Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:49 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (999139 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by cayordey007: 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello house, I have a question o.....actually I applied for a study visa last year Wc was denied but I was invited for medicals (surprise I was denied after the medicals) so I reapplied 11th of May this year this time I linked my paper application online and my medicals shows "passed" but I'm yet to get any news from them nd my resumption is for September. I applied to a college (Fanshawe)
I need to know if anybody, has been refused after medicals, like after passing medicals...please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TemitopeJ16: 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
Gud evening everyone,I have jst been denied of my TRV to seneca college.it so sad that I wasn't even invited for medicals.why this discrimination for PGD students.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
lobito007:

Hi bro. I guess by wellhead, you mean oil well. From your work experience, how does Power Engineering find relevance in oil well maintenance?
Power engineering in Canada means steam equipment operator/boiler operator.

Power engineering has no relationship with well head maintenance, but chemical engineering does.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mryoung16: 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
kboogie231:

I feel so too but in other to satisfy my curiosity, I will wait for the gcms notes. I applied for it last night, that would take about 40 days as the site stated. What I find ludicrous is why discriminate against people based on their proposed level of study? I have a second class upper in Chemical Engineering but doing a master's degree won't add to my field knowledge in my line of work. A PGD would go a long way to empower me with more practical knowledge in my field but then CIC knows best in their mind.

However, to defy CIC I will take a trip to Canada next month with my visitor's visa and possibly visit Lambton College. I have been told there is no January intake for my course, only September.

Please how do I apply for Gcms, it shows I should pay $23, how will I go about it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opia12345: 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
same thing they did to me ... i pas dem sha , will refire
TemitopeJ16:
Gud evening everyone,I have jst been denied of my TRV to seneca college.it so sad that I wasn't even invited for medicals.why this discrimination for PGD students.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opia12345: 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
what are the documents needed for a visiting visa ...
kboogie231:

I feel so too but in other to satisfy my curiosity, I will wait for the gcms notes. I applied for it last night, that would take about 40 days as the site stated. What I find ludicrous is why discriminate against people based on their proposed level of study? I have a second class upper in Chemical Engineering but doing a master's degree won't add to my field knowledge in my line of work. A PGD would go a long way to empower me with more practical knowledge in my field but then CIC knows best in their mind.

However, to defy CIC I will take a trip to Canada next month with my visitor's visa and possibly visit Lambton College. I have been told there is no January intake for my course, only September.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mryoung16: 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hi guys, please help a brother, I have been trying to request for my Gcms but it keep on telling me to pay $23,

Finally, What is the meaning of CVC, I don't really know how to go about it and I want to no the main reason why they denied my application before reapplying. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opia12345: 5:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
you will have to pay for your request and that is 23 dolls, cvc is the last 3 digits at the back of ur atm card as that validates your card
mryoung16:
Hi guys, please help a brother, I have been trying to request for my Gcms but it keep on telling me to pay $23,

Finally, What is the meaning of CVC, I don't really know how to go about it and I want to no the main reason why they denied my application before reapplying. Thanks

But, what if i want to ask someone to request for me in canny, any site for that ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by faroukfahima(m): 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
mryoung16:

Check the back of the Credit/Debit Card you want to use to make your payment, the last 3 digits
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by endinpraise: 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello guys. I'm new to this thread. Just stumbled upon it last week! Well done to all the team members helping out. I used an agent (sighhhh! Chaii! )
I applied June 8.
Biometrics june 15.
Refusal today undecided undecided
Course of study- Post bacc HR.
Studied - Chemi. Educ.
Worked in a bank.
School - TRU

I'm really upset about the whole thing.
I want to reapply. Probably change course & school(? )
Advice welcome. It's late 4 winter session. ..

Help a friend pleaseeeeee!.
just wise, thesoj other gurus. .. cool I am grateful in advance.
God bless you all.
Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
CVC is the 3 digits at the back of your payment card. I'm not sure why they require that much for GCMS.

Well, it is just $5 from the official website i know:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

mryoung16:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TemitopeJ16: 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
opia12345:
same thing they did to me ... i pas dem sha , will refire

Do you intend to reapply?

I don't know if they might even consider us in January.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kennynelcon(m): 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
wealth360:

Check for tips before you contact any supervisors. Just find their official email adress and send them a mail and hope and pray for a response sharp sharp.
Thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
Guys I heard that some banks have been barred from doing forex transaction on behalf of CBN due to the non remittance of the precious forex sold by the banks to TSA. So pls don't use this banks for now if u are about paying ur tuition....

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/list-of-nine-banks-barred-from-forex-transactions-by-central-bank-of-nigeria/

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ethan45(m): 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
[quote author=adebayoolatunji post=48745797]Guys I heard that some banks have been barred from doing forex transaction on behalf of CBN due to the non remittance of the precious forex sold by the banks to TSA.

Ade. Thanks for the info,God bless you Bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
List of banks barred froom forex transaction by CBN and their Gbese; don't apply for form A through dem for the payment of tuition for now until they are cleared;
United Bank for Africa (UBA) -$530m
First Bank of Nigeria (FBN)- $469m
Diamond Bank Plc-$287m
Sterling Bank Plc-$269m
Sky Bank Plc -$221m
Fidelity Bank -$209m
Keystone Bank- $139
First City Monument Bank (FCMB) -$125m
Heritage Bank-$85m
adebayoolatunji:
Guys I heard that some banks have been barred from doing forex transaction on behalf of CBN due to the non remittance of the precious forex sold by the banks to TSA. So pls don't use this banks for now if u are about paying ur tuition....
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/list-of-nine-banks-barred-from-forex-transactions-by-central-bank-of-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pabb: 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello guys. I was giving visa and study permit last April for September 2015 session but I didn't travel because of wife's ill-health. I asked for deferral and that was given to but a friend who is resident in Canada advised that I apply for another study permit. This I did since April 28 2016 but am yet to hear from them and my application is over 15weeks while my admission is for September. kindly advise me on next line of action to take.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by easyxtan: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
Youdee2016:
Good morning everyone. I am a silent observer on this thread. Keep it up people. All TRV hopefuls, wish you the best too. I am sure we will have better news this week from CIC.
Any one resuming at Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo this fall? Or anyone currently there now?

