Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

My Brother Needs Your Help Please :( - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Brother Needs Your Help Please :( (803 Views)

Nobody / Help, I Spent The New Year In The Hospital With my Brother / Re: My Brother's Wife Has Attained Pre-mature Menopause! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother Needs Your Help Please :( by Walexz02(m): 8:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
Good day to you all good people of Nairaland.
Last year I created a topic making enquiries on the illness of my brother who was brought to UCH Ibadan from lagos state.
He had an accident which resulted in leg fracture which he was managing untill September last year when he lost control to both of his lower limbs.

https://www.nairaland.com/2626954/doctor-should-oplease-us

At UCH ibadan doctors said he had chronic oesteomaleitis and upon doing further tests they said he had tubaclosis of the spine .
They commenced treatment and started giving him "anti cough" which they said would yield positive results upon taking it for 3-4months .
At some point they suggested that we should raise money for surgery if we want him to recover quickly. We raised 300,000naira.
Just a week after we raised the money they asked us to do MRI test which we did (it cost 75k) we did other tests too which gulp up almost all the money we have then.

4 weeks After these tests, they asked us to repeat MRI but we don't have the money, our consultant suggest that we should do ultrasound which is cheaper than MRI. We did it and after the test they said he may not be needing surgery again that he shoud continue taking the "anti cough".

He has multiple bed sours on his back and both hips which we have been managing few weeks after he was admitted into the hospital.
We have been in UCH ibadan since October Last year my good people, and bed fee is 1000/day.

Early last month when our consultant came he said we should bring money for surgery (to check what is going on in his back ) since he has used "anti cough" for more than 4months with out much significant result.

Two weeks later when our consultant came he asked that we be discharged from the hospital since we couldn't raise money for surgery. The bed sours are still there which we can not manage at home ourselves.

Please good people of Nairaland my brother needs your help, my family needs your help. Please come to our aid, we need 350,000naiara to perform this surgery. And we have only raised 120,000

Cc
TeHN
R231
Pickabeau
Jay bee
Bigtt76
ChelseaDr
Olrotimi

dominique, Sissy3
Re: My Brother Needs Your Help Please :( by bigtt76(f): 8:28pm On Apr 03, 2016
Please can anyone help verify this issue? Sad to hear this issue still persists undecided
Re: My Brother Needs Your Help Please :( by ChelseaDr(m): 9:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
Walexz02:
Good day to you all good people of Nairaland.
Last year I created a topic making enquiries on the illness of my brother who was brought to UCH Ibadan from lagos state.
He had an accident which resulted in leg fracture which he was managing untill September last year when he lost control to both of his lower limbs.

https://www.nairaland.com/2626954/doctor-should-oplease-us

At UCH ibadan doctors said he had chronic oesteomaleitis and upon doing further tests they said he had tubaclosis of the spine .
They commenced treatment and started giving him "anti cough" which they said would yield positive results upon taking it for 3-4months .
At some point they suggested that we should raise money for surgery if we want him to recover quickly. We raised 300,000naira.
Just a week after we raised the money they asked us to do MRI test which we did (it cost 75k) we did other tests too which gulp up almost all the money we have then.

4 weeks After these tests, they asked us to repeat MRI but we don't have the money, our consultant suggest that we should do ultrasound which is cheaper than MRI. We did it and after the test they said he may not be needing surgery again that he shoud continue taking the "anti cough".

He has multiple bed sours on his back and both hips which we have been managing few weeks after he was admitted into the hospital.
We have been in UCH ibadan since October Last year my good people, and bed fee is 1000/day.

Early last month when our consultant came he said we should bring money for surgery (to check what is going on in his back ) since he has used "anti cough" for more than 4months with out much significant result.

Two weeks later when our consultant came he asked that we be discharged from the hospital since we couldn't raise money for surgery. The bed sours are still there which we can not manage at home ourselves.

Please good people of Nairaland my brother needs your help, my family needs your help. Please come to our aid, we need 350,000naiara to perform this surgery. And we have only raised 120,000

Cc
TeHN
R231
Pickabeau
Jay bee
Bigtt76
ChelseaDr
Olrotimi

dominique, Sissy3

Noted, will get back to you
Re: My Brother Needs Your Help Please :( by Walexz02(m): 9:38am On Apr 04, 2016
@bigtt76 we are still in the hospital ward. Anybody can come for the verification.
Re: My Brother Needs Your Help Please :( by Walexz02(m): 9:45am On Apr 04, 2016
Thanks @chelseaDr.
I am a prospective corps member and I have been praying that he be discharged from hospital before I leave for service.
Had I known we would be staying this long in the hospital I would have postponed my service year.

(1) (Reply)

Onitsha, Aba, Umahia And Kaduna Named In WHO Report As The Most Polluted Cities / Psychotic Disorders: Avoid Drugs / Onitsha, World's Dirtiest City : CNN Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.