Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897452 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 5:37pm On May 03, 2016
Momo13:
Thanks Lady Guinevere I called and was given instructions on what to do!
Yipee!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ChicMalkia: 5:50pm On May 03, 2016
Hian!! This is a first o..never heard of this happen before. I am a mihs mama, stayed in the US for over three months during child birth and renewed via drop box with no issues...I also know some other mihs mamas who did same with no issues.

I personally will advise you reapply asap and on the specified place on the form, state that you weren't given the chance to explain properly. By the way did you tell her that as at when you registered for delivery at mihs,because you wanted to pay cash and in full, you were given a discounted rate for self pay patients which was what you paid? I am really surprised because there are packages as low as 1500 in the US and peeps have used it and renewed without stress.

MadameU:
In other news I go try renew my visa via Dropbox but as it turned out I was refusedthe V.O say the money MIHS charged was too cheap, say the government must have some monies and monies must have been written off. I'm both angry and disheartened. I just found I didn't have the strength to start arguing after she returned my passport.thinking what my next line of action should be.....

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 6:43pm On May 03, 2016
ChicMalkia:
Hian!! This is a first o..never hears of this happen before. I am a 2014 mihs mama, stayed in the US for over three months and renewed via drop box with no issues...I also know some other mihs mamas who did same with no issues.

I personally will advise you reapply asap and on the specified place on the form, state that you weren't given the chance to explain properly. By the way did you tell her that as at when you registered for delivery at mihs,because you wanted to pay cash and in full, you were given a discounted rate for self pay patients which was what you paid? I am really surprised because there are packages as low as 1500 in the US and peeps have used it and renewed without stress.

Pls which package is as low as 1500 abeg! Let us know nah... I am highly interested. If u no wan talk am here abeg u fit PM oo...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:44pm On May 03, 2016
This is a new season. Either that its Trump foot and mouth disease or there's a coded policy to hold back visas. Personally I have the conspiracy theory that they are 'afraiding' us now cos this economy can even make Buhari pikin run away.
Saw this and thought to Share...
JADESOLA15:
Dear VO,
Sure you all is well.
Need your help on this, Myself and wifey with our kid were issued B1/B2 visa in October 2015, and we were suppose to travel for vacation in December but father in law died, and we couldn't make our trip again cos Burial was in February due to preparation and all that.
The Visa officer asked if she was pregnant, but she wasn't at all in 2015, but she became pregnant in January 2016 with EDD September 19 2016. We felt she could give birth in America since we have the capacity etc having checked your site and the requirements to give birth etc, I decided to process application for my mum to follow her to help out, and during her interview she informed the VO that she wanted follow her daughter in law to give birth, and she asked for copies of our visas which I have already added to her envelope. At this point, the VO said we lied during our interview, according to her VO kept saying we lied.
The truth is this, wifey wasn't pregnant at all in 2015, she became pregnant in 2016 January, and that is why her EDD is 19 Sept 2016 they wanted to travel at 35weeks(19 August 2016). According to my mum the VO was calculating the period the visa was issued and now, if she was 3months pregnant during the interview, her EDD would have been April 2016, if she was like 2 months pregnant, her EDD would have been May 2016, and if she was 1month Pregnant during the interview in Oct 2015, her EDD would have been June 2016. If the calculation is done, the VO will realised that we didn't lie during our own interview, and I can understand why her application was denied, even though mum didn't lie also as she mentioned why she wanted to go based on the information we gave her.
I just hope that it will not affect our Visas, as it is not our intention to lie at any point. I have told wifey to forget about giving birth in America as I'm more concerned about our integrity and being truthful at all time.
VO, sincerely sorry that I had to bother you with all these, I just want to know the way forward.

I will appreciate your opinion about our situation.

Regards

JADESOLA15:

Hi VO, thanks for your great work here. So I received email from Vice Consul that we should bring our passports for interview, and today VO asked why we didn't travel and I responded. Asked how m7ch we both earn, and we answered.

She stepped out for minutes and came back with our passports with CANCELLED stamp on the visas.

Even though wife was not pregnant during interview, I guess VO felt we lied.

I have taken it in good faith, even though it was painful that being truthful led us here. I will continue to be honest even with this setback. may God keeps us all. Amen.

