Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897856 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Iyaboonibipe: 5:04am On Oct 24, 2016
[quote author=temyb post=50362351][/quote]

Twins mama I tried sending you an email in respect of the visa ob arrival. Pls I need some information. Kindly check.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 9:00am On Oct 24, 2016
Iyaboonibipe:

Twins mama I tried sending you an email in respect of the visa ob arrival. Pls I need some information. Kindly check.

Thanks

Have replied you but just in case pm don't work my email is temy4u@hotmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by boleswagg: 9:32am On Oct 24, 2016
Please nairalanders advice me, am also goin for usa visa interview this week with my husband which is my sponsor going from Qatar but am on visit in Qatar which my visa expires Jan. My husband as residence and my tommy is visible already. Please my questions are wil I be granted even thou my visit is almost expired 2 what and what shud document is required of my husband 3 wil flight ticket be asked at d interview or fit to fly 4 I've already booked an appointment with doctoresparati in elpaso wil flight take me to El Paso airport directly and do we need statement of account print out at d interview, it's my first really want my husband there with me please what can you really advice me on as am really confused but my husband keep insisting and trusting God we can do it. Thanks so much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 9:44am On Oct 24, 2016
Congratulations. May God bless you and your LO. Requested info sent via e-mail.

BeckyU:

Hi Henrik066,
Kindly email her contact to me too on egoligolden@yahoo.com. Sorry for the stress. God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ahmayzing(f): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2016
cisco123:

Many thanks,
Please I need a sample of the budget sheet.
Thanks

Send your email address

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2016
Hello Beausexy. How did you get to Dallas? I'm sure u went through a POE. Can you please share your experience in the spirit of giving back just as you got from a lot of beautiful persons here or state otherwise if its not the case.Maybe then, people will stop neglecting your question.

beausexy:
Pls help a sister ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Correct1: 10:24am On Oct 24, 2016
Hello everyone, please who has the contact or email address of Dr xydas and hnwmc. Please help. My email address is cheerfully2004@yahoo.co.uk thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by beausexy(f): 11:05am On Oct 24, 2016
Many thanks dyout

dyout:
You can use the search button at the top, then go to travel. They mentioned JPS, Baylor, sulphur spring Hospital all in Dallas like few pages apart. i will advice u use the search button and make your choice.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 11:27am On Oct 24, 2016
boleswagg:
Please nairalanders advice me, am also goin for usa visa interview this week with my husband which is my sponsor going from Qatar but am on visit in Qatar which my visa expires Jan. My husband as residence and my tommy is visible already. Please my questions are wil I be granted even thou my visit is almost expired 2 what and what shud document is required of my husband 3 wil flight ticket be asked at d interview or fit to fly 4 I've already booked an appointment with doctoresparati in elpaso wil flight take me to El Paso airport directly and do we need statement of account print out at d interview, it's my first really want my husband there with me please what can you really advice me on as am really confused but my husband keep insisting and trusting God we can do it. Thanks so much.

I will attempt to answer some of your questions. But sincerely,i will advise you to get a pen and jotter and start reading from part 1 and taking notes,it will do you a whole load of good if you are sincere about applying.
I'm not too sure of the possibility of you getting a visa from Qatar,since you are on a visitor's visa there,most likely you will be advised to go to your home country to apply (I stand corrected)
Flight ticket is not compulsory for visa interview
Fit to fly is also not compulsory for interview,however doctor and hospital correspondence is needed for interview.
Can't really say about a direct flight to Elpaso,it all depends on your airline/flight itinerary.
Yes, you need to go to the interview with a print out of your account statement.
Bottom line,read this thread very well and put together your burden of proof and apply, by his grace you will share your testimony

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by beausexy(f): 11:27am On Oct 24, 2016
herrik066:
Hello Beausexy. How did you get to Dallas? I'm sure u went through a POE. Can you please share your experience in the spirit of giving back just as you got from a lot of beautiful persons here or state otherwise if its not the case.Maybe then, people will stop neglecting your question.

Hi everyone , my POE was a little dramatic
1st I booked delta airline to Dallas , poe was at Atlanta bt I missed my flight due to travelex who didn't bring d dollar I bought to d boarding gate....left d next day with airfrance coz delta wasn't to flight till 4days time, Poe also Atlanta bt 2stop over ....Paris&Atlanta
Poe at Atlanta
Cbp officer...hello r u cold
Me :yes
Cbp: so y r u here
Me: vacation and to deliver my baby
note:my visa is a b1/b2 visa had it a long time(b/4 marriage) n didn't bother changing it wen I decided to deliver in USA...
Cbp: follow me
Me:followed him

He took me to anoda officer who rechecks pple with X .....
New officer : so Wat r u here for
Me: vacation n deliver of my baby
New officer : do u av any relation here /family friend
Me :No

He types sometins, kept my passport in a yellow zip lock bag n called some1

I was taken to a room n I was later called web dry were ready to attend to me...
d officer asked what my job description was in Nigeria n my husband
Told him
Asked Ow much I had told him 2600 and money in my ATM card ..
Asked me to bring out d money we I did
Asked for d address I was gonna stay n asked for d price of my medical bills..told him
He didn't ask for a confirmation n stamped my passport for 6months....

