Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897526 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 8:26pm On Sep 28, 2016
I read about this online. Apparently, it's only affecting travelers to Brazil. I'll post a link if I find it.

http://m.guardian.ng/news/emirates-rejects-naira-in-payment-for-flight/?utm_content=buffer95ac2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

XX01:
I just heard that Emirates airline is turning back people that bought tickets in Naira and not by credit card. Don't know how true. A friend that was to travel to Brazil was stopped from checking in even though she bought her ticket since 2 weeks now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ayanuke: 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2016
[quote author=temyb post=49746240]

The twins are going so well,all thanks to God. Weighing over 10 pounds,God has been over over faithful and He has been surprising us. Almost everything the twins have have been given to them,I almost didn't buy anything except for a few things even money sef. Anything they need within 2-3 days somebody somewhere a family or friend would call that do I need this or that or what do I want. It has been favor all through. Their dad can't wait,when I told him to allow us stay till Dec(was joking me sef want to go home) he screamed I should pass him his children ASAP. My mom is around too and we would be leaving together next month.
Was surprised when one emirates staff told me it's part of luggage the other said she wasn't sure. God has just been awesome,He never fails oooo. We are a living testimony
Thank you so much feddy. [/quote

So glad to read you temyb and such great news to brighten my evening. Love to d babies. Tkia mama.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 9:13pm On Sep 28, 2016
sugah:

You send your own itinerary.... email printout is ok.
thank you very much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
[quote author=ayanuke post=49755023][/quote]

Thanks ayanuke.......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Hawtmom(f): 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2016
bbpin:
@Hawtmom, Congrats on your Visa Interview. Pls can you send me a sample copy of the budget sheet ?
Thanks. going for my Visa interview next month.email is ujucmerije@yahoo.co.uk.thanks

I have responded bbpin. Though my budget sheet wasnt checked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hello people. I can't believe I've been reading this thread since PT 1. Goes without saying I'm no where near done yet. But so far, I only saw one place this was talked about in the previous thread but if it's been mentioned a lot more I haven't reached there yet. But why are we so few considering birthing centers? I mean they are cheaper and you still get your baby's citizenship but more importantly for me I really really want to experience water birth. Which we no dey do for hia.Who and who have tried it and what was the experience like? Looking into some birthing centers already and seen inclusive packages for about 4500 and yes there's a diff between them and hospital births but my friend who is a licenced medical doctor in the states even thinks for an uncomplicated pregnancy they are a very very safe and less expensive option to have your baby. They even have pain relief alternatives to epidurals. And some centers even offer VBAC. If you do not have gestational diabetes, not carrying twins, or any other infection or complication as such I say why not? Biko who's in the same boat o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jinglesbaby: 12:08am On Sep 29, 2016
Hi All,

How do I check email/msgs on nairaland? Also, please whoever has Tanko/Eddy's number should kindly email otolomorin@yahoo.com. God bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 2:04am On Sep 29, 2016
Probably because if you should have complications they would transfer you to the nearest hospital with an ambulance. The ambulance ride itself may cost you up to $3000 dollars. You would not have signed a contract package with the hospital and may end up with outrageous bills. Please note that healthcare in the US is not cheap and without a contract most hospitals charge up to $20,000.

People do it but it's not recommended for a first time mother.

MissHunnyBerry:
Hello people. I can't believe I've been reading this thread since PT 1. Goes without saying I'm no where near done yet. But so far, I only saw one place this was talked about in the previous thread but if it's been mentioned a lot more I haven't reached there yet. But why are we so few considering birthing centers? I mean they are cheaper and you still get your baby's citizenship but more importantly for me I really really want to experience water birth. Which we no dey do for hia.Who and who have tried it and what was the experience like? Looking into some birthing centers already and seen inclusive packages for about 4500 and yes there's a diff between them and hospital births but my friend who is a licenced medical doctor in the states even thinks for an uncomplicated pregnancy they are a very very safe and less expensive option to have your baby. They even have pain relief alternatives to epidurals. And some centers even offer VBAC. If you do not have gestational diabetes, not carrying twins, or any other infection or complication as such I say why not? Biko who's in the same boat o

