Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897688 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 11:30am On Jul 26, 2016
TopeFl is online. Skimming.... grin wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 11:45am On Jul 26, 2016
Enyinne:
Nef, pls can u check any one for me. I adult, I child, I infant.

Return date?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Prettymi20: 12:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
Please ppl which is the best and cheapest sim card to use in the USA?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutie333: 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
newmomma2be:
Dear Mamas,
Gave birth yesterday to a bouncing baby boy @ north side atlanta. Dr V.Andrews is my obgyn but didn't take delivery.
Please I will be back to give my birth story but I need to know about circumcision at north side.

Iinitially I planned to do it in naija since Dr Andrews fee for circumcision is 495 but the nurses here are encouraging me to do it at north side though they claim not to know the cost and the billing department isn't open weekends.

Please any North side mama with boys? Please help.

Also I was asked if I wanted TDap vaccine for myself but I declined it cos I don't know if it is free and they said it wasn't compulsory. Did any north side mama take TDap?

congrats new momma2be, God bless your LO
please lets communicate via email so that we can hook up as am in atlanta now.

Please help urgently. Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by juliet002: 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2016
Beebee12:
when are you travelling?

September ending.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2016
Dwebb55:

Thank you so much Momo13. I will send you a PM with my email so we can relate. Are you staying in Baltimore? If yes, how is the commute to the hospital for your appointments?

I replied your pm. I am staying with family at howard county, Maryland. My sister drives me to Virginia oh. About 40 mins from here without traffic! I dont know about baltimore but public transportation is almost non-existent in this part of Maryland. Use google map to check travel time. Reply my pm tho, so i can email you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2016
This company is based in Dallas. I'm sure there are Atlanta based cargo companies. I just don't know of any. Ask on the thread, maybe?

tablesturn:

Good day YoungMetroG, I sent you a DM as regards the shipping company you used. Please I will like to have their details so I can contact and use them later in the year. Most likely from Atlanta to Abuja. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 1:59pm On Jul 26, 2016
I am returning from a lengthy ban i think. I couldn't log in for days.

In the meantime, i have good news for those travelling in October to return in December. I booked Emirates at 379k earlier but didn't realise that the booking didn't go through so i lost it. I have been looking for cheap tickets since then but none have been available. I happened to log into British Airways website and i saw that my trip in October to Dallas would cost me $1,351. I used GTbank with N340 as rate and bought a BA ticket to Dallas at N467k. I still cannot believe it. All other flights i had seen were $2,000. And the total flight time is 15hrs going and 20hrs returning, not bad. Those tickets are still available for those interested. Please don't PM me about it as i am not a travel agent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ekpotek: 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hi,

Anyone with an idea of a bank where to get BTA? What are the requirement/document needed? Planing to travel in November 2016. Thank you in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
Momo13:

I replied your pm. I am staying with family at howard county, Maryland. My sister drives me to Virginia oh. About 40 mins from here without traffic! I dont know about baltimore but public transportation is almost non-existent in this part of Maryland. Use google map to check travel time. Reply my pm tho, so i can email you.

Thanks. Have you seen my mail?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gurlnext2u: 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
Good day everyone! I stumbled on this particular thread about 2 months ago and I have been a silent reader. Thank you all for the information provided here it has really been helpful. I was able to prepare my "burden of proof". I had my interview this morning at Abuja. This is the transcript.
VO: goodmorning, how are you?
Me: goodmorning, I am fine thanks and you?
VO: great!
VO: passport please
Me: hands over passport, he spent a while staring at the screen
VO: I can see you're going to El Paso, Texas
Me: Yes Sir
VO: Why are you going to Elpaso?
Me: Childbirth
VO: "Nods head and starts typing"
Me: "smile"
VO: Any contact with the doctor or hospital? Any correspondence?
Me: "hands over doctors letter, hospital letter, budget sheet and my bank statement
VO: I can see that your last visa was issued in so so country, what were you doing then?
Me: I was a student then * Mind you after my last visa was issued, I tried to renew it but I was denied, this was in Feb 2014 and I have not reapplied for a U.S. Visa since then*
VO: what did you study?
VO: Medicine
VO: where do you work?
Me: so so hospital
VO: started residency training?
Me: not yet
VO: Married?
Me: yes
VO: number of children?
Me: this is my first pregnancy
VO: who is sponsoring this trip
Me: Husband
VO: what does he do?
Me: I explained everything I knew about my husbands company
VO: looks at bank statement*, any statement from your husbands company or his account
Me: hands over husbands current account statement
VO: just a minute please
Me: ok * at this point I honestly didn't know what he went to do with the statement*
VO: *he returns* Ma'am , your visa has been issued. The hospitals like to make patients accept Medicaid please DO NOT ACCEPT!! Please keep your receipt for future applications
Me: Yes sir! Thank you sir!
VO: smiles and gives me the white sheet, pick up in 2 days
VO: thank you, take care
Me: thank you

I am so happy! God favoured me. I am happy because I had received lots of wrong advices from family members to hide my intention to give birth and apply as a tourist. I insisted I was going to be truthful and if it was Gods will I will be granted. Thank you everyone. Thank God.
VO:

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
nefertitiram:

So me that went there myself to inquire, baby on msly?

