Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897661 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2016
Pls did u use form A for ur sister's private account? I tot it's only corporate services like hosp or skl accounts?
Pls I need more details tanks!
mumnadine:
unless if u use dollar like i did it will be same amount was able to send form A to my sis as sch up keep got dollar at bank rate so everytin for our tickets 2 adult to kids was one million two hundred and sometin which i tink is a good deal for BA i den used her card to pay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 1:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
happytbaby:
The airport is a free place , no one will chase you but it is not convenient for a pregnant woman to stay sit sleep there.

You can still get a cab to your destination or book an airport hotel and take a cab to it. I hope this helps.

Ok, thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ulio:

Which is higher, so it's advice d to use another country's card?

It depends. I don't know what the current online rates are but some banks are cheaper than black market rates whilst some like WEMA bank are more expensive than black market rate. Usually, our card rates are higher than what they show on the website. Some banks like DIamond bank were at 350 to a dollar as at last 2 weeks whilst First Bank and Wema were over N420 to a dollar.

For your dollar card, it depends on the rate you used to get the dollars and it's replacement cost. Then you can compare and know which is cheaper.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumnadine: 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
TripleKMama:
Pls did u use form A for ur sister's private account? I tot it's only corporate services like hosp or skl accounts?
Pls I need more details tanks!
yes the money was send to her own account directly 4000dollars.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumnadine: 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
mumnadine:
i sent it as up keep
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
Thanks. Pls I PMed you. I need more details. Is she a student? Trying to see how I can manoouvre it to suit my circumstance Biko, information is key. Thanks lots
mumnadine:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ifemi2016: 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2016
Layooooo:
Good day good people of NL.....Thank you for all the info being shared here. As a silent follower, I really appreciate each and everyone....
Like the coming saying, in the spirit of giving back, Let me share my POE experience
I flew emirates on Tuesday and arrived JFK. Flight was long, but there was enough food and drinks
Entertainment was good, on air wifi and I got empty row of seats which I converted to a bed. The hostesses were so nice and kept asking if I wanted anything.
Arrived JFK, did the automated check in and then proceeded to the CBP officer.
Officer: Good afternoon
Me: Goof afternoon. Hands him my passport and the slip from d automated machine
Officer: what are u here for
Me: To have a baby
Officer: is this your first time here
Me: No
Officer: when last did you visit
Me: Dec 2014
Officer : same reason
Me: Yes
Stamps me in for 6 months and that's all. Proceeded to get my bags. No secondary inspection, ...rechecked my bags for my flight to Chicago with Jetblue airlines
Flight was delayed cos there was a bad weather at Chicago....they kept apologizing but gave us water, drinks and $20 meal vouchers. We finally boarded. Flight was good and still got complimentary cookies and water in board. Arrived Chicago safely.
To God be the Glory. Surely we would all have great testimonies in Jesus name. Amen
Wishing everyone a successful journey through all stages, Visa interview, flight, POE, accomodation, hospital, etc. Indeed we would all have a supernatural childbirth process and it will end in Praise. Amen
Thank you.

Congratulations ma'am,
I am also in chicago waiting for the arrival of my baby,can we rob mind together especially on baby's documentations.what hospital are you using.I stays with a friend at Halsted north side.
kindly pm me your mobile no
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by folamingo: 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
Diamond bank debit card rate for dollar is N367 today...trust me that is the cheapest I have seen in recent times...Enjoy those in America or those that purchase online. Have a fantastic weekend!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
Strolling into thread, looks around, waving hi and bye.

Returning to my hotel bed in Chicago ;d

Came in through JFK with lo as us citizen. Nothing was asked. Just hi and bye.

Bags searched in agric. Felt like Lagos to abuja trip. I slept on take off in Lagos and woke up in NY via arik. See groove.

Oya bye bye

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phummy1821: 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
I am happy reading all these easy and no stress entry at JFK, I pray I have a smooth entry too on Monday. @ nefertitiram pls how was journey with Arik, I will be flying with them on Sunday I want to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
phummy1821:
I am happy reading all these easy and no stress entry at JFK, I pray I have a smooth entry too on Monday. @ nefertitiram pls how was journey with Arik, I will be flying with them on Sunday I want to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks

Poor service, great flight. Flight attendants looked like nightclub bouncers

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2016
feddy27:

Gbam! Cheaper o. Wen my hospital told me 10k, I just left their paper for dem and paid 1500 at airport for port health fit to fly

Please does Lufthansa accept the future to fly from Port Health.?

@ everyone...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
grin
nefertitiram:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by customised87: 9:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
nefertitiram:

Came in through JFK with lo as us citizen. Nothing was asked. Just hi and bye.

Bags searched in agric. Felt like Lagos to abuja trip. I slept on take off in Lagos and woke up in NY via arik. See groove.

Oya bye bye

Wow...you slept that much even with a baby? She must be a very peaceful baby... Lucky you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 10:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
Too funny.
nefertitiram:
See groove.
Oya bye bye
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phummy1821: 10:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
Thanks.
nefertitiram:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phummy1821: 10:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
Thanks.
nefertitiram:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oluphilip2008(f): 11:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
KayLayChi:

Please does Lufthansa accept the future to fly from Port Health.?

@ everyone...

Yes. Infact port health is better. Even with the one from your doctor, you'll still be sent to get from port health
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Popri(f): 12:34am On Sep 24, 2016
grin
nefertitiram:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Colouredgirl: 7:48am On Sep 24, 2016
Chanbaby:
Good day nairaland gurus, pls I am a bit confused. When filing my form and scheduling appointment should I choose B1/B2 or B2 alone ? since I am going for birthing purpose (medical)

I paid for B1/B2 cos B2 alone wasn't on their system at Gtbank.

