Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (896683 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 1:39pm On May 06, 2016
Congrats fitmaama2. Nothing superceeds God's favor. Good afternoon fellow mummies wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 1:40pm On May 06, 2016
Ajujuju2:

And pricey jo.
$135 for frst visit
$120 for subsequent
All minus tests/vaccine
Loll, there is power of bargaining. Cash paying too. don't think I payed that much ooo
But circumcision was pricey but he did a good job. Naija style. ..
So if no circumcision. .. Bargain with am well. Price go reduce
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 1:49pm On May 06, 2016
@ Dabira19: I saw your e mail. I don't know aw to pm o
Dabira19:
Congrats fitmaama2. Nothing superceeds God's favor. Good afternoon fellow mummies wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Imo007: 1:51pm On May 06, 2016
MadameU:
Please i need help,Mamas and Papas away at the moment, please can anyone help out with making further enquiries about the old/reviewed MIHS maternity package, I have called and talked but they keep holding and passing without displaying any knowledge of the info i need from them and finished all the money i in my wallet yesterday on calls, My people abeg if you get that free local calls service please help me call them and ask if that maternity package of 2014 was offered at the low rates at the time because the US government covered a substantial part of the bill. Or was it actually a discounted rate offered to self pay patients Abeg, I even asked for Francisca Hernandez the then financial counselor but they claim shes no longer with them.
i am trying to get more facts and build on points to reapply.
My head is hot. thanks all.

I dont think the old MIHS bill is in relation to any US government anything. I asked and asked then because i wanted to be sure. It was a discounted rate offered to self pay patients. A couple other hospitals in Arizona had similar discounted rates. Tucson still offers such. So i dont think it was any government related.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 1:54pm On May 06, 2016
@ dabira19: I saw your mail o. I don't know how to pm

Dabira19:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MadameU: 3:32pm On May 06, 2016
Yea thanks Imo007. I appreciate ya. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phabulouschy: 3:56pm On May 06, 2016
feddy27:
New oakbend mamas to be, calm down!

You don't bring a paediatrician to the hospital at birth. They have a group that handles dat (NICS). You are not in anyway allowed to source for your paediatrician. After birth, for follow up visits, they normally refer you to someone or you can make a choice yourself. For example, in my baby's discharge note, I was referred to Dr Bornstein of Pediatric Center, Richmond. I used them but later realised it was too far from where i stayed so I switched to Caring Hands Pediatrics (Dr Adesina). There are lots of pediatricians around town that you can use.

@feddy27

Thanks for this info!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phabulouschy: 4:03pm On May 06, 2016
bubelahot:

I used Dr z of oakbend but delivered in Houston Methodist. Hospital is topnotch. Nurses n staff are courteous and nice. Dr z is affiliated with d hospital. The new bill difference btw d w is $35 so I can a well feel like person why go born for America without seeing toomuch black....
Hospital bill is $2535. For both hospital epidural is 1500 n will be refunded if you don't use it.
The paediatrician I mentioned earlier has his office in oakbend pop d waiting room of Dr z but he can vvisit in houston Methodist...
Awaiting my zero balance from Houston

Thanks for your response, I am following u, pls follow me so dat I can send u an email. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Zumabeezle: 4:13pm On May 06, 2016
Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
Apologies to those who directed statements at me and i haven't replied. I'm a first time mum so I'm having a hard time adjusting. I'm always tired n have developed high blood pressure. But God is on d throne.
I went into Labour at 35weeks. For d person who asked.
As per d interview, what i did differently was to let the money sit in my account for 1 month. No sudden deposits. And the only deposit that came was from my husband and i printed his statement of account to prove it.
Hope that helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 4:56pm On May 06, 2016
Harjeehbaday:

Thanks for your prompt response, will be waiting...I hope there are no other hidden charges cos this dollar scarcity is real oooo
Will get the zero balance review by next we. Will keep you posted...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 5:08pm On May 06, 2016
phabulouschy:

Thanks for this info!

You are welcome dear and good luck in your journey
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 5:18pm On May 06, 2016
My people pls a random question.

1. My visa is in my old passport. I have a new passport and I have done change of name. When travelling, all I need is to present both passports(expired old one passport with visa and new passport with surname changed).