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 2:06am On Sep 29, 2016
As if Gtb na better bank. Nothing good for their body at all. No benefits!

debby516:
I got the same response 2 weeks ago from GTB. I asked for options available to send money to US, either WU or MG, they said they no longer do either cos they ve backlogs and network issues or so. I asked if i culd transfer to a Bank of America accout, they said I shld fund my dom acct. I just left them, wats d essence if I ve to buy dollar from aboki and pay to gtb? mcheeeeeeeew. Ona related note, I understand that GTB withdrawal rate in US is closing to 400 as at y'day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 29, 2016
happytbaby:

Probably because if you should have complications they would transfer you to the nearest hospital with an ambulance. The ambulance ride itself may cost you up to $3000 dollars. You would not have signed a contract package with the hospital and may end up with outrageous bills. Please note that healthcare in the US is not cheap and without a contract most hospitals charge up to $20,000.

People do it but it's not recommended for a first time mother.

Oh yes. The ones I've been looking into have all the security measures in place and clear ammounts you'll be paying if the need arises that you or your baby should be transfered as well as the hospital you'll be transfered to, ambulance fee(Def not up to 3000usd wayyyyy cheaper) an ob/gyn affiliate, physicians fee and all that are clearly stated.
So basically, you are well prepared and thats why it's clearly stated that they don't accept high risk pregnancies. It's all about your medical records and you being honest with yourself. And asking all the right questions. Ultimately they still provide quality one on one experience from all I've read and been told. First time mums or not. And let's face it, how many women pray for complicated birth raise your hand up.lol. you wen get bele, you know your bodies signals.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OTAIBAYOMIOLORU: 3:20am On Sep 29, 2016
Hey sisters in the house am new here but I need your assistance urgently I just got here in Atlanta Georgia to give birth staying with a relative for a week now but I don't think this will end well at all ,she complain about everything and I don't want us to end up been an enemy after discussing with my hubby he suggested that I should find another accommodation that I can pay for and have a peace of mind .So I want to know if anyone know of any place in Atlanta Georgia I can use that is affordable please I need to move immediately if possible please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:21am On Sep 29, 2016
OTAIBAYOMIOLORU:
Hey sisters in the house am new here but I need your assistance urgently I just got here in Atlanta Georgia to give birth staying with a relative for a week now but I don't think this will end well at all ,she complain about everything and I don't want us to end up been an enemy after discussing with my hubby he suggested that I should find another accommodation that I can pay for and have a peace of mind .So I want to know if anyone know of any place in Atlanta Georgia I can use that is affordable please I need to move immediately if possible please

Check extended stays eg intown suites

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 4:29am On Sep 29, 2016
MissHunnyBerry:

Most people don't consider birth centers here because of the uncertainty and complications associated with it. If by mistake God forbid complications occur you are on your own o,the person will have to be rushed to the hospital and at the end be slammed with some outrageously high bill, so at the end you are in a deep mess instead of saving money, na gbese. But if you say you have a birth center that has covered all these concerns,then all the best. Pls come back to give us update o

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 5:14am On Sep 29, 2016
OTAIBAYOMIOLORU:

Check airbnb.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 9:17am On Sep 29, 2016
How abt bwi poe haven't read much abt it. What's d problem there. Cos ticket I Wan pay for na there oo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 9:51am On Sep 29, 2016
[quote author=MissHunnyBerry post=49759476]

