Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix (1962 Views)

The Rap Album Of The Decade: Malcom Ix / Ruggedman Release Mode Ix Diss Track Titled 'jump Am Pass' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by samsick: 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2006
Which of the above albums do y'all think sold more units .As for me modenine's Malcolm ix sold 'cos i saw more of it on the streetz of LAGOS.that's my opinion so don't BITE
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by gbadex1(m): 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2006
Dude, what tha Bleep have u been smoking?

1. How can you compare an album and a mixtape?

2. You feel Malcolm ix sold more because u saw more of it on the streets? What planet were you on? Now lemme ask you. Out of both, which got more massive radio and air play?

3. Apart from even all that, the fact that u saw more malcolm ix cds on the streets, doesn't mean those units were sold off the streets!!

By far Thy Album sold more units than malcolm ix. Don't get caught up in all the hype.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by tosinadeda: 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2006
@gbade.x

its like uve got beef 4 mode9
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by kaydee(m): 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2006
The industry's state of mind is real far from Hip-Hop and same for Nigerians.Modenine is strictly Hip-Hop and i don't think he sold more copies than RuggedMan.I'm not sure bout this but he couldn't have sold more copies.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by samsick: 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2006
@gbadex!Modeey sold more units than ruggedman according 2 a research made by HIPHOP WORLD MAGAZINE,i ain't smoking SON what proove have u got 2 show dat ruggedman sold more.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by samsick: 11:26pm On Nov 10, 2006
@gbade x Twas a mistake Malcolm ix is a mixtape and not an album as i earlier spat aiight !! 2 How do u expect malcolm ix 2 get massive airplay when most of ur so called radio personalities can't pronounce modenine 4 Example in AMEN AWARDS 2004 The award presenter 4 best male hiphop of the year pronounced MODE -NI, !NINE
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by gbadex1(m): 12:36am On Nov 11, 2006
@tosinadeda:

i don't have beef with mode9. I just say thangs objectively unlike Mode 9 groupies.

@kaydee:

exactly what industry are you talking about? The hiphop industry or music industry as a whole? And then dat sh*t about mode 9 strictly hiphop. U see, i don't have probs with anyone doing hiphop right (i've both of his mixtapes), but what i don't like is when ppl place mode9 as the figure-head and symbol of rap in Nigeria. That sh*t pisses me off.

@samsick:

HIPHOP-WORLD magazine research? Dude, are u serious? Come here a sec and see the big picture. It is a known fact that HHP mag is 1 of the most biased mag and are mode9 d*cksuckers. Now i know what u been smoking. It must be dat reefer animashaun has also been doing.

Let me ask u a question. When HHP  carried out a review of Malcolm ix, by how many mics did they rate it? That's right, 4.5 out 5 mics!!! This was for a mixtape that had one very bad and f*cked up production. Instrumentals were wacker and more boring as one progressed with d tracks. Mode 9 started getting boring after it seemed as if he was talking about the same thing in almost every song (punchlines and metaphors)

even a reader of HHP had to write them saying he felt m9 should be given 2.5 or 3 mics as rating!!

Perhaps u don't d history of HHP. They wouldn't showcase other mcs that aren't in lag, give eedris props and classify him an ill mc, when we all eedris is wacker than dat muh'fucka who sold his left nut!!!

Dude, point is, hhp can't be used as a yard stick in knowing how many units M9 sold because in the case of mode 9, they're always baised.

The reason i believe Thy album sold more is because, as from 2002, songs from Thy Album (e.g "ehen"wink were already getting radio/air play. Anticipation about the album had been growing. Album drops 2004, what we have is not only hiphop heads buying it, but even non-hiphop heads!! Especially them dancehall lovin' mofos!!

Once again, don't get caught in all the hype.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by Christino(m): 1:12am On Nov 11, 2006
From what i've learnt so far bout hip hop, Nigeria's not ready for it yet - (Quote me)

Modey's on his own men, come to think of it, how many pple buy albums in nigeria? Working class peeps? nope not really, oldies and friday night lovers. How many of Modey's tracks are comedies or party jamz? Cry? no way.

Rugged's mention of Eedris and Big bros and Maintain was enough to sell hits, as all they peeps he mentioned were hit chasers too (little sense - i hate senseless tracks by default).

