Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones (33255 Views)

Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money / 6 Alarming Features That Makes Tecno C9 Beat All Other High-end Phones / Why People Still Spend A Lot Of Money On So Called High End Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
It all depends on what you look for in a phone jare.

some people buy phones for the camera, some for the name... some for battery.

check out Oukitel K10000.. that shiii packs 10000mAh battery and goes for 45k. I'd totally buy that cool
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
airsaylongcon:

The FBI just withdrew it's suit against Apple Inc. after successfully hacking an encrypted iPhone

That's why you should always upgrade your ios and iPhone. The dead man's device was an iPhone 5s running ios 9.0, which has bugs already fixed multiple times in updates with iosios 9.1, 9.2, 9.2.1, and so on. The current version of the ios is 9.3 which has been updated to 9.3.1 on the 31st of March 2016. This includes multiple security fixes, hence the non availability of cydia to hack it for now.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
datigbogirl:

"Bend the phone as they like" Typical of Kazeems dat bend Car Engines as they like till it knocks...no wonder Wizkid said: broke ppl always think they have an opinion....

Still dont understand what you are trying to say.... pls express yourself clearly, what are you trying to point out.... hmmm
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by tottinova: 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
ethene:

30k too is on the high side, there are good phone of 10k.

What phone are you using??
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by postmann: 12:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
Lezzlie:

You're missing alot!!!

A 290ppi resolution for a 5'' screen size is mediocre!!!

Not to mention sun-legibility, true multi-tasking, live-multitasking, camera features, e.g simultaneous video and camera recording in HD resolution.

Did i mention 4K video? That's the video resolution you can capture on a mobile and watch it on a colossal flat screen TV without losing pixel count.

Most high end devices supports wireless and quick charging technology.

Besides, like cars, high-end devices are statement of style and class!

Ok. We done hear. Who your note4 done help? undecided

Quote me and I shall have you for Sunday chicken.

Oh, na _lezzlie be that? Shun sir! I been think say na Lesotho.
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by harmless(m): 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
Op I believe you have gotten answers, maybe most are not what you expected.

But you must understand that there are reasons why these cheap phones dont sell in advanced countries like US, Canada, UK...think about it and figure it out. Do you think you are smarter than the people dr.

Having said that I presently have an iPhone, Samsung and a cheap Itel phone. I dumped the others and am using my itel prime 2 cos the specs I was looking for in a phone is ONLY available in the itel prime 2. I actually searched for it in various brands of iPhone and Samsung but was not available.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
kYjelly2:
k, my first smartphone was an apple iphone 3g and it was beautiful.

I always asked why people would buy such an expensive phone being as most other phones were cheap and worked fine, but then I saw a demo on the apple page about it opening full web pages and that was it for me.

Nowadays though, all smartphones open web pages, although some more elegantly than others, but all do nonetheless.

So now, years later, I find myself asking again why people would go for expensive devices when other cheaper devices exist that work fine. In this case though, I'm yet to see a compelling reason as I did the last time, cause it seems all phones are smart nowadays.

I just got an innjoo one droid and it has a 13mp cam, 5inch screen, decent resolution (290ppi), 2Gb ram and a fast processor, all for under 30k.

So what am I missing? I know the iphone 6's and Samsung S's of this world probably have a better build quality from glass to back materials and so on, but beyond build quality, what am I missing?

Thank your stars you are cutting the cloth according to your size. A lot of people don't. If you were a millionaire you most probably would NOT buy a 30K phone. It is more or less a law of life.

If you are indeed a millionaire but choose to use a 30K phone, then I apologise and - RESPECT!!
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
ethene:

30k too is on the high side, there are good phone of 10k.

Chisos !!! shocked
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Lezzlie(m): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
postmann:

Ok. We done hear. Who your note4 done help? undecided

Quote me and I shall have you for Sunday chicken.

Oh, na _le.zzlie be that? Shun sir! I been think say na Lesotho.
grin grin grin
Your emotional excitability will land you one day soon in my abbatoir!

Clownish Zany grin
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by litaninja(m): 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2016
Always amazing when this kinda topic comes up and people start mentioning techno, injoo, infinix and so on....
Really, its not a bad thing if those are the brands/specs you can afford....no problem at all. But don't go round opening threads like this to console yourself biko....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by sunshine1974(m): 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
The reason why people wanna buy xprnsive fone is simple......"im using the latest Iphone and it cost 200k" that's it, alot of Dem don't even get to access the phone properly.....a cousin of mine dat uses iphone 6 doesn't even know dere is something called screen grab.....imagine....majority just want to hold it and show off
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by postmann: 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
Lezzlie:
Your emotional excitability will land you one day soon in my abbatoir!

Clownish Zany grin

Who your grammar done help? Today na Sunday, I no dey fear you. Wait till Monday when office will resume, Oga _lezzlie.

And which abbatoir be that? I shall have my boys beat you up whenever you come around town.

Let's see if my touts understand those English you dey speak. They'll box you in the mouth, compressing your lips against your teeth. A good 4by4 plank will do well against your women-motivated-sixpacks.