Oh yes. The ones I've been looking into have all the security measures in place and clear ammounts you'll be paying if the need arises that you or your baby should be transfered as well as the hospital you'll be transfered to, ambulance fee(Def not up to 3000usd wayyyyy cheaper) an ob/gyn affiliate, physicians fee and all that are clearly stated.
So basically, you are well prepared and thats why it's clearly stated that they don't accept high risk pregnancies. It's all about your medical records and you being honest with yourself. And asking all the right questions. Ultimately they still provide quality one on one experience from all I've read and been told. First time mums or not. And let's face it, how many women pray for complicated birth raise your hand up.lol. you wen get bele, you know your bodies signals.
I understand your view on birthing centers, I thougt of it at a point as a friends friend used 1 in Chicago (no idea name). But then .labour is unpredictable and aM sure nobody wants to be in dt position. We r better safe than sry ... lol at raise your hands. U can share ur research info ppl may decide to try (but nt primips like myself. ..my thoughts
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phummy1821: 9:52am On Sep 29, 2016
Hello, you sent me a pm pls ask your question here I am not a pm person. About BWI, I used that airport in March its not a busy airport, they have all the time to ask you so many questions. So I advise you to be fully prepared and harmed with your burden of proof cos secondary inspection is almost certain. That was one of the reasons I came in thru JFK.
Ulio:
How abt bwi poe haven't read much abt it. What's d problem there. Cos ticket I Wan pay for na there oo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ifemi2016: 10:05am On Sep 29, 2016
jinglesbaby:
Hi There,

I cant see ur email. Please send msg to otolomorin@yahoo.com! Thanks and God bless you.

Thanks for the information shared.
Pls how much was the fee for Nigeria Visa processed my Tanko.

regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tawababy: 10:19am On Sep 29, 2016
Hello all. I know a lot has been posted here but I would like some info please from anyone as soon as possible. I plan to travel in October to give birth in the states. I really don't have any specific destination. Please can anyone let me know the cheapest hospitals in the states to give birth. I'm expecting twins and I'm due in January and with this dollar rate I'm looking at a good price. Please let me know your experiences and also good affordable accommodation too. Thanks very much

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 10:32am On Sep 29, 2016
YoungMetrosG:
I read about this online. Apparently, it's only affecting travelers to Brazil. I'll post a link if I find it.

http://m.guardian.ng/news/emirates-rejects-naira-in-payment-for-flight/?utm_content=buffer95ac2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Oh good. I thought it was a general issue.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by topefola1: 11:33am On Sep 29, 2016
Hii every1, hope we're doing great. Pls I'm Dallas bound next month for my missionary journey. I contacted the Dr I intend to use and she sent a correspondence to me yesterday. My question now is this, the letter isn't on an official letterhead though it was signed, PLS IS THAT THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE? Hope it won't look informal to this cbp people ooh.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Flowers: 11:40am On Sep 29, 2016
Tawababy:
Hello all. I know a lot has been posted here but I would like some info please from anyone as soon as possible. I plan to travel in October to give birth in the states. I really don't have any specific destination. Please can anyone let me know the cheapest hospitals in the states to give birth. I'm expecting twins and I'm due in January and with this dollar rate I'm looking at a good price. Please let me know your experiences and also good affordable accommodation too. Thanks very much

Hello Madam, all your questions have been answered. just help yourself by reading through or best use the search button to help you get the specific answers. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2016
phummy1821:
Hello, you sent me a pm pls ask your question here I am not a pm person. About BWI, I used that airport in March its not a busy airport, they have all the time to ask you so many questions. So I advise you to be fully prepared and harmed with your burden of proof cos secondary inspection is almost certain. That was one of the reasons I came in thru JFK.

Plus, most flights to BWI are more expensive than IAD!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gratefulalways: 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
@OTAIBAYOMIOLORU which hospital & DR are you using? what part of Atlanta are you looking at.

[quote author=OTAIBAYOMIOLORU post=49759682]Hey sisters in the house am new here but I need your assistance urgently..............
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hello everybody...Our bundle of joy arrived yesterday. normal delivery, all glory to God. will share the hospital details later..baby and mother doing fine..Thank God for everything..Thank you nairalanders.you guys , rock

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
topefola1:
Hii every1, hope we're doing great. Pls I'm Dallas bound next month for my missionary journey. I contacted the Dr I intend to use and she sent a correspondence to me yesterday. My question now is this, the letter isn't on an official letterhead though it was signed, PLS IS THAT THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE? Hope it won't look informal to this cbp people ooh.
Thanks

I think the letter you got is ok ,provided it has some basic info like she has agreed to take you on as a patient,cost breakdown,doctor's name and phone number etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Millzyte(f): 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hello beautiful people of Naira land!! In the spirit of giving back, I had my Visa interview in Lagos on Thursday last week (22/9/16) and it was a success. NOTE: I was denied during my first application in July; but with the help of Nairalanders, I was able to get it right this time......My interview was seamless it could have just been God. It didn't last up to 3mins and the magic white paper was given. below is my transcript for your perusal.

