Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1004360 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by VTIA: 9:49am On May 28, 2016
Jayne07:

When did you graduate? What av u been doing since den? Did you get a police report from Malaysia? Did u write a letter of explanation?
God bless Jayne....yes i got a letter from the school i enrolled with in Malaysia that i wanna travel home.
i graduated since 2010 .....i served in 2011 and finished 2012...... i claimed to be working with my sponsor since i graduated from school until i left for Malaysia and when i came back i started working with him as a quality control manager .... please can u advice me if i should print out the picture of my 4 bedroom apartment some finishing works are still remaining in the building ...i only have a plan document of the house not yet taken to town planning .... thanks sir/ma.....please put me tru in what to do .i appreciate your interest in my progress ....God be with u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 9:53am On May 28, 2016
what level is the program you're going for......are you going to obtain an advanced diploma in biotechnlogy after a bsc in biotechnology?
Who is your sponsor? how is he related?

what letters did you submit to back up your claim of working with him ever since....?

If my first statement is right, then focus on changing that before you think of telling a more compelling story about yourself to the VO....

VTIA:

God bless Jayne....yes i got a letter from the school i enrolled with in Malaysia that i wanna travel home.
i graduated since 2010 .....i served in 2011 and finished 2012...... i claimed to be working with my sponsor since i graduated from school until i left for Malaysia and when i came back i started working with him as a quality control manager .... please can u advice me if i should print out the picture of my 4 bedroom apartment some finishing works are still remaining in the building ...i only have a plan document of the house not yet taken to town planning .... thanks sir/ma.....please put me tru in what to do .i appreciate your interest in my progress ....God be with u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by angelangelangel: 10:08am On May 28, 2016
see very simple...Try to get master admission which i recommend and if you can not get post graduate admission and explain the reson you opt for postgraduate instead of master.. and submit thesame document. do not disturb your self .....
VTIA:

qood morning to you all, glad to be part of this forum, i just got delayed....
1.purpose of visit......that is all that was stated ....the agent said i should resumit again with legal back up from a lawyer soliciting on my behalf and he said i should submit the same document back . please my brethren, kindly advice me on what to ....am September intake......God bless you has you put me tru ...we shall never be put to shame ijn.

submitted match 10th(Paper route)
got dispatched mail on 18th May..
soa=inflow cash 490million , Outflow 478million
closing balance= 10.2million (is a personal and company account of my sponsor )
travel history = Malaysia (1st of October, 2014......came back to the country 4th of April,2015 was still valid till october 14th 2015. decided not to go back cos i could not cope there and the joblessness tin).
personal land agreement document
Bsc.=Plant Science and Biotechnology
program applied for=Biotechnology Advanced (a Professional course )
affidavit from sponsorship
letter from the bank
first semsester payment=6,300CAD
police report at alagbon
admission letter from the college
i never did advanced medical and there was no medical call afterwards
was delayed based on:
Purpose of Visit only ....that i havent satisfy them that i will return back to my country of residence.
please my bosses ....kindly help me to tackle this reason of my denial ...God will meet you all at the point of your needs ijn ....God will favour now and beyond at every point of your needs ijn ...please help me .....what i needed to include and return back the application so i can meet up with September intake
please brethren help me with good suggestions please am begging
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by VTIA: 10:10am On May 28, 2016
Jayne07:

When did you graduate? What av u been doing since den? Did you get a police report from Malaysia? Did u write a letter of explanation?
Nadia94:

Im interested in this guys case oooo
Gurus please help him ooo...

@Nadia94.......i may not know you ...but your interest in my case gladden my heart and i am so happy for your unconditional love.....you put smile on my face........i actually did all i could to write my SOP though it might not be comprehensive and convincing enough ....please would appreciate if anyone could help me review it again ....please sir so i can submit next week sir....my agent told me not to include anything else that could also raise questioning but i can put everything in my sop and submit back since they claimed to have reviewd my application earlier which means even if they havent done that before it has placed them on high side to favour me and never to come up with any other reasons again .......the agent said the lawyer will now write on my behalf and solicit for consideration.......@Nadia94...please kindly solicit on my behalf for others to put me through....i love you so much and God will be with you now and beyond for your concern and timely contribution it goes a long way sir/ma.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 10:14am On May 28, 2016
Nadia94:

An applicant dat has been denied? No! Every applicant as a UCI number, ur only issued one d first time u submit ur application for review
Check here
www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=013&top=4
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by VTIA: 10:17am On May 28, 2016
Arcayo:

Any solutions you get here or from your agent are guessed, your best bet is to request for your GCMS which takes about 30days to come out.
angelangelangel:
see very simple...Try to get master admission which i recommend and if you can not get post graduate admission and explain the reson you opt for postgraduate instead of master.. and submit thesame document. do not disturb your self .....
Arcayo:

Any solutions you get here or from your agent are guessed, your best bet is to request for your GCMS which takes about 30days to come out.