No more bb updates showings us your object of pervertion. They'll break those hands of yours and your latest woman, _mimzuly will wonder what happened to you. You'll seize typing those sweet words that leave NL women queuing up, waiting for you to look their way.

Stay away from delta state on weekends.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Etizz: 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
gidimasters:
yea, even lesser(4,500), Im enjoying my itel 3 sim phone(java) that has a good fm radio(wireless) can even change ur voice 2 a girls voice, i enjoy my 2go v2.0 on it. it has 3.0m.p camera and 1.2mp front camera...What else do i need in a phone o

U need a processor....
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by gidimasters(m): 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
Etizz:

U need a processor....
What About RAM and CMOS battery
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Lezzlie(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
postmann:

Who your grammar done help? Today na Sunday, I no dey fear you. Wait till Monday when office will resume, Oga _lezzlie.

And which abbatoir be that? I shall have my boys beat you up whenever you come around town.

Let's see if my touts understand those English you dey speak. They'll box you in the mouth, compressing your lips against your teeth. A good 4by4 plank will do well against your women-motivated-sixpacks.

No more bb updates showings us your object of pervertion. They'll break those hands of yours and your latest woman, _mimzuly will wonder what happened to you. You'll seize typing those sweet words that leave NL women queuing up, waiting for you to look their way.

Stay away from delta state on weekends.

grin grin grin
I swear you're having conflict of cognitive stability!

Go get drunk and sleep it off!!
Cease derailing here!!!
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by titosantana(m): 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2016
gidimasters:
yea, even lesser(4,500), Im enjoying my itel 3 sim phone(java) that has a good fm radio(wireless) can even change ur voice 2 a girls voice, i enjoy my 2go v2.0 on it. it has 3.0m.p camera and 1.2mp front camera...What else do i need in a phone o
It is well bro, na condition go make man talk say he prefer ponmo to chicken.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by martineverest(m): 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
The op is right tho... People upgrade, especially the westerners because of Android OEMs and apple's software conspiracy.... They frustrates users with software upgrade by making the older phones slower and virus prone.....contrary to this, we change laptops less frequent because Microsoft software upgrade makes our laptops faster than ever
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
why would a person buy a toyota land cruiser when there's a Hyundai io?
why would a person buy a 70 inch samsung smart led tv when theres a 15 inch crt sony wega?
why would a person live in a two storey five bedroom house, when a two bedroom shack can serve?

because he has more disposable income.

stop all this empty minded sour grapes. we get it. at this stage in your life, you cannot afford to buy a high end phone. it is however extremely silly to knock high end phones for that reason, by lying to your self that there is no difference between an iphone and an injoo, a device other people have opened threads on nl to diss.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Etizz: 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
gidimasters:
What About RAM and CMOS battery

Lol.......
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by postmann: 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
Lezzlie:
I swear you're having conflict of cognitive stability!

Go get drunk and sleep it off!!
Cease derailing here!!!

Cognitive stabilicolitic, abi as you speak that grammar.
So as I threaten you reach you no dey fear? You still dey speak grammar for me.

I'll put a call through and learn from your secretary when next you'd be in town.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Lezzlie(m): 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
litaninja:
Always amazing when this kinda topic comes up and people start mentioning techno, injoo, infinix and so on....
Really, its not a bad thing if those are the brands/specs you can afford....no problem at all. But don't go round opening threads like this to console yourself biko....
My line of thought exactly. I did a quick Google-search of the device and the websites detailing its specs are all Nigerian and the company's own official website.

So not even the obsolete specs the OP listed can be independently verified!!!
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by lemolise(m): 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
CallmeKola:

Baba, don't overyhpe any apple product here. And what are you saying about it not hanging or freezing? Please carry out informed researches before spewing such ignorant statements. Also, what kind of applications have more quality than android devices? Lastly, I guess those celebrities whose iClouds got hacked were using Bontel now.
Back to the topic, I can't believe some of the comments I'm seeing. A lot of people are very ignorant. Just sad.

You made it sound as if they hacked their iCloud accounts individually.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by akanbiaa(m): 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
gidimasters:
Not forgetting battery that last for 4 days without charging.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by NigerianScholar: 1:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
kYjelly2:
k, my first smartphone was an apple iphone 3g and it was beautiful.

I always asked why people would buy such an expensive phone being as most other phones were cheap and worked fine, but then I saw a demo on the apple page about it opening full web pages and that was it for me.

Nowadays though, all smartphones open web pages, although some more elegantly than others, but all do nonetheless.

So now, years later, I find myself asking again why people would go for expensive devices when other cheaper devices exist that work fine. In this case though, I'm yet to see a compelling reason as I did the last time, cause it seems all phones are smart nowadays.

I just got an innjoo one droid and it has a 13mp cam, 5inch screen, decent resolution (290ppi), 2Gb ram and a fast processor, all for under 30k.

So what am I missing? I know the iphone 6's and Samsung S's of this world probably have a better build quality from glass to back materials and so on, but beyond build quality, what am I missing?

