Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD (29615 Views)

Latest Scholarships in Nigeria - Updated Daily - EDUREGARD / 5 Reasons Why You Might Want To Get A First Class Degree - EDUREGARD / The Deadly Mistake Nigerian Undergraduates Make - EDUREGARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by EduRegard: 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2016
Fear driven presentations and demonstrations often force youths to go to church while under the shields of some dominating forces, mostly parental. But not every young person will set going to church as a priority once he or she starts riding solo and under no real supervision.

We’ve heard some pretty strange statistics about church goers, most of which are female adults and least of which are the young and vibrant youths who are expected to keep close to God when they are still young and active.

All said, let’s see some 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church.

1. They Believe Church Is Boring – Since it's nothing like a party where ‘Lil Kesh’ would keep screaming a sinful phrase into their hearings, they don’t like it. They don’t fancy those left and right shifting dance steps vis-à-vis clapping in two’s at intervals. But let it be known that churches were never meant for entertainments. Maybe now that churches are singing ‘Godwin’, they might consider that.

2. They Believe The Church Is A Waste Of Time – The thing is, every one knows the message, “Jesus brings salvation”, “Jesus Is coming soon” etc. So why bother going to church to hear some repetitions of old sayings? This is also one of the reason why youths stay back from church, to them, they know the message the church is relaying.

3. They Don't Have Clothes – The church was never meant to be fashion runway. They just do not understand this. They are always hell-bent on looking fly to church, to impress who? Maybe that Lady smiling at the microphone as she leads the choir sing. So, as long as there is no new designer dress, no church.

4. They Believe The Church Wants Their Money – A couple of Naira that will go a long way in sorting Bread and Beans at that local restaurant is too big for them to drop for God. They believe they will save some cash by staying back home instead of going to church. Even though there are truly some churches that talk more about offering and tithe than the kingdom of God, it is well.

5. They Believe Life Is Better Without Religion – This is an assertion but with that perspective, they tend to neglect church since its the “pillar” of religion. Going by the norms and commandments of the church by being a Christian are hectic for others. Some of them don’t care much about religion but a better relationship with God.

6. They Believe They Don't Have Time – They believe some hours they will spend in church is better spent on cramming some aspects of that 201 course. Or probably spent tweeting and gathering twitter followers, or better still, to wash clothes, which is what they mostly do.

7. They Believe Worldly Engagements Are Sweeter – As long as there is power supply in the hood, larger percentage of the youths will shun church, you will hear sayings like “Devil already won today’s battle, but the war isn’t over yet”. Especially if the Super Eagles have a Match on that day, the church will be unconsciously scanty.

These and more others are the reasons why Nigerian Youths Hardly Go To Church. Feel free to add yours…

SOURCE : http://eduregard.com.ng/7-reasons-why-students-dont-go-to-church/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by mackhunter77: 9:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
yet they return to church after their youthful exuberance

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by EduRegard: 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2016
mackhunter77:
yet they return to church after their youthful exuberance
The fact that they don't go to Church doesn't actually mean they don't believe in God. But they are forced to go to church at times due to last resort, after they must have been countered by some more-than-physical forces.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by thesicilian: 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
I think I agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by osesology(m): 9:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
I agree with you, my brova...but I have observed that there isn't too many churches that preach salvation of the soul and the iminence of the kingdom of God, rather it's now more about financial stability and living the fanciful life, and to archieve this, huge tites are always collected.
Now we all know how hard Nigeria is, esp for the youths. The way they brainwash people these days, esp women, I begin to wonder if native doctors are now posing as pastors.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by sirthisthickkal: 10:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
undecided
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by xender(m): 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
fp 2mao
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by faray: 12:37am On Apr 03, 2016
Last seen at church
December 31, 2015 11:59pm

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by EduRegard: 2:29am On Apr 03, 2016
osesology:
I agree with you, my brova...but I have observed that there isn't too many churches that preach salvation of the soul and the iminence of the kingdom of God, rather it's now more about financial stability and living the fanciful life, and to archieve this, huge tites are always collected.
Now we all know how hard Nigeria is, esp for the youths. The way they brainwash people these days, esp women, I begin to wonder if native doctors are now posing as pastors.
but don't you think many churches resorted into such preaching of financial stability and all because they believe that's what the people need and it's the best way to keep them glued to the church??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by MrHighSea: 7:04am On Apr 03, 2016
Hmmm
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by PrinceFromDilli(m): 7:05am On Apr 03, 2016
Femi Aribisalas followers

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by niggi4life(m): 7:05am On Apr 03, 2016
Many of them that goes to church attend due to some of the wordly things as well.
1. Show off their latest clothes,bags,shoes and Cars
2. To catch a fine looking babe or handsome bobo.
Some even go to see if they can catch the pastor sef.
Church has truly turned into a social gathering.
I do go to church though but it is a Catholic church where the same sermon in Rome, Paris, Ghana, Australia, Brazil, USA, Canada, Switzerland and of course Nigeria are All the Same

38 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by kaziblake(f): 7:05am On Apr 03, 2016
I'm not going to church 2day.....because I don't have money.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by princeee1: 7:05am On Apr 03, 2016
because they re devils workshop
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by maxibrainz: 7:06am On Apr 03, 2016
Make I book space grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by adedam007(m): 7:07am On Apr 03, 2016
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Daraph(m): 7:07am On Apr 03, 2016
Ok
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by canalily(m): 7:07am On Apr 03, 2016
Who told you we dont go to churchangry

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:10am On Apr 03, 2016
8. Not everybody that goes to church will go to heaven.

9 and 10 coming soon!!

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Lovexme(m): 7:10am On Apr 03, 2016
Reading from my bed.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by james2man: 7:10am On Apr 03, 2016
Hmm.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by comradee1248: 7:10am On Apr 03, 2016
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Cutehector(m): 7:10am On Apr 03, 2016
I just love the Catholic church cool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by hobermener: 7:11am On Apr 03, 2016
Many churches are practically indistinguishable from private owned capital businesses. Fake prophecies everytime, private jets hia and dia, Pastorprenuers every wia! cry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Somcrizzy(m): 7:11am On Apr 03, 2016
Come to my place, youths own the church!!

Happy sunday to y'all.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 03, 2016
Who church don help?

Church is just an industry where people work yet they are the one paying their employers only to be told that their own reward would be in imaginary heaven grin

Talk about biggest scam ever grin

Donate your money to humanity/science and receive your reward here on earth or the universe that you are very sure it exists.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Cybertext(m): 7:12am On Apr 03, 2016
I'm guilty of 1,2,5,7
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by docphresh(m): 7:12am On Apr 03, 2016
kaziblake:
I'm not going to church 2day.....because I don't have money.
Telema come and take money and go to church...

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by ChappyChase: 7:13am On Apr 03, 2016
On my way to church..........
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by wilcox(m): 7:13am On Apr 03, 2016
There's no good reason for not going to church, but the truth is that when you go to church, always remain focus, even before you leave your house, because the things you see in most churches are just enough to discourage one from attending next Sunday service.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by vicola0281: 7:14am On Apr 03, 2016
.also because they can't trek to church no matter how close it is.
am guilty of dis too angry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Old Were You When You Graduated From Secondary School? / Nigerian Students In Sudan Awaiting Evacuation (Video/Photos) / Registration Procedure For On-line Registration For Unilorin 2008/2009 Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.