Thanks for ur anticipated responses.
Fill in b1/b2
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 8:03am On Sep 24, 2016
Pls is there a prototype fit-to-fly letter online? Or any Grammar arranged by ur provider. Pls epp.
oluphilip2008:

Yes. Infact port health is better. Even with the one from your doctor, you'll still be sent to get from port health
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 8:42am On Sep 24, 2016
oluphilip2008:

Thank God I asked, really even Lufthansa.

Also please if my flight is for Saturday night can I go to the port health on Friday, will they attend to me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 9:02am On Sep 24, 2016
You don't need to go a day before your flight. At/after or during check in, you can go to port health. It's on one of the floors under departures. Shouldn't take long unless there's a queue. I've only ever met one other passenger there.

KayLayChi:

Also please if my flight is for Saturday night can I go to the port health on Friday, will they attend to me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tolulope9009: 10:14am On Sep 24, 2016
Good morning, house... please, has anyone used Egypt air before? If so, what was your experience..? Really trying to cut cost here.. Airline fares are crazy.. Please, I need answers asap before I make this booking. Thank you all..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oluphilip2008(f): 10:20am On Sep 24, 2016
[quote author=TripleKMama post=49625936]Pls is there a prototype fit-to-fly letter online? Or any Grammar arranged by ur provider. Pls epp.
[/quote

Nope. There's no such letter online.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oluphilip2008(f): 10:22am On Sep 24, 2016
KayLayChi:

You can always do that during check in. It doesn't take up to five minutes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 10:50am On Sep 24, 2016
oluphilip2008:

You can always do that during check in. It doesn't take up to five minutes

YoungMetrosG:
You don't need to go a day before your flight. At/after or during check in, you can go to port health. It's on one of the floors under departures. Shouldn't take long unless there's a queue. I've only ever met one other passenger there.

Thanks alot.
Are they opened all day, my flight is for 11:50pm, will get to the airport for 10pm cos I will check in online.
Will the port health be opened by almost midnight.

Please has anyone used port health at about 11pm?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 24, 2016
In d spirit of giving back,i used eastside medical centre,domt get me wrong...service is great and all but interms of charges,they are expensive and not honest.
Had two encounters now-i paid cash for ultrasound(150$),did it,when i went back for my next apointment the lady told me i was owning 214$,dat d ultrasound they did was more advanced...dats how i ended up paying extre 214$(i was never pre-informed about any advance ultra sound).
Secondly,baby was rushed to NICU,i got the billing for d number of nites-476$ for 4 nites,which i made payments for,only for them to send a bill of 2318$ to me and said baby service is not included(so another bill is coming for dat one)...i told dem to break down d bill let me see how it got to 2318 cause my baby stayed for 6 days and got the explaination dat the first bill payment they showed me was for normal baby(which normal baby goes to NICU for 4 nites)..so my babies own first day in NICU is 835$ and subsequent visit is 500$,dats wat brot it to 2318$.Am so pained at d level of cheating ehn but i dont want to accrue bill if not i would have just not answered them.d whites too are dishonest ppl.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
hotD:
In d spirit of giving back,i used eastside medical centre,domt get me wrong...service is great and all but interms of charges,they are expensive and not honest.
Had two encounters now-i paid cash for ultrasound(150$),did it,when i went back for my next apointment the lady told me i was owning 214$,dat d ultrasound they did was more advanced...dats how i ended up paying extre 214$(i was never pre-informed about any advance ultra sound).
Secondly,baby was rushed to NICU,i got the billing for d number of nites-476$ for 4 nites,which i made payments for,only for them to send a bill of 2318$ to me and said baby service is not included(so another bill is coming for dat one)...i told dem to break down d bill let me see how it got to 2318 cause my baby stayed for 6 days and got the explaination dat the first bill payment they showed me was for normal baby(which normal baby goes to NICU for 4 nites)..so my babies own first day in NICU is 835$ and subsequent visit is 500$,dats wat brot it to 2318$.Am so pained at d level of cheating ehn but i dont want to accrue bill if not i would have just not answered them.d whites too are dishonest ppl.

I'm not that experienced but the senior citizens can help out here. If na me, na shout I go use bring my bill down, Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem a bit too soft tempered and need to direct your anger at them. Also, let's try and ask for what ever we pay for entails-Full explanation before payment so that no one will come and put a monkey on your back and call it a shadow!Abeg, go back and show them say to get dollar no be moi moi!

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by emeriem: 2:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
Has anyone experienced this or know the solution?
A friend filled the form Ds160 and booked an appointment. She later retrieved the application and made some corrections. The application number changed due to the correction. Yesterday was her interview but she was sent back because the appointment Barcode didn't tally with the application confirmation. This is because she booked appointment before she made the correction. She's been trying to book a new appointment but her receipt number is not accepted. Has anyone experienced this or have a solution? Also do you have any idea on how she can get a closers date for another appointment? Please reply asap. Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hi guys, I just saw that Qatar is doing 20% discount if one books online at their website. The offer is ending tomorrow(25th September) so let's take advantage and book ontime.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
YoungMetrosG:
You don't need to go a day before your flight. At/after or during check in, you can go to port health. It's on one of the floors under departures.
Please is dis for lagos airport port health? I was going to ask if it's right inside airport building. Then do u mean they work 24/7 which Includes weekends. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.