Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897767 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by similoluwa1: 1:28am On Oct 11, 2016
Good evening all,pls i need help

do i need the Social security number to apply for my baby US passport cos i saw a space on the application form for SSN but i dont have the number yet, they are yet to send it to me, pls wat should i o or go about it? ca i apply for his passport without the SSN.

Also, i am thinking of getting visa on arrival for him, read here that some pple did that, but my question is wont the airline ask for to see the baby visa too niger before allowing him to board from here in US.

I am flying ETIHAD.

pls gurus in the house pls help out, am to return 29th, time is not on my side, pls help

thanks my email is similoluwa1@yahoo.co.uk

thank you all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 1:40am On Oct 11, 2016
Similoluwa1, you don't need SSN for passport. Put 00000 in the SSN space.

Also, you can't do visa on arrival for your child. You need either a visa or ETC to board the flight
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by IyawoToBe(f): 2:15am On Oct 11, 2016
herrik066:
#ResponseOfLife. We all know what that means. Epic! grin

That response looks epic to you? Ewwww undecided

Anyone can hide behind a phone/Laptop to claim British Citizen. grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happymoi: 2:19am On Oct 11, 2016
@Biolar Onidollar aka atawewe be hiding like she took all the $ away. I need some though. Where art thou.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by IyawoToBe(f): 2:20am On Oct 11, 2016
Dquin1:
hello house, pls I am trying to book my flight (on wakanow) to elpaso, leaving 1st week in December. BA is the cheapest (504k) but chicago as POE, not an option for me atal. The only option i am seeing is Multiairline (BA and American airline) (599k) dallas POE. BA to hearthrow, american airline from hearthrow to dallas to elpaso. Please how does this multiairline work? will these airlines operate independently? is it possible american airline ask me for luggage fees? or start asking me again for medcert and fit to fly?

Please people that have done el paso direct from nigeria, which travel agency did you use? I saw BA (Dallas poe) 540k on skyscanner but was directed to BA site which was quoting price in dollar when i wanted to book.

Why not break the trip? Join a direct flight from here to Dallas and a local flight to El Paso. That was what i did the last time and it was cheaper and hassle free.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 11, 2016
similoluwa1:
Good evening all,pls i need help

do i need the Social security number to apply for my baby US passport cos i saw a space on the application form for SSN but i dont have the number yet, they are yet to send it to me, pls wat should i o or go about it? ca i apply for his passport without the SSN.

Also, i am thinking of getting visa on arrival for him, read here that some pple did that, but my question is wont the airline ask for to see the baby visa too niger before allowing him to board from here in US.

I am flying ETIHAD.

pls gurus in the house pls help out, am to return 29th, time is not on my side, pls help

thanks my email is similoluwa1@yahoo.co.uk

thank you all

Usually the Social Security Number takes about 2 weeks to get to your address. The hospital usually gets this done. You should have filled out the birth certificate information at the hospital. They usually send it out for you. To get your baby's passport, the most critical thing required is the Birth Certificate. Do you have the birth certificate already? If you have that, you can get the passport. For the Passport, if you let them know you are leaving in less than 2 weeks, they will allow you do the express. It takes 24-48hrs after your appointment date.
It is better to get the Nigerian Visa before you leave to avoid issues. It only takes about 3-5 days. Contact the Nigerian Emabassy in Atlanta. They are pretty efficient.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 4:49am On Oct 11, 2016
chloe7:

I think mo experienced same when she was leaving chicago too, my God they are mean there o! They are not smiling at all.

That Chicago CBP people ehn!! Maybe dem dey receive double salary for dis dem nonsense, a nor know!

Hi klo klo, you doing great I believe.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 4:54am On Oct 11, 2016
Hello, its beyond hiding behind phone/laptop.... Its minding what we say to people in here, I get shocked when i read people flare up at people with annoying comments. But it's fine. We different.

IyawoToBe:
That response looks epic to you? Ewwww undecided

Anyone can hide behind a phone/Laptop to claim British Citizen. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 5:27am On Oct 11, 2016
Lwkmd
It's so funny. I'm laffin at myself o! But to be forewarned is to be forearmed. Plus I ain't travelin wit any food wotsoever. Cant afford to "wait for 2hrs before dey called me". Na from d 2hr wait,anoda over sabi CBP officer Go begin anoda set of interview. I will eat wot I see dia. Wen I Rome,act like d Romans abi? It is well
dere5:

@Tripple KMama
Na only you gather all these envelopes and cards, all these ones na for POE ? Even all mighty Chicago got nothing on you .

