Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897419 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 6:07am On May 06, 2016
Haaa! I still dey lag o...traveling in 2weeks, due by next month by his grace. Not put to bed yet.

phabulouschy:

@Biollar, I intend to also use Oakbend hospital and Dr E, please which Paediatrician did u use for baby's first check while in the hospital and how much did u pay d Pead? Before u found Hope clinic for ur subsequent visits!

I am following you, pls follow me back so I will be able to send u emails.

Thanks for ur quick response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 6:59am On May 06, 2016
biollar1:

Haaa! I still dey lag o...traveling in 2weeks, due by next month by his grace. Not put to bed yet.

There is pediatrician in oakbend. His name is hasnain shahid. He is Indian...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phabulouschy: 7:40am On May 06, 2016
biollar1:

Ok, am due in July please keep us posted on how everything goes, wishing you safe delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phabulouschy: 7:45am On May 06, 2016
bubelahot:

@bubelahot thanks for the info, did u use Oakbend and the paediatrician? If u did please give us the breakdown of the bill. Cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ojoyin: 8:47am On May 06, 2016
Good day wonderful people,

I am pregnant and my EDD is November,I want to travel in July to come back in December to stay with my sister and my mother(US citizens) in New Jersey.My ticket agent say I should buy ticket for 2 months and extend without declaring my intention at the POE,I will like to ask the following questions:-

1.Is it not possible to travel from July to December?
2.Do I need to register in US hospital before leaving Nigeria?
3.If i need to register,kindly put me through

I have traveled to US last year with B1/B2 visa,do I need to send a letter of intent to embassy for giving birth?

Thank you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Msp: 8:57am On May 06, 2016
goodmorning house! pls is there anyone that has used form A to send money to Doctores para ti? pls can you kindly tell me the bank you used. stanbic is refusing to process the application because Doctores is not a hospital.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutie333: 9:27am On May 06, 2016
newmomma2be:

Hi Biollar1,

I wanted to ask you about Form A @ Stanbic. I was there yesterday and was asked for 'admission letter' and invoice from the hospital. The staff explained that the admission letter indicates that the hospital has booked you.

I don't have such letter, I only have a price estimate (invoice) from them (North side hospital, Atlanta). Do you have such letter from your hospital or do you think Doctor's appointment letter will suffice?

And no, I didn't get any of your PMs.

Thank you

hi new mommato be.
am also using northside hosp in atlanta and i have been promised that my form A will be treated next week from sterling bank.
I think the doctors appointment letter will suffix. I was also given a price estimate invoice from the hospital which i also submitted. pls let me know if you are traveling late July and also are u staying with family or friend or in a rented apartment.
Regards.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sayoberry(f): 9:27am On May 06, 2016
make u people pray make Donald trump no enter o. grin as traffic don dey american hospitals now.. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:38am On May 06, 2016
ojoyin:

Good day wonderful people,

I am pregnant and my EDD is November,I want to travel in July to come back in December to stay with my sister and my mother(US citizens) in New Jersey.My ticket agent say I should buy ticket for 2 months and extend without declaring my intention at the POE,I will like to ask the following questions:-

1.Is it not possible to travel from July to December?
2.Do I need to register in US hospital before leaving Nigeria?
3.If i need to register,kindly put me through

I have traveled to US last year with B1/B2 visa,do I need to send a letter of intent to embassy for giving birth?

Thank you all.
1. You cannot stay More than 6 months legally in the US ie depending on if you are stamped in for that 6 months.cbp in their discretion can stamp u in for less. Anything more that, will require an extention.
2. It would be better for you to Register so u can have your burden of proof and not do the tango your agent is advising you to.
3. We are not agents. This is a self help thread.no 3 is is reason why this thread was created. Read the first page of this thread. Follow the steps and research by reading this thread and following the steps people have followed and posted
4. Whether u want to send a letter of intent is a matter of choice. After reading the transcripts you can decide if it will be of benefit to u or not

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:44am On May 06, 2016
sayoberry:
make u people pray make Donald trump no enter o. grin as traffic don dey american hospitals now.. grin
Nne eh! It haff turn to midnight prayer chunchin. Like play like play , this Comedy of horrors don become presumptive GOP candidate. Ha!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:50am On May 06, 2016
New oakbend mamas to be, calm down!