If i was to make hits today, i'd come up against the presently most hyped in the country, Rugged, i believe is the most hyped rapper around today. He's good, but where was he all along when hip hop was developing? Like Pac came up and sweeped most of the rap glories(not comparing him to Pac, dont' get it wrong), we forgot bout them Jam Master Jay, R.A.K.I.M, Uncle L, Dre, Lady of Rage and a host of veterans. Who remembers naija's Cashman Davies? Don't think all these new generation Hip Hop freaks (ask them what Jay-z's debut is and they'd tell u Black Album - we all know them i believe) even know him. Some are really lucky to know Jimmy Jatt cos he still doing us proud.

So man, i don't have the figures, don't even know which is Rugged's or Modey's (sorry to say, not so interested in naija raps till i'm convinced, i'd rather stick to lagbaja cool, more african or Yinka Ayefele shocked) but i believe Rugged should sell more copies, if not 3 times more ("crap" sells and so does humorous diss, ask Nas or DMX and ask G-Unit!).

Note: what's crap to me may be food to you, no offence.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by Manta(m): 9:21am On Nov 11, 2006
Christino:

From what i've learnt so far bout hip hop, Nigeria's not ready for it yet - (Quote me)

Modey's on his own men, come to think of it, how many people buy albums in nigeria? Working class peeps? nope not really, oldies and friday night lovers. How many of Modey's tracks are comedies or party jamz? Cry? no way.

Rugged's mention of Eedris and Big bros and Maintain was enough to sell hits, as all they peeps he mentioned were hit chasers too (little sense - i hate senseless tracks by default).

If i was to make hits today, i'd come up against the presently most hyped in the country, Rugged, i believe is the most hyped rapper around today. He's good, but where was he all along when hip hop was developing? Like Pac came up and sweeped most of the rap glories(not comparing him to Pac, don't' get it wrong), we forgot bout them Jam Master Jay, R.A.K.I.M, Uncle L, Dre, Lady of Rage and a host of veterans. Who remembers naija's Cashman Davies? Don't think all these new generation Hip Hop freaks (ask them what Jay-z's debut is and they'd tell u Black Album - we all know them i believe) even know him. Some are really lucky to know Jimmy Jatt because he still doing us proud.

So man, i don't have the figures, don't even know which is Rugged's or Modey's (sorry to say, not so interested in naija raps till i'm convinced, i'd rather stick to lagbaja cool, more african or Yinka Ayefele shocked) but i believe Rugged should sell more copies, if not 3 times more ("crap" sells and so does humorous diss, ask Nas or DMX and ask G-Unit!).

Note: what's crap to me may be food to you, no offence.

You've spoken my mind, most Nigerians are not yet ready for real hiphop but, what can make them dance, dance, dance and dance ,

Apart from that, this comparison between Modenine and Ruggedman is getting too much; from lyrics to most sold record , for God sake, Malcom IX and Pentium IX are not albums but Mixtapes, it's not enough to use them to compare Modenine with another artist- lets all wait for his debut album(yet to be released) and get a better yardstick, I heard he(Modenine) has feature 2Face on a song in the album- those that have heard say it's a party banger for sure.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by gbadex1(m): 9:22am On Nov 11, 2006
Aight then, i get what u mean.

Like one dude said (raymand i believe), Nigerians would rather listen to the beat of a song than the lyrics.

Concerning Nigerians not being ready for hiphop, i think it's rather hiphop evolving in this nation. Years ago, if u weren't doing reggae, u were in sh*t. And there were many misconceptions about hiphop as there is today.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by kaydee(m): 4:11am On Nov 19, 2006
Do all y'all know Ruggedman got a track with Paul Play back then? I heard the track in the year 2000. I can't remember the name but no one knew him then.That guy came up snitchin on some Artiste.If not for "Ehen and later "Big Bros".Look at Modenine,his skills made way for him.

I know what i'm saying when i say the industry's state of mind is far from Hip-Hop.How did someone like Eedris Abdulkareem and Rasky get record label?They will tell u anyday that they are Emcees too.Lot's of em like that. I dunno who is wacker between them.

Ruggedman is just another hungry guy.From positve to negative if ever he was positive.Very soon u'll witness another Emcee comin into limelight by dissin Ruggedman.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by samsick: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2006
@Kaydee yep yep!the track ruggedman did wit paul play was What If.He used the concept of Nas's If i Rule D World.4 real Ruggedman came into limelight by snitching on Eedris in particular.While Modenine put in works and came into mainstream the hard way!
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by Manta(m): 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2006
Nigerians will be so disappointed to finally discover there is no problem between Ruggedman and Modenine- and they end up with a collabo.

Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by Christino(m): 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2006
Did anyone say there was beef between them? I doubt.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by Arogz(m): 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2006
Whether Rugged got in2 d mainstream by disn eedris or not, he did it gud. He shut out all d wak mcs & is nw showin he's 1 of (if he's nt d 1) d illest on d mic. And anybdy sayn M9 & Ruged dnt av a beef brewn shld av a rethink. D track RuggedyBaba drew d line on dat subject. Its just dat unlike elDee & Freestyle, m9 & ruged knw hw 2 kip it on d low.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by kaydee(m): 12:19am On Nov 23, 2006
Yeah! Wack Emcees think they ill too."Wackness" is a disease really. I ain't sayin Rugged is wack but he ain't ill at all,if u think he's ill,lemme get his sickest flows.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by nosa101(f): 12:33am On Nov 23, 2006
why you dey rap like say you dey for jand
abeg spit somthin old man fit understand

or summat like that
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by kaydee(m): 12:38am On Nov 23, 2006
nosa101:

why you dey rap like say you dey for jand
abeg spit somthin old man fit understand

Is that Ruggedman?
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by gbadex1(m): 1:40am On Nov 23, 2006
No, that's OD on the track " don't hate".

Mode 9 groupies, u all sure "luv" mode 9.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by nosa101(f): 1:57am On Nov 23, 2006
there goes my little knowledge of Naija Hip Hop undecided

My bad then
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by samsick: 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2006
@gbade x:yes men we all love modeey u got any problem wit dat.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by whiteboy(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2006
Hey Samsick,
I think Thy album come sold more than Malcom IX. Its quite sure cos there were more hit tracks in Thy album come than Malcom IX. Or do you mean Pentium IX? Let me know!

Holla back bro!
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by samsick: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2006
Hey whiteboy what's crackin!MALCOLM IX ofcourse.Hey guyz i think i can reason wit ya opinions.Thy Album Come had more hits (DanceHall)but MALCOLM IX contained ill tracks that only HIP HOP heads will see stacks of it.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by Arogz(m): 10:34pm On Nov 23, 2006
PLEASE GO LISTEN TO RUGGEDYBABA!!!!! That's one of the bigest hip hop joints in Nigeria, Go listen to it and lemme know what u feel
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by hayprof(m): 12:33am On Nov 24, 2006
PLEASE GO LISTEN TO RUGGEDYBABA!!!!! That's one of the bigest hip hop joints in Nigeria, Go listen to it and let me know what u feel

Hey! u gat the track?
Y dont u put it up for us all. -then will can give u a reply lipsrsealed cool
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by kaydee(m): 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2006
hayprof:

Hey! u gat the track?
Y don't u put it up for us all. -then will can give u a reply lipsrsealed cool

Co-Sign.
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by Arogz(m): 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2006
Unfortunately, I don't think the album is out yet. I'll have it posted immediately I have it iite? And for y'all stayin in Lag, listen 2 d radio more often, u sure would hear it. It features Nice
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by ppanther(m): 3:13am On Nov 26, 2006
Nice thread.

Let's get over the personal
beef and focus on the issues.

First of all, I speak as a hip-hop
fan. I'm in neither Mode 9's or
Ruggedman's camp.

Mode 9 rhymes well, has
some kind of message, but lacks
a certain flow. Seems to be
"forming"

(Which is sad, because there was
this dope track where he sampled Nico
Mbarga's guitar. Man! Def groove, but
his flow was oh-so-lame)

Ruggedman on the other hand
doesn't really focus on message,
and he definitely has a unique
flow. ( Peace or War was cool!)

Word!
Re: Thy Album Come Vs Malcolm Ix by samsick: 7:23am On Nov 26, 2006
@Arogz i have listen 2 the track a couple of times there was nothing different from his old songs expect for the bragging he was making.Like Kaydee will say the industry's state of mind is far from Hip Hop.

(1) (Reply)

Chris Brown Beats Up Rihanna (Official Live Footage) / Dj Ten Ten Chilling Xmas Amplified Mixtape Mp3 Download / Top Quality Music @ Phat Wall Studios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.