Dat was my experience .....
Pls ignore all typo error......

Hope dis helps

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 11:33am On Oct 24, 2016
Correct1:
Hello everyone, please who has the contact or email address of Dr xydas and hnwmc. Please help. My email address is cheerfully2004@yahoo.co.uk thanks

Make una dey try GOOGLE small na before posting kwesions. #JustNeGoDi d beauriful website sef grin
NB: Ayam jus seeing ur email directives. Abeg madam, manage dis post for now cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by eribooboo: 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
testimony number 2 cool cool cool

my lovely husband went for his visa interview today in lagos. it was a last minute decision we made dat he shld apply n Glory be to God it was successful. I submitted his application online last week thursdy n miraculously on Friday,a slot for monday(today) was opened in place of d Nov 22 date we saw initially..

vo- morning
hubby- good morning
vo- why are u going to us
hubby- to witness the birth of my first child
vo- wowww congratz
hubby- thank you
vo- where are u going
hubby- houston,texas
vo- what do u do
hubby- I'm a ----- at -----
vo- is your wife in the US
hubby- no,she is leaving in two weeks
vo- do u have her passprt with you
hubby- no but I have a copy of her visa page (gives him d photocopy)
vo- went thru it n said okk,how much is ur estimated budget for dis trip
hubby- about 11k dollars
vo- pick up ur visa here and congratz again on ur baby
hubby- thank you

all thanks to God n d beautiful pple of dis thread...he understands why I cherish n take every advice given here really serious now. cool wink

POE testimony next grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Correct1: 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
TripleKMama:

Make una dey try GOOGLE small na before posting kwesions. #JustNeGoDi d beauriful website sef grin
NB: Ayam jus seeing ur email directives. Abeg madam, manage dis post for now cool
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2016
TripleKMama:

cool

Lmao ....loving d "jst negodi d beautiful website sef" I understand how ppl feel wen de come in contact with such avenues. De hav a lot of questions n most times dnt hv patience to read through d pages till they understand u jst have to READ to gain it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by coolcathy(f): 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
Ulio:

Lmao ....loving d "jst negodi d beautiful website sef" I understand how ppl feel wen de come in contact with such avenues. De hav a lot of questions n most times dnt hv patience to read through d pages till they understand u jst have to READ to gain it.

Babe you no try for me oooo.......I thought we are here to help one another
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2016
coolcathy:

kikikikikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
coolcathy:

Totally forgot. Jst sent it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Salami2006: 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hello to all wonderful Mother in the house. I am new in this platform and I need the sample of childbirth budget plan sheet. Someone help me with that please.Here is my email ,salami2006@yahoo. Com

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tolulope9009: 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hi everyone... cc nefertitiram
and TripleKMama

Please, who has that rebate code for lyft again? Need it. Please help. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
Salami2006:
Hello to all wonderful Mother in the house. I am new in this platform and I need the sample of childbirth budget plan sheet. Someone help me with that please.Here is my email ,salami2006@yahoo. Com

Thanks
oga/madam try read small sad okay just read back a little. Better still you can create yours. Just the way you like it. There's nothing special about the budget sheet. There's no template, no specifics from the us embassy. The mom that pasted it here some years back created it herself. Just try small biko.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by drafrican: 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
psyche003:

Thanks.
I would advice you to try Canada or apply for the next baby cos if you have 2 consecutive refusals it looks bad cos it wud be established you were pregnant at the first interview except it was less than a month,they may let it pass
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by coolcathy(f): 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
Ulio:

Totally forgot. Jst sent it

Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bouqounmie(f): 7:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hello mamas and papas, please for those who applied for the Nigerian passport for their LOs, please did you have to fill the guarantor's form?
Please help a mama in distress.
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Adiahabasi: 8:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
Salami2006:

Thanks
check page 104 or 105 of part 1. Twas posted by Phema. Go thru the page 1 of this current part as well it'll help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 8:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
bouqounmie:
Hello mamas and papas, please for those who applied for the Nigerian passport for their LOs, please did you have to fill the guarantor's form?
Please help a mama in distress.
Thank you.
Hi!! By "guarantor's form" i think you mean a "consent letter"(except you are talking about something else).. Yes you have to write a consent letter for your LO where both parents have to sign (doesnot need to be notarized). It will be requested of you at the embassy sha. I did this last week thursday.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by missexiest: 8:58pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hello mamas,i noticed the immunization schedule I was given in us is different from the one ww use here in nigeria.Was told theres no 4 months immunization that its 14 weeks,my baby is 4 months n I want her to get her immunizations tommorow pls mamas is there any other vaccine they give here thats not in the attached picture n hope its not too late to give her the 14 weeks immunization at 18weeks?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
Pls will dey accept d notarized one we still need to do for US passport? Or a different one entirely? Cos I plan to make copies of d notarized one. Pls epp
AdomMum:

