Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors (18317 Views)

Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before / Innoson Motors Vehicles Used As Shuttle Buses In Enugu (Photos) / The Army Jeep Innoson Motors Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Ikengawo: 12:46am On Apr 05, 2016

The Chairman of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited, Chief Innocent Chukwuma yesterday said the company will, in the next five years, commence local manufacture of vehicle engine to acheive 100 per cent local content in the auto industry.

Currently, the firm is doing 60 per cent local content with the assembling of vehicle parts and the purchase of vehicle engines from foreign markets.

He reiterated the comapny’s determination to make Nigeria one of the 20 top world‘s industrialised nations by 2020.

Speaking while he led the management team of the company to the Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu in Abuja, he said Innoson, being the first indigenous motor manufacturing company, was set to reduce drastically, the prices of vehicles and cut down the country‘s dependence on imported vehicles.

Informing the minister that the beginning was tough and rough, the chairman urged the government to assist in the area of efficient power supply to power the over 100 industries that have made Nnewi, the Taiwan of Africa.
“Our major request is to help us in accessing foreign exchange to enable us keep and maintain our over 7, 200 employees. We wish to also request for a government policy to ensure that home-made goods are protected and patronised by all levels of governments and agencies,” he pleaded.

This, according to him, would ensure that the youths were employable or self-employed, pointing out that 200 youths were currently undergoing training from Niger Delta under the Presidential Amnesty Programme.

Responding, Dr. Onu assured the team that the ministry would support, cooperate and collaborate with the company, pointing out that after the budget was out, the ministry, alongside all the agencies under the ministry would, henceforth, drive only made-in-Nigeria vehicles.

He urged the management team to upgrade the company‘s facilities and work towards manufacturing the engines in Nigeria, as another way of creating employment opportunities to Nigerian populace.

http://thenationonlineng.net/engine-manufacture-begins-soon-says-innoson-motors/

10 Likes

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:48am On Apr 05, 2016
Nice One...

SouthEast is moving forward

15 Likes

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Ojiofor: 12:52am On Apr 05, 2016
Innoson motors Rocks!

32 Likes

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Godstraight(m): 2:09am On Apr 05, 2016
I am happy for them,I hope haters would see pass tribalism

26 Likes

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 05, 2016
Let's encourage them irrespective of the tribe . I will love to buy one. Anyone with experience about there product and price list

21 Likes

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Onyejiuwaokoh: 2:43am On Apr 05, 2016
God bless u Mr Innocent Chukwuma, home investment is safer, it will stop envious and wicked hosts from ruining the company.

19 Likes

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by 0YorubaParapo0: 2:53am On Apr 05, 2016
Godgay:
I am happy for them,I hope haters would see pass tribalism

You want the same Yorubas you hate and abuse all over Nigeria to patronize your business? Is that how business work?
You want them to patronize your product, you make them trust you. Your downfall is your pride and hatred for "ofemanus" and "gworo chewer".
I fault any Yoruba that patronizes innoson until things change. It's even better for the SW to have their own regional car manufacturer. Competition is better, no?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by chriskosherbal(m): 2:59am On Apr 05, 2016
A welcome development.
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Naija9090: 3:22am On Apr 05, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

You want the same Yorubas you hate and abuse all over Nigeria to patronize your business? Is that how business work?
You want them to patronize your product, you make them trust you. Your downfall is your pride and hatred for "ofemanus" and "gworo chewer".
I fault any Yoruba that patronizes innoson until things change. It's even better for the SW to have their own regional car manufacturer. Competition is better, no?

Where did he mention yoruba in his post? Is Yoruba now synonymous to haters? Take a look at the hate and envy in your post...God!

Get out of this thread!

[/quote]

122 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 05, 2016
Just here to pay my respect to the great Igbo Race!

The guy below me is a sick, envious tribalist. This news doesn't sit well in him...disgracing yoruba people!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by 0YorubaParapo0: 3:56am On Apr 05, 2016
Naija9090:

Where did he mention yoruba? Is Yoruba now synonymous to haters? Take a look at the hate and envy in your post...God!

