Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Offence To Drive A Dirty Car In Russia - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Offence To Drive A Dirty Car In Russia (722 Views)

When Does It Become Unlawful To Drive A Car Without A Registered Plate Number / How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos / Photos: How To Drive A Manual Car 15 Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Offence To Drive A Dirty Car In Russia by bdek(m): 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
I heard that it is an offence in Russia to drive a dirty car! is it true or false?
Re: Offence To Drive A Dirty Car In Russia by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
bdek:
I heard that it is an offence in Russia to drive a dirty car! is it true or false?
And what would be the punishment?
Re: Offence To Drive A Dirty Car In Russia by Lovetinz(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
Drivers in Moscow are currently facing what the city authorities have declared "clean car month".

Many cars have been out of use over the harsh winter. But motorists who fail to ensure that their vehicles are free of dirt and grime are liable to be fined.

Needless to say, it is not popular with car owners who are are questioning the legality of the move.

They say it is just an opportunity for unscrupulous traffic policemen to fine drivers.

In winter, some Russians simply keep their cars off the streets. Blizzards make driving difficult.

Temperatures of -20C and below can cause cars to seize up completely. In spring, vehicles reappear on the roads as if from hibernation.

Degrees of dirt

Motorists argue that Russian law is only broken if the number plates are obscured by grime.

Many traffic policemen, car owners say, take advantage of drivers' ignorance of the law to demand fines for offences real or imagined, or bribes to look the other way.

Motoring programmes on Moscow radio stations have been informing drivers of their rights, and encouraging them to challenge officers who stop them.

The website of the newspaper Izvestiya asked its readers for their views, and 46% agreed a car was dirty if the number plate was not visible.

Twenty three per cent said it was if the car had "wash me" written on it, 22% if the make or the colour of the car could not be determined. A stubborn 9% maintained that a car was dirty only if the actual driver was invisible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4938256.stm

(1) (Reply)

Ondo zip codes and postal codes in Nigeria / Important Of 3rd Party Insurance / URGENT Analysis.. Which Car Can I Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.