Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1004363 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 7:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
o2:
. I have already applied fo study permit without applying for coop work pemit. Pls what should I do

Your work term/co-op doesn't commence immediately after resumption. You can apply while in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
hustla:
Hi Folks.

For Durham college, their Information Security Graduate certificate is for 2 semesters, how many years pgwp will I be eligible for?
If given 1 year, will I be able to apply for MSc during or after? Otherwise would I be able to work and seek for an extension based on skilled migration or the job I am doing?

Thank You

Cc thesoj

If the two semesters would last for 8 months (which is usual duration), then no PGWP. If it is 1 year, then 1 year PGWP. You can apply for MSc in other schools during or after the program. I would advise you get another 1 year program before you decide to apply for PGWP so as to get a 2-3 year PGWP. That is not the route to Skilled migration but CEC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
meekmk:
Please help me.. I'm having trouble linking my application online! I applied 9th of June!

I also applied on the same date.......lemme knw d update on ur app....tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 8:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
hustla:

Help oooooooo

Question seems vague and that's particularly why nobody is answering you.

If you've taken your time to go through this thread you would realise that it's predominantly for study permit.

Talking about skilled migration is a bit prematured and misguided.

You need to first identify your goals and then reconstruct your question, you'd be surprised to see so many response to your question.

With respect pgwp.....you get exactly pgwp for the duration of your studies in Canada I.e if you study for 1 year in Canada, you will get 1 year pgwp. However if your study duration is up to 2 years, you may get up to 3 years pgwp.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oyeleye22: 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2016
Godymn:

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
coolNext in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DONOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and canbe linked.

***Appreciate***
Thank you I really appreciate a friend tried it once and it got linked to the application that was refused. Thank you I have will try ds

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2016
Carter001:

I also applied on the same date.......lemme knw d update on ur app....tnx

Application says open.. Nothing else.. Just linked it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 8:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
Godymn:

See steps above.

***Appreciate***

Appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 8:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
meekmk:

Application says open.. Nothing else.. Just linked it

good news coming our ways bruv....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 8:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
o2:
. I have already applied fo study permit without applying for coop work pemit. Pls what should I do
You can apply for it from Canada. without coop permit you cant be allowed to go for the program. Coop is usually done in summer. you should have ample time to apply for it immediately you get to Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
Gymme:

If the two semesters would last for 8 months (which is usual duration), then no PGWP. If it is 1 year, then 1 year PGWP. You can apply for MSc in other schools during or after the program. I would advise you get another 1 year program before you decide to apply for PGWP so as to get a 2-3 year PGWP. That is not the route to Skilled migration but CEC.
This is not true. You can get PGWP with 8 months study. Check this link.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
maximus89:
Hello house if There is any1 here that applied within april And haven't Heard anything from CIC or VFS, I would advice U to go to vfs office to confirm ur status. I applied in april21st and didn't hear from them ever since,so I went there today and the Guy on d second counter checked mine, and it says my Passport is on transit to lag...nothing else.

Online or Paper route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
Carter001:

good news coming our ways bruv....

Amen brother! What school are you headed to?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
meekmk:

Amen brother! What school are you headed to?

Lambton college, wah bou yhu ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oyeleye22: 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
Godymn:

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
coolNext in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DONOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.

***Appreciate***
I wasn't able to link it. Its not seeing any application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by azuka15: 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
Good evening all,
Please can gurus help me analyse my chances here.
1. I got admission to do diploma in human resource management and my previous underg was civil engineering and i have worked in that post like 5yrs now.
Do i stand i a chance concerning relation with previous study.
2. Must the police character certificate be obtained from ikoyi, is possible to get it from other state like Anambra.

3. Since i have not applied by now, is it still going to be time to process my application before deadline day of report to the school which is 29th of Aug. Given that 10 weeks can not be reached before then

Please help.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 9:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
yemdogg:

Question seems vague and that's particularly why nobody is answering you.

If you've taken your time to go through this thread you would realise that it's predominantly for study permit.

Talking about skilled migration is a bit prematured and misguided.

You need to first identify your goals and then reconstruct your question, you'd be surprised to see so many response to your question.

With respect pgwp.....you get exactly pgwp for the duration of your studies in Canada I.e if you study for 1 year in Canada, you will get 1 year pgwp. However if your study duration is up to 2 years, you may get up to 3 years pgwp.

The last paragraph is all I wanted to know about, no need for all the vague something you were saying before.

Tx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
Gymme:

Okay bro, didn't know about CEC. Been following current thread and still reading from Part 7
I'll do as you have said or seek out MSc for 2 years

Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iykedare(m): 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
Gymme:

If the two semesters would last for 8 months (which is usual duration), then no PGWP. If it is 1 year, then 1 year PGWP. CE.

Read to be informed before you comment. It is not compulsory that you comment if you have no answer to the question posted here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Graviton2(m): 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
coobboy:

It's gonna finish someday tongue tongue

I'm addicted to gala and indomie...I'll probably spend my first week looking for canadian substitutes. cry

How you doing, my man?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
Thanks! I meant less than 8 months.

metrecube:

This is not true. You can get PGWP with 8 months study. Check this link.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humbleosazee: 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
Pls, any may applicant still waiting for medical call from CIC? precisely may 5th paper route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Graviton2(m): 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
maspero22:

lol. i don't think palm oil will be allowed at the point of declaration of items at the immigration.

Yea, I'll need to drop it off my list. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Graviton2(m): 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
illuminada:

Bros...please where is your final destination? Was wondering if you could help with a small item

Due to security concerns, I can't help with your item, bro. Sorry.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2016
You with an Island of 'wealthy' knowledge would have commented and helped him out. I appreciate your kind gesture though, Mr iykedare!

iykedare:

Read to be informed before you comment. It is not compulsory that you comment if you have no answer to the question posted here.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 10:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
maximus89:
Hello house if There is any1 here that applied within april And haven't Heard anything from CIC or VFS, I would advice U to go to vfs office to confirm ur status. I applied in april21st and didn't hear from them ever since,so I went there today and the Guy on d second counter checked mine, and it says my Passport is on transit to lag...nothing else.

sorry, i don't understand. did you track your app before going to vfs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by illuminada: 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
Graviton2:

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaa.....issorite smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Adanzee: 10:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
hi... I got an email a month after submitting my application informing me that there has been no update on me application...
Please how long those it usually take to receive an update after getting this kind of email ??
Anyone witness this before
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 11:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
Your first sentence may be slightly incorrect (I think). A program that lasts eight months would get an eight-month PGWP (that's the minimum PGWP length) but a program less than eight months gets no PWGP. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp @hustla, learn to use google na.
Gymme:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kentoto: 11:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hello people,

Please for the medical, what does it entail.

K
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 11:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
Lol. Carrying stuff abroad for strangers is extremely risky.
illuminada:
Bros...please where is your final destination? Was wondering if you could help with a small item
Graviton2:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OTUNBACODED: 11:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
please any other March applicant in the house that havent heard from cic? this wait is killing as I really need to make up my mind in 1 week .

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.