Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences - Education (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences (244578 Views)

2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application / 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now / NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
VicWonder:

Biggyyyyy! Nothing spoil. Thanks for update, abeg one last question, about how long did the interview last?
I haven't done my interview, I got the info from the forum
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Priceless200(f): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
What's the last day for this interview? Guess each day is 100 people. Going by the time and serial numbers.. Viz; 8am, 10 am, 12 noon, 2pm and 4 pm. And each session.. 20 people. If I am right. We seem to be plenty this year more than the previous year. I pray God they will increase the quota to more than 200 this time around.... Wish us all success. Amen!!!
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by truebenny: 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
VicWonder:

Any 2015 scholar in the house? Please did NDDC give any funds for visa application and flight ticket aside from the scholarship?

Yes. We were paid N500k pre-departure funds. However, this was paid 8 months AFTER we arrived the UK. Word of advice, if u don't have enough money to fund ur trip to the UK, and upkeep for about 8 MONTHS, Please defer ur admission. That should buy u some time.

5 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by VicWonder: 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
truebenny:

Yes. We were paid N500k pre-departure funds. However, this was paid 8 months AFTER we arrived the UK. Word of advice, if u don't have enough money to fund ur trip to the UK, and upkeep for about 8 MONTHS, Please defer ur admission. That should buy u some time.

Cheers man! Great piece of advice. Surviving in uk for 8months under this Brexit uncertainty would be mayhem.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by abrahujaa(m): 9:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
VicWonder:
I thought I'd hold this back for the successful awardees but its occurred to me those wanting to start in September may not have enough time.

Please for intending UK scholars please read the visa application requirements:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/overview

and visa application guide:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-application-for-uk-visa-as-tier-4-student

In summary you need 40 points to qualify:
30 points for CAS and 10 for available funds.

To get CAS you need an unconditional offer and pay a deposit of your fees. Most schools will even ask for evidence of funds before they issue CAS 'cos they don't want to have you rejected by UKVI as it will stain their reputation and can cause UKVI to issue them a warning.

For PhD you need ATAS, before applying for visa. It takes 20 working days to be issued, there's no express service.

Tier 4 applicants need tuberculosis test (few exceptions for those who have lived in a first world country for more than 2 years and have not spent more than 6 months in Nigeria on return). As at January, only 2 hospitals in Nigeria are allowed to conduct the test; 1 in Lagos the other in Abuja and I guess it cost around 100k.

All visa applicants need to pay immigration health care surcharge - IHS (£150 per calendar year of visa) before even applying for visa. MSc candidates will likely be offered 16 months visa so you IHS will be £150 + £75 = £225 (payable by credit card). PhD candidate may be issued 4 years visa and IHS will be around £675.

Available funds: please see my previous post (full tuition for 1 year + 9 months living expense which is £9,135 or around £11,500 for London scholars).

English language: I think WAEC is acceptable, again your school will confirm this before issuing you CAS. Otherwise you may need IELTS or you must have completed a degree in a majority English speaking country - Nigeria is not one according to UKVI).

I think that's it, but it takes a long time to get all this sorted (around 2-3 months).

Visa application fee is £328 and processing time is 3 weeks (1 week for priority service but you pay extra £150).

I hope this helps anyone! Start planning now if you're bent on a September start regardless of NDDC award.

@vicwonder. Please if granted the scholarship, will nddc pay for d visa application and immigration and health insurance
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Chydobe: 9:41pm On Jun 26, 2016
sorry for the late post, was interviewed yesterday, some prospective NDDC Awardees were asked 3 questions, some 2, some 4, I was fortunate enough to have received 7 questions, no current affairs, strictly on my course under Agriculture, no 2 people where asked the same thing, questions come sporadically and they dish them out that way. Just read about the basics about your course, wide reading on current affairs, and pray earnestly that God's will may be done. We all hope that God will manifest because at a time......... e no easy. Appearance they said attracts 5 marks so don't go around borrowing Jackets and Tie u would definitely look odd, come with yours. WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by NairaSea23: 10:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
@all that have been interviewed.

