Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,164 members, 7,807,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897610 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 7:26am On Jul 27, 2016
Thanks simababe. I have my drivers license with plenty different cards. grin

Biko, what about reference?? Not needed for checking account? Only that I'd card? Passport photo??no other documents required?

@Kem088,

Just read back few pages. We have been reviewing the authenticity of visa on arrival.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:26am On Jul 27, 2016
Kemo88:
Please how can one get visa on arrival in Nigeria. Now that ETC being issued to minors has been stopped. Urgent response needed please!!!!!!!!
If you read the past 3 pages, you will see the arguments here and the fact that no one knows yet how it works for sure.
Consider sending somebody to the airport and call your airline to ask questions
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 8:37am On Jul 27, 2016
@Ijeoma,when I opened BOA in March,the minimum balance was $1,500 if u don't want monthly charge of $12,its only international passport that was needed,no referees and passport,they would capture u there.take care
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:13am On Jul 27, 2016
KayLayChi:

My bad, hospital is 2,700. So is the grand total 3,700, Fedd..y27 or any one that recently used them should please confirm.

Sorry about d late response, I dey sleep since grin

2700 is inclusive of hospital fee, anaesthesia and pediatrician.

1000 is the doctor's fee, does not include 1st visit + ultrasound.

Firsttymum, mornin dear! Hw re u enjoyin d rain? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 9:20am On Jul 27, 2016
Ajujuju2:

Hmmmm ds matter isnt always strait forward o.
My advise?? Contact ur airline first.

I flew Air France and dy were already asking me for babys visa/passport from IAH. Infct d babe dat attended to me must have been new because she attempted to input the E.T.C detail and it dint enter. Den she called her manager. Its d manager that told her what the etc was and how to input it. She said foreigners needed to hav some travel document to fly.

So me thinks ts subject to airline. Plus ds ur quote can be interpreted two ways. Saying
a) minors dnt need a visa[b] if mentioned on the passport of the person accompanying them[/b]
b) saying minors entering for the first time

if the clauses are read as one den ur deduction may not be correct.

Once again unfortunately naija no de help im people. Even if d baby can enter free d immigration pipu will want their share of your abroad money...thinking if u can birth abroad den u can dash dem some dollar's too. Because can anybody explainwill (.. in blazes) our immigration will be charging us in dollars? $200? Do dy hav dollar account? Is naija a dollar economy? Dey will end up changing it at travelex for N360 -$1 and pay 20k into government purse....nonsense!

If na only me de hia dem no go see chop o. Becauz il rather pay $350 abroad dan giv dem $1 hia. Nonsense.

Then how ya economy grow? U see am now? Patronize made in Nigeria, mba! Anyways the visa is $200, no one force you to pay extra, na beg them de beg for gifts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 9:22am On Jul 27, 2016
@veleta,

$1,500?? That's huge. Ok thanks. Will pray I don't use epidural so I channel d money into account opening

@sabi mamas,

Biko return policy for Wal-Mart na? My second request.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 9:23am On Jul 27, 2016
Kemo88:
Please how can one get visa on arrival in Nigeria. Now that ETC being issued to minors has been stopped. Urgent response needed please!!!!!!!!

Nne read up! We are still deliberating on the matter
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 9:25am On Jul 27, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
@veleta,

$1,500?? That's huge. Ok thanks. Will pray I don't use epidural so I channel d money into account opening

@sabi mamas,

You can go there to inquire. Take the receipt along
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favouredmum: 9:46am On Jul 27, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
@veleta,

@sabi mamas,

Hi,

You can return to any Walmart store ( it doesn't matter if it's an online purchase). Jst go with ur receipt. If u can't find the receipt, ensure the tag is still dere. You will be given cash if u paid cash. If u paid with ur card, dey will refund the amount in ur card or give u a gift card with the value of what u r returning. note that u can use the card only at Walmart. hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by omoba88: 10:05am On Jul 27, 2016
[quote author=MayMaj post=47842750][/quote]
@maymaj please I sent you a PM, I'd like to ask you about the change of intent thing as well as the Bills for Dr and hospital in NJ.. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by damidamsel: 10:09am On Jul 27, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Hello sabi mamas/ papas,

......Then I want to return a gift I got in exchange for another item in Wal-Mart. I have d receipt. How do I go about it?