@Arcayo....please what is GCMS?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by VTIA: 10:26am On May 28, 2016
VTIA:

hayqinsbFX:
what level is the program you're going for......are you going to obtain an advanced diploma in biotechnlogy after a bsc in biotechnology?
what letters did you submit to back up your claim of working with him ever since....?
If my first statement is right, then focus on changing that before you think of telling a more compelling story about yourself to the VO....
hayqinsbFX:
hayqinsbFX:
hayqinsbFX:

@HayginsbFX
yes i was offered a Professional Program :BIOTECHNOLOGY ADVANCED

the sponsor is not a relative i got to know him through my banker .....who is a family friend ...he gave me his letter headed papers and i wrote what i did like to write and clamied he is my uncle , he gave me a letter stating that am going for a program in canada , through his manager that they are aware of my proposed journey and he made an Affidavit to sponsor me . also........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eugene83: 10:31am On May 28, 2016
VTIA:
..please what is GCMS?

GCMS notes is a well documented information on every application made to canada. It gives the real reason behind a visa officers decision on any applicants case.
If you have paypal account then apply for your gcms note through this website... http://gcmsnow.com

Personally I think your refusal is due to your program of choice. I'd advice you to not apply using the same advance program rather look for a masters with your past educational background. Try university of Saskatchewan to start with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nadia94(f): 10:33am On May 28, 2016
VTIA:

@Nadia94.......i may not know you ...but your interest in my case gladden my heart and i am so happy for your unconditional love.....you put smile on my face........i actually did all i could to write my SOP though it might not be comprehensive and convincing enough ....please would appreciate if anyone could help me review it again ....please sir so i can submit next week sir....my agent told me not to include anything else that could also raise questioning but i can put everything in my sop and submit back since they claimed to have reviewd my application earlier which means even if they havent done that before it has placed them on high side to favour me and never to come up with any other reasons again .......the agent said the lawyer will now write on my behalf and solicit for consideration.......@Nadia94...please kindly solicit on my behalf for others to put me through....i love you so much and God will be with you now and beyond for your concern and timely contribution it goes a long way sir/ma.
Ur welcome! I really dunno much abt SOPs but yeah i can help review ur SOP ... Maybe u ahould requeat for ur GCSM file.. This is like applying to see the Visa Officers actual perception of ur documents. That is; what he thinks about ur documents in written words.. This file takes days before its being sent back to the applicant.
Someone please help with the GcSM link oooo thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nadia94(f): 10:35am On May 28, 2016
VTIA:

@HayginsbFX
yes i was offered a Professional Program :BIOTECHNOLOGY ADVANCED

the sponsor is not a relative i got to know him through my banker .....who is a family friend ...he gave me his letter headed papers and i wrote what i did like to write and clamied he is my uncle , he gave me a letter stating that am going for a program in canada , through his manager that they are aware of my proposed journey and he made an Affidavit to sponsor me . also........
Professional program? MEng? What school is dat please and how many years is the professional programm?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nadia94(f): 10:43am On May 28, 2016
bayocanny:

Check here
www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=013&top=4
Well i just said d same thng now.. Everyone has a UCI number is what i am trying to say here ooo.. Rejected or approved applicants.
The diff is that first timers dont get theirs until they have submitted their first application..
So first timers are to leave the space blank (Just wanting to clarify that, most people get that UCI number thing wrong and still dont get me wrong here o..)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phrancisco: 10:56am On May 28, 2016
dessy8:
just tot to correct something...Police report isnt compulsory for paper route.....infact nothing is compulsory...i submitted my application via paper route, and i didnt include police report,SOA,bank letter were photocopies..and the lady at the pre-submission desk told me evrything was in order after checking....the only thing she asked me to go correct was my family form that i filled with ink instead of filling online and printing out....