Pls can I take an email sent to me by my school stating that I've been admitted and the original admission letter will be sent shortly. All the information about my course and school are included. I just want to know if this will be accepted as admission letter pending the arrival of my hard copy admission letter from the mail.

Chydobe:
sorry for the late post, was interviewed yesterday, some prospective NDDC Awardees were asked 3 questions, some 2, some 4, I was fortunate enough to have received 7 questions, no current affairs, strictly on my course under Agriculture, no 2 people where asked the same thing, questions come sporadically and they dish them out that way. Just read about the basics about your course, wide reading on current affairs, and pray earnestly that God's will may be done. We all hope that God will manifest because at a time......... e no easy. Appearance they said attracts 5 marks so don't go around borrowing Jackets and Tie u would definitely look odd, come with yours. WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

Pls am also from an agricultural background. How basic are the questions? Did they concentrate on one particular area like soil science or it covers all the areas of agric? Ie Animal Science, agronomy, plant science Agric Econs and so on.

Thanks
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Chydobe: 11:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
NairaSea23:
@all that have been interviewed.

Pls can I take an email sent to me by my school stating that I've been admitted and the original admission letter will be sent shortly. All the information about my course and school are included. I just want to know if this will be accepted as admission letter pending the arrival of my hard copy admission letter from the mail.

Pls am also from an agricultural background. How basic are the questions? Did they concentrate on one particular area like soil science or it covers all the areas of agric? Ie Animal Science, agronomy, plant science Agric Econs and so on.

Thanks
well have an overview of your undergraduate and intending post graduate, as for the admission letter just print from your email, coloured copy preferably, that would suffice. You never can tell where the questions would come from?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by obiakorEmmanuel(m): 11:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
[quote author=NairaSea23 post=46961527]@all that have been interviewed.

Thanks[/quot

I believe the lectures interviewing differs and question differs. My first degree is on Crop Science while my Msc is agric and environmental sciences so I was asked question on both. Agric was about fertilizer and protein while environmental was on pollutant then current affairs.
Good luck
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Akdam16: 6:03am On Jun 27, 2016
Pls is there any one like me who read industrial design and wants to do msc. In design? And what does one do if you don't know the answer to a question?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by hotboss: 6:57am On Jun 27, 2016
Akdam16:
Pls is there any one like me who read industrial design and wants to do msc. In design? And what does one do if you don't know the answer to a question?

you tell them no idea they will gv u another one.. even if u answer wrongly they will still gv u another.. but b positive .. u will sure know wat they will ask bcz its basic.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by rufus1555: 8:54am On Jun 27, 2016
hotboss:

you tell them no idea they will gv u another one.. even if u answer wrongly they will still gv u another.. but b positive .. u will sure know wat they will ask bcz its basic.
Do you need to introduce yourself before the panel of interviewers?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by diggy4real: 9:36am On Jun 27, 2016
Any prospective Mechanical Engineering Scholar or graduate in here? Just wanna know if the questions were in which of the branches I.e automobile, power plant engineering etc...
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nelzone(m): 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
Oga doh, didnt know it will hurt u. for the record, I neva asked for questions. I didnt even need it. and if u really tink those info I gave wont help u. Then believe me u shouldnt go for the interview o. My candid advice. So u want me to say the questions I was asked here? lol... it wont even help u, trust me. its where to focus on u need, I wld suggest u find someone who is applyin for ur course, thats the only tin closest to it. My point is the scheme of questions are so wide. From dams, to hills, to lakes, to politics/current affairs, to general knowledge, to sports and even thieves, someone was asked the most terrorizing criminal in Nigeria's history, then someone else African Player of the year,... so u can imagine how wide it was.
BiggyB242:

Weren't you among those asking for question now you thru wit your interview why didn't you drop yours . You sit down type 500 words even more without mentioning one question. Stop discouraging let them ask.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nelzone(m): 2:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
Bros thanks for telling them for me. Said it since, its so possible the question they are askin u have not been asked in thru out the interview.
Chydobe:
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nelzone:
Oga doh, didnt know it will hurt u. for the record, I neva asked for questions. I didnt even need it. and if u really tink those info I gave wont help u. Then believe me u shouldnt go for the interview o. My candid advice. So u want me to say the questions I was asked here? lol... it wont even help u, trust me. its where to focus on u need, I wld suggest u find someone who is applyin for ur course, thats the only tin closest to it. My point is the scheme of questions are so wide. From dams, to hills, to lakes, to politics/current affairs, to general knowledge, to sports and even thieves, someone was asked the most terrorizing criminal in Nigeria's history, then someone else African Player of the year,... so u can imagine how wide it was.