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 5:45am On Oct 11, 2016
Dquin1:
hello house, pls I am trying to book my flight (on wakanow) to elpaso, leaving 1st week in December. BA is the cheapest (504k) but chicago as POE, not an option for me atal. The only option i am seeing is Multiairline (BA and American airline) (599k) dallas POE. BA to hearthrow, american airline from hearthrow to dallas to elpaso

The multi airline is still run by BA. They will check you in straight to the last stop. Book BA to Dallas on the phone and pay in GTB. Then book a local airline to elpaso.

TOKNOW:

Calling the customer care and booking over the phone and paying with Naira cash at GTB makes a lot of sense. I just paid today for a flight of 845 dollars plus 30 dollars service charge for booking over the phone, making it a total of 875 dollars, but I paid a total of 281,775.76 at GTB, this means that they charged only 322 naira per dollar. I think its good.

Austine2020:
Why dont u book direct from BA website and pay naira equivalent at any GTB bank at the rate of 314naira per1 dollar as at today BA rate. And they will issue the ticket and sent to your Email.instead of using those Ticketing agents or Using your mastercard. Thats how i normally purchase my wife and kids BA tickets.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyOk: 5:53am On Oct 11, 2016
Congrats cyntop! Good news all d way!

cyntop:
POE on the 8th of October
Cbp: passport
Me: handsover the passport
Cbp: why are you here
Me: Childbirth
Cbp: how much do you have on you
Me: bla bla
Cbp: what hospital are you using
Me: Northside hospital and hand over the price estimate that was sent to me
Went for secondary inspection same question as above
And that was all

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 6:19am On Oct 11, 2016
So I finally borrowed the energy to pay my "gbese" to -NLders..
I had my LO 2.30 am 12th August at Inova Fairfax hospital in Virginia via VD.
I was induced at 39 weeks 2 days because amniotic fluid was a Little above mark and baby was small for gestational age..
I was in labor for about 32 hours in total (active labour was about 20 hours)
Was discharged the next evening after series of tests done on little madam who had traces of jaundice. Pediatrician discharged her after repeated tests showed blood bilirubin was normal ( skin test showed above average levels). I received excellent care, the hospital looked like a five star hotel..the service was impeccable and flawless..
Hospital fee 4600$
Doctors fee 2651
These fees represent 50% discounts which is no longer valid as discount has been adjusted to 25%..(please do the math)
Labs tests 315$ ( had some tests such as ogtt done in naija before I travelled)
Ultrasound level 2 480$
In-hospital paediatrician 380$
Follow up visit at Tysons corner paeds 312$
Lab tests for baby 52.43$
Epidural 1280$ ( had to take an emergency decision on epidural when induction pain wanted to kill me!)
Hearing test 119.50$
Birth certificate arrived 2 weeks after, SSN arrived at3 weeks.
Booked appointment at passport agency in Washington DC,expedited fee is 165$. Hubby came in Oct 3 and we went straight to the passport agency. Picked up passport same day.. note that to qualify for appointment at a regional passport agency you must show proof of travel not more than 10 days away or so.
Got naija passport at naija embassy in DC for 132$.
On the 6th of October I flew from Washington DC via Istanbul to naija. Bought baby's ticket at airport for 84$..
Got to naija on the 7th..
Thanks to everyone who helped in one way or another from the point of visa application and interview to poe by giving candid advice and sharing their experiences. One thing I'm sure of is I'm not going back to the DC/Virginia/Maryland axis to have another baby..too damn expensive!
By the way prices of everything in naija has gone up by at least 50%. O ga oo

26 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 11, 2016
modath:

That Chicago CBP people ehn!! Maybe dem dey receive double salary for dis dem nonsense, a nor know!

Hi klo klo, you doing great I believe.

The Chicago is a terror, they're just being overzealous, or maybe people had taken advantage in the past when they were lax and those people literally broke the bridge they crossed o, because na people whey dey go now dey suffer.

Modath my modath, i'm doing very well thank God, how are you and your family too? Cheers cheers kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 7:51am On Oct 11, 2016
@dquin1 If you're ok to buy the 599k ticket, then that would be a good option for you POE wise. BA and AA usually work as one company and they'll most likely check you in all the way through to Elpaso, if your Dallas to Elpaso flight is also on AA. At Heathrow, you may be required to get a new boarding pass at the airside desks though but that's not an issue. You can call the BA phone numbers and ask them about it for confirmation. If you choose not to and go ahead and buy the tickets, just confirm from the BA desk agent at check in. Tell them you want to confirm that your luggage is being checked in through to your final destination.
Alternatively, you can take XX01's advice and try and book this fare over the phone with the BA Nigerian call Centre, considering what rate they require you to pay at. All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ringofGod: 8:34am On Oct 11, 2016
Pamperme:

In Lagos. Yes because she went there around 9am with her boarding pass even though the flight was in the evening... they insisted that she would be given the dollars at the gate...