Hi!! By "guarantor's form" i think you mean a "consent letter"(except you are talking about something else).. Yes you have to write a consent letter for your LO where both parents have to sign (doesnot need to be notarized). It will be requested of you at the embassy sha. I did this last week thursday.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oye84: 9:51pm On Oct 24, 2016
Thanks Temi
I was able to book my baby’s ticket exactly as you advised with Airfrance for $86.
I was told I had to book a one-way ticket when I made the first call and despite my insistence, the lady said it was not possible and I told her Thank you and dropped the call.
I immediately dialled again and the lady this time also first gave me the one-way ticket story and I insisted she double-checked and she then came back after keeping on the line for like 10 minutes and said I could book a return ticket for $86. Also, while she said she was double checking, I was already praying seriously in tongues and I know God did it.
I need to also mention that when I called the first time, I was connected to Delta airline SC and the second number I dialled connected me to Airfrance SC. I earlier got three different numbers at the airport when I arrived Houston.

Nnystc:
wink wink wink cheesy wink
Okay guys.
I was going to post this on my return, as part of a fancy 'missionary journey' post... once I settled down... But that day when I finally settle down doesn't seem to be near the horizon (been sleeping like someone on drugs!). And I realized that the more I wait, the worse for those who may have benefitted. So here goes:

I was able to reduce my infant ticket from earlier quotes of $469 (one way ticket) and $593 (return ticket with option of claiming back cost of one leg).
My flight was on KLM.

How did I do it?
After all the grammar they were speaking, I got inspiration from above to do the following:
1- search flights originating from your departure airport (in my case LA-Lagos-LA). These flights are cheaper than Lagos-LA-Lagos, and as baby is an American citizen, you are within his rights to do this.
2- Baby's departure date should be the same date you're leaving US.
3- For Baby's return date, search the airline website for the cheapest date you can find no matter how close or far apart the outward and return dates are.
4- once you get a good combination, call the airline and tell them you want to add your baby to your ticket. If they ask for the itinerary, give them the dates you have searched. They should then give you a cost of 10% of that booking cost.
If they tell you no seat, be ready to defend ya case. Baby is a lap infant and doesn't need seat, you just want to take advantage of the good deal you found.
5- if they ask questions be ready to defend your position. In my case they asked how will baby use the return leg? My response was that I will either book my ticket to tally with his return leg when the time comes, or claim a refund on that leg, or allow the ticket to lapse if I'm unable to travel on his return date.
6- If you get a good rate pay IMMEDIATELY! No dulling!

After doing this my final ticket cost for baby was $91.66 and it was a non-refundable ticket but I didn't mind.

So far this worked for me on KLM and for another NL mum (who I shared the info with) traveling on BA.

I want to believe it should work for other airlines too.

So ladies, all the best as you try this. Make sure you come and give your testimony when it works for you oh!!! wink wink wink

Ogz and kizzez!!
Cc: Pokompakam

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
Pokompakam have you sorted your baby's ticket already? The poster above just did for hers, just follow the steps Nnystc gave you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Atdor: 11:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hello everyone,
I want to thank you all most especially MrsBee1,dere5, to mention but few. It's exactly 9days now that I got to the US. My POE was in Houston and it went thus

Cbp: why are you here?
Me: for child birth
Cob: what is child birth
Me: to have my baby delivered here
Cbp:how many month are you
Me: 33wks gone
Cbp: what, I mean how many month?
Me: 33wks(couldnt start calc for the month biko )
Cbp:how much do u have
Me: Told him(thou more than my medical bills in cash.)
Cbp :ok, someone will have to take u for secondary inspection.
Me: ok ( me I don ready for una , )

Many people waiting. Me only ninja babe but 2 pregnant woman. Stayed 1hour+ before I was called.

2nd cbp: oh I can see u are here to have ur baby.
Me: yes
Cbp: is this your first
Me:3rd but 1st in the US.
Cbp: how much do u have
Me: bla bla n bla wit bla bla n credit card(showed him)
Cbp: Do u have a Doctor
Me: yes showed him my doctors correspondence
Cbp: have u payed any money?
Me: no, but I have all the money to pay.
Cbp: what does ur Dh do?
Me : bla bla bla
Cbp: what do u do?
Me: Told him.
Cbp: did u make the one on u
Me: yes
Cbp : whoa ! How is business in Nigeria
Me: great.
Cbp: can I count the money pls
Me: sure (gave him all the money)he counted it and handed it over to me.
Cbp: please make sure you pay all your money and keep all receipts.
Me: sure will.
Cbp: how long would you be staying?
Me : 3month. ( he stamp me in for 6month).And gave me back my passport. No Agric.Even when I have food.

Really it was God at work. And I give all glory to him. Still taking my time luking for a good n cheap hospital and Doctor that is not too far from where I stay.
Onces again thank u all.

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bouqounmie(f): 11:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
Thanks so much. I have that already. Saw a guarantor's form (available for download on the website) as part of the list of documents to bring along. But since you didn't need that to process the passport, then i don't need it too.
I'm really grateful for your help.

AdomMum:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 12:07am On Oct 25, 2016
First Dr's Visit.
Our reward. Baby & I grin cool

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.