I will be in Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo for spring 2017, will be going in december
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by okechukwu101: 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
kboogie231:

Sure. I submitted online June 13th, I did my biometrics June 15th. Documents submitted include:

All CIC forms
6 Months Bank statement of 7M naira balance with cash inflow of 17M
Bank statement of US account with $10,0000
Letter of acceptance (Lambton College, Ontario)
School fees receipt of 11,350 CAD
Letter of employment (I work in my dad's company)
Letter of introduction from employer
CAC forms of employer backing the introduction letter (I'm listed as a shareholder in the company)
Partnership Business registration documents in the US with proof of steady $2,000 per month income
Deed of conveyance
Building Plan
Previous and Current visas to UK, US and Canada (I haven't even used the visitor's visa to Canada and I have been in the US twice after obtaining the visa).
Transcript and University certificate
Birth certificates of my children (they were born in the US)
Marriage certificate

I have ordered for my gcms last night, I will be looking forward to the real reason behind the denial.
this denial seems unbelievable. Am shocked

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by okechukwu101: 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
pabb:
Hello guys. I was giving visa and study permit last April for September 2015 session but I didn't travel because of wife's ill-health. I asked for deferral and that was given to but a friend who is resident in Canada advised that I apply for another study permit. This I did since April 28 2016 but am yet to hear from them and my application is over 15weeks while my admission is for September. kindly advise me on next line of action to take.
oga your case is strange and weird. Why would u apply for another study permit if your previous permit wasn't expired?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MyGodisAwesome: 11:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
Youdee2016:
Good morning everyone. I am a silent observer on this thread. Keep it up people. All TRV hopefuls, wish you the best too. I am sure we will have better news this week from CIC.
Any one resuming at Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo this fall? Or anyone currently there now?
hello am resuming this fall
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 11:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
From my little knowledge, u were not meant to reapply. Ur visa is still valid bro. I hope ur passport is still with you?
pabb:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Youdee2016: 12:11am On Aug 24, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
MyGodisAwesome:
hello am resuming this fall

Oh great, any luck on accommodation hunting? Are you there already? What course are you going for? I got admitted for their MBA/MScIM programme.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by badtsharpguy: 1:31am On Aug 24, 2016
Oh nice. I'm in the unpredictable City of Calgary (YYC)
Onyeoma3:

In a small quiet city called Kingston in Ontario

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Huzzie: 2:14am On Aug 24, 2016
Well done....keep up the good work

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Graviton2(m): 3:07am On Aug 24, 2016
Biko! Does anyone know for certain if GTB's Naira MasterCard still operates in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by paparazzi1987(m): 3:57am On Aug 24, 2016
For those that wants to request for GCMS file here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
IT IS JUST $5 (FIVE DOLLAR).

If you want to know how to request for the file here is the link :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by neny2k2: 4:08am On Aug 24, 2016
Great people, i appreciate you all for your kindness and contributions. Please i need your candid advice on documents to submit for an online application, especially bank statements of account, how can i possibly submit these? is it going to be an online statement from internet banking? does it have to be signed by the bank? please help with these questions. I would like to apply for TRV via the online route cos i do not want to submit my passport until requested. Congrats to all who got approvals and to all still waiting and those delayed, do not give up yet, lines will fall unto us in pleasant places. it is not over until we win. God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TemitopeJ16: 4:13am On Aug 24, 2016
Hello All,

My visa was denied because of purpose of visit and current employment situation.

Please how do i tackle this in my next application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 5:47am On Aug 24, 2016
pabb:

You don't need another study permit if you're going to the same school. By applying again you risk refusal. - LM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by akol07: 5:58am On Aug 24, 2016
michV:
Does concordia uni require English language test from Naija applicants?

Not necessarily. It will however aid your application. I wrote IELTS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by akol07: 6:09am On Aug 24, 2016
metrecube:

michV, Concordia university is in Quebec WC is French speaking province of Canada. Settling in Quebec after your program maybe somehow unless you can speak French. I will advice you to apply to university of British Columbia, its application fee free for now. You have nothing to loose they won't even ask for your original transcript until you are admitted. Also try ryerson and western university, they do admit students with 3.5 cgpa for their meng program. Ottawa is good too but they may ask for English Test if you have graduated for like 3 years. All the best.

@michv I wouldn't advice you tackle this issue from speaking french language angle. This should be more about what you want. As a matter of fact, if you can learn French, you become internationally bilingual and must have set yourself to becoming an international staff than someone that can speak only English. Did you know the Quebec government give bursaries/grants to learn French?

Accordingly, Montreal (the city where Concordia Uni and McGill Uni is situated) is the 2nd most diverse city in the world (after new york). The experience you'd get from the people you'd meet cannot be quantified.

There is more to why Quebec province is a win. However, as I mentioned earlier, this should be looked at from a 'want do I want' perspective

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.