Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,059 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Dating Sites And Forums - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dating Sites And Forums (2912 Views)

2015/2016 Best SEO Tricks/Tips For Wapka Sites And Blogs / 7 Ways To Drive Traffic From Forums To Your Blog / Nigerian Sites And The Lack Of Contact Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Sites And Forums by josyisback(m): 3:17am On Jul 30, 2009
hello house, its been a while. i asked myself what i would share with the house during my visit and i came up with this. how many Nigerian site do you know? how many are not either forums or dating sites? most webmasters are way too interested in repeating what seun did here or what facebook have done that they focused on repeating the same thing over and over again. do you think i would spend my time and money visiting about ten naija social networks to make naija friends when i could go to Nigerian network on facebook? having a naija based dating site or forum is no bad idea but they are getting way too much. I rather advise webmaster to develop applications that would run on facebook or twitter,its preferable. if you want to create something naija based, try and be the among the first six people to have such other than that, you are a fake. check out the forums in naija, the first 5 are the good and popular like nairaland, nigerianbestforum etc and the dating site like naijapal etc are good. that's my advise for you guys. thanks
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by yawatide(f): 11:30am On Jul 30, 2009
our problem, generally speaking is that we have this crab mentality - you don't want to leave the basket but if someone else does, we pull him back down. Also, again generally speaking, we have this "sidon look" mentality. No one wants to risk it. Rather they wait for someone else to do so then we follow suit, if the other person was successful.

I have been preaching this very same thing for years, both on this forum and to friends in real life. There are plenty of opportunities even in Nigeria to make it in web dev. All I have to do, generally speaking, is look at some of the sites offered here for review. I can extrapolate based on what I see here to draw my conclusions. Unfortunately, I guess since unemployment is high and Aburo Yemi made a ton of money from google ads, all of a sudden, everyone thinks the way to go is blog/forum with google ads. Again, generally speaking, we are not originalists. I have had the opportunity to join other fora but I decline. Even facebook or twitter don't phase me. I am comfortable here. I don't need to subscribe to 200 fora only to discuss the same things.

Hopefully, it will change.
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2009
Nice Discussion  - Let's flow ,
1.We must all understand that  webmasters have classes
The 1st class are the inventors
They discovers what I called web trend -- this people ends been successful or failure
Example are Mysace Guy,Yahoo 360,Google Okrut
  The 2nd Class upper
They webmasters that intelligently emulates, modifies and renovates somebody's idea
eg. facebook, And twitter of course - these webmasters are very successful because they have studied the stronghold and weak point of 1st class guys
  The 2nd Class lower

Emulates 2nd class upper but are not experienced- They mostly ends up failures but about 13% succeeds

Others
Are Noise makers

With I believes facebook came after Myspace and still overtakes them
Okrut of almighty Google failed in the foot of twitter .I believe webmasters should not be allowed to monopolies any trend.
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by segsalerty(m): 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2009
uhmm , impressive ranking wink
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by josyisback(m): 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2009
@jn, you are right but there is we in nigeria have reinvented forums to the extent that its now a pain in the *ss. you cant keep reinventing things without creating new features/things to make it better that the before. anyway most of this so called naija forums are all copy cats from already made script with changes made on the script it self rather, its looks are only changed. please we should do something new.
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by remoranger(m): 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2009
@op
You are quite right.
But at the same time just as some people benefit from phcn faliure. i too also benefit from this, MADNESS
i run a Nigerian Website Directory http://www.websitenigeria.com and i have like a TRILLION FORUMS AND DATING SITES THERE.

@webmasters
Keep on downloading SMF and PHBB, Pssssst and dont forget to submit it to http://www.websitenigeria.com/add.php

Good Webmasters Good Nation grin grin
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by Emmiko(m): 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2009
for me, i think its okay to do something someone else has invented. but only with the motive to improve on it. that brings about competition and anti-monopolism
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by josyisback(m): 1:20am On Jul 31, 2009
@Emmiko, i love the word improve on it. but how many nigerian webmasters do create personal addons for thier scripts? I use to run one my self and its still active and doing ok but i decide to stop this copy catting and do something new that is uniquely mine. anyway, you could see how seun brings new ideas thats totally his like nairalist. he is the first to start a well functioning list for nigerians and thats why he made it.nGrow up guys and forget forums and dating site, i know there is money cos am still casting out google ads pay, but what good is this doing to our web industry?
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by bug24(m): 10:44am On Jul 31, 2009
(hmm, runz in, keeps pressing f5 every 5mins coz he's enjoyin the posts.)

every now and then u see, PLZ RATE MY WEBSITE (when u open, what do u see? an SMF) not different from the 5millions others already in existence.

get there after two months, what do u see, just two registered members and posibly 0.5 active users.

still, Nigerians are never tired of starting anoda SMF, we sabi persevere die.
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by no21: 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2009
i need examples of things that have not been done on the net so i can start

dont single out nigeria;

someone started a forum and bans you everytime you say your mind or every time you dont support him

what do you do , especially if you are addicted to his forum?
i am not surprised at all about all the forums springing up here and there.
atleast they are doing something

meanwhile @joscity guy
i know your forum, it discusses the same thing with nairaland and .com?

why ? or are you just calling for useless attention?
let them open up forums here and there , join those you want and leave others

there was yahoo mail; lycos; aol; msn beforre google shows up with gmail
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by yawatide(f): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2009
no21 and all like-minded forumites, post forum-related vents here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-305362.0.html grin
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by no21: 5:03pm On Aug 04, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

no21 and all like-minded forumites, post forum-related vents here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-305362.0.html grin

i am not interested in discussing forums further, i have already made my point
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by josyisback(m): 12:14am On Aug 05, 2009
sorry yawa for creating an irrelevant topic. Anyway ,@no21, point of correction, i gave joscity out to a guy that have been begging me like hell for it for a longtime. Thats a step show that aam not interested in anything related with forums. its either i create something new or i manage doing sites for company and universities.
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by yawatide(f): 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2009
I wouldn't call this top irrelevant. Every topic (even mine) is worth discussing. To me, if something isn't relevant, then I simply won't comment wink
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by remoranger(m): 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2009
josyisback:

Thats a step show that aam not interested in anything related with forums. its either i create something new or i manage doing sites for company and universities.

What you probably meant to say is I AM NO LONGER interested in anything related with forums. why if i may ask? did not work out as intended?
Re: Dating Sites And Forums by no21: 10:47am On Aug 09, 2009
josyisback:

sorry yawa for creating an irrelevant topic. Anyway ,@no21, point of correction, i gave joscity out to a guy that have been begging me like hell for it for a longtime. Thats a step show that aam not interested in anything related with forums. its either i create something new or i manage doing sites for company and universities.

welldone

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Adobe Cs3 Master Collection Serial Number / *~Yawa-ti-de Voted Webmasters Section Poster Of The Year 2012*~Congratulations / Nairaland's Alexa Rank Dropping (Very Worried!).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.