Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Panama Papers Updates Live Thread - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Panama Papers Updates Live Thread (39703 Views)

US Government, Soros Funded Panama Papers To Attack Putin – Wikileaks / Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. / Panama Papers Leaks...named World Leaders Hiding Wealth In Offshore Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 8:52am On Apr 06, 2016
Infantino's name comes up in papers, Seeks UEFA Clarification for any wrongdoing
Infantino is named on a contract with Cross Trading that concerns the Ecuadorian rights for Uefa Champions League football between 2006-7 and 2008-9.

Source: http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35966433

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 8:54am On Apr 06, 2016
President Obama has made a statement regarding the United States Treasury Department's actions yesterday in helping prevent corporate tax inversions. More information regarding his actual statement, along with a description on the Treasury's new regulations, at the link below.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/04/05/obama-calls-congress-fix-corporate-inversions/82652238/
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 8:56am On Apr 06, 2016
France puts Panama back on tax haven blacklist.

"Panama is a country that wanted us to believe that it could respect the main international tax principles and thus it was taken off the tax haven blacklist," -Michel Sapin, Minister of Finance.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by DealMogul(m): 9:06am On Apr 06, 2016
jpphilips:

Because Mujaheddin received training to resist Russia occupation means the west laid the foundation for terrorism? So because the Nigerian army officers receive training at Sandhurst, they are free to become terrorists right?
where are thy brain oh ye Nigerian youth?

grin grin grin

The comments here ehn...

I think that's the beauty of free speech. Any misguided and uninformed individual can have an opinion
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Phelicx(m): 9:10am On Apr 06, 2016
My thought... at the end of these revelations, who wants to prosecute these men? I'll advice they stop wasting their precious time on the Pana thingy. These people involved obviously are TOO POWERFUL to be touched.

So let's cut the chase, and concentrate on what is eating us deep in Naija - fuels scarcity and the economy. #myview

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 9:10am On Apr 06, 2016
Tkester2:

My man, I honestly wish I can tune it down, but this guy missy89 is such an annoying bastard. I can't honestly figure out how a living being will willingly devout his life to lying and misrepresenting obvious facts.

Just take for example, the leaks today from that dubious so called panama leaks - This is a leak supposedly made by ICIJ (for whatever nonsense that means), the leak has nothing to do with Vladimir Putin, in fact even the so called Putin's associate is not even his direct friend, but, a friend of Putin's friend, and by the way only one person was mentioned that has something remotely directly to do with Putin, and this involves an amount a state governor in the poorest state in a remote country like Nigeria can pull together, just $1b and guess what? Putin's image is being used as a cover page for the panama leaks by the western media.

I ask you isn't that indicative of how low this western junks have sunken in recent years? all in a bid to pull down Putin. You see why I am mortally angry with these idiots who come only to rant nonsense especially that guy missy89. For over 10 years the west has been on top of their voices on how corrupt Putin is, yet in these years of noise making no single acct or asset has been traced to Putin, even the so called Panama report has nothing remotely to do with Putin. This is very Pathetic, and in this midst of all these nonsense, a black ass man, whose very own ass Putin is trying to save will come online to talk nonsense.

I tell you if I were to have a live discussion with any of these western trolls it will not end well between me and them. God damn it! Putin has achieved in Russia what no leader has been able to achieve throughout human history and I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Obama always jumps up and down reminding the US of how he reduced unemployment rate from 10% when he came in 2008 to 4.6% as we speak, and as surprising as that may sound that is all he has to show for the 8years that he was POTUS. Yet even with this achievement he doubled the US corporate debt. In fact, in dollar value he is the most indebted presidency in the US history. Contrasting his miniature achievements with Putin's, here is a man who handled Russia in a state of comatose, unemployment rate was at 48%, hear me, I said 48% in 2000, Russia's corporate debt was at 80%, one the most deadly statistics has it that Russia has a birth deficit of 3%. In fact at that time a joke was circulating in NY where Americans where mocking the Russians of how poor they were and Americans will tease the Russians that they could buy Moscow for $20.

Shockingly by 2007 Putin has brought down the level of unemployment rate in Russia from 48% to 6%, brought down the corporate debt from 78% to 13% (contrast that with Obama who increased the debt by over 50%), brought the birth rate in Russia to a surplus of 4% per annum. increased pension and salaries by over 250% and restarted Russia's role in the world.

