Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July (63300 Views)

Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR / Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online / Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
From July, Nigerians Will Need Visa To Enter Ghana

Ghanaian President, John Dramani Mahama has said that citizens from Nigeria and other African countries must apply for visas before allowed entry into Ghana.

The President said visas will be issued at the entry point and would attract an option of 30 days stay in the country.

This policy will take off from July before they will. be allowed to enter Ghana.

“With effect from July this year, we will be allowing citizens of AU Member States to enter our country and obtain visas on arrival with the option to stay for up to thirty days and experience what our country has to offer,” said President Mahama in his address.

www.nairametrics.com/ghanaian-president-says-nigerians-others-must-obtain-visa-to-enter-ghana-from-july/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Mskrisx(f): 2:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
Uncle please tell us a stooooory....

Threaten all u can...na we get here...9ja

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by thesicilian: 2:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hope this is not an April 1st scam

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
thesicilian:
Hope this is not an April 1st scam
Lool, not atallz. The link is there for verification.
Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
What is ECOWAS?

129 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
April fool time don pass o,check your time piece

10 Likes

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:37pm On Apr 01, 2016
Mskrisx:
Uncle please tell us a stooooory....
The toori don set oh. Berra prep ur mind if you plan to "hit" ghana from july #visa thangz

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Flexherbal(m): 2:39pm On Apr 01, 2016
Politicians can still get in and out at any time.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by RevDesm0ndJuju: 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
georjay:

really

E go do you like dream.

Why will the Ghanian president suddenly issue such immigration restrictions?

Think!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Chubhie: 2:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
I trust buhari to cut Gas supply to Ghana and also ban alomo bitters.

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by RevDesm0ndJuju: 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
Chubhie:
I trust buhari to cut Gas supply to Ghana and also ban alomo bitters.

Which gas supply?

I laff.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
The crazy thing is for some time now, nigerians are forced to get resident permits to stay a shortwhile @ ghana despite the fact we are under ECOWAS. I ddont see how this will foster unity betweenm both countries coz one is about to exploit the other. Shey 9ja dey issue visa to ghanians? Maybe they scared of nigerians increasing population....xenophobia in disguise

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Chubhie: 2:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Which gas supply?

I laff.

Buhari must respond by sending out a clear message. This is an insult to big brother Nigeria! A giant of africa. I doubt the story tho.

11 Likes

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Kommen(m): 2:51pm On Apr 01, 2016
grin grin
Good development grin
Pls add interviews grin
Nigeria giant of Africa my foot grin

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by RevDesm0ndJuju: 2:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
The crazy thing is for some time now, nigerians are forced to get resident permits to stay a shortwhile @ ghana despite the fact we are under ECOWAS. I ddont see how this will foster unity betweenm both countries coz one is about to exploit the other. Shey 9ja dey issue visa to ghanians? Maybe they scared of nigerians increasing population....xenophobia in disguise

The Duara goat has started putting pressure on the Ghanian govt for rightly refusing his fellow criminal Fulani herdsmen from entering Ghana freely.

This move by the Ghanian govt is to have all entering Ghana to be documented.

ECOWAs still remains a free migration zone for all member states.

The Ghanian govt hopes to ensure only those with legal passports can enter Ghana and that they must be documented !

Most of you on nairaland have no single trace of cognitive reasoning and can't seem to understand what this new immigration policy by Ghana is meant to curtail.

ECOWAS, if I must remind you does not have sovereignty over any of it's member states!

West Africa is not some liberal cesspit EU that allows millions of undocumented migrants in!

Use your brains for once!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by RevDesm0ndJuju: 2:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
Chubhie:

Buhari must respond by sending out a clear message. This is an insult to big brother Nigeria! A giant of africa. I doubt the story tho.

See my post above and see how this move by the Ghanian govt may be in response to Buhari's under table diplomatic arm twisting arising from Ghana's refusal to have Fulani herdsmen free entry into their country.

If anybody is to be blamed for this, it's the sectional bigot who champions Fulani roaming rights above civil peace within the ECOWAS zone.

The Ghanians have been hearing and reading of Fulani militias operating freely with tacit support of the Nigerian army and govt .

This is one of many diplomatic gaffes this clueless daft Islamist almajiri president has brought upon our nation.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
Chubhie:

For the doubting thomases, here is another link on Silverbird website.
www.silverbirdtv.com/politics/11791-nigerians-others-must-obtain-visa-enter-ghana-july-mahama
Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by RevDesm0ndJuju: 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2016
Recap to this thread...

TheDevilIsALai:

[size=18pt]Buhari's Growing list of Enemy nations[/size]

1. Iran : Killing Shiites and signing Nigeria off to the evil Sunni alliance that is fronting on combating their own monster, ISIS is one sure way of making Iran your enemy.