Hurt ke, nah I'm not. Some pple were crying foul just because some individuals refuse to tell them interview question Like we aren't competing for same position.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nelzone(m): 2:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
@All current and ex NDDC Scholars; Baresi et al. Is it possible for one use the scholarship when awarded this year for next year september. as in if maybe I get awarded this year, Can I hold it till next year september for a course that starts every september and this year's acceptance deadline had past.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nelzone(m): 3:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hon. Biggy, that was not the ish. Questions were not the ish, was info. They are diff. Wat I just gave now is info. In this interview self, who gives u question wants u to fail. Cos that wld make u go and focus on his questions, and I can take a bet that u wont even be askd half talk more of 1 of such question. Info is all that matters. Infos like read wide, but focus a lil more on current affairs, general knowledge, ur field of study for Bsc, and the field u are applyin for to go study. infos like T.fair, docs, those that were bounced and why, tins like that.
BiggyB242:

Hurt ke, nah I'm not. Some pple were crying foul just because some individuals refuse to tell them interview question Like we aren't competing for same position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by hotboss: 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
rufus1555:

Do you need to introduce yourself before the panel of interviewers?

No.. they already went through you dicuments before u ll go in...you will b suprised they will be the one telling you about you.. am sure its to confirm they r not interviewing the wrong person.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nelzone:
Hon. Biggy, that was not the ish. Questions were not the ish, was info. They are diff. Wat I just gave now is info. In this interview self, who gives u question wants u to fail. Cos that wld make u go and focus on his questions, and I can take a bet that u wont even be askd half talk more of 1 of such question. Info is all that matters. Infos like read wide, but focus a lil more on current affairs, general knowledge, ur field of study for Bsc, and the field u are applyin for to go study. infos like T.fair, docs, those that were bounced and why, tins like
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by toprealman: 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
Nelzone:
Hon. Biggy, that was not the ish. Questions were not the ish, was info. They are diff. Wat I just gave now is info. In this interview self, who gives u question wants u to fail. Cos that wld make u go and focus on his questions, and I can take a bet that u wont even be askd half talk more of 1 of such question. Info is all that matters. Infos like read wide, but focus a lil more on current affairs, general knowledge, ur field of study for Bsc, and the field u are applyin for to go study. infos like T.fair, docs, those that were bounced and why, tins like that.
why dem bounce people nah?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by bibiano: 10:51am On Jun 28, 2016
a shirt, trouser and a tie without a jacket...is that an ideal dressing for this oral interview
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by diggy4real: 10:57am On Jun 28, 2016
Can a long sleeve shirt and pant or khaki trouser fly for this interview?

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by diggy4real: 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
diggy4real:
Can a long sleeve shirt and pant or khaki trouser fly for this interview?

No one cares to answer?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by VicWonder: 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
diggy4real:

No one cares to answer?

I think you should go with a suit and matching tie with a nice pair of well shine brogues. It will boost your confidence!
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Gaily04(f): 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
It was a success

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
If you appear anyhow, you will get anyhow mark for appearance.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nelzone(m): 7:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
People from backgrounds outside Pure Science, Engineering, Medical and Law... not withstanding what u applied for.
toprealman:
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nelzone(m): 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
People from backgrounds outside Pure Science, Engineering, Medical and Law... not withstanding what u applied for. The words were : "The scholarship is not meant for you"
toprealman:
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by emeroking: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
Please does anyone know of a person who got the award without showing his Nysc discharge letter
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by diggy4real: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
VicWonder:

I think you should go with a suit and matching tie with a nice pair of well shine brogues. It will boost your confidence!

Thanks.....please did they ask for the originals of those credentials they listed?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by toprealman: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (85) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 / Unilag pg 2014 Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.