Thanks and I really appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ajiedeko(f): 6:49pm On May 03, 2016
Thanks blue355. I appreciate your response.

blue355:

Not really.
I got an automated reply indicating that my entry wud be determined by the CBP
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ChicMalkia: 6:51pm On May 03, 2016
Thanks for sharing @LadyG but I still really do not understand...like what was their offence and is there more to the story? I still do not get it at all...

LadyGuinivere:
This is a new season. Either that its Trump foot and mouth disease or there's a coded policy to hold back visas. Personally I have the conspiracy theory that they are 'afraiding' us now cos this economy can even make Buhari pikin run away.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 6:53pm On May 03, 2016
ucystan:

Pls which package is as low as 1500 abeg! Let us know nah... I am highly interested. If u no wan talk am here abeg u fit PM oo...
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy no dulling at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:53pm On May 03, 2016
^^^azzin! They were actually summoned for a visa cancellation interview!
No patience to wait and deport again shocked shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:56pm On May 03, 2016
ucystan:

Mihs. Do they still take international patients?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 7:00pm On May 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

really harsh!!!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 7:06pm On May 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
cry cry this is harsh! After all the preps and planning. I don't even know what to make out of this sef. sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:08pm On May 03, 2016
ChicMalkia:
Thanks for sharing @LadyG but I still really do not understand...like what was their offence and is there more to the story? I still do not get it at all...

I dinnnoooooo! Maybe there is more to the story cos a simple ultrasound report can measure fetal age and date pregnancy. I fail to see why they didn't carry it when clearly that was the ish.
The only thing I can say is that this is the season to dot I s and cross T s. Apparently the season for ' I got visa for vacation but couldn't use it but now want to birth with it' is coming to an aburpt end. Letter of intent is no longer the magic cure to every shortcoming. If you get your visa for vacation, pls try and use it as such before any extra curry and kola activity
#myopinion

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:10pm On May 03, 2016
ebonychic18:
really harsh!!!!!!
Shebi you mean that the embassy is harsh abi that me I'm harsh?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:12pm On May 03, 2016
Sorry about that.

Did you get your zero balance letter from financial? Did you tell her you have a letter attesting to the fact that you didnt use medicaid and that was actually the cost of the hospital?

I know a number of people who paid the 2,888 less the 250 and have renewed their visas, two of then were called for interview. I have renewed mine but I paid more than that. Was not called for interview either so they could not have known how much i paid.

Please reappply and explain yourself in the space provided.

MadameU:
In other news I go try renew my visa via Dropbox but as it turned out I was refusedthe V.O say the money MIHS charged was too cheap, say the government must have some monies and monies must have been written off. I'm both angry and disheartened. I just found I didn't have the strength to start arguing after she returned my passport.thinking what my next line of action should be.....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:18pm On May 03, 2016
Lady G. They actually do that o.

Left to me, if visa was not obtained for childbirth, I would rather the intending mum travels before mother goes for interview or she just says she is going for vacation with her daughter.

LadyGuinivere:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 7:19pm On May 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I don't know o... that's y I am asking her what hospital's package is 1500, bcuz my eyes dey shine now oo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 7:22pm On May 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I don't know oo... that's y I am asking her what hospital's package is as low as 1500, bcuz my eyes dey shine now oo...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by peacenigeria: 7:32pm On May 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

MIHS stopped admitting international patients more than a year ago do to hi influx of patients from Nigeria.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nita2013: 7:36pm On May 03, 2016
Hmmmmmmm dearie kindly get ur facts right oooo as regards d bolded.

peacenigeria:

MIHS stopped admitting international patients more than a year ago do to hi influx of patients from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 7:38pm On May 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Kai.

Stories like this really hurt. SOMETIMES being Nigerian alone can rob you of your simple pride. It stings when people doubt your words first without a benefit of doubt just because of the passport you carry.

God help us and may God make Nigeria great again sooner than later.

This is why it's important that we keep encouraging others on this thread to be honest in all their dealings. It's not enough to complain, we should do all we can to restore pride to our Nations name.

Long post, no vex. I felt bad reading that story.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tobi12345: 7:42pm On May 03, 2016
Hello mamas, pls anybody going to new York in may ending . for birth . Pls can we rub minds together n plan our journey .pm me pls .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:47pm On May 03, 2016
ucystan:

Hmm... u should just pay me half of dat money u will pay deluxe childbirth service and I will provide u with d same info they intend giving and even more. @Nerf no be true.... I am sure we can do better than deluxe even at a cheaper rate!