In the midst of all these, do you know what western media have to say? shockingly, they said Putin is corrupt, and that he was able to do those because of the spike in energy prices. What NONSENSE! I ask the western media - during those years of 'oil hike' didn't Nigeria, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc witness oil price hike? How come it is only Russia that gained such a tremendous overflow in citizenship welfare, guess what? - the media went dumb

Saudi Arabia has more OPEC quota contribution, yet in terms of GDP PPP Russia under '(corrupt)' Putin is in the 5th place according to world bank figures of 2013, all the way from 21st place in 1999. If according to the western junk media Russia gained such momentum under corrupt Putin because of the spike in energy how come Saudi Arabia is not in the 1st place or at least ahead of Russia in GDP PPP?

With all that Putin has achieved yet he is not arrogant with his achievements, he is still very cool headed, playing the game very smart, has an uttermost respect for GOD unlike Obumber who all he wants is for Africans to be piercing each others anus, something MISSY89 is an expert in. Putin brought back Christianity into Russia's consciousness, revived the spiritual atmosphere in Russia made the %age of church goers in Russia double that of those in the US, and in all these someone will have the effrontery to say that Putin is corrupt, Pathetic.

Not many people know that Putin is a Lawyer and has a Phd and yet some one who has barely finished his Bsc will come online to rant against Putin. Look at the marvelous work the guy did in Syria, and yet these sons of eve of western trolls will come online to rant nonsense.

My man I just want you to reason along with me and see the reason why I am so venomous when it comes to some fools here on nairaland notably Missy89. I am sorry if my abuses on him irritates you, but sometimes seeing his posts i can't help being abusive on him.

God bless you!

Your analyses are very well detailed. Not some lazy writers with little or no knowledge about a topic(that includes me-lolz).
This has got to be the best write up I have ever read on this forum.
To be frank with you I never understood the "Panama Paper thing" (no disrespect to the OP) until I read your explicit write up.
I am wowed!
You're such a prolific writer. God bless you for the insights

4 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by DealMogul(m): 9:16am On Apr 06, 2016
Tkester2:

My man, I honestly wish I can tune it down, but this guy missy89 is such an annoying bastard. I can't honestly figure out how a living being will willingly devout his life to lying and misrepresenting obvious facts.

Just take for example, the leaks today from that dubious so called panama leaks - This is a leak supposedly made by ICIJ (for whatever nonsense that means), the leak has nothing to do with Vladimir Putin, in fact even the so called Putin's associate is not even his direct friend, but, a friend of Putin's friend, and by the way only one person was mentioned that has something remotely directly to do with Putin, and this involves an amount a state governor in the poorest state in a remote country like Nigeria can pull together, just $1b and guess what? Putin's image is being used as a cover page for the panama leaks by the western media.

I ask you isn't that indicative of how low this western junks have sunken in recent years? all in a bid to pull down Putin. You see why I am mortally angry with these idiots who come only to rant nonsense especially that guy missy89. For over 10 years the west has been on top of their voices on how corrupt Putin is, yet in these years of noise making no single acct or asset has been traced to Putin, even the so called Panama report has nothing remotely to do with Putin. This is very Pathetic, and in this midst of all these nonsense, a black ass man, whose very own ass Putin is trying to save will come online to talk nonsense.

I tell you if I were to have a live discussion with any of these western trolls it will not end well between me and them. God damn it! Putin has achieved in Russia what no leader has been able to achieve throughout human history and I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Obama always jumps up and down reminding the US of how he reduced unemployment rate from 10% when he came in 2008 to 4.6% as we speak, and as surprising as that may sound that is all he has to show for the 8years that he was POTUS. Yet even with this achievement he doubled the US corporate debt. In fact, in dollar value he is the most indebted presidency in the US history. Contrasting his miniature achievements with Putin's, here is a man who handled Russia in a state of comatose, unemployment rate was at 48%, hear me, I said 48% in 2000, Russia's corporate debt was at 80%, one the most deadly statistics has it that Russia has a birth deficit of 3%. In fact at that time a joke was circulating in NY where Americans where mocking the Russians of how poor they were and Americans will tease the Russians that they could buy Moscow for $20.

Shockingly by 2007 Putin has brought down the level of unemployment rate in Russia from 48% to 6%, brought down the corporate debt from 78% to 13% (contrast that with Obama who increased the debt by over 50%), brought the birth rate in Russia to a surplus of 4% per annum. increased pension and salaries by over 250% and restarted Russia's role in the world.

