Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897606 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Varvara: 4:01am On May 03, 2016
Hey! I'm planning to go there in August

Msp:
Hello mamas, pls anybody going to El paso in July for VBAC? Pls can we rub minds together. Also, please how do we go about this plane ticket wahala.i was considering United but with this new development .... pls can someone suggest/advice best possible way to get to elpaso without sleeping in the air for hours and breaking ya bank.

Ese
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ighagbon: 4:41am On May 03, 2016
Please I need advise on. Using deluxe childbirth service am a july mum. Already have my us visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 6:19am On May 03, 2016
firsttymum:

Kikikikikikikikiki I miss you jare
I'm fine o.
I don't wanna be judged but not all of us can handle certain things. I made my decision because I can't handle the two situations. Depression isn't funny and I don't wanna get there at all.. Leaving it might drive me there. U get abi?
So I'm FTM

Yeepee... U r just silently enjoying it. Lol. He's fine.

Hummnn... it would have been hell wt no support system!!! Esp with work and all that. I kept wondering how you would have explained to your employers. It is well with you! Hugs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 7:07am On May 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yes u can. You must nt pay the hospital fees for several reasons. U may change your mind about hospitals and have some deductions upon return. You may create a sense of distrust for Nigerians paying ahead and have the letter of intent saga over again.
U stilll have not answered me. Do u guys have travel history?
Ps: stay away from agents!

@ Super LadyG, go so concerned abt people. May Gof bless, your family & every of your endeavors. I've been off for a while due to one reason or the other. Yes I only have travel histories but she doesn't. Should I apply with her or se alone should. I want to apply with her because out scan shows we are expecting two. So I'm thinking of telling the consular that we are expecting two that's why I'm applying with her so as to accompany her and help her carry the baby and the goods. Am I reasonable here ma? Pls need your help we have a relations in NY and we are thinking of going there but on the hosp search on the first page of this thread there is no hosp listed in NY. pls what's your take and anyone with cheap hosp in NY. Thanks all that mamaG
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 7:20am On May 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

It may also help if u posted your transcript of previous refusals on the thread and on the visit visa thread

Yes I will but I applied for student not visit. So where should I post the past transcript because there are shady things last time. I don't know if I have been banned self cos of agents wahala.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 7:26am On May 03, 2016
Wishing all mamas going to the embassy today divine favor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by angel55: 8:00am On May 03, 2016
XX01:
@angel55, please, what hospital did you eventually use?
. Hello! I used UMC in Elpaso. Top notch delivery, doctors always Available. But I will Advice U look elsewhere because their pricing is not as straight forward as Doctoresparati & MIHS! Or better put it's not an All Inclusive Package. Especially if u have a tight budget. However I think Elpaso mommas found a VBAC doctor affiliated with Del Sol. Dr Laguna U can google her name on health grade so that you can Obtain her Contact. Or get the phone number of del sol medical centre. Sorry about the long post. Hope I did answered ur question.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tmmum: 9:41am On May 03, 2016
Hello mommas
When filling my ds 160 form, I filled self as trip sponsor and that I will be travelling without company. I'm married and I stated that also. Hubby and I plan to attend the interview together and put all the funds in my account before the interview date which is later this month.
1. Will hubby be allowed at the interview since im the aoplicant and going ubaccompanied.
2.Do you think going unaccompanied with belle and coming accompanied with a baby will affect our chances of getting the visa and
3.please what can we do at this point to remedy the situation?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:33am On May 03, 2016
cheldas:

Yes I will but I applied for student not visit. So where should I post the past transcript because there are shady things last time. I don't know if I have been banned self cos of agents wahala.
See? That's the ish. I'm trying very hard and vaguely remember your transcript. If the details in your previous and recent ds 160 differ then the vo obviously will distrust all your info.
You are expecting twins. Your wife truly and actually needs help. That's a valid reason for both of you to apply together.
On the other hand, you have the baggage of your past added to her.
Now, without knowing what your ties are, I can't really weigh which is better now. To apply alone or together (so as to use each other as ties)
With the limited info I have, I'm of the opinion both of you should aPply together. But you have to come clean and acknowlegde your misrepresentation. There's a column that asks if you have ever tried to enter into the us via misrepresentation or fraud. U should tick yes.and explain.
My opinion is based upon the fact that you guys need to tackle this together and now cos if peraventure madm gets , it will be harder for you to get.
Do you have other kids that u can use as a home tie?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 10:38am On May 03, 2016
angel55:
. Hello! I used UMC in Elpaso. Top notch delivery, doctors always Available. But I will Advice U look elsewhere because their pricing is not as straight forward as Doctoresparati & MIHS! Or better put it's not an All Inclusive Package. Especially if u have a tight budget. However I think Elpaso mommas found a VBAC doctor affiliated with Del Sol. Dr Laguna U can google her name on health grade so that you can Obtain her Contact. Or get the phone number of del sol medical centre. Sorry about the long post. Hope I did answered ur question.

