Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

If You Are Into Car Registration Pls Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If You Are Into Car Registration Pls Help (691 Views)

Double Car Registration / Cost Of Car Registration In Abuja / Car Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Into Car Registration Pls Help by princemillla(m): 9:45am On Apr 01, 2016
Happy new month people.
I sold my car to someone with new plate number and all necessary document including road worthiness, insurance policy, and vehicle license.

But the person insist that I mustn't remove the plate number which was registered on my name.

The guy I bought the car from in the first place remove his own and I had to process another one whirh change of ownershp.

Pls what is the next step, should I allow him take the plate number wich is registered with my information or simply remove it.

Appreciating your response in anticipation u
Re: If You Are Into Car Registration Pls Help by lourash(m): 10:46am On Apr 01, 2016
Question is do you have use for the number ? It's useless except you Want to use it on a tokunbo car . It can not be used on any registered car again , then the guy you sold ur car to will also need to get another number when he tries to do the change of ownership... I 'd say you let him have it if you don't have need for it . Just make sure you sign a document to show that you have sold the car to him incase of any future trouble
Re: If You Are Into Car Registration Pls Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:57am On Apr 01, 2016
princemillla:
Happy new month people.
I sold my car to someone with new plate number and all necessary document including road worthiness, insurance policy, and vehicle license.

But the person insist that I mustn't remove the plate number which was registered on my name.

The guy I bought the car from in the first place remove his own and I had to process another one whirh change of ownershp.

Pls what is the next step, should I allow him take the plate number wich is registered with my information or simply remove it.

remove your number and sell. Or insist he pays for a change of ownership as prerequisite to the sale. If a crime is committed with your plates, it will be traced to you the seller.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Into Car Registration Pls Help by pattybf(f): 11:11am On Apr 01, 2016
princemillla:
Happy new month people.

Pls remove ur plate n sell, it is his duty to get a change of ownership n plate replacement which will get his name and information on d documents.

As already pointed out, a crime committed wt d car will be traced to u.

But u must provide him wt necessary docs to process his docs to be returned to u later.
Re: If You Are Into Car Registration Pls Help by princemillla(m): 3:37pm On Apr 01, 2016
Thank you all appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Urgently In Need Of A Toyota Camry / Is The New Tinted Permit Still Active? / 2008 Nissan Qashqai Ecu Needed Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.