Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. (1903 Views)

Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? / Fuel Scarcity Set To Hit Nigeria Again.. / PIC Of The Day: Fuel Scarcity And Easter (jesus Resurrection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
Its been quite pathetic and a big shame to this government that there has been 3 fuel scarcities in 8 months. The president and his teams should take responsiblity.

WHY THE SCARCITY?
Its no longer news that our sole (90%) earner of foreign exchange is no longer what it used to be.
Nigeria unlike other sane oil producing countries needs to buy finished petrol abroad for its domestic consumption. For this petrol we have to pay in dollars, this is where the problem lies, we simply don't earn (HAVE) enough dollars to match the amount of fuel we consume.
Oil is selling for $40 dollars a barrel, we barely break even as agaist the cost of production, some reports even claim we are making losses while others say we can' find buyer.

End in sight?

I doubt there is an end to this crisis in the short term except we do one of these crazy things
a. Deplete our foriegn reserves importing fuel

b. Spend all our foriegn income importing fuel (no more projects or raw materials)

c. Devalue the naira, open the market and sell fuel for around 200 -250 naira per liter.

Kachikwu and not so Kachikwu

This minister like the cbn governor and the minister for power are truely on the hot seat.
The minister recently experimented with the idea of the NNPC importing fuel 100%, thereby cutting off the oil cabal from forex round triping but as expected the cabals fought back, today we are back to 40 - 30 - 30 formula.

Ministries of misinformation

I am glad Lai mohammed has kept queit on this matter, since he does not seem to have full grasp of the problem. (someone needs to sack femi adesina)

Payback time

Like they say, when you fail to plan, you plan to fail, if for 30yrs we have not build a single refinery, then we are really sick people, had we functional refineries with extra capacity, we wont queue for fuel (even @ $0 a barrel).

For 30yrs we didnt upgrade our transmission lines for electricity and we kept quiet as citizens expecting light

For 30 years we didnt build standard guage rails safe for Abuja- kaduna route and we wonder why our roads are bad

For 30 years we didnt improve our food crop seedlings, we didnt think of ranch farming and we expect food security.

For 30 years we didnt equip our military and decentralize the police and we expect security.

We are simply paying for allowing bad leadership because we probably have the worst followership in the world.

You can choose the next 30 yrs voting and supporting bad leaders, you will continue to suffer it. I read some young people clamouring for a Saraki presidency in 2019 DEM SWEAR FOR UNA?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by SUPERPACK: 2:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
buhari forever

1 Like

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by DickDastardly(m): 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
A wailer just cut you some slack. Good piece. Nigeria belongs to us all and the right things must always be done. No sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by DickDastardly(m): 2:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
SUPERPACK:
buhari forever
His achievements by 2019 will determine that. Wail today for him to achieve more before 2019.
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by EldaTimba(m): 2:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
I think PMB should think/look beyond the APC team before we would have some progress. I wonder what stops PMB from calling back Barth Nnaji as the minister of power. Also, no matter how corrupt Mrs madueke was, we need to have some talk and gain some lessons. In this economic season, no knowledge is lost

1 Like

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by BlackBaron: 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
Looking at the current situation,
I think Nigeria should start critiquing leaders that have aspirations to rule at least a year or two before elections via way of primaries after numerous debates.

Let them begin to state their policies and blueprints of how to alleviate the many problems plaguing this country. Seems like people with just enough clout throw their hats into the ring whenever its time for elections and end up getting there, then they just continue with whatever orientation is best.

All we've had are a 'postulating leaders' and 'accidental leaders'. The rest don't even have a clue how to solve the problem and are there because they're just known!
No fuel, nor modern railway, even harmonised clean pipe borne water(every one has boreholes instead) is a mirage many years after democracy. Roads are in shambles, corrupt politicians are in power, insecurity, no electricity. Just a barely functional society!!

1 Like

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by tomakint: 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2016
Obiagelli:
Its been quite pathetic and a big shame to this government that there has been 3 fuel scarcities in 8 months. The president and his teams should take responsiblity.

