Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time (3329 Views)

The Eight Most Powerful Women Inside The Aláàfin Of Ọyọ’s Palace That You Never / You Are Wearing Fake Crowns- Olubadan Tells 21 Newly Crowned Kings Of Ibadan / The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by crixlight2(m): 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2016
Pictures of some of the kings that ruled during the golden age of africa... What do you know about this kings kindly share

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by crixlight2(m): 3:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
More to come

Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by crixlight2(m): 3:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
Oga seun lalasticlala I beg move this to proper place
Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by crixlight2(m): 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2016
Sit very well

Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by ramdris(m): 3:58pm On Apr 04, 2016
Nna op these are models na.... See all of them 6 packs.. Op try harder
Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
The Pharaohs were white, weren't they?

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by crixlight2(m): 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2016
Lol

Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by Wulfruna(f): 5:43pm On Apr 04, 2016
Cetshwayo ruled in the late 19th century, not the 18th. Why does he make this list and Shaka doesn't? I find that odd; Cetshwayo wasn't that remarkable a king.

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by macof(m): 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
Wulfruna:
Cetshwayo ruled in the late 19th century, not the 18th. Why does he make this list and Shaka doesn't? I find that odd; Cetshwayo wasn't that remarkable a king.
the list is funny really
Any list of great african kings without Ramses II, shaka, sango is incomplete

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
Emperor Haile Selassie should be there, king Nimrod(first recorded king in the world) also should be there
Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by macof(m): 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
emperorgoke:
Emperor Haile Selassie should be there, king Nimrod(first recorded king in the world) also should be there

is nimrod even a real person
and if he was, he wasn't African
Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by Wulfruna(f): 3:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
macof:
the list is funny really
Any list of great african kings without Ramses II, shaka, sango is incomplete

I would also add Agaja Trudo of Dahomey (before I mention Gezo), Ewuare of Benin, Shamba Bolongolo of Baluba and Moshesh of Lesotho.

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by Wulfruna(f): 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
emperorgoke:

If I want to put an Ethiopian emperor there, I will go for Menelik II before Haile Selassie.

Menelik led his country to defeat the Europeans and preserved his country's independence at a time the rest of Africa was falling under European colonial rule. What is Haile Selassie's legacy, besides being mistaken for a god by misguided Rastafarians?
Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
Wulfruna:

If I want to put an Ethiopian emperor there, I will go for Menelik II before Haile Selassie.

Menelik led his country to defeat the Europeans and preserved his country's independence at a time the rest of Africa was falling under European colonial rule. What is Haile Selassie's legacy, besides being mistaken for a god by misguided Rastafarians?
due to the fact that some people, the Caribbean to be precise pray in his name " in da name of Jah Rastafaria, da mos high, da higherman" rastafari is the real name of Haile Selassie. Apart from King of kings(Jesus) nobody uses name of any king to pray except in the name of rastafari. Rastafarianism is a religion just like other religions. Virtually all the Kings u mentioned av not heard bfr except pharaoh... Don't call them misguided because it is their religion, voodoo can also be traced to Haile Selassie. C'mon! He deserve a shirt in ur list jor
Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2016
macof:

is nimrod even a real person
and if he was, he wasn't African
bro! Google the name, king of shinar, the Grandson of Noah in the Bible. The Grandson of Ham the youngest son of Noah
Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by macof(m): 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
emperorgoke:
bro! Google the name, king of shinar, the Grandson of Noah in the Bible. The Grandson of Ham the youngest son of Noah

you seem to pick your points from religious texts and beliefs ..

We talking history here sir not theology or anything of the sort
Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
macof:

you seem to pick your points from religious texts and beliefs ..

We talking history here sir not theology or anything of the sort
so Noah and his descendant not part of history? This is one of the untold history of Africa, u mean the ORIGIN of black race on earth not part of history? I am not a theologist, I'm a Social scientist " Geographer" nd have read so many archeologist papers. Nimrod and Tafari(Haile Selassie) should be on the list. Emperor Haile Selassie is the only king respected by Jamaicans in Africa. Take it or leave it
Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by Wulfruna(f): 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
emperorgoke:
due to the fact that some people, the Caribbean to be precise pray in his name " in da name of Jah Rastafaria, da mos high, da higherman" rastafari is the real name of Haile Selassie. Apart from King of kings(Jesus) nobody uses name of any king to pray except in the name of rastafari. Rastafarianism is a religion just like other religions. Virtually all the Kings u mentioned av not heard bfr except pharaoh... Don't call them misguided because it is their religion, voodoo can also be traced to Haile Selassie. C'mon! He deserve a shirt in ur list jor

Er...Voodoo has no connection to Haile Selassie. Voodoo (vodun) came from the Fon people of Benin Republic.

I'm not necessarily saying Haile Selassie was not a remarkable ruler; I'm only saying there were Ethiopian Emperors who were more remarkable than him.

What are his achievements, really? The Italians took his country from him and he ran to the League of Nations to complain. (The same Italians that Menelik II defeated before his time). In his old age, small boys in the army overthrew him in a coup and placed him under house arrest and (probably) murdered him.

The fact that a cult in Jamaica who held Ethiopia in high regard accorded him the status of a god is, from the standpoint of a political historian, of very little consequence.
Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by macof(m): 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
emperorgoke:
so Noah and his descendant not part of history? This is one of the untold history of Africa, u mean the ORIGIN of black race on earth not part of history? I am not a theologist, I'm a Social scientist " Geographer" nd have read so many archeologist papers. Nimrod and Tafari(Haile Selassie) should be on the list. Emperor Haile Selassie is the only king respected by Jamaicans in Africa. Take it or leave it

yes, Noah is not so much an historical figure as he is a religious figure

origin of black race got nothing to do with the Jewish religious text

excuse me but why do you think nimrod is African (assuming such a person ever existed)
I have nothing against Haile Selassie
Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by crixlight2(m): 10:32am On Apr 06, 2016
Coming

Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by crixlight2(m): 10:33am On Apr 06, 2016
Seun lalasticlala where unah dey now
Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by DEIFIED(m): 7:36am On Apr 07, 2016
What rubbish list is this?
Re: Most Powerful Africa Kings Of All Time by SomaliaGuy(m): 8:57am On Apr 07, 2016
Sultan Yusuf Ali Keenadiid (Sultan of Obbio) of SOMALIA was the most powerful king in Africa.

(1) (Reply)

You Lazy ( Intellectual) African Scum! / It Seems Igbos May Not Have The Highest Brideprice In Nigeria / An Inquest Into Pre-Oduduwa History Of Yoruba People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.