U really should be mindful the kind of information u pass across here, yes nothing may be compulsory but there are requirement for every application. Go to CIC website to confirm things before making assumptions.
My 2cents

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 11:12am On May 28, 2016
VTIA:

@Arcayo....please what is GCMS?
Someone have explained it for you but let me just make it simpler for you, is like having high body temperature you know different guessed treatment will be coming from people like it's just headache, malaria, typhoid, high fever, etc an you have time frame in treating each is it not better to do blood test or see a doctor to narrow it down for you before treating any of the guessed sickness?
If you are denied again you will have to defer it's better you request for it and your visa come late than to rush it, you still have time, deduct 30days from the days between today and your resumption date you should still have up to 10weeks, 14weeks will soon drop. Once you know the main reason for the refusal which could be something you can tackle within hours you can apply same day
Just my advise ooo you have the final say

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 11:35am On May 28, 2016
SegunWamiri:

Nope! Not a strict requirement especially since you're fresh out of school.

Just make sure you fulfill other requirements and clearly present evidences that portrays you intend returning home after study

Thanks boss,u're most appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 11:39am On May 28, 2016
Checking through conestoga college website,I find out that their fees are in $ but couldn't figure out if they actually meant cad$,anybody with an idea pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ehixestgratias: 12:07pm On May 28, 2016
bfire:

When you are done, it's easy for you to get into any of their affiliated University; you will be making a good decision by then.

Yea, Ontario is my home. Nigeria born/Canadian.
There's no year I don't come Nija

Cheers

oh! thanks bfire, your input have been so helpful. hope too hook up with you soon over there. please can i pm u? i have some personal question to relay, wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 12:09pm On May 28, 2016
It's CAD$ and not U.S$.
abdulkabirtobi:
Checking through conestoga college website,I find out that their fees are in $ but couldn't figure out if they actually meant cad$,anybody with an idea pls?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olaniyisal: 12:24pm On May 28, 2016
Did CIC call you for medicals?

VTIA:

qood morning to you all, glad to be part of this forum, i just got delayed....
1.purpose of visit......that is all that was stated ....the agent said i should resumit again with legal back up from a lawyer soliciting on my behalf and he said i should submit the same document back . please my brethren, kindly advice me on what to ....am September intake......God bless you has you put me tru ...we shall never be put to shame ijn.

submitted match 10th(Paper route)
got dispatched mail on 18th May..
soa=inflow cash 490million , Outflow 478million
closing balance= 10.2million (is a personal and company account of my sponsor )
travel history = Malaysia (1st of October, 2014......came back to the country 4th of April,2015 was still valid till october 14th 2015. decided not to go back cos i could not cope there and the joblessness tin).
personal land agreement document
Bsc.=Plant Science and Biotechnology
program applied for=Biotechnology Advanced (a Professional course )
affidavit from sponsorship
letter from the bank
first semsester payment=6,300CAD
police report at alagbon
admission letter from the college
i never did advanced medical and there was no medical call afterwards
was delayed based on:
Purpose of Visit only ....that i havent satisfy them that i will return back to my country of residence.
please my bosses ....kindly help me to tackle this reason of my denial ...God will meet you all at the point of your needs ijn ....God will favour now and beyond at every point of your needs ijn ...please help me .....what i needed to include and return back the application so i can meet up with September intake
please brethren help me with good suggestions please am begging
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humbleosazee: 12:38pm On May 28, 2016
Pls house, is remote sensing a lucrative course in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 1:48pm On May 28, 2016
keitu:
Hi there,
I applied for canadian study permit on 22 April 2016 at Accra, Ghana but just realized I didn't state my previous USA F1 visa refusal last year with reason being that I don't have ties in my home country Ghana. No biometrics and fingerprints taken for the canada application. Don't know whether they will still get to know of the USA refusal.

I'm a bit disturbed and do not know how this is going to affect my application. Kindly share your views if anyone have such a story of the expected outcome.

Did that question ask if you have been refused a visa to any other country before or just Canada alone?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bfire(m): 1:49pm On May 28, 2016
ehixestgratias:

oh! thanks bfire, your input have been so helpful. hope too hook up with you soon over there. please can i pm u? i have some personal question to relay, wink

You could pm

I'm currently in Nija
I should be back to Toronto by July end
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 1:55pm On May 28, 2016
Skiiiwalker:

they don't have any business if another country refused you or not, their immigration laws are different from the US. so will never in any way affect your application,. rejection is no barrier for anything actually, people just get scared once they stamp rejection to them.. its nothing, i hv got q Germany visa with a rejection stamped passport. so chill it wont affect.