WHY THE SCARCITY?
Its no longer news that our sole (90%) earner of foreign exchange is no longer what it used to be.
Nigeria unlike other sane oil producing countries needs to buy finished petrol abroad for its domestic consumption. For this petrol we have to pay in dollars, this is where the problem lies, we simply don't earn (HAVE) enough dollars to match the amount of fuel we consume.
Oil is selling for $40 dollars a barrel, we barely break even as agaist the cost of production, some reports even claim we are making losses while others say we can' find buyer.

End in sight?

I doubt there is an end to this crisis in the short term except we do one of these crazy things
a. Deplete our foriegn reserves importing fuel

b. Spend all our foriegn income importing fuel (no more projects or raw materials)

c. Devalue the naira, open the market and sell fuel for around 200 -250 naira per liter.

Kachikwu and not so Kachikwu

This minister like the cbn governor and the minister for power are truely on the hot seat.
The minister recently experimented with the idea of the NNPC importing fuel 100%, thereby cutting off the oil cabal from forex round triping but as expected the cabals fought back, today we are back to 40 - 30 - 30 formula.

Ministries of misinformation

I am glad Lai mohammed has kept queit on this matter, since he does not seem to have full grasp of the problem. (someone needs to sack femi adesina)

Payback time

Like they say, when you fail to plan, you plan to fail, if for 30yrs we have not build a single refinery, then we are really sick people, had we functional refineries with extra capacity, we wont queue for fuel (even @ $0 a barrel).

For 30yrs we didnt upgrade our transmission lines for electricity and we kept quiet as citizens expecting light

For 30 years we didnt build standard guage rails safe for Abuja- kaduna route and we wonder why our roads are bad

For 30 years we didnt improve our food crop seedlings, we didnt think of ranch farming and we expect food security.

For 30 years we didnt equip our military and decentralize the police and we expect security.

We are simply paying for allowing bad leadership because we probably have the worst followership in the world.

You can choose the next 30 yrs voting and supporting bad leaders, you will continue to suffer it. I read some young people clamouring for a Saraki presidency in 2019 DEM SWEAR FOR UNA?

If this is really the obiagelli I used to know then one more thing is needful.....change your signature! wink and oh lest I forget, GOOD MORNING!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
DickDastardly:

His achievements by 2019 will determine that. Wail today for him to achieve more before 2019.
Absolutely, he has to work extremly hard with results to show for it to earn anyone's vote. That is the Nigeria i long for

1 Like

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
BlackBaron:
I think Nigeria should start critiquing leaders that have aspirations to rule at least a year or two before elections via way of primaries after numerous debates.

Let them begin to state their policies and blueprints of how to alleviate the many problems plaguing this country. Seems like people with just enough clout throw their hats into the ring whenever its time for elections and end up getting there, then they just continue with whatever orientation is best.

All we've had are a 'postulating leaders' and 'accidental leaders'. The rest don't even have a clue how to solve the problem and are there because they're just known!
No fuel, nor modern railway, even harmonised clean pipe borne water(every one has boreholes instead) is a mirage many years after democracy. Roads are in shambles, corrupt politicians are in power, insecurity, no electricity. Just a barely functional society!!
I agree 100%, most especially we need debates, the aspirants must tell us their plans, they must answer though questions.
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by kYjelly2: 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
so i should pay heed to one of the greatest zombies in the universe who, working in unison with other zombies accros Nigeria, bestowed upon us a certificateless president

well it does seem someone managed to inject you with an antivirus to combat the zombie viral strain present within you, but my only concern is if these results are merely temporary of if indeed you have been cured. I guess as always, time in it's due faithfulness will tell undecided

fvck GEJ, but fvck Dullarpo X 5 :-(

why do you guys keep electing touts at all levels, i dunno

last election, i was begging everybody around me to give other candidates a shot, but to my surprise, not even one person considered. They all were either GEJ or Dullarpo. I was like shoooo! Which kine broom are these spirits waving or is it always raining

dumbfvks everywhere, fvk u all, fvking retarded citizens, mtcheew angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by TippyTop(m): 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2016
I never thought Obiagelli could be objective.

