Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 (73004 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by solidman59(m): 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
No offense? Seriously
RobinHez:

No offence bro.
But This is the most senseless comment I've read on Nairaland. smiley
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by hustla(m): 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2016
I wonder why the fees have gone up this much
I remember paying 319,000 in 200L,increased to 420,000 in 400L, that's about 2011. Funny enough, I don't think the staffs are that well paid.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by kobonaire(m): 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2016
kudoxs:
me wey study computer science for Unilorin for 4 years sef no pay reach the amount for one session in Convenant, but i believe the advantages of this kinda school is you have the best kinda practical training and you get to connect with children of people in high places in the society; which matters a lot in this our country.
Good point about the connections.
How's your CS program at Unilorin - do they produce good programmers?
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by mrobruche: 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2016
LordIsaac:
So, almost a million to study Chemistry per annum yet non of them has invented anything just like myself who studied in UniJos!

Shame shame. So why did you go to get a degree? Refund all your sponsors spent on your university education.

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Icaretoo: 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
[quote author=Yustash001 post=44366995]Kilode...just their school fees in a session will pay my bills through out my undergraduate level..[/quo

Wat are u saying
One third of the money will pay my fees for my whole stay in the university
Atbu all the way.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Noble4life(m): 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
martineverest:
the best comment on this thread.... Church I'd now business; no longer for humanities... Missionaries were the real Christians; not what we have now

This is y el rufai wants to regulate religion; it's no longer a charitable organization,but a money-making business.
Thanks My Broda. I'm Really Pained 'cos I See This Things And I Wish I Could Do More. Abeg!! The Church No Dey Try At All.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by missyadorable(f): 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
yellowbeauty:
see money..... And this school is being owned by a pastor

Pastorpreneurs everywhere

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Drdonzeez(m): 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
Misfe:
The fees above are fake....only medical students pay close to a million naira others pay less than less than and a lil bit above 1/2 a million...
DON'T JUST WRITE WHAT YOU ARE NOT SURE Of
And which medical course do they offer?I'm afraid you're the one writing what you don't know.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Drdonzeez(m): 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
Misfe:
The fees above are fake....only medical students pay close to a million naira others pay less than less than and a lil bit above 1/2 a million...
And which medical course do they offer?I'm afraid you're the one writing what you don't know. angry
Misfe:
And which medical course do they offer?I'm afraid you're the one writing what you don't know.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Spybradd: 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
karlswizzy:

haahahahahaha....lollll....buhahahahahaha.....nĂ² worry,e go better but,haaaahahaha....
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by martineverest(m): 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
Noble4life:
Thanks My Broda. I'm Really Pained 'cos I See This Things And I Wish I Could Do More. Abeg!! The Church No Dey Try At All.
I stopped paying tithe; it have been channeled to the wretcheds and orphans
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by martolux(m): 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
samju100:
sometimes I just sorry for our generation on how we reason.
ask yourself this questions
1) how much salaries are dey gonna pay ( eg professor, doctor etc)
2) how much facilities on ground.
3) population of the students compare to government institutions
bf you begin to cast the pastor check on those question.
let them reduce their fee to what an average Nigerian parents can afford and see if there would be increase in d no of applicants or not.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Spybradd: 4:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
Buhari sef..
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by birmingham04: 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
kcwitch:

Be informed before you speak sir. There is a full scholarship programme for the poor amongst other welfare platforms. Be informed before conclusion. Get all the premises first.
What is the percentage of people giving scholarship maybe 2% or 50 members. Synagogue Church of All Nations has more than 3000 people on their scholarship scheme from nursery to university to both members and non members.Prophet TB Joshua only man of God in Nigeria with pure heart of giving.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by CaptainRahl(m): 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
LordIsaac:
So, almost a million to study Chemistry per annum yet non of them has invented anything just like myself who studied in UniJos!
...So easy to spot a jossite anywhere!!
I'm sure u hv stories to tell us about A1 lecture hall...

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by kobonaire(m): 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
hustla:
I wonder why the fees have gone up this much
I remember paying 319,000 in 200L,increased to 420,000 in 400L, that's about 2011. Funny enough, I don't think the staffs are that well paid.
Actually, their lecturers are paid quite a competitive salary:
Senior lecturer can make up to N5M/annum
while a professor can make up to N7M/annum
sauce: http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/content/download/19247/124369/file/CU%20Academic%20Staff%20Advert.pdf

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by kobonaire(m): 5:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
birmingham04:
What is the percentage of people giving scholarship maybe 2% or 50 members. Synagogue Church of All Nations has more than 3000 people on their scholarship scheme from nursery to university to both members and non members.Prophet TB Joshua only man of God in Nigeria with pure heart of giving.
He has an even bigger 'pure heart' of taking tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by deeway200(m): 5:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
Please go and start ur University and make it free. I easily know poor men or average men by what they say because they don't make tangible decision

4 Likes

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
its not their fault. its d govt that cause it.d govt shul improve d govt universities and ensure constant strike actions by govt universities are limited.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by ajepako(f): 5:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
My LASU school fees?