You don't bring a paediatrician to the hospital at birth. They have a group that handles dat (NICS). You are not in anyway allowed to source for your paediatrician. After birth, for follow up visits, they normally refer you to someone or you can make a choice yourself. For example, in my baby's discharge note, I was referred to Dr Bornstein of Pediatric Center, Richmond. I used them but later realised it was too far from where i stayed so I switched to Caring Hands Pediatrics (Dr Adesina). There are lots of pediatricians around town that you can use.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 9:54am On May 06, 2016
Varvara:
This guy answered me by Jeri.Turner@bswhealth.org
And I send message through online from directly from website

Thanks. Don't know if it's just me but I can't get their website. It totally refuses to open.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MadameU: 9:55am On May 06, 2016
Thanks VAvara you are a sweerheart. I have sent you a PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:08am On May 06, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:09am On May 06, 2016
MadameU:
Thanks VAvara you are a sweerheart. I have sent you a PM.
God's grace in this ya waka o! Na wa! Anyway I can help? PM/ quote me me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MadameU: 10:11am On May 06, 2016
Thanks LadyG. sure will do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 10:46am On May 06, 2016
phabulouschy:

@bubelahot thanks for the info, did u use Oakbend and the paediatrician? If u did please give us the breakdown of the bill. Cheers!
I used Dr z of oakbend but delivered in Houston Methodist. Hospital is topnotch. Nurses n staff are courteous and nice. Dr z is affiliated with d hospital. The new bill difference btw d w is $35 so I can a well feel like person why go born for America without seeing toomuch black....
Hospital bill is $2535. For both hospital epidural is 1500 n will be refunded if you don't use it.
The paediatrician I mentioned earlier has his office in oakbend pop d waiting room of Dr z but he can vvisit in houston Methodist...
Awaiting my zero balance from Houston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fitmaama2(f): 11:59am On May 06, 2016
Hi my good people,

Went for my and DH Visa interview on Tuesday and it was so seamless i started wondering why i was over panicking lol.

Shared my burden of Proof last week and was worried cos the only correspondence i had with the hospital was a flyer used by another NLander and a one liner from the doctors office......and pple adviced i got correspondence. Infact i stopped reading the thread cos i was going hysterical reading pples responses to my post.

So come Tuesday we got there for the 7am interview.

Got in few mins to 7.

walking down to the Embassy, those touts started asking their usual questions, photocopies, passport photos etc and i answered we got it covered till we were asked if we had a coloured copy of our data pages and i told DH i dont have that one o.

The tout insisted we needed it and being novices at the US embassy we said ok....he took us to make d copies and i brought out N200 and we were told its N1k each...i was like WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT....... who does that. Why are u exploiting us like that. The guy said if we ask around its same price imagine. I was madddddddddd.

DH ended up paying N600 for the 2 copies and said i should calm down.

For your information, the DATA PAGES were NOT REQUESTED FOR. It was a scam and we fell for it.

Another experience i'd love to share is ' Ladies, there is NO NEED CARRYING IN UR HAND BAGS TO THE EMBASSY'- most especially if u drove there. I forgot my token, flash drive and power bank in my bag by mistake and we were sent back and almost embarrassed by the security guys.

After seeing these items in my bag, they said to remove it and join the last person on the queue. This was already at 7.20am. They were already calling for the 7.30am applicants. So pple on the queue allowed us to jump the queue and go to the front but the silly security man insisted we go back cos THEY HAD WARNED US AGAINST THINGS TO BRING IN.

DH was so upset insisting the man should use his discretion naaaaaawwwwwww, that this isnt fair but instead he left an instruction at the main gate NOT TO ALLOW THIS COUPLE GO IN UNLESS HE SAYS SO- imagineeeeee.

Just told DH to lets go back and not to give the devil a chance......lol.

After few minutes, the security man now said OYA come forward- NEXT TIME LISTEN TO INSTRUCTION......imagine.

I didnt say a word. Just entered lol.

