Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (896887 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
luckyman23:
please who knows of a good cheap hospital at San Bernardino, California.
University of Nigeria Teaching hospital Enugu/san bernadino

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DrPinky: 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
Please which of the forms do I choose, B1B2 or B2 only, as I will want to have my baby in the US. Thanks as I expect your reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DrPinky: 3:45pm On Jun 30, 2016
I am an expectant mother for the second time,I desire to have my baby in the US. I am in my application process now. I will love to travel with my husband and my 17months old daughter. We are done filling the B1B2 form, but I am a bit confused, cos the b1b2 says tourism and business. Please help, am I to fill the B1B2 form or the B2 only. Please help me out. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by folamingo: 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2016
B2 for you. You might also want to go through the thread from the beginning so you can be well equipped for the interview. I am a testimony...lol

DrPinky:
I am an expectant mother for the second time,I desire to have my baby in the US. I am in my application process now. I will love to travel with my husband and my 17months old daughter. We are done filling the B1B2 form, but I am a bit confused, cos the b1b2 says tourism and business. Please help, am I to fill the B1B2 form or the B2 only. Please help me out. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Really undecided

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
DrPinky:
B1/b2 is perfect.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Lol!!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Vlesparza: 5:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
bouqounmie:
Hi, I'm planning to leave for Elpaso September ending/ first week in Oct.

There are always people in El Paso. When you arrive you will meet them. Some will be arriving at the same time and some will be leaving, the people leaving can give you plenty of info regarding your stay. Happy travels

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DrPinky: 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
At flamingo, link me or please share your testimony with me.I appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by njidekachi: 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
Abeg any mama staying close to houston airport (IAH)? Need urgent help plsss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Vlesparza: 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
chimafranks:

Thank you @firsttymum.

So the bills he sent me are sufficient for my embassy interview.

Please also does paying deposit on Dr's fee increase chances of being given visa?

Its not that simple. It can help or it can also be irrelevant. If the VO was going to deny your VISA because he/she thought you did not have the economic solvency to pay your medical bill, having your services prepaid can certainly help. On the other side, if you prepaid but cannot prove strong ties to your country, you lie on your application, or any requirement OTHER than the medical reason you are going for, the VO can/will deny your Visa REGARDLESS of your prepayment.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2016
This mobile Nairaland will not just let me be great today sha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bouqounmie(f): 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
Thanks. Looking forward to meeting great & lovely people.

Vlesparza:

There are always people in El Paso. When you arrive you will meet them. Some will be arriving at the same time and some will be leaving, the people leaving can give you plenty of info regarding your stay. Happy travels

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CNOROYALCLAN: 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
LadyGuinivere God will bless you for this, in fact the best response is to ignore him/her.
LadyGuinivere:

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nazstra: 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
chimafranks:
Good morning mamas,
I have been reading through the thread and I have rily learnt alot. Thank you all for sharing all the wealthy informations.
Please I need some clarifications. I am still preparing my documents fr embassy, I intend to use Dr. F and I have written him and he replied wt the bills for his services and wen I asked if dt was what I needed for embassy as letter of medical responsibility, i was told yes. Please can someone assist in confirming if they have used this before.
Secondly he also sent bills for the hospitals he s affiliated to stating that the choice of hospital is mine to make, now when I decide on the hospital to use as he said do I need to write the hospital as well before going to the embassy? Do I need a letter from them as well?

Yes I used the letter as he sent it, and it wasnt a problem at all. And no I didn't get an additional letter from the hospital. The quotes from Dr F was all I had.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
Thank you, Ajujuju2
I'm going to NY and I've called to book an appointment, but the date available is too far for me, I don't think they accept walk in, do you know?

Ajujuju2:

Passport office downtown.
However they will only attend to you if u hav a flight in less dan 2wks. Plus u need to book an appointment and go with proof.

Not all states have one, so u will need to goggle your state or the nearest one. Same fees apply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by folamingo: 9:18pm On Jun 30, 2016
Purpose of Trip to the US: Temp. Business Pleasure Visitor (B). Specify: B2 - Tourism/Medical Treatment. So if you didn't pick that, you need to choose that for your application.

DrPinky:
At flamingo, link me or please share your testimony with me.I appreciate.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Popri(f): 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2016
firsttymum:
Fabdevy
Ur post got me all emotional.

But I think u shld b sure.... These Dr's know how to cover their asses.
For the weight of ur baby he shld have been able to pass ur cervix.... So d forceps part confused me.

Cerebral palsy occurs before during or after birth. Pls be sure which one occurred in ur case... And the seizures especially at an early age like that can also cause brain injury .

My advice, get a bad ass lawyer... If u still wanna sue.

