Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle (37095 Views)

FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos / Numbers To Call To Verify The Validity Of Your Driving Licence - FRSC / Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by nwakibie3(m): 7:29am On Apr 12, 2016
It's all about who will get patient amongst them for the other to pass.
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by dencobright(m): 7:29am On Apr 12, 2016
1 3 2 is the correct driving border
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by slap1(m): 7:31am On Apr 12, 2016
Octaves:
my licensing agent got a driving schl. Cert for me but i never went to one. I had already been driving for 5 yrs and initially possesed a license which i later found out was not in the system

Does the driving school certificate cover for the license even temporarily?
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by aishmuhd(f): 7:33am On Apr 12, 2016
in the real sense of driving the formation is 2, 3 & 1
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by slap1(m): 7:33am On Apr 12, 2016
englishmart:
I'm a very good driver when it comes to video games...
Does that make me a good driver in real life?

Video games knowledge will come in handy. It helped me eventually when I went to driving school, especially in handling the steering wheel.

1 Like

Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by LeslieChow(m): 7:34am On Apr 12, 2016
3-2-1. 2 and 1 are at an intersection and there is a stop sign at the intersection. This requires them to stop to ensure that they do not hit each other.
At this point, 3 will have the right of way as it is on the free road without any inhibitions (stop sign). After 3 then 2 continues on its straight path while 1 makes the left turn.
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by dukeo(m): 7:34am On Apr 12, 2016
victichy:
Let me see what the driving Experts have to say

to allow free flow of traffic, it'll have to be 3-2-1 assuming they are not the only cars on that road.
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by okemejames(m): 7:37am On Apr 12, 2016
2~3~1
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by sleek82(m): 7:37am On Apr 12, 2016
darlingbas:
231, the sign is there for car 1 to yield for the other vehicles on the major road as it's coming from minor road, car 2 is going straight, that gives him priority, car 3 will be turning into a minor road but will have to cross the lane of car 2 to do so, therefore it's got the second priority, car 1 has been warned by the sign to exercise caution or give right of way to vehicles on the major road by the sign next to it.
therefore the order will be 2 3 1
you are very correct....with the best illustration. That triangle sign shown to 1 means "right of way" and it means 1 should yield the right of way to the other traffic, also 1 is coming from a minor road and going into a major road and 3 would have to cross the other lane to get into the minor road......the order 2-3-1 is the correct!

1 Like

Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 12, 2016
2-3-1
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by jaybee(f): 7:38am On Apr 12, 2016
victichy:
Let me see what the driving Experts have to say

No one seems to be noticing the road signs on the picture? The inverted triangle is just saying 1 should yield the road to 2 & 3.

Therefore the right order is 231

1 Like

Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by apholaby007(m): 7:41am On Apr 12, 2016
christiancy:
dats d ryt format....u dey wrk for road safety ni

U gv way 4 incoming vehcle since u already on d road
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by zeefa: 7:42am On Apr 12, 2016
The correct sequence are 2, 3, 1. Anybody driving abroad that passed the knowledge test and road test will never make this mistake cos it's part of what will give u the chance to own a driver's licence.
In Nigeria, I doubt if we follow the right of way cos all drivers don't have the opportunity to learn driving appropriately.
Before I left naija, I have been driving for more than 10yrs and guess what, I failed the road test twice and got it at the third attempt.
I don't blame people in nigeria but our government that didn't provide good road network and FRSC given out driver's licence without monitoring drivers to have good skill before heating the road.
Well, we still hope that we would get there one day.
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by pragmatistm(m): 7:45am On Apr 12, 2016
2-3-1
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by VISTIN(m): 7:48am On Apr 12, 2016
It's 2, 3 and then 1.

Trafficating does not give you right of way. So 3 and 1 should hold on for 2 to go.

Meanwhile, the driver entering a high way (1) from adjoining road must be sure the road is clear before he enters, that's why 3 must go first.

But in Lagos, anybody can go 1st as long as you can abuse others.
Lol
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by iamkingzlee(m): 7:55am On Apr 12, 2016
nedu2000:
2 -1-3
confam! give way to traffic on left.
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by OlujobaSamuel: 7:58am On Apr 12, 2016
chuk your head, others go stop especially if you be danfo driver. Talking about Nigeria oo, except there is traffic warden or light you can abide with.
Don't ask me about outside Nigeria, na only Coutonu I waka go so I no know.
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by lordmario(m): 8:07am On Apr 12, 2016
In lagos, there is no correct order. we all go at once and refuse to allow d next person then traffic start. grin
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by Nihilist: 8:10am On Apr 12, 2016
It's not apuzzle.