The issue is not Nigeria issuing visas on arrival. The issue is will they let the baby fly from US without nigerian documents? Getting the baby on the flight na the koko.
last paragraph is my worry
One of my Sil came back about 5 years ago with a Yankee baby no visa no etc
However when another sil tried it 3 years ago she had to miss her flight unexpectedly because the airlines will not allow it

The big question is will the airline clear the Baby to fly?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by BeckyU: 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hello dears,

My Visa request was denied a week ago and I intend to reapply with my husband and apply for expedite appointment as I am 29 weeks pregnant.

I wish to clarify if it is within our rights to seek the expedite appointment together or just me. He is supposed to join me in the States later if granted Visa.

Appreciate your kind feedback
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
favoredgal:
However when another sil tried it 3 years ago she had to miss her flight unexpectedly because the airlines will not allow it

Back to my question, who will bell the cat? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
XX01:
I am returning from a lengthy ban i think. I couldn't log in for days.

In the meantime, i have good news for those travelling in October to return in December. I booked Emirates at 379k earlier but didn't realise that the booking didn't go through so i lost it. I have been looking for cheap tickets since then but none have been available. I happened to log into British Airways website and i saw that my trip in October to Dallas would cost me $1,351. I used GTbank with N340 as rate and bought a BA ticket to Dallas at N467k. I still cannot believe it. All other flights i had seen were $2,000. And the total flight time is 15hrs going and 20hrs returning, not bad. Those tickets are still available for those interested. Please don't PM me about it as i am not a travel agent.

Well, you may have gotten it cheaper if you were a tard patient. Buying an October tkt in July... #HighSeason

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
Not me Nef,

Especially flying an airline like Arik....my middle name will be 'had I known'

nefertitiram:

Back to my question, who will bell the cat? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
#suspense mode#

Sitting down sipping my precious Lipton waiting for who to bell cat abi na lion!

#thinking of amala and ewedu in my subconscious mind# cool grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2016
nefertitiram:

Well, you may have gotten it cheaper if you were a tard patient. Buying an October tkt in July... #HighSeason

I know but fear no gree me. With the way dollars have been climbing in rates. Also, i want to get PTA before the rates become to high for me.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Enyinne(f): 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
Nef, it's 7th September

nefertitiram:

Return date?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
XX01:

I know but fear no gree me. With the way dollars have been climbing in rates. Also, i want to get PTA before the rates become to high for me.

With all the millions we are even seeing to go to US nowadays, you got a good buy there. I feel you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 5:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
XX01:

Modath will bell the cat for us *runs away*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gunvi: 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
dis is my 1st time on dis forum.av been patiently following this forum all these while. U guys are doing great job.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
#suspense mode#

Sitting down sipping my precious Lipton waiting for who to bell cat abi na lion!

#thinking of amala and ewedu in my subconscious mind# cool grin
ewedu is on the fire as I speak grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
gunvi:
dis is my 1st time on dis forum.av been patiently following this forum all these while. U guys are doing great job.
Welcome dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
Pls house, is Stanbic still giving pta and at what rate? Thanks for your response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bisilola: 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
veleta:
Pls house, is Stanbic still giving pta and at what rate? Thanks for your response

Yes,I got pta from stanbic last week Thursday at 297.04. However,I had applied over a month ago
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gunvi: 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
House, my travelling date is getting closer but im still getting it mixed up on " burden of proof" and "budget sheet".Ow do I prepare it? Pls mummies n d house kindly send sample to me.really want to fortify myself wit every doc bcus of POE.Tnx in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gunvi: 6:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hello house; pls kindly help me out wit dis" burden of proof" & budget sheet. I'm still getting confused.Ow do I prepare it.responses are highly wlcm ma.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
nefertitiram:

Modath will bell the cat for us *runs away*

Modath way don born finish... Nah Nef go bell the cat.

Last year, I traveled with Emirates, the specifically asked for my baby's visa and when the saw the hand written visa and had to go in to show her boss. I will not advise anyone to try it only if you mail the airline and they confirm via email atleast the wont be able to deny when you reach the airport.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MadameU: 6:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hi guys from what I hear PTA today is selling at N320/ dollar. This is gangster o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cindermum: 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hi,

I wasn't asked for baby's Nigerian visa or passport till we got to lagos on etihad.

favoredgal:

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.