpose? Or if she goes without informing them and pays all d bills is it a bad 1?Pls educate me.Abeg.

Thanks.

candyce:

Eyin people that keep looking for answers to if change of intent is advisable or not, kontinu.
Why not allow your wife serve the purpose of the visa she was given then later apply for visa to give birth. Abi you didn't know she was pregnant before applying for holiday visa? undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 4:05pm On May 28, 2016
powermike9999:
Thanks @candyce. She was 1 week pregnant when we got d visa& we didnt even know.

Her passport shows dat she travelled to France abt d time of the holiday we wanted we only had to come back for unavoidable reasons.

I don't plan to have another child after dis i'm sure by d time she delivers d visa wld still have over a year left on it.

I have used mine & i would have wished she goes for a visit before delivery but d exchange rate has spoilt everything. Has any1s visa been cancelled after writing the embassy for change of purpose? Or if she goes without informing them and pays all d bills is it a bad 1?Pls educate me.Abeg.

Thanks.

Let her go for a vacation in the US and return before using the visa for birthing. Letter of intent has been over abused and the guys at the POEs are not smiling either.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.