Get out of this thread!

He mentioned tribalism which you hateful lots 'remember' when it comes to SW/Hausa/Fulanis not patronizing Innoson. However, you forget we're reluctant to purchase innoson because igbo's hatred for two giant tribes and the other waka waka tribe, plus the fact that most of the products you sale are fake or second hand. Imagine someone calling me 'xyz', yet he wants me to be his customer. I mad? Plus how many SErn leaders advertise/buy from the SW?

6 Likes

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Godstraight(m): 5:07am On Apr 05, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

am not an Igbo sir,am from Edo state,even if I was IBO I won't hate on other people, what I can say for you is pay evil with good, hate with love.

19 Likes

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 05, 2016
Igbo kwenu!

Nigeria kwezuonu!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Masterclass32: 7:09am On Apr 05, 2016
Good one Innoson.
Power on. You'll get there.

1 Like

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by uboma(m): 7:33am On Apr 05, 2016
this revelation from the chairman of Innoson Motors has finally laid to rest the arguement that for now they are only into assemblying of vehicle parts and repairs. I have some fellows who had argued blindly in the past that Innoson Motors are into the production of vehicles 100% (building of car engines inclusive).

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by slimpoppa(m): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2016
Great!
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Flexherbal(m): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2016
Keep it coming , Boss.
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by MadCow1: 8:00am On Apr 05, 2016
grin

Slowly, the truth will come out..

1 Like

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by brainbox1000(m): 8:00am On Apr 05, 2016
Okay
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by billyoung: 8:00am On Apr 05, 2016
Now we can say we actually manufacture cars here not just assemble. Innoson should also focus on improving the quality of their cars as vehicles of Chinese origin (I understand the design and many of the parts come from China) are not exactly renowned for durability or safety.
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by ichidodo: 8:00am On Apr 05, 2016
This isn't the time to lay about your plans as regards to technological advancement in the midst of haters lest your trade and military secrets fall in the wrong hands especially Government collaborators and corporate saboteurs.There will come a time when Biafran supersonic fighter jets will source their main parts from there.... and super cars too.

3 Likes

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by erayo2GCA(m): 8:00am On Apr 05, 2016
Carry go
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by odinese(m): 8:00am On Apr 05, 2016
[size=19pt]and the igbos kip killing it[/size]

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by hazyfm1: 8:00am On Apr 05, 2016
NICE ONE INNOCENT
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 05, 2016
Oya haters come and chop banana. Some zombies would be quick to give credit to the dullard president, a president whose economic team/policies are more clueless and directionless than an earthworm. They don't know that the igbos have a very industrious and resilient spirit, even if you put them in the Sahara, they would dig up gold from it.
PS : I'm not an igbo, I'm Nigerian. God bless our igbo brothers, you guys rock!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by SmartMugu: 8:02am On Apr 05, 2016
With imported raw materials?
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Jonjerrie(m): 8:04am On Apr 05, 2016
Manufacturing engine when we don't. Ve fuel....ve been in the fuel station que for over 2hrs dis administration is a fail one
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by drss(m): 8:04am On Apr 05, 2016
Yes o! God bless innoson. smiley next we will venture into aeroplane building. south east will soon be d technological hub of africa. cheesy
Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by upsun: 8:05am On Apr 05, 2016
Cant wait 4 my galfrnds engine 2 b manufactured locally am tired of her foreign engine(d tin don knok self)

1 Like

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:05am On Apr 05, 2016
Nice one it is a gradual process, no car manufacturers produce their cars 100% they source some parts form other companies

1 Like

Re: Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors by tolexy007(m): 8:06am On Apr 05, 2016
good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Save Your Salary For A Year, What Car Can You Afford ? / Tricks Vulcanisers Use To Defraud Motorists / 13 Interesting Facts About Supercars/sportscars That Most People Might Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.