Do they have a business with your previous refusals because it's part of your immigration history and the reason or reasons of refusal matters a lot.

Yes you can still get a visa even with refusal but you need to disclose it when asked.

Denying a refusal when asked in a form is misrepresentation which could lead to refusal.

When you start lying about something or holding back info then you have something to hide.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:58pm On May 28, 2016
mevisbleek:

Do your Public Admin and pray that God see you through after graduation. I can mention a lot of MEng graduates that are yet to find a good job 2 years after graduation. Phd's sef full market now all doing post doc job 40k/yr for years unending. I can mention a lot of PGD grads making good money. My brother, life na luck and destiny. What might not work for someone might work for you. Take care.

Typical Nigerian-religio mentality. They've told you the truth but you don't want to listen. You prefer to stick to your ignorance. You're better off accepting the truth and trusting God than pervering in ignorance and trusting God.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eugene83: 2:13pm On May 28, 2016
keitu:
Hi there,
I applied for canadian study permit I didn't state my previous USA F1 visa refusal last year No biometrics and fingerprints taken for the canada application. Don't know whether they will still get to know of the USA refusal.

I'm a bit disturbed and do not know how this is going to affect my application.

Canada and usa share information so they will know.
If you said yes to the question" have you been refused a visa to any country..." then you're fine. Even if you don't give any explanation to this refusal.
If you didn't even tick yes well You've already submitted it.
As to the effect, I'm not sure. Relax. You don't have a ban from entering the usa on your record so it's not like you're a threat to canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 2:17pm On May 28, 2016
keitu:
Hi there,
I applied for canadian study permit on 22 April 2016 at Accra, Ghana but just realized I didn't state my previous USA F1 visa refusal last year with reason being that I don't have ties in my home country Ghana. No biometrics and fingerprints taken for the canada application. Don't know whether they will still get to know of the USA refusal.

I'm a bit disturbed and do not know how this is going to affect my application. Kindly share your views if anyone have such a story of the expected outcome.

The U.S. visa refusal is very important information you must disclose. 100% sure the Canadians will find out cause they share info with US. Your application with not only be refused, but your misrepresentation will make it more difficult to obtain TRV in the future.
Send an email to visa office requesting to correct the information, or withdraw the application before a decision is taken.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 2:22pm On May 28, 2016
Skiiiwalker:

they don't have any business if another country refused you or not, their immigration laws are different from the US. so will never in any way affect your application,. rejection is no barrier for anything actually, people just get scared once they stamp rejection to them.. its nothing, i hv got q Germany visa with a rejection stamped passport. so chill it wont affect.

Wrong information Bro
Read and understand the question

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 2:34pm On May 28, 2016
@Skiiiwalker

True talk ppl scare just cos of Us rejection stamp Not affect your application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 2:38pm On May 28, 2016
penitential:
It's CAD$ and not U.S$.

Thanks boss,did u have have an idea of hw much much a CAD$ currently exchange for a naira?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 3:22pm On May 28, 2016
lawmerchant:

Typical Nigerian-religio mentality. They've told you the truth but you don't want to listen. You prefer to stick to your ignorance. You're better off accepting the truth and trusting God than pervering in ignorance and trusting God.
why not allow people have faith in what they will than tikn ur own suggestion supeceeds their decisions ...we are here to encourage one another and it will be nice if we make our suggestions in a polite way and not tend to insult or discredit the belief of anyone .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by obinnane: 3:30pm On May 28, 2016
o2:

No you don't need to print or sign on the form if u are applnline. Open the form with internet explorer (it doesn't work well on mozilla) and fill it. After u validate there will be a prompt that confirms you have signed. For all the other documents you can attach with your Letter of Explanation. Online doesn't seem to be faster than paper. Infact both of them seems quite slow. So go for anyone you are comfortable with. The onlt differeence is that for paper you need to submit your Passport while for online it is requested.

THANKS A LOT.

Please one more question, I have been on the CIC for the past three hours on the last phase trying to pay online...Its been processing since then,Please what can I do, What's the average time it takes to process a credit card payment.
I will appreciate your kind contribution. Here's the screen shot.

1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 3:35pm On May 28, 2016
obinnane:

THANKS A LOT.

Please one more question, I have been on the CIC for the past three hours on the last phase trying to pay online...Its been processing since then,Please what can I do, What's the average time it takes to process a credit card payment.
I will appreciate your kind contribution. Here's the screen shot.
Better wait to avoid been charge twice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.