1996 as a jambite: 1,570 plus GNS textbook

1997: N260

1998:280

1999: N280

But l dey collect 10K from my papa for house..

Chai...God bless baba Titi.....

Oya amebo: go tell am grin grin grin grin
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
LordIsaac:

In Unijos...the government pays a lot of money in the form of ''invisible'' subsides so that you don't have to pay high school fees.

In Covenant....Oyedepo receives zero funding from the government...so he has to charge high school fees....or else he would have been forced to close down his school due to lack of funds to pay staff salaries, equipment costs, utility bills, etc.

3 Likes

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Ay04z(m): 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2016
martolux:
it is not about the amount you pay...some parents paid less dan 120k in some federal universities and their kids made them proud. Lets ask for brilliant kids.
brodar convenant is in my backyard here in ota Ogun state and I have been there to look tinz around ...my guy the facilities is top notch and superp......federal institution lack facilities bro...
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Enterpro, see school fee!!!!

I don't think I paid 300k in total for the 4 years I spent in OAU even after buying bed spaces in 200 and 300 level @ 55k each.

I wan know wetin them dey teach for this school sha shocked

OAU is funded by the Government....which pays salaries, utility fees, and so on.

Covenant is not funded by the government...which means either you charge high fees...or you pay your lecturers salaries of N30000 monthly...for example.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Pedagogue: 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
Google63:

You want to compare OAU with Covenant? Quality education is expensive babe. What course did you study? Let's start from there.

Really!!!

What a crude joke! So Covenant is beta than OAU because your tuition is unjustifiably expensive?

I studied medicine in Great Ife.

Albeit I hate childish tantrums, educating ppl lik u is now my hobby...

I'm eagerly waiting for ur response.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by uboma(m): 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
yellowbeauty:
see money..... And this school is being owned by a pastor

one wonders how many of his Church members can afford to send their wards to his school?
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Acidosis(m): 5:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Enterpro, see school fee!!!!

I don't think I paid 300k in total for the 4 years I spent in OAU even after buying bed spaces in 200 and 300 level @ 55k each.

I wan know wetin them dey teach for this school sha shocked

That money cannot cover ordinary ticket and visa requirements for some Nigerians studying abroad. You can't afford it, but others can.

Why should I go to OAU, when I can afford Harvard? Just give me one reason.

Why should I go to OAU, when I can afford Covenant?

3 Likes

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Sunnykaka(m): 5:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
And na church members build am ooooo...rubbish
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
anjigirl:
This is a university built with tithes payers money but sadly 99 percent can not afford to send their children there

So...where do you expect Oyedepo to find money to pay staff, fund equipment, expand facilities, pay for utility bills, and pay for generator costs....as well as maintenance costs.

I am not a fan of Oyedepo. I even think his brand of Christianity is flawed seriously. But...what do you want him to do re university? Do you want him to charge at the same level as government universities....without the funding that government universities receive every year?

It costs $110million to fund a university yearly. That is N39bn naira. Which is probably more than the tithes Oyedepo gets...and he still has to pay pastors, church staff, and the staff at the various church run institutions,....including several educational institutions. So...either he charges high fees...or closes the university.(And JAMB is complaining that the number of available spaces for students at unviersity is less than the number of students who pass JAMB every year).

Let us start being real as Nigerians. Education is not awoof. And even the government universities are bad because the millions spent are not enough to fund them properly.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
Sunnykaka:
And na church members build am ooooo...rubbish

Yes...and he gets no funding from government.

The reason why you pay low fees at the government instituiton is because the government heavily subsidies your education...and even then the money is reducing.

If not...you would be paying fees of N600,000 and above.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by RobinHez(m): 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
adsami1:

Gerrarra here. Y wil u even compare Harvard nd world unis wt 9ja own? Abi u nor knw the ranking of our own worldwide?
LOL... I'll wait for u to figure out my point. smiley
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
Pedagogue:

Really!!!

What a crude joke! So Covenant is beta than OAU because your tuition is unjustifiably expensive?

I studied medicine in Great Ife.

Albeit I hate childish tantrums, educating ppl lik u is now my hobby...

I'm eagerly waiting for ur response.

I studied Medicine in another Government university.

And the reason why we pay low fees...unlike Babcock for example which pays N800000 per annum for a place at Ben Carson medical School...is because Government subsidies keep it low.

Even then...the subsidy money is not enough. Universities need far more money than what government pays for them.

(It costs N600000-N1.2 million to train a graduate in Nigeria by the way.)

Oyedepo and many other private university owners do not get grants from government . Meanwhile they have to pay staff salaries. And the salary of a Professor now is N700000. Senior lecturers get N400000.

Where does he find the money? It can't be from the skies. (And he still has a church to run, and several church run institutions to run too.)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures / Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot / Anambra State University Exam Questions For Final Year Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.