Cc - firstymum,modath,ozycy, sabi mamas

It's very straightforward....just go to their customer service with the gift and receipt and tell them you want to do an exchange ( however be sure that its a product that can be returned or exchanged for e.g you cannot return or exchange a breastpump). If there's a price diff, you will either have to pay the balance or you are creditted with the diff on a WalMart giftcard, whichever be the case.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 10:10am On Jul 27, 2016
nefertitiram:

Well, you may have gotten it cheaper if you were a tard patient. Buying an October tkt in July... #HighSeason

@Nefertitiram, Help me out here. My dh and i are arguing about this issue. He is of the same opinion as you. He is planning on waiting til Sept before he does his ticket. Will it be possible to have an $800 return ticket to Dallas on BA by then for October travel dates?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:28am On Jul 27, 2016
feddy27:

Sorry about d late response, I dey sleep since grin

2700 is inclusive of hospital fee, anaesthesia and pediatrician.

1000 is the doctor's fee, does not include 1st visit + ultrasound.

Firsttymum, mornin dear! Hw re u enjoyin d rain? grin
Gd morning darling.... As In en... Sweet rain.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:31am On Jul 27, 2016
XX01:

@, Help me out here. My dh and i are arguing about this issue. He is of the same opinion as you. He is planning on waiting til Sept before he does his ticket. Will it be possible to have an $800 return ticket to Dallas on BA by then for October travel dates?
Hmmm... Return ke? Anything is possible o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaTobenna: 11:20am On Jul 27, 2016
Sweetuzy01:
I didn't stay around Lynwood but I was also informed it's a gangster area. Mr. Fred into estate told me he would never get the place for anyone even if the person requests. It's black dominated and not safe. There is a park behind St. Francis and I observed while there with my daughter that loads of black stay in that area.

U can get somewhere else or stay there and be safe and careful.
{quote author=Zaidi post=47345640]Dear house, i'm new here wrt posting other than a few questions that have gone unanswered wink. I would like to sincerely thank everyone who has kept this thread going. I have been reading for a while now and have learnt alot. God bless you!

I decided to give birth at St Francis in Lynwood but when we shared this with a friend, he warned us that this is gang territory and not safe and that we should stay away from there. I would like to ask anyone familiar with the area to shed some light on this especially the mummies who have given birth there. Pls Sweetuzy01, OMary83, MamaTobenna, Bisoye82 and sppecie what was your experience like? Did you stay near the hospital? Thanks
I am just seeing this. I hardly come to the page nowadays. I didn't stay in Lynwood so I cannot say anything about its safety. However, the hospital is really nice and I enjoyed my stay there. I went to the hospital a couple of times and I didn't witness any safety issues.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 11:33am On Jul 27, 2016
firsttymum:
Hmmm... Return ke? Anything is possible o
Dallas oh, not even NY! And BA too. $800? Luck being pushed too far IMO. Anything is possible sha! Eyaaaa, all those DELTA NY tickets sha, time is almost here again before. Buy tickets between September and November (always very sweet), it's better.

FLYING from anytime in mid December may not come cheap too no matter when you purchase the tickets from, but notwithstanding, it's almost certainly better than buying a December flight ticket inside same December.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MadameU: 11:43am On Jul 27, 2016
@ everyone thinking about ticket purchases now or later in the light of the present Forex issues I would ordinarily say wait till last day of September till about the 10th of October to buy at an all time low rate. But make e no come turn another story if dollar come vex enter 380sumthing or higher that time. But in general summer tickets cost more than fall tickets...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2016
Good news. Got my visa this morning at 10am, Lagos.

Transcript below.