In the midst of all these, do you know what western media have to say? shockingly, they said Putin is corrupt, and that he was able to do those because of the spike in energy prices. What NONSENSE! I ask the western media - during those years of 'oil hike' didn't Nigeria, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc witness oil price hike? How come it is only Russia that gained such a tremendous overflow in citizenship welfare, guess what? - the media went dumb

Saudi Arabia has more OPEC quota contribution, yet in terms of GDP PPP Russia under '(corrupt)' Putin is in the 5th place according to world bank figures of 2013, all the way from 21st place in 1999. If according to the western junk media Russia gained such momentum under corrupt Putin because of the spike in energy how come Saudi Arabia is not in the 1st place or at least ahead of Russia in GDP PPP?

With all that Putin has achieved yet he is not arrogant with his achievements, he is still very cool headed, playing the game very smart, has an uttermost respect for GOD unlike Obumber who all he wants is for Africans to be piercing each others anus, something MISSY89 is an expert in. Putin brought back Christianity into Russia's consciousness, revived the spiritual atmosphere in Russia made the %age of church goers in Russia double that of those in the US, and in all these someone will have the effrontery to say that Putin is corrupt, Pathetic.

Not many people know that Putin is a Lawyer and has a Phd and yet some one who has barely finished his Bsc will come online to rant against Putin. Look at the marvelous work the guy did in Syria, and yet these sons of eve of western trolls will come online to rant nonsense.

My man I just want you to reason along with me and see the reason why I am so venomous when it comes to some fools here on nairaland notably Missy89. I am sorry if my abuses on him irritates you, but sometimes seeing his posts i can't help being abusive on him.

God bless you!

Congratulations sir! Here's your Person-most-likely-to-display-his-ignorant-stupidity award.

I can see the object of your obsession pointedly ignored you...but unfortunately I can't ignore stupidity because it stinks all over this thread. So much that you've begun to think you're a demigod just because some un-thinking folks have applauded you.

Don't be fooled. Your idiocy is legend..visit a doctor

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 9:37am On Apr 06, 2016
Russia accuses that the CIA is behind the Panama Papers
Russia now accuses that ex-CIA and ex-Department of State agents are behind the release of the Panama Papers, that point to people close to the president Vladimir Putin having companies in tax havens.

Source: (Translated) https://thepb.in/p/mwh1yAqqKo0U5#H3

(Not translated) http://m.aristeguinoticias.com/0404/mundo/rusia-acusa-que-la-cia-esta-detras-de-los-papeles-de-panama/

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 10:14am On Apr 06, 2016
Founding Partner Ramon Fonseca Maintains His Innocence; Claims They Were Hacked

""We rule out an inside job. This is not a leak. This is a hack," Mr Fonseca said at the company's headquarters in Panama City's business district."
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Objectives: 10:15am On Apr 06, 2016
neocortex:

It is so easy to make empty statement with no substance.

Sure brov, resort to derogatory remarks when you cannot debunk an intelligently constructed piece. very mature.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 10:16am On Apr 06, 2016
The publications based on the Panama Papers raised many questions - mostly involving legal matters. Here are the answers of Wolfgang Krach, editor in chief of Süddeutsche Zeitung.
Read here: http://panamapapers.sueddeutsche.de/articles/5703c8fba1bb8d3c3495b67f/
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by neocortex: 10:18am On Apr 06, 2016
Objectives:

Sure brov, resort to derogatory remarks when you cannot debunk an intelligently constructed piece. very mature.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to debunk in his opinions.
For you to call that emotional hogwash intelligently constructed
speaks volume of your thinking process.
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Objectives: 10:39am On Apr 06, 2016
neocortex:

Unfortunately, there is nothing to debunk in his opinions.
For you to call that emotional hogwash intelligently constructed
speaks volume of your thinking process.

Laughable, first you refer to it as lacking in substance, now its an emotional hogwash, and then my "thinking process" that has done you no harm is where you now want to dwell

There's nothing to debunk of course, if its well-put together, you will find absolutely nothing to debunk,

His post was anything but lacking in substance, and all comments in the negative have yet to come up with something better,

We are all free to think the way we please, but its totally unnecessary referring to as nonsense, what is obviously not,

I leave you to your opinions.

Its still a beautiful thread.

4 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 12:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lithuanian Investigators Confirm Putin Friend’s Money Flows

New information on the Panama Papers story about the $2 billion offshore empire of a close friend of Russian Federation President Vladimir Putin emerged Tuesday, as Lithuanian law enforcement verified the details.

Source: https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/5115-lithuanian-investigators-confirm-putin-friend-s-money-flows
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 12:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
China condemns Panama Papers as a ‘Western conspiracy

China has condemned the Panama Papers investigation as a Western conspiracy and its censors have restricted access to coverage of the leaked documents, which show offshore dealings by the families of president Xi Jinping and other Communist Party leaders.