My next post would be on the transcript proper. I am glad i can share my own real life experience for others to learn from

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fitmaama2(f): 12:14pm On May 06, 2016
i read somewhere on one of these threads that if u go for ur interview as a couple, let the man do the talking. Unless of cos u are asked specifically. i did just that cos with all the drama of the morning i was super nervous already.

Got my hair done on Monday to ensure i look presentable. Wore a free dress too as i am 21 weeks already and my bum is like 30 somethings already lol.

So here is my transcript;
We exchanged pleasantries
VO: Why are you going to the US
DH: For vacation and for the birth of our child- (he said this squeezing my shoulders)
VO: Whats the budget for the trip
DH: $19,500
VO: What do u do for work?
DH: I am the ....................................................
VO: Where in the US are you going to?
DH: McKinney, Texas
VO: Why that choice?
DH: We have a close friend who lives there and recommended
VO: Any correspondence from the doctor/hospital

Now this was were fear catch me...............I handed over what i had to DH who handed over to the VO.

VO collected and went through. He typed in somethings for few minutes and then announced our Visas have been granted.

Bank statements not asked for.....nothing more. It must have been God.

Now is to buy tickets and start PTA hustle. I pray for the same favor from God.

It would end in praise for us all IJN, Amen.

Would keep u all posted.

37 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by vcole: 12:32pm On May 06, 2016
Congrats fitmaama2, congrats zumabeezle

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fitmaama2(f): 12:34pm On May 06, 2016
vcole:
Congrats fitmaama2, congrats zumabeezle

Thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebiv: 12:46pm On May 06, 2016
Hi dear, pls I want to ask you abt this emirates pole... Am also using them from abj to Houston with my 21 months toodler... Pls did you buy a seat for your child and what kind of food did tbey serve to him esp on d Dubai- Houston flight cos it's really long... Thanks dear. quote author=prolify post=45352611]Finally!!!!ahn ahn...it's hard to kip up with part 4,Anyhooo....
In the spirit of giving back grin grin grin (I've always wanted to say this)
Travelled via emirates on the 29th with my 14 month old,the journey combined is about 24+ hours(preggies beware!!!)
Fast Forward to houston POE
CBP-What are u here for?
Me-Vacation
CBP-How long would you be here for?
Me-2 months +some
CBP-When was the last time you were in d U.S?and how long did you stay?
Me-Last year and 5months
CBP-What did you come for?
Me-Came to have my baby
CBP Stamps me in and says have a nice day
Me-Thanks and have a great day
No secondary inspection but had to go to agriculture cos of the orishirishi my mum packed for my sister.
In my experience Emirates is a fantastic airline but the downside is the flight is too loonnnggg especially if you are traveling with a toddler,the stress was a bit too much for both of us.the upside is that I was given a meal voucher and I got to choose whatever restaurant I wanted to eat at,lo was given alot of toys however he was a tad bit too restless to play with them,the 4hours transit went by fast.
That's about what happened people.
Thanks to all the selfless people on this thread,God would respond to your prayers swiftly and you would reap a bountiful harvest when you least expect.AMEN!!![/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ajiedeko(f): 12:53pm On May 06, 2016
Hello Bubelahot.
Congrats on the arrival of your bundle of joy. Pls I just sent u a pm. I intend to use Dr. Dama too. I want to inquire from u on accommodation. Will appreciate your response.

bubelahot:
I am currently using Dr Dama. And no complaint.
Will not be using oakbend thou but Houston Methodist.praying for safe delivery. kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Harjeehbaday(m): 1:19pm On May 06, 2016
bubelahot:

I used Dr z of oakbend but delivered in Houston Methodist. Hospital is topnotch. Nurses n staff are courteous and nice. Dr z is affiliated with d hospital. The new bill difference btw d w is $35 so I can a well feel like person why go born for America without seeing toomuch black....
Hospital bill is $2535. For both hospital epidural is 1500 n will be refunded if you don't use it.
The paediatrician I mentioned earlier has his office in oakbend pop d waiting room of Dr z but he can vvisit in houston Methodist...
Awaiting my zero balance from Houston

Congrats Bubelahot,
Can you please share a summary of your bills, am using Houston Medical Sugarland and Dr Amajoh in August..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 1:20pm On May 06, 2016
ajiedeko:

Hello Bubelahot.
Congrats on the arrival of your bundle of joy. Pls I just sent u a pm. I intend to use Dr. Dama too. I want to inquire from u on accommodation. Will appreciate your response.