VO - Why are travelling to the US
ME - To have my baby
VO - Where are you going in US
ME - Houston
VO - What do you do?
ME - I am lawyer
VO - How long have you been in practice?
ME - About 6 years
VO - What does you husband do?
ME - He is also a lawyer
VO - Is this your 1st child?
ME - No, 2nd
VO - Have you travelled before?
ME - No
VO - Have you contacted a doctor?
ME - Yes (hands over the doc's correspondence)
she read through, page by page and continued typing)
VO - How much is your budget for this trip?
ME - About 16,500
Hands over the white paper and said i should pick up my visa on monday.

No bank statement, no budget sheet, no payslip, nothing. Got the biggest surprise of my life this morning. I read this forum from part 1 to 4, prepared as if i had Jamb exam. Had all my docs, hubby and I's bank statements, letter of sponsorship from hubby, letter from my office, my payslip, marriage cert, change of name publication, budget sheet, doc's correspondence, evidence of accommodation etc. VO didnt ask for a single doc other than doc's correspondence.

Meanwhile, they were just issuing blue paper to people today, even families going on vacation and those going for conference. I however observed that they gave visa to alot of elderly people.

Soo happy that a friend directed me to Nairaland and thank you great people for helping me out in this uphill task. Hoping to hear more good news.

31 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nigconnet: 11:52am On Jul 27, 2016
i flew united and they asked for visa.she even had to call(the nigerian embassy,i presume) to confirm cos i had ETC.
for my other baby, i flew delta and i cant remember them asking for visa but that was 3years ago.
this visa on arrival may not work for all airline
cindermum:
Hi,

I wasn't asked for baby's Nigerian visa or passport till we got to lagos on etihad.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by joltautos: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hello Mom/Dad.
Please , i will like to confirm if what am doing is right, am going for my interview next week and i have gotten all my document ready with the doc's correspondence, But i will like to confirm if the doc's correspondence is right....i called the doctor i will be using and told him to give me the prices of delivery which she sent to me by email. And i also have confirmation of appointment i book with the dr on zocdoc.

My question is that can just that stand for my doc's correspondence

i will await your reply mama's

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NikkyK: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
@veleta,

@sabi mamas,

Hello just take it back to walmart with the receipt you bought it with, go to one of the cashiers and the will attend to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2016
debby516:

Congratulations! More good news coming your way smiley

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
joltautos:
Hello Mom/Dad.
Please , i will like to confirm if what am doing is right, am going for my interview next week and i have gotten all my document ready with the doc's correspondence, But i will like to confirm if the doc's correspondence is right....i called the doctor i will be using and told him to give me the prices of delivery which she sent to me by email. And i also have confirmation of appointment i book with the dr on zocdoc.

My question is that can just that stand for my doc's correspondence

i will await your reply mama's

Thanks

yes, these serve as your doctor's correspondence. Print them out and have it handy. Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Dallas oh, not even NY! And BA too. $800? Luck being pushed too far IMO. Anything is possible sha! Eyaaaa, all those DELTA NY tickets sha, time is almost here again before. Buy tickets between September and November (always very sweet), it's better.

FLYING from anytime in mid December may not come cheap too no matter when you purchase the tickets from, but notwithstanding, it's almost certainly better than buying a December flight ticket inside same December.
I'm just relaxed.... I'm flying in December or January... Most likely December.. But if u see as my eye dey chook for ticket en... Maximum flexible ticket I'm buying is 300k... Flips hair* sets yansh* walks away *

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
debby516:

Transcript below.

ME - Houston
VO - What do you do?
ME - I am lawyer
ME - About 6 years

ME - He is also a lawyer

ME - No, 2nd

No bank statement, no budget sheet, no payslip, nothing. Got the biggest surprise of my life this morning. I read this forum from part 1 to 4, prepared as if i had Jamb exam. Had all my docs, hubby and I's bank statements, letter of sponsorship from hubby, letter from my office, my payslip, marriage cert, change of name publication, budget sheet, doc's correspondence, evidence of accommodation etc VO didnt ask for a single doc other than doc's correspondence.

Meanwhile, they were just issuing blue paper to people today, even families going on vacation and those going for conference. I however observed that they gave visa to alot of elderly people.

Soo happy that a friend directed me to Nairaland and thank you great people for helping me out in this uphill task. Hoping to hear more good news.