Source: http://www.irishtimes.com/business/china-condemns-panama-papers-as-a-western-conspiracy-1.2598732
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 1:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
The tycoons and world leads who built secret UK property empires. More than £170bn of UK property is now held overseas. Much of that is in London, where unprecedented house price inflation has transformed homes into highly profitable investments for asset speculators. Nearly one in 10 of the 31,000 tax haven companies that own British property are linked to Mossack Fonseca.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/2016/apr/05/panama-papers-world-leaders-tycoons-secret-property-empires
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
Papers show Mossack Fonseca working with US Sanctioned Company Petropars
Law firm Mossack Fonseca, which has been at the center of the Panama Papers leak, acted for an Iranian oil company that had been blacklisted by the U.S., the Guardian reported, citing the leaked documents. The company reportedly realized that the Iranian oil firm Petropars Ltd. was a blacklisted company only in 2010 when another client accidentally fell foul of the U.S. sanctions imposed against the energy firm.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/2016/apr/06/mossack-fonseca-oil-firms-petropars-iranian-state-sanctions-panama-papers
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by MainHerioneHoon(f): 1:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
Barcelona promises to provide Lionel Messi with legal assistance in the Panama papers saga.
edition.cnn.com/2016/04/05/football/lionel-messi-panama-papers-denies-claims/
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by jpphilips(m): 2:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
podosci:

The same Mujahddins lead by Osama bin ladden, the exact same people developed into alqaeda and attacked the US, Kenya , UK and other countries. Alqeada metamophised from a terrorist group into an Idea, an Idea that laid the foundation from ISIS, Bokoharam,Al nusra, Al shabab ......Believe me, the worst thing to fight against is an Idea, you can kill a person but the Idea would spread an live on in other people...

Mujahadeen was not led by Osama bin laden, you know very little about what you think you are discussing, help yourself by shutting up for good!!
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 8:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 8:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
Petro Poroshenko Denies Tax Avoidance
The President of Ukraine, whose name was mentioned in the Panama Papers, has denied trying to minimise his taxes.
Poroshenko told reporters in Tokyo that he set up a blind trust offshore to separate his business and political interests when he became president in 2014.
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
Tkester2:

God bless you!
This is the best comment have read on this issue on Nairaland. ICIJ is a body based in USA. Financed by Rockefeller foundation. All I see here is western hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 10:19am On Apr 07, 2016
Live updates thread, yet nairalanders won't contribute

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 10:21am On Apr 07, 2016
Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 10:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
The U.S. Treasury Department is close to releasing a plan to shine a light on the owners of shell companies. The goal is to crack down on tax dodges and other financial crimes.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
Cape Town - South Africans mentioned in the Panamanian leak will be investigated by the relevant agencies to ensure they have complied with the law.

http://www.fin24.com/Economy/gordhan-issues-warning-for-south-africans-linked-to-panama-papers-20160405

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
WikiLeaks
@wikileaks
US govt funded #PanamaPapers attack story on Putin via USAID. Some good journalists but no model for integrity.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wikileaks/status/717670056650530816

3 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 10:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
WikiLeaks @wikileaks
Claims that #PanamaPapers themselves are a 'plot' against Russia are nonsense. However hoarding, DC organization & USAID money tilt coverage

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by Enouwem(m): 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2016
David Cameron admits he did have a stake in father's offshore investment fund after Panama Papers leak

'We owned 5,000 units in Blairmore Investment Trust, which we sold in January 2010. That was worth something like £30,000'

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/panama-papers-david-cameron-admits-he-did-have-a-stake-in-father-ian-camerons-offshore-investment-a6973586.html

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by scully95: 1:26am On Apr 08, 2016
Missy89:
Russia boot lickers will connect this to the CIA in 3...2...1.

WHy your comment always weird.. for your information.. not only cia sponsored it.. USaID is cia and Soros did...

2 Likes

Re: Panama Papers Updates Live Thread by scully95: 1:32am On Apr 08, 2016
DealMogul:

Congratulations sir! Here's your Person-most-likely-to-display-his-ignorant-stupidity award.

I can see the object of your obsession pointedly ignored you...but unfortunately I can't ignore stupidity because it stinks all over this thread. So much that you've begun to think you're a demigod just because some un-thinking folks have applauded you.

Don't be fooled. Your idiocy is legend..visit a doctor

ANother ode comment.. You should get a real life.. Nonentity of the 21st century poluting wonderful thread of the month.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Biden Visits Ukraine Border Friday In Show Of Solidarity / Afghan Shops Remove Heads of Mannequins in Line With Taliban Order / Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.