Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

A Trap For Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Trap For Atheists (1221 Views)

What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Question For Atheists / How My Leg Got Caught By A Trap But Only My Footwear Sustained Injuries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Trap For Atheists by HCpaul(m): 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
Did you believe that their is no God?

I don't want your answer in Yes/No form but in a simple statements.
Re: A Trap For Atheists by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 4:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
I believe that God (of christian , Muslims, etc) does not exist

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Trap For Atheists by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
I do not know.

But I'm inclined to say no until I see convincing evidence.

1 Like

Re: A Trap For Atheists by HCpaul(m): 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

So atheism is truly a believe system
Re: A Trap For Atheists by SAMBARRY: 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
Lol@ a trap grin
Re: A Trap For Atheists by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2016
HCpaul:

So atheism is truly a believe system
Check your dictionary. There is "believe" and there is "belief".

When you are done, ask the MOD's to close this thread yourself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Trap For Atheists by Weah96: 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
Pyrrho:

Hahaha.

1 Like

Re: A Trap For Atheists by HCpaul(m): 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
Pyrrho:

I made a mistake as everyone does. It must have been caused by my smartphone dictionary.
Anyway, kudos to you for correcting me.

But please do not use that to derail the conversations.

You and your fellow always claimed that atheism is not a belief system #Jonnydon but U're here claiming that you don't believe in God but in atheism.
Express yourself more bro.
Re: A Trap For Atheists by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

What is the basis of your believing sire?
Plus you do know you've shot yourself in the Leg right...
Re: A Trap For Atheists by HCpaul(m): 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

What is the basis of your believing sire? Plus you do know you've shot yourself in the Leg right...
He ain't a smart atheist, he should have decode.
Re: A Trap For Atheists by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:30pm On Apr 02, 2016
HCpaul:

He ain't a smart atheist, he should have decode.
Showed he's just as confused as many others of his Kind on Nairaland....
Re: A Trap For Atheists by DrLazDevitan: 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2016
What do you understand by the words,''...belief system''?

If you were to ask an atheist,does a personal God exist? And he answered abruptly with a NO!

Does this show he has a belief system?

If he answered by logic faculty,does a logic shows belief system,or the necessitation of systemic rationalism?

Are doctrinal dogmatisms found on the spikes of belief system or creative rationalism?

Okay.Is a atheism associated with a belief system or rationale of thoughts through philosophizing?

What then do you think is DOCTRINAL(THEOLOGICAL) ETHICS and PHILOSOPHICAL(RATIONAL) ETHICS?

Which of these two will fastly develop into a BELIEF SYSTEM and the other will not? And,why?

HCPAUL.
Re: A Trap For Atheists by DrLazDevitan: 11:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
SirWere:
I do not know.

But I'm inclined to say no until I see convincing evidence.

On the otherside,there is yet no substantial providence to disclaiming the knowing that there is no god just there isn't any to avail for god's existence.
Re: A Trap For Atheists by taurus25(m): 11:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
here we go again grin..............atheism is lack of belief in the existence of god/gods.....the key word here is" LACK OF"

"If atheism is a religion or belief system, then abstinence is a sexual position."

2 Likes

Re: A Trap For Atheists by wiegraf: 8:09am On Apr 03, 2016
op, who told you that a lack of belief in a proposed god is mutually exclusive with a belief that said god does not exist
Re: A Trap For Atheists by HCpaul(m): 12:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
DrLazDevitan:
What do you understand by the words,''...belief system''?

If you were to ask an atheist,does a personal God exist? And he answered abruptly with a NO!

Does this show he has a belief system?

If he answered by logic faculty,does a logic shows belief system,or the necessitation of systemic rationalism?

Are doctrinal dogmatisms found on the spikes of belief system or creative rationalism
Okay.Is a atheism associated with a belief system or rationale of thoughts through philosophizing?

What then do you think is DOCTRINAL(THEOLOGICAL) ETHICS and PHILOSOPHICAL(RATIONAL) ETHICS?

Which of these two will fastly develop into a BELIEF SYSTEM and the other will not? And,why?

HCPAUL.

I am an advocate of philosophy and a theologians to be, but it pains me whenever atheists tried to be independent of God and at the same time independent of religion.

The Bible calls you people an unbelievers not because you lack belief in his existence but because you didn't acknowledge his kingship over your life.

Everyone is a believer and unbeliever at some extent depending on its application.
According to formal and propositional logic, a condition can only be true or false but cannot be both.
This implies that there is no neutral state. There is nothing like agnostic.
Is either you believe in something or you believe in another thing.
What you don't believe in mostly makes you to be called an unbeliever.

If you don't believe in the existence of a God, did you also believe that God doesn't exist?

Unless you lack the human central components responsible for believing, then you may independent of the belief methodology.

Atheism is a belief system and hence a religion.
Re: A Trap For Atheists by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
I can start listing all the reasons with proof that God doesn't exist but oh well Christians will still have a way to instill their belief system. Anymore threads like this or an athiest section I can go to would be gladly appreciated.
Re: A Trap For Atheists by kaboninc(m): 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2016
deathcomestoall:
I can start listing all the reasons with proof that God doesn't exist but oh well Christians will still have a way to instill their belief system. Anymore threads like this or an athiest section I can go to would be gladly appreciated.

Someday, just someday, Christianity might just be superstitious story parents tell their kids..like the Greek myths...

1 Like

Re: A Trap For Atheists by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
You are right.
kaboninc:

Someday, just someday, Christianity might just be superstitious story parents tell their kids..like the Greek myths...

(1) (Reply)

Germany Used To Be The Promised Land For Migrants. / What If Mary the Mother of Jesus Was A Prostitute? / Is Religion Evil? An Answer by a Former Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.