Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? (1487 Views)

How Do I Protect My Tech Ideas In Nigeria & Everything I Need To Know Please... / Top 5 Techniquies To Over Come From Anxiety / Online Forums For Scientific Innovations And Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
I've been sitting here for the past hour, trying to come up with an idea of what to write as a post. And I can't think of anything. No matter how hard I try, I just keep pressing the new topic button and then closing the browser tab.

Meanwhile, I've been churning out songs. I just keep coming up with tunes and lyrics. Even when I DON'T want to.

And it just got me thinking. Where do these things come from? Eureka moments, ideas that come from literally nowhere and just spring up anytime they want?

Why are some people more creative than others? Why is it uneven and unpredictable?

Share your thoughts abeg.
Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by Dawdy(m): 1:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
Quran 2:269 He gives wisdom to whom He wills, and whoever has been given wisdom has certainly been given much good. And none will remember except those of understanding.

4 Likes

Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by saintneo(m): 5:48am On Apr 04, 2016
God is the originator of ideas, no offence to atheists.

Ideas coming to life is like a spark. There needs to be proper excitation for an idea to be generated.

Back in the University, we had an assignment on deriving Townsend's second equation on breakdown of gaseous insulation. For two weeks we had no result. We came together as a class to solve it, yet for another 1 hour of joint session we could make any head way. On our way out of the classroom, I bought a bottle of coke to quench my thirst; before I could finish the coke, I had my eureka moment, and the rest was history.

Some friends attributed my solution to the quantum energies from the coke storming my brains with some alpha particles .... lol!

3 Likes

Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
cry embarassed This same ish happened to me last friggin night

No matter what I did, how much I tried, I just couldn't solve the damn hyperbolic functions differentiations in front of me. I gave up at around 1:00am and went to sleep.
Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by greatgolis90: 11:38am On Apr 05, 2016
4rm d world of forms( abstract world).
Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
SirWere:
cry embarassed This same ish happened to me last friggin night

No matter what I did, how much I tried, I just couldn't solve the damn hyperbolic functions differentiations in front of me. I gave up at around 1:00am and went to sleep.

Haha. grin you too have reached that painful point in every mathematician's life. Hyperbolic functions. I also had trouble with the entire thing. from the Identities, to the differentiation, and integration.

Ironically, it was when I abandoned it for like three days and came back to it that I got it. Which raises another important aspect of Ideas. They don't seem to correlate with level of knowledge, or effort. it's like they just come and do their thing and go.
Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by Booyakasha(f): 2:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
Teempakguy:
Haha. grin you too have reached that painful point in every mathematician's life. Hyperbolic functions. I also had trouble with the entire thing. from the Identities, to the differentiation, and integration.

Ironically, it was when I abandoned it for like three days and came back to it that I got it. Which raises another important aspect of Ideas. They don't seem to correlate with level of knowledge, or effort. it's like they just come and do their thing and go.

do you even exist?? i need ideas man.. hit me up when you're chanced.. she'll soon be ready..
Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
Teempakguy:

I swear ehn......... Those functions are just annoying me. I'm now cramming Maths embarassedembarassed

Back to the Topic, Ideas are somehow crazy, they elude you WHEN you think about it, but then, out of the blue, when doing something totally unrelated, they just come flooding in.

crycrycrycry
I'm sure it has to do with the workings of the brain.

angry
Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by Blakjewelry(m): 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
Fool s to breed a specimen ( probably human because they have more complex brain) to adulthood in isolation and their brain activity and mental capacity.
My expected result is that the specimen will be in a state of constant state of confusion and curiosity, and I think curiosity I leads to the search for knowledge.
Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by tartar9(m): 10:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
from the kidney sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by tartar9(m): 10:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
Teempakguy:
I've been sitting here for the past hour, trying to come up with an idea of what to write as a post. And I can't think of anything. No matter how hard I try, I just keep pressing the new topic button and then closing the browser tab.

Meanwhile, I've been churning out songs. I just keep coming up with tunes and lyrics. Even when I DON'T want to.

And it just got me thinking. Where do these things come from? Eureka moments, ideas that come from literally nowhere and just spring up anytime they want?

Why are some people more creative than others? Why is it uneven and unpredictable?

from the subconscious mind of course.
Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by juicydiceyjoe(m): 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
In the shower cool
Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 15, 2016
Teempakguy:

Ideas are given to everybody, just that the devil has deprived some from it. just by looking at the ground, you can generate an idea, but we have clung too long to books.And if you must know, knowledge was given by devils, not by God! Technology was never meant to be part of our world!

Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 15, 2016
Teempakguy:

One day, I had a dream, and in the dream, I saw how to develop a new scientific calculator. It came and went and I was so certain!
Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by Dayoto: 9:03pm On May 12, 2017
. . . I don't really know and can't really say. but, the only thing I realise is that if I should strain my brain awhile for a particular thing without getting it right, MY MAGIC RABBIT will just bring the solution out of no where. I'll just find myself doing it right.
For example, was trying to compose a song, some songs, or just any song at all, but couldn't get it right. The Idea of how to start, where to start from, the title (at least to lead me on) just went a whole honey moon somewhere in Dubai and I couldn't get it right. So, after leaving it and kept the book and the pen back to their estate, logged in to Nairaland to check WHATs ON, made some funny comments on some girls posts on facebook, returned to the compound of my undies with my BLOKUS laughing at each other... Dayuuum! It all started! The idea just started coming (can't imagine). To the extent that I wrote almost three songs that very day. Teempakguy... In fact....
Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by hahn(m): 9:41pm On May 12, 2017
tartar9:
from the kidney sad

Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by hahn(m): 9:51pm On May 12, 2017
Teempakguy:

Don't be hard on yourself. Since it is easier for you to get tunes and lyrics stick with that or go to sleep and relax your mind

Ideas can come from anything. Experiences, failures, problems, challenges etc

No one is really more creative than the other. The only thing that differentiates us is the fact that these so called creative people don't give up. They keep trying and thinking. Even geniuses have times when their brain doesn't seem to function but instead of complaining they simply turn off, get a drink, go out or watch a movie. Some times you need a distraction

With practice creativity can become predictable. It just takes time
Re: Where Do You Think Ideas Come From? by youngelder(m): 12:16pm On May 15, 2017
ideas... yes. ideas come from the subconscious...as a wave form. and during oscillation, they hit u. that is why people get ideas/inspired at random times and from random things.

however, whenever you brainstorm... the brain tries to connect Different things, like past experiences, deja vu moments, gained knowledge and experience...buh when the (ideas) waves intersect with the brain work at the perfect frequency...

an idea is born!!!

(1) (Reply)

Some Interesting Facts About The Solar System / Download Over 120 Graphic Design Video Tutorials / Cyber Bullying - The Nigerian Case Study (nairaland & Facebook)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.