U and ur husband are lawyers kikikikikikikikiki VO might Think u might sue... Kikikikikikikikiki just kidding.

I tap into this favour for my mum...

God's favour was with you...
Wish u the best dear. Time to scout for tickets

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
Wow! Congratulations! cheesy

But Babe, I remember you nah... You bin ask qweshion for this JAMB prep sha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Your qweshion plentyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Then again, our people say Onye ajuju adighi efu uzo (Person wey dey h'ask plenty qweshion nor dey loss for road!)

Its always refreshing to prepare well, and have it pay off. God did you well!
The embassy feedback this week has been full of "Dead on arrival" stories, But God did your own.

You better send ORIENTAL Hotel voucher to LadyGuinivere. She answered your questions all on point!

LadyG, More "stella" Pomade to ya elbows!

May we all continue to scale through life's hurdles!

debby516:

Transcript below.

VO - Why are travelling to the US
ME - To have my baby
VO - Where are you going in US
ME - Houston
VO - What do you do?
ME - I am lawyer
ME - About 6 years
ME - He is also a lawyer
ME - No, 2nd
VO - Have you travelled before?
ME - No
VO - Have you contacted a doctor?
ME - Yes (hands over the doc's correspondence)
she read through, page by page and continued typing)
VO - How much is your budget for this trip?
ME - About 16,500

No bank statement, no budget sheet, no payslip, nothing. Got the biggest surprise of my life this morning. I read this forum from part 1 to 4, prepared as if i had Jamb exam. Had all my docs, hubby and I's bank statements, letter of sponsorship from hubby, letter from my office, my payslip, marriage cert, change of name publication, budget sheet, doc's correspondence, evidence of accommodation etc. VO didnt ask for a single doc other than doc's correspondence.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by joltautos: 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
feddy27:

yes, these serve as your doctor's correspondence. Print them out and have it handy. Good luck

@feddy27 thanks so much i really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Deyonsesi: 1:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
FTM, whc one be *sets yansh* again, abeg stop cracking me up cos I still dey bone for you o, ehen.

Afta I read ur post abt ur LO on d way, I jes said lemme check and gbam I don hook. Hmm, imagine wit all d batallion wey don full ground already. God help us all.

Cheers!

firsttymum:
I'm just relaxed.... I'm flying in December or January... Most likely December.. But if u see as my eye dey chook for ticket en... Maximum flexible ticket I'm buying is 300k... Flips hair* sets yansh* walks away *

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
Deyonsesi:
FTM, whc one be *sets yansh* again, abeg stop cracking me up cos I still dey bone for you o, ehen.

Afta I read ur post abt ur LO on d way, I jes said lemme check and gbam I don hook. Hmm, imagine wit all d batallion wey don full ground already. God help us all.

Cheers!

Sweetie
Darling
Sugar
Honey
Meatpie kikikikikikikikiki
Abeg no bone for me.. Forgive me o even though I don't know what I did... Or is it because u af carry belle? Kikikikikikikikiki my dear welcome to the club...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
firsttymum:

I tap into this favour for my mum...

Time to scout for tickets

Mama won't have any issues. It's a done deal for her. Amen. smiley My mother in law went some weeks back. i filled the form and all that. She simply told them she's going to assist me when I give birth, showed them my visa page and that was all. Asked her how many children she has and then said she should tell me to hold receipts for 1st birth when we are going.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Deyonsesi: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
Thank you honourable club member, *seriously rolling my eyes*

Na to tie d tin afta dis one o, wthdrawal yen risky baje.

firsttymum:

Sweetie
Darling
Sugar
Honey
Meatpie kikikikikikikikiki
Abeg no bone for me.. Forgive me o even though I don't know what I did... Or is it because u af carry belle? Kikikikikikikikiki my dear welcome to the club...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
@veleta,

Note:Go to a Walmart that does refunds/exchanges preferably a Supercenter because not all the Walmart has that facility.it happened that I wasted my $ to go to a walmart neighbourhood market where they don't do refunds embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.