Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

15 Things I Hate About My Culture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 15 Things I Hate About My Culture (2407 Views)

I Am Unique Special And Valuable Because Of My Culture And Special Abilities. / I Hate Being An African American Woman / What Do You Hate About Your Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Things I Hate About My Culture by kokoye(m): 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2009
1. Bride price - kinda like buying a spouse.

2. When you get a public position, churches, communities, schools etc start inviting you for functions and expect donations - even when they know you really cannot afford it.

3. You are not allowed to disagree or argue with your elder / lecturer even when you both know the elder is wrong.

4. You must honor a party invitation and pay for the 'uniform' or else you'll have a lifetime enemy.

5. You cannot call out a family member who is doing wrong - you'll be called a bastard.

6. When visiting, you have to take gifts to your hosts even if you cannot afford it - or you will be called stingy

7. When you are the host, you have to give a parting gift (mostly cash) to your visitor - or you will be called stingy.

8. Spraying at parties.

9. You cannot rejoice publicly for a well deserved accomplishment - some people will hate you for it.

10. The man must be the breadwinner. When people / family members realise the wife makes more money, rumors start flying.

11. The husband does not have to help in cleaning the house or cooking.

12. A woman has to suspend her life for 40days or more when she loses her husband.

13. You cannot go home until after your boss has left work - it's not like you are getting paid for the overtime. BANKS!

14. You have to eat some wacky nasty after child birth - oro ile.

15. You cannot complain about an uncompleted project because it is been handled by someone who once helped your grandfather. - I'm sure this is some of what our president is going through.

In my opinion, these are some of the things that breed corruption and fraud.

Just a thought. Hopefully things are getting better.
Re: 15 Things I Hate About My Culture by ChinenyeN(m): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2009
cheesy Which culture is this one?
Re: 15 Things I Hate About My Culture by saraj(f): 2:40am On Aug 03, 2009
16. The wife must obey the husband at all times even if he's being an asshole and
he really needs to be told to f**k off.
Re: 15 Things I Hate About My Culture by qymekkam(m): 3:29am On Aug 03, 2009
what the hell is wrong with being sprayed with money
Re: 15 Things I Hate About My Culture by chiogo(f): 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2009
LMFAO!!! Spraying of money is probably the only thing I like about my culture. How can you not like that? tongue
Re: 15 Things I Hate About My Culture by mamag3: 1:23am On Aug 04, 2009
@poster

You can continue hating your culture but you can't run away from it, It's still waiting to take its course on you. grin grin
Re: 15 Things I Hate About My Culture by kokoye(m): 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2009
mama-g:

@poster

You can continue hating your culture but you can't run away from it, It's still waiting to take its course on you. grin grin

I do not hate my culture. I simply listed some of the ways the culture encourages corruption and fraud in my own opinion.

You dont have to agree with them - that's why it is being posted on the public forum.
Re: 15 Things I Hate About My Culture by mamag3: 12:15am On Aug 07, 2009
kokoye:

I do not hate my culture. I simply listed some of the ways the culture encourages corruption and fraud in my own opinion.

You dont have to agree with them - that's why it is being posted on the public forum.

fine then. wink

(1) (Reply)

Is Kingship Still Relevant In Present Day Nigeria? / Beauty Of Women In Culture(pictures) / Jesse Jagz N Se Ojo Ibi Loni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.