Some phones are special
Your phone is among d mid-range catergory. Ok. But......not too good
More advanced or expensive phones have features like. Fingerprint scanners. 128gb of space. 4k hd display. Voice enabled assistants. D new Samsung s7 has virtual reality. Sony xperia phones are water proof and can take pics under water

One lg phone has a special back that heals from scratches. The physical keypad on d BlackBerry Passport is touch enabled. BlackBerry z30 has a special antenna that makes ur network better. Eg higher Internet speed. Better signal strength compared to other phones. (useful to Nigerians) windows 10 phones work exactly lyk a pc

The list is endless. It just depends on what you want. It all boils down to what you want in a phone.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by postmann: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
@Lezzlie

Hey!!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by NigerianScholar: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dont compare an iphone to all dese china phones oooo

Quick question- have you ever used an iphone 6?
kYjelly2:

true! I started a search for my new phone at N12,000, after my old LG had been repaired twice by not so good techies undecided

with N12,000 I got 512mb phones which would be okay to just surf the web, check emails, chat online on popular social media networks...

However, I wanted the security of enough ram, just incase, so I moved my search up to the N16-N21,000 range, but then I had to cover the camera, lol, also just in case.

So again, I moved up my search, to the N21-N30,000 range and that's where I found the innjoo one with a true 13mp camera. The 2gb ram was just an added bonus, but boy, it's breezy. Live wallpapers are so fluid, no glitches at all, just water-like motions, pretty awesome!

...but yeah, you're soo right. If all you want to do it stay connected, surf the web, watch a couple youtube videos, use basic chat apps like facebook, whatsapp(nothing memory heavy like intense games), then the N10,000-N15,000 range is more than all right. Really makes me wonder why the iphone 6 is almost 200,000 if not more. makes me wonder undecided
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by NigerianScholar: 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
Just use an iphone 6s for a week. Ull even njoy it more with wifi cos u get benefits like cloud storage etc
kYjelly2:

so you also think taste might play a role in pricing?

in that case though, wouldn't one be merely paying for a "status symbol"? Like "Hey guy, I have an iphone 5s, what phone you got? innjoo? da fvck?"

specs are always so close these days, it's kinda getting harder to spot major differences.

though in some cases like "siri", props must be given for such innovation, but I wonder if slight edges in tech are worth such monstrous leaps in prices.

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by gidimasters(m): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2016
titosantana:

It is well bro, na condition go make man talk say he prefer ponmo to chicken.
lolsss see wetin dis one dy talk, cant stop lafin
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by gidimasters(m): 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
akanbiaa:
Not forgetting battery that last for 4 days without charging.

bro, abeg tell dem... i even have like 7 batteries den...
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by postmann: 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
Lezzlie:
My line of thought exactly. I did a quick Google-search of the device and the websites detailing its specs are all Nigerian and the company's own official website.

So not even the obsolete specs the OP listed can be independently verified!!!

You still dey here dey form prof.

How dare you leave my mention waiting?
You have crossed the line.

I'll get you a sizable hunk from one of the ND creeks. He'll teach you how not to keep the postman waiting.

Nonsense!
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by pinkiberry(m): 2:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
kYjelly2:

true! I started a search for my new phone at N12,000, after my old LG had been repaired twice by not so good techies undecided

with N12,000 I got 512mb phones which would be okay to just surf the web, check emails, chat online on popular social media networks...

However, I wanted the security of enough ram, just incase, so I moved my search up to the N16-N21,000 range, but then I had to cover the camera, lol, also just in case.

So again, I moved up my search, to the N21-N30,000 range and that's where I found the innjoo one with a true 13mp camera. The 2gb ram was just an added bonus, but boy, it's breezy. Live wallpapers are so fluid, no glitches at all, just water-like motions, pretty awesome!

...but yeah, you're soo right. If all you want to do it stay connected, surf the web, watch a couple youtube videos, use basic chat apps like facebook, whatsapp(nothing memory heavy like intense games), then the N10,000-N15,000 range is more than all right. Really makes me wonder why the iphone 6 is almost 200,000 if not more. makes me wonder undecided
so you mean to say innjoo one camera is very sharp. can I see a pic u snap wit it.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by airsaylongcon: 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
Posidonius:

That's why you should always upgrade your ios and iPhone. The dead man's device was an iPhone 5s running ios 9.0, which has bugs already fixed multiple times in updates with iosios 9.1, 9.2, 9.2.1, and so on. The current version of the ios is 9.3 which has been updated to 9.3.1 on the 31st of March 2016. This includes multiple security fixes, hence the non availability of cydia to hack it for now.

Emphasis is on "for now". And I'm sure Apple hasn't popularised the fact that the other versions are hackable. 9.3.1 will eventually be broken into. Talking about upgrade though. I upgraded my 5s to 9.2.1 and battery life collapsed. Could hardly give me 18hrs when I could get a day plus on 8.4. So as I am now I'm not sure I wanna upgrade

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Watch Live Matches, TV Programs And Movies On Tecno And Other Androids / How Much Have You Spent On Data Subscription This Year? / Latest Glo Data Plan 2018, Prices, Codes To Subscribe And Activate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.