Me: Good morning
VO: Gdm; passport please
Me: Passed it
VO: where are you going to
Me: Houston Texas
VO: For what purpose (As if say she no dey see my form and my big belle grin
Me: Childbirth
VO: where do you work
Me: xxxxxxx
VO: What is your job function
Me: xxxxxxxxxx
VO: How long have you been working there
Me: xxxxxxxxx
VO: How many people are in your department
Me: xxxxxxxx
VO: Are you Married
Me: Yes
VO: what does your husband do
Me: xxxxxxxxx
VO: Have you travelled before
Me: Yes, to xxxxxx
VO: How much is it going to cost you to have your baby
Me: $12656 (Gave her my budget sheet immediately)

She was busy typing and in few seconds she said congrats, go to this address on tuesday and collect your passport; me in my mind i was sosoosooo happy.... naso i waka commot oooooo.. No single document was asked from me, not even dr correspondence. Meanwhile i went with My doc. correspondence, DH&DW act statements, Intro letter from my office and hubbies,change of name docs, wedding cert.,wedding pix,budget sheet, DH passport datapage, DH company profile showing I am one of the BD's, Payment Slip,Letter from my hospital to the embassy etc..... the documents plenty jare......can't remember all. But then, not even one doc was asked. Thanks to everyone that answered all my questions and helped me through it..May God bless you all. Ahhh Greatie darling; you know I can't thank you enough....You practically turned to my VO few days to my appointment day..Thanks babes you sure rock!!!!!! Thanks again guys, will surely come back to share my Houston POE. Travelling next week with BA.

Ques: What are the things i am not allowed to travel with? with regards to food stuffs and all
Is there any info anyone would like to share with me; that would ease my journey
DH doesn't want me to travel with a lot of cash he wants me to access it through my card. Pls can i tell them i am paying with my card, if they ask at the POE? (I applied for PTA with access bank through the help of someone and he said it can only be accessible via my card; hence they aint giving cash.
Please does someone know where i can buy my baby things in houston texas at a very good rate?
Does anyone know where i can also get dollar in Lagos at a good rate? Called Travelex and they said they don't have; but i could get the day i am travelling after i have collected my boarding pass.. Please i dey find where i fit get dollar oooooo help a sis somborri because black mkt rate is crazy.

Your prompt response is much anticipated. Kissesss from me to you guys

Beautiful Mommas in Houston we can all hook up if you want...

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by brightog: 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
Please can anyone help me with cheap forex, i will be travelling on 3rd, I truly will appreciate any help
pm me brightog@yahoo.com

Regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Eriolaoluwa: 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hello house,
Is anybody travelling to Houston USA next week. ....I need urgent assistance. ....I left my antibiotics and analgesic in Nigeria. ....FedEx and Dhl are being impossible. ......they want me to get a prescription here and scan to Nigeria......and cost of medicals here is crazy.......please I need them in USA urgently.......im ready to pay........

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mrsfad2014: 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2016
gratefulalways:
@OTAIBAYOMIOLORU which hospital & DR are you using? what part of Atlanta are you looking at.

. Please I need accommodation in Atlanta too. Can anyone help us out. It's urgent. Am due to travel in few weeks time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
Eriolaoluwa:
Hello house,
Is anybody travelling to Houston USA next week. ....I need urgent assistance. ....I left my antibiotics and analgesic in Nigeria. ....FedEx and Dhl are being impossible. ......they want me to get a prescription here and scan to Nigeria......and cost of medicals here is crazy.......please I need them in USA urgently.......im ready to pay........

Thanks in anticipation

You can get analgesics from over the counter in any pharmacy and why do you need antibiotics? Talk with your doc, if you need it then he'll give you a prescription to get at the pharmacy. No need looking for who will bring frm naija for you

If you don't av a doctor, search for family medicine doctor in your area. Ring up their office and book appointment as a self pay patient. U shouldn't spend more than $200 for 1st visit

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.