Hey, is this about getting forex, please give me the dubs. Do I go there with my naira in hand or how. I need dollars badly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 8:39am On Oct 11, 2016
bisilola:
Goodmorning All,I am not a frequent poster on this forum but I follow what happens here. Congrats to all the new mummies,old timers and all the successful visa approvals.
I just want to sound a note of warning to all the Chicago mothers,pls and pls do not try to go in by
That Poe at all. I know it has been said several times but this is a fresh advice. My very close friend was sent back just last week after proofing
All that was necessary,it's a very dangerous Poe.
Let's try as much as possible to avoid that place.
Just a piece of advice oooo

Even though I've gone in through that POE, i will never advise anyone without a lion heart to use it, the interview isn't long per se but they keep you waiting enough to break you mentally if you aren't lion hearted.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ringofGod: 8:45am On Oct 11, 2016
How did you get Travelex pls smiley

[quote author=Atdor post=50011513]Pls did u have to pay for the Doctors correspondence before u were given by Dr Dana?
author=Jollybaby post=49016421]Hello all I have been a silent reader,thanks to everyone that has contributed to this great forum,i learnt a lot here. In the spiriit of giving back:flew qatar @ 35weeks with my DH on wenesday,was sent to port health for fit to fly,told the nurses I was 34wks but they refused to give me,said they don't give 34wks that it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mabelkoko: 9:30am On Oct 11, 2016
Thanks so much ma.
God bless you. I am also processing elpaso, anyone that works. Although i am open to other affordable places. To avoid stories that touch, i may not be staying with the person i know in newjersey as i am not so familiar with them and from stories i read here, i would prefer to be on my own with my babies than having to deal with drama of staying with them.
TripleKMama:
Im NJ-bound in few weeks but my hospital cost. Im going there cos thats where I have family support so it depends on what you value most. Im hoping for some discount if I pay all at once as they claim - but they didnt say the % discount.
Vaginal delivery: $8000; CS: $12,000; Dr's fee: $3600 Anesthesia: different levels ranging from$800-$1,800. Circumcision: $150.
Tests: around $300. All the best dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mabelkoko: 9:44am On Oct 11, 2016
Thanks lady G. I will update the house although i am proccessing using elpaso because i feel its affordable and the fact that other nigerian mothers would be there. New jersey is now plan B cos i dey reason wahala wey people dey get when dey stay with friends dey are not too close with. Although i am still open to other places that are affrodable and have and affordable accommodation near them.
LadyGuinivere:

Good you have been reading so this reply should be expected. Hospitals in NJ, cost and procedure is all this thread is about. It is a matter of research. Read truly and indepth. New jersey has been discussed here . Read the ist page on this thread for a general guide on how to go about the process.
Now as to the reason , most definitely you can't be advised to misrepresent. But Truly I dunno what else to be a reason to want to birth in the US. You can tell them its your dream or you want dual citizenship for your child to give him more opportunities. Its not a crime

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumdearest: 10:15am On Oct 11, 2016
Dquin1:
hello house, pls I am trying to book my flight (on wakanow) to elpaso, leaving 1st week in December. BA is the cheapest (504k) but chicago as POE, not an option for me atal. The only option i am seeing is Multiairline (BA and American airline) (599k) dallas POE. BA to hearthrow, american airline from hearthrow to dallas to elpaso. Please how does this multiairline work? will these airlines operate independently? [b]is it possible american airline ask me for luggage fees? or start asking me again for medcert and fit to fly? [/b]

Please people that have done el paso direct from nigeria, which travel agency did you use? I saw BA (Dallas poe) 540k on skyscanner but was directed to BA site which was quoting price in dollar when i wanted to book.

flew BA to elpaso from nigeria last year. you are not paying for luggage you collect your luggage in elpaso and also check it in from elpaso and pick up in nigeria.

from the info we have gotten so far, i'll suggest you go with DFW poe.