2.Please when travelling to London for instance, with your toddler, do I have to carry any document to show I the mum? Eg birth cert. Tho I have changed my name so our surnames are the same.

Since I'm not going with hubby, just my lil one, does hubby need to write a consent letter saying he's her dad and consents to my travelling with her.

Questions may sound silly but pls I need answers.

Please note that this trip is to London not America.

Thanks pple.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 5:22pm On May 06, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

isysleek:

1. My visa is in my old passport. I have a new passport and I have done change of name. When travelling, all I need is to present both passports(expired old one passport with visa and new passport with surname changed).

2.Please when travelling to London for instance, with your toddler, do I have to carry any document to show I the mum? Eg birth cert. Tho I have changed my name so our surnames are the same.

Since I'm not going with hubby, just my lil one, does hubby need to write a consent letter saying he's her dad and consents to my travelling with her.

Thanks pple.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lookers191: 5:34pm On May 06, 2016
Good afternoon people.I have bn following the thread for a while and I think the info here is priceless.To start with,I think my reading threads here is even a testimony because I posted in another thread,enquring about how to go about a tourist visa with wifey,and just about then,a preggy that we've bn long waiting for happened.so immediately,there was change of plans to go the medical visit for childbirth way.
I've bn making a lot of contacts to different hospitals and Dr's with no response until this afternoon when I got a response from Dr Z of oakbend. it is a 5-paged pdf file with different payment details and delivery options.Now I want to know if this is what I to prepare a budget sheet or I still need them to do me a personalised e-mail.
thank you all and stay blessed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lawyer123: 6:21pm On May 06, 2016
Please can you give examples of these things that are not worth shipping.Thanks!
ozycy:

So so true. It's not everything that is worth buying in bulk to ship.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bukenzoo(f): 6:37pm On May 06, 2016
Good day house,thanks for all d information on this trend,am presently in New york and will b due in end of June but realise their bill is on the high side .please any information on affordable hospital in New york,maryland, Houston Texas or Dallas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:59pm On May 06, 2016
Lawyer123:

Please can you give examples of these things that are not worth shipping.Thanks!
Haba!
Make a list of what you need.
Check the local prices.
Check the price in the US.
Do an analysis based n your pocket power and decide which is worth buying In the us.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oyin3: 7:07pm On May 06, 2016
[quote author=isysleek post=45373080]My people pls a random question.

Please note that this trip is to London not America. ..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 7:40pm On May 06, 2016
isysleek:

Thanks pple.

U might also add the papers for your change of name
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kemmytino(f): 7:58pm On May 06, 2016
swappylove:
Hi all,
Pls for people who got their baby's US passport at a passport agency did u have to show your baby's ticket or your own ticket as proof of travel?

Ur own ticket is good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 8:00pm On May 06, 2016
Lawyer123:

The truth is that MOST things in naija are fake.if u can afford it I advise u go for baby food and clothes, ur clothes and clothes and shoes for the older kids, body cream and soap (I buy soap and cream here because my kids react to the same brand when I buy at home. I won't advise anyone to buy diapers and wipe.(na use and throw away). If the money too much u can consider items like bedsheets,blanket ,beverages, cereal, cooking oil. Na ur pocket ( and calculator ) go tell u

But one should also consider the harsh economy and think wisely before buying else one might end up buying things u might not need or even cheaper in naija.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by newmomma2be: 8:14pm On May 06, 2016
Hi cutie333,

I am yet to get an appointment letter from the doctor. Am following up with with the doctor's office for that.
I will visit sterling bank on Monday with the price estimate and see if that will be accepted so that I can process through them. Did you also submit your doctor's appointment letter?
I will be travelling in June, am a July mom and I will be staying with Family.

Thanks.

cutie333:

hi new mommato be.
am also using northside hosp in atlanta and i have been promised that my form A will be treated next week from sterling bank.
I think the doctors appointment letter will suffix. I was also given a price estimate invoice from the hospital which i also submitted. pls let me know if you are traveling late July and also are u staying with family or friend or in a rented apartment.
Regards.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 8:57pm On May 06, 2016
Harjeehbaday:

Congrats Bubelahot,
Can you please share a summary of your bills, am using Houston Medical Sugarland and Dr Amajoh in August..