I sent u a reply ...thanks dear....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 1:21pm On May 06, 2016
Harjeehbaday:

Congrats Bubelahot,
Can you please share a summary of your bills, am using Houston Medical Sugarland and Dr Amajoh in August..
Awaiting my zero balance but hospital bill is 2535
Epidural is 1500
Will keep u updated....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by najalady86: 1:23pm On May 06, 2016
Hello People.
Thought I should share my POE experience.

Came in to LAX on 24th April via emirates. Flight from Dubai to Lax was toooooo long. Thank God I met a nice lady whose gist helped me endure the long trip. More so there was notthing spectacular about emirates service. The flight from Lagos to Dubai was like being in a Molue. Lol. Don't think I will ever use them again.
Anyway, back to POE gist.

After arrival, went to the ladies to refresh. Then joined the queue. But it was too long. I then motioned to an officer who was passing and informed her that i was pregnant and cant stand for too long. She took me to the front.I had already brougt out my documents including receipts of previous missionary journey.
Got there,
Office: can I have youR passport
Me: obliged
Officer: what is in the envelope you are holding?
Me: oh I am pregnant and here to have my baby. These are the receipt of hospitals and doctors fees i paid last time and those are the details of the hospital i will be using this time.
Officer: Oh OK. so you had a baby here last time. how must did you pay in total?
Me: approx 6500.
Officer: just to have a baby, that's a lot.
ME: well we want the best for our health and babies.
Officer: So how much do you have on you right now
Me: 500 dollars. But have my debut card loaded with funds. (Meanwhile he had scanned my fingers while we were talking.)
Officer: ok. He then stamped me in till October 24th and wished me safe delivery.
Didn't take up to 3 minutes. No secondary inspection. Went to the agriculture but bag was not opened.

Couldn't get PTA after all my suffer head waka. One lady at stanbic seemed to have fun telling people "funds are not available for PTA" lol. I don't blame them. They Now act like Gods. People that use to disturb you to open acct. And sell all sorts of product. I blame this senseless CBN monetory policy.

Now gathering up funds gradually. Stanbic is charging 296. Daily withdrawal limit is 150. Have been withdrawing 300 per day with two cards. It's better than buying at 320 in Naija.
Tried form A for Dr. Bills but stanbic refused. Said they only pay to hospital. And hospital is not accepting wire transfer.

It is well my people. God will make providence.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 1:25pm On May 06, 2016
congrats fitmaama2!

You will continue to share testimonies

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Harjeehbaday(m): 1:32pm On May 06, 2016
bubelahot:

Awaiting my zero balance but hospital bill is 2535
Epidural is 1500
Will keep u updated....

Thanks for your prompt response, will be waiting...I hope there are no other hidden charges cos this dollar scarcity is real oooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 1:34pm On May 06, 2016
bubelahot:

And pricey jo.
$135 for frst visit
$120 for subsequent
All minus tests/vaccine

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 1:38pm On May 06, 2016
Yay! Got the white paper. Your visa has been approved.

The queue long small, DH already told me to brace up for the standing (DH has been there in 2009 and even travelled but never renewed). That I should not behave like spineless.

To the transcript
US: good morning
VO: good morning
VO: why are you going to the US
Me: childbirth and vacation
VO: where in US
DH: elpaso Texas
VO: Which hospital
Me: Sierra providence
DH brought out documents to show her o, she wasn't interested sef, said she was only talking and not asking for any document
VO: tell me about the hospital
Me: I repeated Sierra providence health network
VO: what do u do?
Me: I work with Bleep (voice shaking/stammering).
DH: I work with Bleep
VO: how much will this trip cost you
Me: btw 15 to 18k
VO: how to you intend to source for the funds
Me: through form A, PTA
DH: and parallel market, we also have some dollars in our domicillary account

Then she types for a long time

Then she said your visa has been approved. This is just a permission. You need to convince cbp of your capacity to pay and make sure you pay all your bills or else you will be denied entry next time

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.