Thanks a lot, i appreciate the response without being judgemental. I asked because you said you were far gone before getting another hospital. Do you remember how much everything came to? Trying to weigh my options here. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:40am On May 03, 2016
Tmmum:
Hello mommas
When filling my ds 160 form, I filled self as trip sponsor and that I will be travelling without company. I'm married and I stated that also. Hubby and I plan to attend the interview together and put all the funds in my account before the interview date which is later this month.
1. Will hubby be allowed at the interview since im the aoplicant and going ubaccompanied.
2.Do you think going unaccompanied with belle and coming accompanied with a baby will affect our chances of getting the visa and
3.please what can we do at this point to remedy the situation?

1. Does your husband have a visa interview? If no then how can he accompany u? I say this with love. Snap out of it. You can go for an interview alone. You are not a child. It is your attitude that determines your altitude.

2. Nobody can tell you 'your chances' but a thousand and one pregnant moms here have gone for their belleful interviews alone.

3. There is no situation to remedy. Prepare for your interview like you should. Go with all your supporting docx. If the money is in hubby's account, go with his statement. Its his child and his responsibility. All you need do is be able to answer questions relating to the funding of the trip

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by osat82(f): 10:53am On May 03, 2016
Momo13:

Thanks for responding. I booked myself on the Internet! Every other information is correct except the ds 160#. I logged in now but can't seem to find the page that has ds 160 number.. You know the part where you add people attending appointment with you. I'm so agitated right now! If I change it sef won't I need to reschedule to get another appointment confirmation? Pls help me oh

This also happened to me,I had the wrong dis 160 number on my appointment page,I called the customer care and explained everything they advised me to fill another form and send the new ds 160 form number to the customer care email and they were the ones that updated my appointment page with the new number but u AV to give them at least 72hours
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 11:38am On May 03, 2016
Ok on my last post on cash backed dollar credit card. access bank does it for 130%or more in naira.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 12:31pm On May 03, 2016
mummies and daddies please help. I sent an email to lagos NIV for the notification of Intent thing. But I got an auto response with FAQs which is different from the responses I've seen on this forum.

is this normal? will I still get the response most mom's here got?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 12:57pm On May 03, 2016
temmyo:
mummies and daddies please help. I sent an email to lagos NIV for the notification of Intent thing. But I got an auto response with FAQs which is different from the responses I've seen on this forum.

is this normal? will I still get the response most mom's here got?

Yes u will just give it sometime. I got d FAQ first then got d normal reply after 5mins... but my friend said she got hers after like 2days. So calm down. Lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins2: 1:00pm On May 03, 2016
Please help me ... I had my fist visa in 2010 and I used it ... I renewed in London wen I was still in school and was given 2 years ... Which is due to expire July . I could Not use it cos I rounded up my course August last year and I had to start a new job in Nigeria by September .... It expires July and my baby is due August .... Should I renew before I travel or use it like that ? I am so confused . I plan to travel June ... Early June . Thanks a lot everyone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 1:01pm On May 03, 2016
I have suffered today ooo. Went to GTB, I was told to go to headquarters, went there again, was told to go former head quarter, I got there only for them to tell me they ve suspended sales n som1 told me it only possible at the former headquarter. My head is spinning seriously.

After openin fcmb for my family only 4 them to tell me it's been suspended.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mismarshal(f): 1:13pm On May 03, 2016
I advise you renew your visa before travelling although you can you use your existing visa for the trip. You would be at the mercy of the CBP who can decide to stamp you in for the validity of your visa only or longer.

I am due in July and intend to travel in June. My last visa was to expire in June but I renewed in April to avoid stories at the POE. I was issued another 2 year visa while the last one was cancelled without prejudice as you can't have two valid visas running at the same time.
Mumtwins2:
Please help me ... I had my fist visa in 2010 and I used it ... I renewed in London wen I was still in school and was given 2 years ... Which is due to expire July . I could Not use it cos I rounded up my course August last year and I had to start a new job in Nigeria by September .... It expires July and my baby is due August .... Should I renew before I travel or use it like that ? I am so confused . I plan to travel June ... Early June . Thanks a lot everyone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 1:26pm On May 03, 2016
ucystan:

Yes u will just give it sometime. I got d FAQ first then got d normal reply after 5mins... but my friend said she got hers after like 2days. So calm down. Lol
thanks a bunch
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tmmum: 1:33pm On May 03, 2016
Thanks for your response. I sincerely appreciate.
In my number 2...I was asking if travelling back from the US with my baby unaccompanied wil affect my 'chances' of getying the visa. But I guess not based on your response.
LadyGuinivere:

1. Does your husband have a visa interview? If no then how can he accompany u? I say this with love. Snap out of it. You can go for an interview alone. You are not a child. It is your attitude that determines your altitude.

2. Nobody can tell you 'your chances' but a thousand and one pregnant moms here have gone for their belleful interviews alone.

