Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,537 members, 7,801,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1004080 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
Arcayo:

What do you want to know
I need help with accommodation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Obizee: 4:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hi guys, nice job ppl God will make a way for everyone been following for quite a while now and it's been really helpful. Please guys l need your advice l recently got chosen among ppl to submit application to Mohawk and canadore college for a scholarship apprenticeship program scheduled in January, please I need guidance on what to submit alongside the application and how to make the application, especially the scholarship motivation letter stronger to beat other competitors. So I can be accepted for the program. URGENTLY please... Thanks in advance ...more blessings
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eraytee: 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hello pls i need an urgent reply on this inquiry. Whats the chance of gettin a Phd admsn in Geology in canada uni with this profile:

UG(geology):3.32/5 cgpa (Unilorin)
Msc (pet geology/sedimentology): 5.65/7 cgpa (UI)

Have asked this before bt no response, just decided 2 ask again. Kindly assist gurus in the house. Tnx in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ethan45(m): 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
Please is this not the right accra email ? accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Am having it difficult sending them a mail, all i get is a mailer daemon reply that its the wrong address, am i missing something? Please someone should help, am i not sending the mail to the right address? Please i need a reply from someone like yesterday cos i want to send them a mail asap.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
There re feww phd applicant here so I guess dats why no one has answered. U best option is to mail the school directly, they will surely reply u. I think u have a great cgpa tho. Cheers
Eraytee:
Hello pls i need an urgent reply on this inquiry. Whats the chance of gettin a Phd admsn in Geology in canada uni with this profile:

UG(geology):3.32/5 cgpa (Unilorin)
Msc (pet geology/sedimentology): 5.65/7 cgpa (UI)

Have asked this before bt no response, just decided 2 ask again. Kindly assist gurus in the house. Tnx in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by geotherm: 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
Please has anyone travelled through UK to Canada without transit visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 24, 2016
geotherm:
Please has anyone travelled through UK to Canada without transit visa?

I know friends who have, only US requires a transit visa

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eraytee: 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
ziggy3579:
There re feww phd applicant here so I guess dats why no one has answered. U best option is to mail the school directly, they will surely reply u. I think u have a great cgpa tho. Cheers

Thanks for ur response. 1. Is it advisable to include my msc profile in gettin anoda msc admsn in canada? 2.Hope its not a red flag too in getting trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 6:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
Why not go for a PHD, admission is less competitive compared to masters
Eraytee:

Thanks for ur response. 1. Is it advisable to include my msc profile in gettin anoda msc admsn in canada? 2.Hope its not a red flag too in getting trv?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Obizee: 6:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hi guys, nice job ppl God will make a way for everyone been following for quite a while now and it's been really helpful. Please guys l need your advice l recently got chosen among ppl to submit application to Mohawk and canadore college for a scholarship apprenticeship program scheduled in January, please I need guidance on what to submit alongside the application and how to make the application, especially the scholarship motivation letter stronger to beat other competitors. So I can be accepted for the program. URGENTLY please... Thanks in advance ...more blessings[/quote]
please @ anyone gurus in the house need your help....will appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jaidooo(m): 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
sugababe101:
Hi guys,
I must confess I have learnt a lot on this forum.
Pls kindly advise me on this. 

I plan to study in canada and apply for PR afterwards.
I have a degree(second class upper) in business already, so the option is to go for a Post Graduate Diploma /certificate or a masters degree (mba)

OPTIONS:

1.I go for a 1 year pg Diploma /certificate program in colleges like George Brown,seneca, etc. ( from research I hear it's difficult to get PR as you are given only 1 year of pgwp which may be too short to process your PR)

2. Enrol in Humber on centennial for a 2 years pg diploma/certificate. (the question is why do a 2 years pg Diploma When you are qualified for a masters degree, which obviously seems better) 

3. Apply for a masters degree in any of the affordable universities. ( the problem here is, I'll have to wait till next September , as most of the universities only admit in fall semesters..

Questions:
Which among the three seems like the best option?

Is it a waste of time applying for a masters degree and then waiting till next year September? I feel like it's a long time to wait.

Has anyone ever gotten PR after 1 year of full time PG program?

Thanks a lot, pls help a sister, your advice will be well appreciated..
I'll suggest you apply for a masters program, its not such a longtime and equally not a waste of time, as you could use that period to prepare the right documentations for your visa application.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Victory1989(m): 6:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ethan45:
Please is this not the right accra email ? accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Am having it difficult sending them a mail, all i get is a mailer daemon reply that its the wrong address, am i missing something? Please someone should help, am i not sending the mail to the right address? Please i need a reply from someone like yesterday cos i want to send them a mail asap.

Below is the email address of canada immigration Accra office: accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by faith98: 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
faith98:
This is my first time posting on this thread .But I have being a follower. You guys are really doing a good job here .I need the guru's in the house to help me out .I have a university degree with 2.2 in Banking and Finance .i applied to saskatchewan for an undergraduate in Economics, which requirements need a degree to be qualified to apply .Now applying for visa with an undergraduate admission at the age of 36years.I have 5 years working experience in the banking industry .Am married with children.Pls I will like to know what my chances are.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
akol07:

@michv I wouldn't advice you tackle this issue from speaking french language angle. This should be more about what you want. As a matter of fact, if you can learn French, you become internationally bilingual and must have set yourself to becoming an international staff than someone that can speak only English. Did you know the Quebec government give bursaries/grants to learn French?

