Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,197 members, 7,780,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:45 PM

Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia (44477 Views)

6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria / Another Narialander Roofing Project In Port Harcourt From Scaffold,parapet And R / Scaffolding, Parapet And Roofing Job At Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
The smoothness is assured. .......

1 Share

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by mufutau55(m): 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
sako28:

Sirs, Which parapet is cheaper, Precast or casted one

Precast.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by write2obi(m): 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2016
mufutau55:

Precast.

Hajji M.
Wow! But how come i still see contractors around here using the old method?
I went to a clients site last week to measure his house for tiles, and he was telling me how much he had to spend on wood alone for his parapets, i wanted to ask him why he didn't use the precast method, then i tot maybe it was too expensive for him.
Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by write2obi(m): 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2016
spyder880:
The smoothness is assured. .......
This is Julius berger standard oo. Good work Oga Spyper

1 Like

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by mufutau55(m): 12:05am On Apr 21, 2016
write2obi:

Wow! But how come i still see contractors around here using the old method?
I went to a clients site last week to measure his house for tiles, and he was telling me how much he had to spend on wood alone for his parapets, i wanted to ask him why he didn't use the precast method, then i tot maybe it was too expensive for him.

Every type has it's advantages and disadvantages... For me, I started my project years ago, so I called it "kobo-kobo" project.
I never anticipated of putting a parapet because of cost, so when I had a change of mind, I thought I don't have enough pillars to actually hold my building to truly accommodate the in-situ parapet, because of my poverty level I ended up using the precast parapet to save money and to also reduce weight on my building.
So whichever method you use depends on your pocket and your want.. In-situ parapets is better, bonded well with the building and last longer; but put more weight on the building, but that should not be a problem if you have enough pillars (columns) for the building.

So as you can read above... mine was based on cost... (I have Champagne taste, but with Lacasera money) smiley

I believe presently we have the following parapet models in order of cost:

In-situ parapet (which you called old method)
Aluminium parapet
Polystyrene (Foam) parapet - not sure of the spelling...
Precast parapet

So whichever you chose should be ok.

Hajji M.

7 Likes

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 4:52am On Apr 21, 2016
write2obi:

This is Julius berger standard oo. Good work Oga Spyper

Thank you bro cheesy
Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 4:58am On Apr 21, 2016
mufutau55:

Every type has it's advantages and disadvantages... For me, I started my project years ago, so I called it "kobo-kobo" project.
I never anticipated of putting a parapet because of cost, so when I had a change of mind, I thought I don't have enough pillars to actually hold my building to truly accommodate the in-situ parapet, because of my poverty level I ended up using the precast parapet to save money and to also reduce weight on my building.
So whichever method you use depends on your pocket and your want.. In-situ parapets is better, bonded well with the building and last longer; but put more weight on the building, but that should not be a problem if you have enough pillars (columns) for the building.

So as you can read above... mine was based on cost... (I have Champagne taste, but with Lacasera money) smiley

I believe presently we have the following parapet models in order of cost:

In-situ parapet (which you called old method)
Aluminium parapet
Polystyrene (Foam) parapet - not sure of the spelling...
Precast parapet

So whichever you chose should be ok.

Hajji M.

You are correct, pre cast is cheaper but my client in the Owerri block of flats wants the in situ cast, even after seeing the pre cast.
Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 3:20pm On Apr 21, 2016
Updates. .......

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 3:26pm On Apr 21, 2016
We have to cast to some level, to allow the insertion of tie beams

1 Like

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
Still hanging some sides........

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by Babueh: 1:38am On Apr 28, 2016
Any updates on this project?
Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 5:40am On Apr 28, 2016
Babueh:
Any updates on this project?
Work still ongoing.
Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 10:57pm On Apr 29, 2016
I was in this site today to inspect the progress of work here, we are in the completion stages and might start the roofing wood works by next week.

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
Pre cast parapet is beautiful, but it comes with its own share of challenges. .......

Moving to roofing this large house..........

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by mufutau55(m): 11:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
spyder880:
Pre cast parapet is beautiful, but it comes with its own share of challenges. .......
Moving to roofing this large house..........

True, true. And if anyone can conquer challenges; that person will be Spyder the "Builder of the Century".

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 11:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
mufutau55:

True, true. And if anyone can conquer challenges; that person will be Spyder the "Builder of the Century".

Hajji M.

Thank you Sir, Happy weekend.
Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by Babueh: 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2016
So Professor Spyder
What kind of challenges do pre cast parapets pose?
Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by Babueh: 9:14pm On May 03, 2016
Spyder answer me na a beg
Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 6:59am On May 04, 2016
Babueh:
So Professor Spyder
What kind of challenges do pre cast parapets pose?
The risk of collapse as most workers don't know accurate loading calculations and therefore overload a house. Due to the nature of pre cast parapet and the whole we work on its external sides, the risk of falls from heights is huge. The guy who did this work is lying in hospital as we speak.

Work is completed though.

2 Likes

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by write2obi(m): 12:09pm On May 04, 2016
spyder880:
Sir can you please, for the benefit of the weaker brethrens, can you educate us on some of the challenges?
Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by write2obi(m): 12:12pm On May 04, 2016
spyder880:
The guy who did this work is lying in hospital as we speak.

Work is completed though.
shocked . Hope he didn't sustain any serious injury?
Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by write2obi(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2016
write2obi:

Sir can you please, for the benefit of the weaker brethrens, can you educate us on some of the challenges?
Question has being answered.
Thank you Sir
Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 7:10am On Jun 22, 2016
We've done the roofing wood works here.......

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 7:15am On Jun 22, 2016
More.......

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 7:20am On Jun 22, 2016
We are already making arrangements to cover this roof with good aluminium sheets. .......

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 7:23am On Jun 22, 2016

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 10:45am On Jul 13, 2016
Roofing sheets, accessories now delivered to this site by my men. Roofing work started this morning. More pictures later.

Plastering also loading. .........
Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2016
From the underneath of this roofing job we did here........

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
Closer look on the roofing. .....

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by mufutau55(m): 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by mufutau55(m): 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2016
spyder880:
Closer look on the roofing. .....

Wow! Lovely Metcopo. Nice work Boss.

Kudos to @Kopell and @Fastshipping who persuaded me that I MUST use Metcoppo on my latest project.
And of course with Spyder show-casing all this wonderful roofs, nah who born monkey not to use the best.
Thanks for your inspirations Sypder.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia by spyder880(m): 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
From the outside. The plastering stage starts soon. .....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is How Demolitions Of Super Tall Buildings Are Done! / 3d Views Of Buildings By The Harneyproject Team / How Many Block To Fence 2 Plot Of Land (120 X 100)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.