1 Like

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Movic1(m): 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2016
I'm Fed Up With Almost Everything in this Country Na only God fit help us. Nigeria @ 55 we are still like diz. No wonder some peeps called it a XOO
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Movic1(m): 2:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
kYjelly2:
so i should pay heed to one of the greatest zombies in the universe who, working in unison with other zombies accros Nigeria, bestowed upon us a certificateless president

well it does seem someone managed to inject you with an antivirus to combat the zombie viral strain present within you, but my only concern is if these results are merely temporary of if indeed you have been cured. I guess as always, time in it's due faithfulness will tell undecided

last election, i was begging everybody around me to give other candidates a shot, but to my surprise, not even one person considered. They all were either GEJ or Dullarpo. I was like shoooo! Which kine broom are these spirits waving or is it always raining

lol frustration no good o! cheesycheesycheesy guy u be 2pac broda?
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
kYjelly2:

If only fvcks could provide fuel, security and food.
It would have been interesting if you told us where/how your prefered candidate would have gotten forex to ease our present situation, except if had a plan to build capacity refineries and transmission networks in 8 months.

Anyways the last elections have shown us that no one is indispensible, it is left to us followers to keep kicking out clowns from government.

2 Likes

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by pilarnig(m): 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2016
cry undecided[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]then who can lead this country if bubu can't?
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by yaki84: 3:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
30yrs of failure championed by the man some section of people will think is the best thing after agege bread.
why am I sahing this, the 1983coup championed by muhamadu buhari changed the course of nigeria democracy totally in the wrong direction.
checkout what lateef jakande achieved in his first four yrs of administration, I believe by 1987 creative n critical politicians would hv emerged from other states cos of the precedents set by jakande.
nigeria would hv evolved till we get a true leader who would hv taken us to the promise land.
30yrs of bad leadership....n someone will only single out jonathan to criticise.
yes in his tenure crude oil was sold at 100 to 140 dolls per barrel, also in his tenure nigeria experience the worst form of terrorism.
I watched documentary of 9/11 lastnyt n I realise the only people that ģain in war against terror r the terrorist and contractors who supply arms to the govt.

1 Like

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
Why not use crude oil in exchange for refined products thereby cutting off the issue of foreign exchange?

Send crude oil to refineries abroad and pay for their services and get back the products for local consumption.

Where is the one million barrels of crude oil stolen on daily basis during Jonathan's administration?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Why not use crude oil in exchange for refined products thereby cutting off the issue of foreign exchange?

Send crude oil to refineries abroad and pay for their services and get back the products for local consumption.

Where is the one million barrels of crude oil stolen on daily basis during Jonathan's administration?
This suggestion ordinarily should work but not when there is glut in the market.

Its like taking your cement to the block maker to make into blocks in a market where cement is almost worthless.

You can't honestly tell me there theft of crude oil over the years and even at the moment.
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by chebeoc(m): 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
No exception now, E don reach everybody !

1 Like

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Emekamex(m): 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
Short Term Solution

The present FG has already started slowly but there is still time to get things right by:
-Setting up large scale farms in each state and start cultivating cash crops that they have comparative advantage over others earnestly
-Begin mining other mineral resources that are HOTCAKE in the international market.

Doing these two things and selling them for forex will help reduce pressure on our reserves.

2 Likes

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
Obiagelli:

This suggestion ordinarily should work but not when there is glut in the market.

Its like taking your cement to the block maker to make into blocks in a market where cement is almost worthless.

You can't honestly tell me there theft of crude oil over the years and even at the moment.

The payment for services is what is required since output is the product in another form.

The total crude sales hasn't appreciated hence stop the jargon.

Let Nigeria government send the million Barrels stolen on daily basis during GEJ administration abroad in exchange for refined products.

3 Likes

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by obailala(m): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2016
BlackBaron:

This is actually a very good idea and for it to work, our journalists have to take the bull by the horn and ask candidates very daunting questions when they least expect. But then again, the misfortune of tribalism and the hunger/greed for a few coins tossed at individuals would render this brilliant idea almost unworkable.