Theres a give way sign facing 1 there

So it's 231
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by zeefa: 8:13am On Apr 12, 2016
princemillla:
312 is correct. Why.

Wen you approach T junction u always give ways to your right hand vehicle.

When you are at round about u give way to your left side. In this case. 3 has to pass followed by 1 then 2

Correct me if am wrong.... We are all drivers

The condition applies to an intersection not a tee junction.
The correct answer is 231

Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by OgaTheTop2: 8:14am On Apr 12, 2016
victichy:
It's actually 2-3-1
Correct!
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by Btruth: 8:18am On Apr 12, 2016
For western world, it's 2-3-1. But for Niger here, it could be any...maybe 3-2-1 or 3-1-2. all naa the same for them here abeg.

Ever seen a danfo driver stopped right in the middle of the junction collecting passengers? If not, then come to Abule-Egba.
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by femynho(m): 8:22am On Apr 12, 2016
victichy:
It's actually 2-3-1
havnt drive b4, but UR HEAD DEY THERE! Common Sense is not common. 2-3-1
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by ogoplus: 8:26am On Apr 12, 2016
2-3-1 like some other posters have said.

The traffic sign in front on Car 1 would must likely have warning sign......which he/she must interpret and adhere to.

The general rule is to exercise more caution at this kind of road intersection and when in doubt allow other drivers to go in the order in which they arrived at the intersection

The rule of thumb says: First-Come-First-Go
(I know there is no time keeper to know who arrived first.....what I do as a person.....is; if I meet you at an intersection....I allow you go)

Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by drnoel: 8:27am On Apr 12, 2016
pendusky:
If you are approaching a T junction, the traffic already on the road you are joining has right of way. This means any traffic on the road ending at the junction must wait for the other traffic to pass before turning left or right.

So

If you are at a junction where the roads are of equal importance, the traffic on your right has right of way.

In this case 2 is driving forward, thats right no 1. and 3 is on right of car 1. this means

2 will go first followed by 3 and then 1 which is coming from a minor road.

so I go with

2-3-1

Not really as u said. What u said only applies on roads without road signs. Once the road sign os placed on a road the right of way is lifted and only the instructions on the road sign matters.
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by muzeze77: 8:31am On Apr 12, 2016
It's 321
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by toprealman: 8:32am On Apr 12, 2016
jeyselassie:
Its 231. 2 owns d road, 3 has d 2nnd right of passage and actually has to decide whether to allow 1 into the road or not. While 1 is the last
right of way is not a matter of choice. It played a role in my failing a driving test because according to the assessor, I was contributing to unnecessary traffic behind me. Driver 1 has to stay behind the marked line till the coast is clear. But the, what % of roads in naija are tarred let alone marked? #Team 2-3-1!
In naija.... any order is obtainable sha....123, 132,213,231,312,321....
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by ogoplus: 8:35am On Apr 12, 2016
toprealman:
right if way us not a matter of choice. It contributed to my failing a driving test because according to the assessor, I was contributing to unnecessary traffic. 1 has to stay behind the marked line till the coast is clear. #Team 2-3-1!
In naija.... any order is obtainable sha....123, 132,213,231,312,321....

lolz!
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by JhaayYoung: 8:37am On Apr 12, 2016
I think 2 should go first, if 3 goes after 2 , he will be obstructing 1 if 1 decides to move simultaneously because he will be driving pass the front of vehicle 1 lane before he joins his lane.. So I think 1 should go after 2 then 3..
So.. 2 1 3
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by denitro(m): 8:39am On Apr 12, 2016
2-3-1
The traffic lights are programmed in that order
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by dxdiag(m): 8:41am On Apr 12, 2016
Re: Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle by Thankful1970: 8:44am On Apr 12, 2016
You are on Point. Also the rule "Give way to traffic on your left" only applies at a roundabout of a cross of EQUAL magnitude. In the above case study, we have a T-junction. Priority is given to the car on a straight course first (i.e. 2) followed by the car that is exiting the major drive (3) and lastly by the car that wants to enter the major road (2).
pendusky:
If you are approaching a T junction, the traffic already on the road you are joining has right of way. This means any traffic on the road ending at the junction must wait for the other traffic to pass before turning left or right.

So

If you are at a junction where the roads are of equal importance, the traffic on your right has right of way.

In this case 2 is driving forward, thats right no 1. and 3 is on right of car 1. this means

2 will go first followed by 3 and then 1 which is coming from a minor road.

so I go with

2-3-1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) / Check Out This Made-in-Benin City Bus (Pics/Video) / Funny Pictures You Can Relate To When You Buy A Car On Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.