Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

How Do My Align My Steering Wheel,it Has An Airbag In It - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do My Align My Steering Wheel,it Has An Airbag In It (1154 Views)

Reasons Why Steering Wheel Always Hard To Turn / GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) / Toyota FV2 Futuristic Vehicle Doesn’t Use Steering Wheel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do My Align My Steering Wheel,it Has An Airbag In It by nedu2000(m): 12:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
I own a ford transit and I aligned the tyres with the steering wheel but the man doing it said that because of the airbag inside the steering only the tyres can be aligned. It's really uncomfortable as a result as the steering wheel is as shown below and i'm unable to see the contents of the dashboard.pls is there any way it can be corrected?

Pic 1: shows how it is when the tyres are straight
Pic 2: shows how I wish the steering to be when tyres are straight

Thanks in anticipation of an answer

Re: How Do My Align My Steering Wheel,it Has An Airbag In It by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
Na u Wan repair am or na mechanic? grin
PERFECTDANNY
Re: How Do My Align My Steering Wheel,it Has An Airbag In It by mayor2013: 1:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
nedu2000:
I own a ford transit and I aligned the tyres with the steering wheel but the man doing it said that because of the airbag inside the steering only the tyres can be aligned. It's really uncomfortable as a result as the steering wheel is as shown below and i'm unable to see the contents of the dashboard.pls is there any way it can be corrected?

Pic 1: shows how it is when the tyres are straight
Pic 2: shows how I wish the steering to be when tyres are straight

Thanks in anticipation of an answer

Simple. Go to your hood take out the negative terminal of your battery for saftey reason so as to avoid deploying your airbag. Located 2 hex screw side by side of the sterring close to the steering. Take them out inorder to remove the airbag. Once airbag is out locate a 17mm nut, your might be a different size located at the center of the steering. Take it out. Once out tap the extreme sides (left and right extreme) of the steering with both hands. This is done inorder to take steering out easily. Once done readjust steering to its normal position.

Note of warning : before doing this make sure your car is parked on a straight lane and all wheels are straight Aslo if clock spring or steering angle sensor is rotated during the process. MKe sure you take it out and recount the spiral cable to its recommended turns. You don't wana joke with this part cos if you do. You are gonna damage your steering angle sensor and you loose your horn working like wise any buttons installed on your steering would not work, also your airbag light becomes illuminated, pen down

3 Likes

Re: How Do My Align My Steering Wheel,it Has An Airbag In It by nedu2000(m): 1:19pm On Apr 01, 2016
@Mayor2013 perfectdanny,i would prefer a mechanic in lagos pls close to festac axis
Re: How Do My Align My Steering Wheel,it Has An Airbag In It by mayor2013: 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
nedu2000:
@Mayor2013 perfectdanny,i would prefer a mechanic in lagos pls close to festac axis

Visit multi autolab at 13 alhaji olarewaju yekini akesan bustop igando lagos. 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: How Do My Align My Steering Wheel,it Has An Airbag In It by nedu2000(m): 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
mayor2013:

Visit multi autolab at 13 alhaji olarewaju yekini akesan bustop igando lagos. 08165520837 or 08156087872
thank you

(1) (Reply)

China Has Built Elevated Bus That Drives Above Other Cars In Traffic / My Hobby Is Buying New Cars–Dino Melaye / Volvo Car For Urgent Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.