All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 10:56am On Oct 11, 2016
Hello my people, For Emirates, I obtained the Doctor's report from a Government hosp, duly signed and stamped and the Fit to fly form on Emirates' website was also completed, signed and stamped by the doctor from the Govt hosp and dated the date of my trip, hope it will suffice? Cos my hosp is asking for 20k for Fit to fly. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lively123: 11:27am On Oct 11, 2016
[quote author=debby516 post=50104093]Hello my people, For Emirates, I obtained the Doctor's report from a Government hosp,

For those that have been flying Emirates, how una dey take afford the fare? the fare i've been getting on their site and booking sites have not been friendly o, or is there a trick i don't know? abeg, help a sister o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
oluwatoyin03:
hello everyone, I will be travelling to Houston, Texas in November with my baby. please i need a very secure contact for accommodation either by rent or referral before my departure. thanks.

PM me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ogbenyalu: 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
Good day everyone, please does anyone have an idea of travelex(MMA) opening hour, my Etihad flight take-off time is 9am, I heard they won't sell the day before even with your online boarding pass.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Similoluwa1 Etihad would ask for visa at point of check in..so you need to get visa/naija passport or etc

Ogbenyalu (I love your moniker. Especially in this buhari economy grin), I'm not sure when exactly they open, but they were open when I flew with Etihad.

Momo13 this your bill be making my head spin, darn!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Rebarobyn: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
debby516:
Hello my people, For Emirates, I obtained the Doctor's report from a Government hosp, duly signed and stamped and the Fit to fly form on Emirates' website was also completed, signed and stamped by the doctor from the Govt hosp and dated the date of my trip, hope it will suffice? Cos my hosp is asking for 20k for Fit to fly. Thank you

Please which hospital is asking for 20k for fit to fly? Are you sure someone was not trying to play a fast one o you? I didn't pay a dime from mine.

The letter will suffice provided you are not above 36 weeks as at the the departure date of the final leg of your trip. You should make at least 2 copies though cos they may collect it at the point of departure both in nigeria and dubai.

Also try not to be "obviously pregnant" or look helpless at the point of departure. Even if you have a fit to fly if the airline officials have any doubts that you can complete the journey, they can subject you to further checks. Heard someone was returned from dubai because she was very heavy buh I didn't hear the full story sha.

Asides that Emirates is a correct airline and their staff are friendly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by babythug(f): 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
feddy27:

Also, you can't do visa on arrival for your child. You need either a visa or ETC to board the flight

Hello everyone

Just to mention I successfully used the visa on arrival option for my baby a few weeks back! The key thing is to arrive at the airport early and explain that you will get the visa in Nigeria, have the baby's birth certificate on hand as well. It costs 200 dollars even though the official rate is 160 dollars

Good luck

I flew Qatar airways

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by geojay: 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
lobus:

PM me
please, me too, am travelling to houston this october ending, and i need accomodation too, wont mind to share because a family friend too is coming same october and needs accomodationnas well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by colegold100: 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
Anyone planning for houston Tx trip in December? kindly PM me for possible collabo smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
geojay:
please, me too, am travelling to houston this october ending, and i need accomodation too, wont mind to share because a family friend too is coming same october and needs accomodationnas well

If i remember correctly, i think you've sent me a PM before. You can PM me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bouqounmie(f): 11:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
Pls how much was your infant ticket with Qatar airways?

babythug:

Hello everyone

Just to mention I successfully used the visa on arrival option for my baby a few weeks back! The key thing is to arrive at the airport early and explain that you will get the visa in Nigeria, have the baby's birth certificate on hand as well. It costs 200 dollars even though the official rate is 160 dollars

Good luck

I flew Qatar airways
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dunnibaby: 11:40pm On Oct 11, 2016
It's time to share my POE experience and to the glory of God, it is a success! Flew Egypt air from abuja to Cairo. Journey was smooth, but the in flight entertainment was Zero. I had space to lie down though. Hotel accommodation in Cairo was ok.
Journey from Cairo to New York was terrible. Plane was full, food was poor. In flight entertainment was whack. Infact, it took grace of God.
On arrival at JFK, I used the self help machine. I proceeded to the CBP. The crowd was quite overwhelming. He asked what I do for a living and I told him. The next question was "how long are u here for" I answered "ten weeks" He just stamped me in. I don't know the duration o. I had to tell him" I'm here to give birth". He just said "Madam, you may go and that was it. The man was obviously tired and quite stressed out. No secondary inspection, nothing more. Nothing was seized. It's just the grace of the Almighty. I'm waiting patiently to board my flight to Chicago.
I will post the stamp here for the experts to help me check how long I'm stamped for.
For all coming behind, God will go ahead of you. I bless His Holy name. Later peeps!

30 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.