Hi @harjeehbaday...also due in August and using Amajoh grin grin. Excited to see someone using the same doc and due the same time. When do you intend traveling.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Amother4life: 9:28pm On May 06, 2016
isysleek:

Thanks pple.

Yes . If your visa is still valid you can travel to the United States with your two passports, as long as the visa is valid, not damaged, and is the appropriate type of visa required for your principal purpose of travel. (Example: tourist visa, when your principal purpose of travel is tourism). Both passports (the valid and the expired one with the visa) should be from the same country and type (Example: both Nigerian regular passports, both official passports, etc.). When you arrive at the U.S. port-of-entry (POE, generally an airport or land border) the Customs and Border Protection Immigration Officer will check your visa in the old passport and if s/he decides to admit you into the United States they will stamp your new passport with an admission stamp along with the annotation "VIOPP" (visa in other passport).

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 9:51pm On May 06, 2016
@Cheldas

Noun is online. Abeg no fall my hand.

Congratulations to all the mamas and successful Poe/visas

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:55pm On May 06, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
@Cheldas

Noun is online. Abeg no fall my hand.

Congratulations to all the mamas and successful Poe/visas
I taya!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sennystudio: 10:05pm On May 06, 2016
Hello mama's in the house, thanks for your selfless contributions you are all doing a great job. I've been following thing thread for a while and I decided to register tonight.
My questions goes thus:
My husband lives and work in South Africa and I just got my temporary residential visa with my kids, now am expecting, do I need to apply for B1/B2 visa in SA or I need to come back to Nig?
Should I apply with my hubby or he should apply later after we ve gotten ours?
What is our chances if we applied in SA?
Thanks for the good work once again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by larrytoks: 10:29pm On May 06, 2016
newmomma2be:
Hi cutie333,

I am yet to get an appointment letter from the doctor. Am following up with with the doctor's office for that.
I will visit sterling bank on Monday with the price estimate and see if that will be accepted so that I can process through them. Did you also submit your doctor's appointment letter?
I will be travelling in June, am a July mom and I will be staying with Family.

Thanks.

Hiya! Travelling in June as well and due in July. We should jam in Atlanta. By the way, how did you get account details of the hospital?
I've preregistered online and as advised by Ify4charm but just got an auto reply mail, nothing else since then. I've also called the preregistration and financial counselling departments severally but no one ever picks.
What else can I do please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 11:20pm On May 06, 2016
Lawyer123:

Diaper and wipe is a no no for me cos there are good diapers and wipe in naija at a cheaper price. You can buy about one or 2cartons you will use when baby arrives and carry the remaining ones back home.
Buy more of clothes, shoes, toys cos they are light weight and your bag can contain much of it without giving you extra extra luggage. You can also buy your baby milk, cereals. But with this exchange rate now, I don't think even buying baby milk is cost effective these days cos I just did my calculations and noticed that my tin of baby milk I normally buy here in Naija is going for a cheaper price than US price. So imagine filling one extra bag with baby diaper ,wipe, milk etc and you still pay $200 which is #60,000 to transport the bag sad . do your calculations
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ye2ndearisto: 11:32pm On May 06, 2016
bukenzoo:
Good day house,thanks for all d information on this trend,am presently in New york and will b due in end of June but realise their bill is on the high side .please any information on affordable hospital in New york,maryland, Houston Texas or Dallas
Oakbend and Methodist in Houston texas is about the cheapest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by julzz(f): 12:17am On May 07, 2016
blaize777:
Pls wat d total cost of baby passport and nig visa urgent plsssssss and procedure

Abt $500
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by julzz(f): 12:20am On May 07, 2016
lookers191:
Good afternoon people.I have bn following the thread for a while and I think the info here is priceless.To start with,I think my reading threads here is even a testimony because I posted in another thread,enquring about how to go about a tourist visa with wifey,and just about then,a preggy that we've bn long waiting for happened.so immediately,there was change of plans to go the medical visit for childbirth way.
I've bn making a lot of contacts to different hospitals and Dr's with no response until this afternoon when I got a response from Dr Z of oakbend. it is a 5-paged pdf file with different payment details and delivery options.Now I want to know if this is what I to prepare a budget sheet or I still need them to do me a personalised e-mail.
thank you all and stay blessed.

Yes, prepare your budget sheet with quote sent to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.