Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Okada - The Documentary - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Okada - The Documentary (1172 Views)

The Documentary Food / Zulu Tribe: Wedding Dance - Tribes Life Documentary - Primitive Tribes (video) / Masquerade Seriously Beats An Okada Rider (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okada - The Documentary by ifrikanmedia(m): 11:23pm On Apr 01, 2016
For the past 4 weeks I have been around the Lugbe area of Airport Road, Abuja filming a mini documentary. Its not been an easy task putting together a team, heading out there, stopping 'Okada' riders to answer questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FCXOYtAaTs

This mini documentary, produced in-house in Abuja and narrated by Tojue Nzube aka NCee TOJ, brings its audience into the life of the 'Okada" man and narrates how they make ends meet and what it takes to survive in this business. I thought it would be less challenging until I stepped out there. They were so happy and were ready to say everything they had in mind.

My concept was simple. I wanted to make a short, snappy documentary film driven by the words of the Okada men (which is a gamble as it’s interview driven). I actually do love the motorcycles as once in a while I’ve had the opportunity to ride a power bike and a road bike. I have always nutured this fear of falling of one.

Riding on one has been an old culture in Nigeria in terms of getting through traffic faster than the vehicles do. A lot of folks patronize this mode of transportation regardless of the risks without the use of safety gadgets like helmets. Most of these ‘Okada’ are not even registered with the relevant authorities and are usually banned from the main metropolis due to the nuisance and accidents they may cause from reckless riding.

The main gear I used was as follows:
Canon 60D
Zoom H4n
Manfrotto tripod
Canon EF lenses, 16-35, 50, 24-90 and 80-200mm
RODE videomic Pro
A very looooong wired lavalier mic

Mods pls move to right section if not in the right section

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okada - The Documentary by odumchi: 10:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
Awesome!
Re: Okada - The Documentary by ifrikanmedia(m): 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lalastica

(1) (Reply)

Disowning Your Nigerian Son Because He Chose To Marry An American Caucasian Woma / Monarch To Igbos: Stop Blaming Hausa/fulani, Yoruba For Your Woes. / Gorgeous Dressimg Of Yoruba Women From Early Colonial Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.