Lol!dia money, dia decision
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nita2013: 7:50pm On May 03, 2016
Hi all, i arrived US and like pple say in d spirit of giving back #wink#
Came in tru Boston

Cbp officer: Hello
Me: Hi
Cbp officer: Who do u av in d US?
Me: My elder brother
Cbp officer: Who is d person on d wheelchair
Me: My mum
Cbp officer: Ur son has the blue passport. How did u pay the bills when u had him
Me: I paid cash and I av d receipts to show
Cbp officer: Never mind I dont need to see them
Me: OK
Cbp officer: How long did u stay when u had him
Me: 3months +
Cbp officer: How long will u be staying now?
Me: Maximum 2months. I m actually here to av my 2nd baby
Cbp officer: Thats fine
Cbp officer: U must to close to ur due date for wanting to stay for just 2months
Me: Yes 36 weeks already
Cbp officer: Wow.....
Cbp officer: Takes my right finger prints only but took both right and left of my mum
Me: Noticed u didnt take my left finger prints but u took that of my mums
Cbp officer: Yes ma'am thats because the system recognised u with just ur right finger prints
Me: Ok
Cbp officer: Stamps us in till Oct and looked at my son and said "welcome home boy"

Agriculture:
Scanned our bags. Opened just one and brought out my frozen pap and asked what it was, told her. She kept it back and said u r free to go.

Missed our connecting flight but was transferred to united.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:59pm On May 03, 2016
Maybe more like badly behaved 'Nigerian patients' laugh wan kee me. They actually didnt have a problem with the high influx from my understanding.....

Nita2013:
Hmmmmmmm dearie kindly get ur facts right oooo as regards d bolded.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:01pm On May 03, 2016
happytbaby:

Maybe more like badly behaved 'Nigerian patients' laugh wan kee me. They actually didnt have a problem with the high influx from my understanding.....

They also had a problem with people travelling almost immediately after delivery. I dont blame them though.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 8:03pm On May 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Shebi you mean that the embassy is harsh abi that me I'm harsh?
mbanu not you cheesy cheesy I meant the embassy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:04pm On May 03, 2016
@ Nita2013.

You just told my POE story in advance (as far as i am concerned).

Mum in wheel chair, American toddler, easy POE story....just fast forward it to a few months' time.

Wish you a safe and easy delivery.

Cheers.

[quote author=happytbaby post=45284483][/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Jiji11: 8:11pm On May 03, 2016
mismarshal:
No i wasn't called in for an interview though I hear some people are called in for interviews upon renewing their visas via Dropbox.

Hi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mismarshal(f): 8:26pm On May 03, 2016
I ticked B2 for my renewal.

Jiji11:

Hi, apologies but pls did you tick B2(tourism/medical) or B1/B2 (tourism/conference) for your renewal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sessibasi: 8:29pm On May 03, 2016
[quote author=happytbaby post=45284422]

Sorry what exactly do u mean by badly behaved. I was an mihs mama and never heard any story of anyone been badly behaved. u can give us d gist if u have it tho.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 8:51pm On May 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

Lol!dia money, dia decision

Sometimes i look at all these "services" that people pay for and can't stop Loling real hard !! cheesy

Cc Ucystan

LadyGuinivere:

Some stories I've learnt not to take at face value, me & nef bin hear plenty tory for our sojourn so I'm now more balanced & objective about visa denials /cancellations ....

We have many very good people in naija and we have the opposite boku as well..

We met a lady who was there to deliver and told us that from the day she left MMA she knew she wasn't returning to naija (B1/B2) asked her what about your husband, said when she settles the guy will come join her !! She had already started linking up with people who facilitate Sola Sola & Ewe for illegal immigrants....

I just weak cos i remembered how long CBP take entertain me for & how many people she go block their chances but, c'est la vie....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:53pm On May 03, 2016
[quote author=sessibasi post=45285328][/quote]
I read it on this thread that mihs stopped taking on Nigerian of sins
The one that I remember well is that we refuse to run basic important tests like hearing tests and we refuse to obey doctor's instructions. It haff tay and no be today gist

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.