@febdevy, your post made me wear my thinking cap in a way I can't even explain
Hmmmmnn...
I second firsty's comment on the weight of your baby and your pelvic bone
We may not be able to give the best advice here but many things should be considered:
Your pregnancy history, how labour and delivery happened cos some pointers could come out from here.. Did you have preeclampsia or PIH? Even your own past medical history is important
Also, what was your baby's APGAR score at birth? What was the indication for use of forceps?
I feel sad about what happened by God will grant you grace to handle every situation and you will come out strong..
You see, I was delivered via forceps in Northern Nigeria (in the 80's) by a consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist and all went fine..I have never had a seizure at any time in my life, my dev milestones were uneventful and I'm fine
Forceps delivery is almost phased out now even in Nigeria except in life threatening situations and it must be done by a trained accoucheur so you also need to know why forceps was used..
A good lawyer will be of help..
Please be strong and courageous
God will see you through..
It is well

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Popri(f): 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
kingovilarge:
Thanks najalady86 for the info. However, i have just two questions to ask. my wife is currently in stockton california . can you please tell me which county St Francis Hospital is located and the full name of Dr M

thanks

Hi,
Sorry for not responding early
I talked to my friend and I got to hear of her birth story too in details today, and from my judgement, I can't refer anyone to that hospital.
She had a scheduled CS and her baby had a big hematoma at birth and she had lots of complains with the nurses in that hospital..
I care so much about reviews hence my decision
Wish you the best in your hospital search
Read up reviews online and make enquiries
It's easier for her as she's there in person
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kingovilarge: 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2016
Thanks for your info Popri i appreciate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fizzone: 11:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
bims87:

I believe you can go ahead and fill your application form so u can get an early interview date. Just make sure the interview date u will choose is after ur wife's interview date.

@bims87.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simplysu: 12:26am On Jul 01, 2016
AdomMum:

Ohh kkk!! Thanks! But do you know if this is same for Abuja airport?

Yes it is.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 12:37am On Jul 01, 2016
Neks31

If you see please book for two. You have my details already. Infact book for two of us then you let me know so I can pay for both of us. You are welcome. Don't mention
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 1:10am On Jul 01, 2016
simplysu:

Yes it is.

Oh kk!! Thanks much!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 1:15am On Jul 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Chaiii ochi atogbuem
Na soso laugh i de laugh.
Same guy who only asks questions and never acknowledges answers.

First twz travelex then it was flights now ts San Bernardino. Nne u r right. Univ of Nig Teaching Hospital Enugu San Bernadino.

This must be an agent!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 1:18am On Jul 01, 2016
MommaT:
Thank you, Ajujuju2
I'm going to NY and I've called to book an appointment, but the date available is too far for me, I don't think they accept walk in, do you know?

They should accept a walk in if you can proove that the date available at booking is too far because of travel date or the need to get a visa on d passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 2:11am On Jul 01, 2016
Justwise where is my post again? This is the second time! what's your problem biko.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Vlesparza: 2:15am On Jul 01, 2016
MommaT:
Thank you, Ajujuju2

Most places in the US do not accept "walk ins". Do yourself a favor and confirm your appointment (BEFORE YOUR TRIP) for the day after you arrive so that your doctor can evaluate your pregnancy after your long trip. You are putting your health is unnecessary risk by not having an appointment upon arrival. Call another doctor and another until you get an appointment. Should you arrive with no appointment and you begin labour or have an emergency before you a doctor sees you, you will be taken to the hospital and your bill will be VERY different from the prices mentioned in this forum because (1) you do not have a doctor (2) you probably dont have a hospital either since each doctor has privileges at specific hospitals and if you dont have a doctor, it means you also dont know where your child will be born. If a hospital package is not paid before you have your baby and are admitted by emergency it is VERY unlikely that you will get the price package for self paying patients.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 4:02am On Jul 01, 2016
Lol thank you but this was asked in respect of passport issuance.

[

quote author=Vlesparza post=47088222]

Most places in the US do not accept "walk ins". Do yourself a favor and confirm your appointment (BEFORE YOUR TRIP) for the day after you arrive so that your doctor can evaluate your pregnancy after your long trip. You are putting your health is unnecessary risk by not having an appointment upon arrival. Call another doctor and another until you get an appointment. Should you arrive with no appointment and you begin labour or have an emergency before you a doctor sees you, you will be taken to the hospital and your bill will be VERY different from the prices mentioned in this forum because (1) you do not have a doctor (2) you probably dont have a hospital either since each doctor has privileges at specific hospitals and if you dont have a doctor, it means you also dont know where your child will be born. If a hospital package is not paid before you have your baby and are admitted by emergency it is VERY unlikely that you will get the price package for self paying patients.
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 4:04am On Jul 01, 2016
Thanks, I'll keep trying to see if any cancellations Open up a nearer date.

Ajujuju2:

They should accept a walk in if you can proove that the date available at booking is too far because of travel date or the need to get a visa on d passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 8:01am On Jul 01, 2016
luckyman23:
please who knows of a good cheap hospital at San Bernardino, California.

You have come again lipsrsealed

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.