2. Israel : Poke nosing and doing busy body over Palestine independence with Jerusalem as their capital is a sure way to get Israel considering you as a boko.

3. Morocco : backing independence of Western Sahara from Morocco all because they are Arab will surely make the king of that country think you must be smoking Saudi hashish.

4. Cameroon : side lining the only true genuine and effective ally in the fight against Boko haram lunatics in place of dubious nations like Niger and Chad which have allowed free flow of weapons and recruits to Boko haram from their countries. To make matters worse the Boko king refused to visit cameroun but chose to visit Idris Derby of Chad. The same Idris Derby visit that that midget accused Jonathan of going to plan more attacks with. The same Idris Derby who is married to a Sudanese war Lord janjawiid's daughter that was implicated in genocide in Darfur.

5. Russia and Boss Putin : for allowing that fake wannabe sultan and ISIS patron , Erdogan visit Nigeria for whatever silly reason.

Before the Boko king is finally booted out I see North Korea having more international diplomatic currency than Nigeria under the Boko king Buhari.

TheDevilIsALai:

Let me also add Ghana giving that 7 of his boko Fulani cousins got rightfully wacked in that country. I expect Buhari to storm Ghana soon in envoy with El Rufai and Sanusi demanding answers to their death.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by yang(m): 3:06pm On Apr 01, 2016
ECOWAS was always a failed experiment

With the Hausa/Fulani exporting their religion using a holy war in the guise of cattle rearing southwards and the sophisticated cowards printing the e-passport at Ikeja Under bridge

The Ghanians have been smart, seeing the zoo has fallen

The west african gas pipeline and the Trans saharan gas pipeline are all examples of the stupidity of the black man in the zoo

The idiots piped gas from escravos to tema and lome while communities in Mbiama and okrika were living in darkness, cannot pump drinking water and fetch cooking water from the same water body where they pass faeces

Be rest assured that a long border fence will be built to keep the Northerners from the zoo out!!!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by tpiah01: 3:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
They didnt need visas before?

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Chubhie: 3:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
RevDesm0ndJuju:

See my post above and see how this move by the Ghanian govt may be in response to Buhari's under table diplomatic arm twisting arising from Ghana's refusal to have Fulani herdsmen free entry into their country.

If anybody is to be blamed for this, it's the sectional bigot who champions Fulani roaming rights above civil peace within the ECOWAS zone.

The Ghanians have been hearing and reading of Fulani militias operating freely with tacit support of the Nigerian army and govt .

This is one of many diplomatic gaffes this clueless daft Islamist almajiri president has brought upon our nation.
There are no established connections yet between the fulani menace and Buhari. I actually left Ghana few months ago using a Ghanaian passport. I believe it's in their interest to secure their borders cos at the rate Nigerians are running away from Nigeria into Ghana can collapse what ever working structures are in place.

It is quite unhealthy for Ghana to allow people in with only I.D card and won't want to go back. If this will make Nigerian government sit up I'm in support of Mahama. Let's see how buhari responds.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by chinchum(m): 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
this will not apply to ECOWAS countries.

I carry an ECOWAS passport
Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by knuckbuck(m): 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
How much go be visa fee to Ghana?
Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Chubhie: 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

For the doubting thomases, here is another link on Silverbird website.
www.silverbirdtv.com/politics/11791-nigerians-others-must-obtain-visa-enter-ghana-july-mahama
Oh, so it's true!!! Ghana will make a kill issuing visas to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by RevDesm0ndJuju: 3:12pm On Apr 01, 2016
Chubhie:

There are no established connections yet between the fulani menace and Buhari. I actually left Ghana few months ago using a Ghanaian passport. I believe it's in their interest to secure their borders cos at the rate Nigerians are running away from Nigeria into Ghana can collapse what ever working structures are in place.

It is quite unhealthy for Ghana to allow people in with only I.D card and won't want to go back. If this will make Nigerian government sit up I'm in support of Mahama. Let's see how buhari responds.

The Ghanian authorities have been having serious security issues with Nigerian Fulani herdsmen

Police confirm 11 killed allegedly by Fulani herdsmen in two years

Category: General News JANUARY 29, 2016 176

The police have confirmed that within the past two years, 11 people have lost their lives on their farms allegedly as a result of altercations with Fulani herdsmen in the Agogo area.

The last killing occurred as recent as January 11, this year.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 01, 2016
To hell with em and RevDesm0ndJuju

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Hotels And Restaurants Spotted In India (PHOTOS) / Accident On Third Mainland Bridge Throws Man's Leg Inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) / Man Shares Photo Of What He Saw In An 'Ibadan' Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.