Accordingly, Montreal (the city where Concordia Uni and McGill Uni is situated) is the 2nd most diverse city in the world (after new york). The experience you'd get from the people you'd meet cannot be quantified.

There is more to why Quebec province is a win. However, as I mentioned earlier, this should be looked at from a 'want do I want' perspective
to add to what u said Bro, applying and getting a school in quebec guarantees you PR after pgwp 90 percent of the time without a job offer if u study there under quebec experience class. forget about speaking French it's not compulsary but u might want to learn it to get some point when applying for PR. you won't need to hustle like the rest of us for PR. if only any uni there offered my course I woulda gone there without thinking twice.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ononoplanet(f): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
@Huzie, welcome back after a long stay away. Asked for information about your school and also pm you but no response. Rgds and all the best.
@ easyxtan, interested in the dual master degree you are going for. Will send u an email. I have gone thru the school website but will still need help from you. Regards to your daughter and pls help a sister. God bless.
To everyone on the thread, great job and God see us thru.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
hello guys..Anyone going to or in MUN newfoundland? let's network for accommodatn reasons
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mryoung16: 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hi guys, please how do I tackle this reason of refusal as I did my first application with an agent,(1) purpose of visit (2) current employment sitution, In my last application, I purposely removed my payslip because the salary seem to be very low, not even up to 20k and currently, I don't work with that company again, working in my dad's company as a site supervisor now because he has a construction company.

My sponsor happens to be my step brother with different surname, 34m in his two accounts

Considering the facts that I had bsc public Administration (third class) going for PGC business administration at TRU, submitting my new work ID which shows a site supervisor, will it backfire as it doesn't relate to my intending program?

I wouldn't mind getting a different ID from my dad as a manager of the company, just want the application to fly.

Finally, I forgot to put my land document before but am planning to put it in my new application now, please huz I seriously need your kindly advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by cayordey007: 7:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
It's d correct mail make sure "." is not added at d end of the mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by VEIL1234: 7:12pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hi everyone,

Anyone resuming to USask this fall? please lets network on accommodation issues. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
@Ghostpapi, George Brown College finally responded to my fam today with an admission letter... thx.
Ghostpapi:

is the application for September intake? if it is for September I think it was quite late to apply 6weeks back and they may have volumes of applications to go thru during summer and trust me a lot of staffs 'generally' go on leave during this time lol..but I guess the program should have a January intake so if the admission comes late you can differ till January.

well any program in Technology , multimedia ,web design I think the College is very good choice , tho am not at the St James campus where your fam will be taking the program but there is a good proximity
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
[size=14pt]***IMPORTANT LINKS***[/size]

CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF MOST POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES
Ontario Colleges programs search

TIPS ON WRITING AN SOP FOR THE VISA OFFICER Thanks @yemdogg

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPLE

TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD

STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

HOW TO TACKLE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO FIND ANY INFORMATION ON THIS THREAD, NO MATTER WHEN IT WAS POSTED

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

HOW MANY YEARS WORK PERMIT IF I STUDY FOR 1 OR 2 YEARS, CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

IS IT HARDER OR EASIER TO GET A TRV WITH PGC/PGD ADMISSION VS. MASTERS? Thanks @yemdogg

-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN THE AVERAGE PROCESSING TIME, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

CHEAP GCMS ORDERING SERVICE

TRAVELLING TIPS #1
TRAVELLING TIPS #2

LIFE IN CANADA Tips

thanks to @richcasey
***UPDATED***

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kento1234: 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2016
Yes they do..they asked me to do it
akol07:

Not necessarily. It will however aid your application. I wrote IELTS

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
Please who has used www.cheapflights.com.ng succesfully before or kindly suggest any other platform for booking cheap flights

Thanks
@thesoj
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Taike: 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2016
Perotti:
For guys who got PhD offers, how do you guys do it as regards securing a supervisor? I am getting fed up after editing and packaging my mail yet no replies. Please help out good people.

Try calling them. That's what I did.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by faith98: 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
Good evening all,pls I will really appreciate response to my post .I need to know if to proceed. God bless you all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
sugababe101:
Hi guys,
...I plan to study in canada and apply for PR afterwards...

OPTIONS:
1.I go for a 1 year pg Diploma /certificate program in colleges like George Brown,seneca, etc. ( from research I hear it's difficult to get PR as you are given only 1 year of pgwp which may be too short to process your PR)
2. Enrol in Humber on centennial for a 2 years pg diploma/certificate. (the question is why do a 2 years pg Diploma When you are qualified for a masters degree, which obviously seems better) 
3. Apply for a masters degree in any of the affordable universities. ( the problem here is, I'll have to wait till next September , as most of the universities only admit in fall semesters..

Questions:
Which among the three seems like the best option?
Is it a waste of time applying for a masters degree and then waiting till next year September? I feel like it's a long time to wait.
Option 3 is the best option, by a mile.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
brandymcmb:
Please who has used www.cheapflights.com.ng succesfully before or kindly suggest any other platform for booking cheap flights

Thanks
@thesoj

When are you looking to leave and where are you headed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Perotti: 9:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
Taike:

Try calling them. That's what I did.

Thank you very much, I will try that out from now.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
overtlyderanged:

When are you looking to leave and where are you headed?

Next weekend, Newbrunswick

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ymc007:
Good morning all, please is anyone in Halifax or knows someone in Halifax??

Um PM me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Obizee: 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
thanks alot @ thesoj
Please I still want to know doing the medicals alongside the scholarship apprenticeship application letter would boost once chances or not thanks....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humbleosazee: 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
Tomorrow 16 weeks CIC kilode

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.