Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! (28338 Views)

Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 72nd Birthday Today / Fire Destroys Oladipo Diya's House In Lagos State (Photos) / Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 73rd Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by lalasticlala(m): 8:14am On Apr 03, 2016
Donaldson Oladipo Diya (born 3 April 1944) is a retired Lt. General in the Nigerian Army. He was appointed Military Governor of Ogun State from January 1984 to August 1985. As Chief of the General Staff, he was the de facto Vice President of Nigeria during the Sani Abacha military junta from 1994 until he was arrested for treason in 1997.

His Principal Staff Officer during this period was Bode George, who went on to have a stormy career with the People's Democratic Party after democracy was restored in 1999.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oladipo_Diya

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by eme1n(m): 8:18am On Apr 03, 2016
HBD sir..

2 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 03, 2016
This man escaped death severally. Happy bday to u sir

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by funnynation(m): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2016
Happy Birthday sir.. Even though I don't know him too well.

Nairaland official comedian
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by ajepako(f): 8:40am On Apr 03, 2016
Wow! how time flies..

This old general fits the yoruba adage: ENITI OLORUN O PA,

Translated: lf your death is not sanctioned by God, nobody or nothing can kill you..

Bless you, OMO YORUBA ATATA...

15 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by HopeAtHand: 8:42am On Apr 03, 2016
Best remembered for Infamously begging junior officers to spare his life.

Better to die in dignity than to live in shame.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by oilsuop: 8:46am On Apr 03, 2016
Our Yoruba weeping general sad

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 03, 2016
Congratulations...General without shame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8VM9hZMYZ0

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:47am On Apr 03, 2016
HopeAtHand:

My birthday wish for him is: sir, can you play the video tape of you begging Major Hamza Mustapha to spare your life.

8 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by seunmsg(m): 8:51am On Apr 03, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Life is more important than anything bro. Today he's alive to tell the story and Abacha is no more. Ojukwu started a war and ran away when defeat became obvious. That's to tell you even a war General that lost over two million of his people is not ready to lose his own life.

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by obontami: 9:09am On Apr 03, 2016
Happy birthday sir

1 Like

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:11am On Apr 03, 2016
Happy Birthday

1 Like

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by ElrayKhalifah(m): 9:19am On Apr 03, 2016
Knowledge9000:
Congratulations...General without shame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8VM9hZMYZ0
lol, that's when he's crying like a zombie begging abacha then.. Thanks to God for his life though

6 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 03, 2016
okay
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by HopeAtHand: 9:30am On Apr 03, 2016
seunmsg:

Life is more important than anything bro. Today he's alive to tell the story and Abacha is no more. Ojukwu started a war and ran away when defeat became obvious. That's to tell you even a war General that lost over two million of his people is not ready to lose his own life.

I take it from you that the reason be begged for his life is to tell his part of the story. Well, better to hear from the horses mouth direct. But the story in effect is one of shame, a story of subjection to indignity. I can count a million persons who will rather die than be subjected to kneeling and crying to a junior officer to live.

What the heck is life for goodness sakes. Abacha is dead, Al-mustapha will someday. Death comes sooner or later, but that indignity is engraved in history.

15 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 03, 2016
You go fear nah!

Old soldier never die
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by hucienda: 9:45am On Apr 03, 2016
The Weeping General... smh

Worse off his shame was captured on tape for all eternity.

Wish him a good anniversary tho.

7 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by hurricaneChris: 10:06am On Apr 03, 2016
this general is famous. grin

3 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by dahaz(m): 10:22am On Apr 03, 2016
That is a lesson to us.The same Abacha he begged to save his life is no more today.

Happy birthday General sir!

11 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by IVORY2009(m): 10:25am On Apr 03, 2016
Happie birthday my general
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by babyfaceafrica: 10:28am On Apr 03, 2016
HopeAtHand:

I take it from you that the reason be begged for his life is to tell his part of the story. Well, better to hear from the horses mouth direct. But the story in effect is one of shame, a story of subjection to indignity. I can count a million persons who will rather die than be subjected to kneeling and crying to a junior officer to live.

What the heck is life for goodness sakes. Abacha is dead, Al-mustapha will someday. Death comes sooner or later, but that indignity is engraved in history.
super story....we only live once.....so let us make the best of it...what shall it profit a man to die early and have nothing to show for it!!

9 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by EastLebanon(m): 10:28am On Apr 03, 2016
seunmsg:

2 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by yarimo(m): 10:30am On Apr 03, 2016
grin grin grin grin guy u want to kill some people with this ur coment
oilsuop:
Our Yoruba weeping general sad

3 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by sleepingTROUBLE: 10:58am On Apr 03, 2016
The cry baby of the waste land.

9 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Hafter1: 11:45am On Apr 03, 2016
sleepingTROUBLE:
The cry baby of the waste land.

Descendant of the abijan tourst ojuku from the sad beast land.

11 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by MonPro: 11:59am On Apr 03, 2016
Cry cry General. Typically yoruba!

If the 'crying' evidence wasn't captured on camera they would have called everyone 'gullible Ipods' for believing the story. grin grin cheesy cheesy

More cowardly years to his yoruba life. lmao!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by seunmsg(m): 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
HopeAtHand:

The story may appear as that of shame and indignity to you but to him and his loved ones, it's a sweet story of survival against all odds. Today, his family will roll out the drum and celebrate him. That we are even here on NL talking about him says it all.

Death is an inevitable end of every being but we all desire to live as long as possible. If it can be helped, nobody wants to die till it becomes inevitable. That's why we all can go to any length to survive. That's also why an Ojukwu can run for his dear life after leading over 2 million people to death. Life is precious and nobody will want to lose it if it can still be helped.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by highpriest4: 12:13pm On Apr 03, 2016
Lalasticlala wan provoke some people.

BTW na fp dis one dey go

Counting down .........7 6 5 4....
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Demily(m): 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
happy bday 2 him
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by san316(m): 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2016
Congratulations. Happy birthday sir.

Reminds me of my primary 3 teacher, Mrs Diya.

Fear fear Yoruba man sha.

Was making Almustapha to shine.
I wonder what he wrote in that his book.

1 Like

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
Funny comments everywhere
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 72nd Birthday Today! by Hafter1: 2:49pm On Apr 03, 2016
MonPro:
Cry cry General. Typically yoruba!

If the 'crying' evidence wasn't captured on camera they would have called 'gullible' ipoDs for believing the story. grin grin cheesy cheesy

More cowardly years to his yoruba life. lmao!

But ojuku of cursed memory who happens to be the god of the Ibos remains the greatest coward ever liveth. The pedophille ran away after losing 3 million flat heads, he is a disgrace to all military men both dead and alive.

28 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts / Why U.S, UK, Others Are Monitoring Magu’s Probe / Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.