1 Like

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by obailala(m): 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
yaki84:
30yrs of failure championed by the man some section of people will think is the best thing after agege bread.
why am I sahing this, the 1983coup championed by muhamadu buhari changed the course of nigeria democracy totally in the wrong direction.
checkout what lateef jakande achieved in his first four yrs of administration, I believe by 1987 creative n critical politicians would hv emerged from other states cos of the precedents set by jakande.
nigeria would hv evolved till we get a true leader who would hv taken us to the promise land.
30yrs of bad leadership....n someone will only single out jonathan to criticise.
yes in his tenure crude oil was sold at 100 to 140 dolls per barrel, also in his tenure nigeria experience the worst form of terrorism.
I watched documentary of 9/11 lastnyt n I realise the only people that ģain in war against terror r the terrorist and contractors who supply arms to the govt.
Drop the blame game bro.... if the blame game starts, it is enough to go round to everyone. We should be thinking of the way forward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

The payment for services is what is required since output is the product in another form.

The total crude sales hasn't appreciated hence stop the jargon.

Let Nigeria government send the million Barrels stolen on daily basis during GEJ administration abroad in exchange for refined products.
I believe we will pay for those services in dollars and at the terms of a willing refinery owner.

Btw i wonder what gej was talking about about here, the same jargons?

www.nairaland.com/998426/gej-vows-end-theft-crude

Bonus

Nigeria is the country with the highest incidents of crude oil theft in the world, the data released by Oilprice.com shows.

https://www.naij.com/69464.html
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by yaki84: 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2016
obailala:
Drop the blame game bro.... if the blame game starts, it is enough to go round to everyone. We should be thinking of the way forward.

go tell that to tinubu, buhari n the other saints.
I find it appalling when someone of okorocha go even dey follow blame pdp.
short ngige n el rufai too deh follow blame.
bros if democracy was sustained by now youths would hv taken over, we for no get carry over politicians. maybe na senate some old thieves for still dey but interms of governorship n presidency na new faces we for see.
go advice tinunu to stop blaming.
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by SleekMallam: 3:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
Bad leadership! from all the politicians in APC and PDP all contributed to this mess.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by plaetton: 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
yaki84:

Thank you for thar reminder.

Its funny that zombies blame Jonathan and PDP for every woe, but no one remembers that it was this same Buhari , with his inordinate ambition, that put Nigeria on this trajectory of desolation since 1984.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by obailala(m): 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
yaki84:

go tell that to tinubu, buhari n the other saints.
I find it appalling when someone of okorocha go even dey follow blame pdp.
short ngige n el rufai too deh follow blame.
bros if democracy was sustained by now youths would hv taken over, we for no get carry over politicians. maybe na senate some old thieves for still dey but interms of governorship n presidency na new faces we for see.
go advice tinunu to stop blaming.
Hahaha... I knew you were going to hit back like this grin cheesy

But then, dont you think you are doing the exact same thing you are criticising these people of?... In fact you are doing it in a more ridiculous way.

1 Like

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by SleekMallam: 3:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
TippyTop:
I never thought Obiagelli could be objective.
She has an independent mind. I like her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 04, 2016
Emekamex:
Short Term Solution

The present FG has already started slowly but there is still time to get things right by:
-Setting up large scale farms in each start and start cultivating cash crops that they have comparative advantage over others earnestly
-Begin mining other mineral resources that are HOTCAKE in the international market.

Doing these two things and selling them for forex will help reduce pressure on our reserves.
I hope the leaders have the will to see it through, i hope the followers have the patience and vigilance to make it work.
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Xonology: 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
Obiagelli:

I agree 100%, most especially we need debates, the aspirants must tell us their plans, they must answer though questions.
Were you not the one shielding Buhari from debate during presidential election campaign last year? During GEJ's administration, you guys made it look as if we are in eldorado till 2010 when he took over with your destructive criticisms.. Why I don't take you serious is that you're highly partisan and the earlier we stop singing praises of all this politicians whether PDP or APC, the better for all us..

3 Likes

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Emekamex(m): 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2016
Obiagelli:

I hope the leaders have the will to see it through, i hope the followers have the patience and vigilance to make it work.

This is what we should enforce the government to do, in regards to the citizens, we have had patience for over 50 years and will equally have more if only this government has a clear direction that will lead us to the promise destination.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Resumption Date For Primary & Secondary Schools In Abuja / Barr. Amina Oyiza Bello Celebrates World Disability Day With Disable Children / Video Of A Nigerian Beaten In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.