3. There is no situation to remedy. Prepare for your interview like you should. Go with all your supporting docx. If the money is in hubby's account, go with his statement. Its his child and his responsibility. All you need do is be able to answer questions relating to the funding of the trip
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shithapuns: 1:36pm On May 03, 2016
simababe:
I have suffered today ooo. Went to GTB, I was told to go to headquarters, went there again, was told to go former head quarter, I got there only for them to tell me they ve suspended sales n som1 told me it only possible at the former headquarter. My head is spinning seriously.

After openin fcmb for my family only 4 them to tell me it's been suspended.

na waoh, so wch bank is giving PTA naah?
if all of them are just cancelling, and its them that told us to wait to 2wks b4 trip!!!!!!...
this move will only increase the pressure on forex in the black market, and it may go up again.. shocked angry angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tanno: 1:44pm On May 03, 2016
Hi Nairalanders,

I promised to share my POE experience. So after I posted that my POE was Philly, and got responses on how Philly can be; remain small I wan fear.

Anyways this is how my experience was:
Officer:Why are you in the USA
Me: To give birth
Officer: Who will you stay with
Me: My aunt
Officer:What does she do
Me: Told her
Officer: Where is your husband
Me: Nigeria
Officer: What do you do
Me: Told her
Officer: is this your first time here
Me: Yes
Officer: Have you contacted the hospital
Me: Yes. I have even made some upfront payment
Officer: Okay. I would send you for secondary inspection. It is just a routine. All the bet
Me: "In my mind i said oooooohhhhh...why naaa"

Na so i siddon for secondary inspection for like 30 minutes. Then they called me, offcourse they murdered my name well well

Officer: First time here?
Me: Yes
Officer: What are you here for
Me: Child birth
Officer: Contacted any hospital?
Me: Yes I have. I have made some payments. Showed him documentation
Officer: (looks at system) why did they send you here then? didnt you show the earlier officer your papers?
The earlier officer enters during that period and when asked, she stated that she did not have to look at papers (lol).
Officer: stamps me in. Good luck.

Sorry for the long story. As for PTA, i was only able to secure 1,500.

So the Philly sojourn begins.

All the best

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 2:49pm On May 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

See? That's the ish. I'm trying very hard and vaguely remember your transcript. If the details in your previous and recent ds 160 differ then the vo obviously will distrust all your info.
You are expecting twins. Your wife truly and actually needs help. That's a valid reason for both of you to apply together.
On the other hand, you have the baggage of your past added to her.
Now, without knowing what your ties are, I can't really weigh which is better now. To apply alone or together (so as to use each other as ties)
With the limited info I have, I'm of the opinion both of you should aPply together. But you have to come clean and acknowlegde your misrepresentation. There's a column that asks if you have ever tried to enter into the us via misrepresentation or fraud. U should tick yes.and explain.
My opinion is based upon the fact that you guys need to tackle this together and now cos if peraventure madm gets , it will be harder for you to get.
Do you have other kids that u can use as a home tie?

@Mama LadyG I'm waiting ooo.
You have been responding to others and I'm jealous here here oooooo
No we don't have other kids. This is our first fruits. My wife has a studio of her own and I have a small Ltd company of mine with 2 branches in major cities in west. Also, I'm currently a 400 student of NOUN. My wife is renewing her P anytime this month an we want to fire asap.
What other thing can we use as our ties aside kids or should I use our last born of the family as a tie who is 13yrs old. Lol
Cc: Super LadyG
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins2: 4:25pm On May 03, 2016
mismarshal:
I advise you renew your visa before travelling although you can you use your existing visa for the trip. You would be at the mercy of the CBP who can decide to stamp you in for the validity of your visa only or longer.

I am due in July and intend to travel in June. My last visa was to expire in June but I renewed in April to avoid stories at the POE. I was issued another 2 year visa while the last one was cancelled without prejudice as you can't have two valid visas running at the same time.
thank you so much .... Did they call you for interview ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mismarshal(f): 4:48pm On May 03, 2016
No i wasn't called in for an interview though I hear some people are called in for interviews upon renewing their visas via Dropbox.

Mumtwins2:
thank you so much .... Did they call you for interview ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MadameU: 4:54pm On May 03, 2016
In other news I go try renew my visa via Dropbox but as it turned out I was refusedthe V.O say the money MIHS charged was too cheap, say the government must have some monies and monies must have been written off. I'm both angry and disheartened. I just found I didn't have the strength to start arguing after she returned my passport.thinking what my next line of action should be.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 5:14pm On May 03, 2016
Mamas. In Houston, abeg if person buy stuffs, how do u intend to send them to Nigeria. As per diapers,formulae,wipes etc..
Advice needed. ..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 5:23pm On May 03, 2016
Thanks Lady Guinevere I called and was given instructions on what to do!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 5:29pm On May 03, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Ok on my last post on cash backed dollar credit card. access bank does it for 130%or more in naira.
Hi. Please explain further.. Requirements and the likes?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.