Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,419 members, 7,800,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Men And Their Double Standards. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men And Their Double Standards. (29430 Views)

Deadrat Scam And Double Standards / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. / Double Standards Of Feminism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 05, 2016
Growing up as a Nigerian female, you're told to sit, talk, act and respond to situations in certain ways or you'll be branded as "unladylike". Women are conditioned in a certain way and most of us have adhered to these rules.

Notwithstanding, these questions have always been a puzzle to me, other women and, I suspect, even men:

1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores?

3. Why should a man be hailed by his friends for bragging about his sexual encounters with women but they slut-shame a woman who's honest about her escapades with a man she's into?

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women?

5. Why do men generalize all women as "_bitches" and '_hoes" but take offense when allusions are made to their female relatives being the same?

Even on this thread, some men would prove me right but the question is: WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARDS?

120 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
thinking...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
still thinking will get back to you

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
ITS SIMPLE AS ABC. ITS A MAN'S WORLD AND U GOT TO DEAL WITH IT.

54 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Cutehector(m): 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
There is a website where u ought to ask all these questions...

We have the likes of Google, Ask, yahooanswers, and Ehen.. my favorite one, Quora.com

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Cutehector(m): 4:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
Suigeneris93:
d babe sef.. she neva see anything. grin

9 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
Cutehector:
There is a website where u ought to ask all these questions...

We have the likes of Google, Ask, yahooanswers, and Ehen.. my favorite one, Quora.com
LMAO

4 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onstelly(f): 4:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
My sister oh
You just said some real truth

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by ZeeAfrica(f): 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2016
Op honey, i love u baby.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by 100Cents: 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
Moment of truth

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by 100Cents: 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
ZeeAfrica:
Op honey, i love u baby.

Me too

26 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by oseiwe(m): 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
The funny thing is dat it is u, d women who r champion of d double standards! For d men, it is Live and Let Live smiley

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
ZeeAfrica:
Op honey, i love u baby.
LESBOBO ACTIVATED. 25years imprisonment.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
i'll be here dear...waiting for your contribution wink

Suigeneris93:

4 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by cordss(m): 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
Its a mans world sweetheart... sorry about that... but some of the things you mentioned are not what real men do.

2 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
Cuz thats d way it is *singing* thats the way it is.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
it's a man's world! X3 but it's nothing without women *in james Brown's voice*or for some guys; puna.
Don't forget you females also have double standards/advantages in some other areas than the males.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by lezz(m): 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:

Growing up as a Nigerian female, you're told to sit, talk, act and respond to situations in certain ways or you'll be branded as "unladylike". Women are conditioned in a certain way and most of us have adhered to these rules.

Notwithstanding, these questions have always been a puzzle to me, other women and, I suspect, even men:

[b]1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?

You want the truth? Ok, A man's sexual arousal is like a light bulb; swift and in a flash of an instance.

A woman's sexual impulses are like a volume knob, slow and gradual. Bottom line, women are more premeditated when cheating and carry out a lot of detailed planning.

Men will just want to nail an ass that breezes by with the instant arousal of his nature, women are more likely to plan and fine-tune their mission before execution.

Women's cheating isn't always a one-off mistake!

mimzy:

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores?
Every man should be comfortable with domestic chores.
mimzy:

3. Why should a man be hailed by his friends for bragging about his sexual encounters with women but they slut-shame a woman who's honest about her escapades with a man she's into?

I don't think the average man shames a woman for her sexual narration with her "guy" except she is silly enough to recount details of escapades of lots of body counts.

But men should brag just a bit grin grin
grin we do the wooing, take the risks, plot the map, stand the fear of rejection, we should rejoice with a little chest thumping!

mimzy:

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women?
Are you talking about feminism?

mimzy:

5. Why do men generalize all women as "_bitches" and '_hoes" but take offense when allusions are made to their female relatives being the same?
[/b]

What kind of a man would generalise women in such derogatory term except the ones who act like bïtches?

mimzy:

Even on this thread, some men would prove me right but the question is: WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARDS?
All rules have exceptions, baby.

Women seem to know all the rules and few men learn the exceptions!!!

114 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by ZeeAfrica(f): 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
LESBOBO ACTIVATED. 25years imprisonment.

hehehhe so u never love someone u share yo gender wit?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by 100Cents: 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nobody is asking you ladies to provide anything financial.

Just give the man peace at home when he wants it and cook his food.

Not everytime, you are either on intagram or watching telemundo.

Anyway, i still blame buarri.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
thanks darl. i'm waiting especially for the contribution of reasonable guys and ladies alike wink

onstelly:
My sister oh
You just said some really truth
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
grin cheesy. Why not blame it on G.E.J cheesy

100Cents:
The way i am sewinh yhis thinh, nah buarri cauae am.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by SINXU(m): 4:59pm On Apr 05, 2016
I've been tryna think of an answer to that number 5... gringrin

But not everyman do these things tho.... I'm guilty of some, I won't lie, I am. But women drag men to the mud too. So in all sense of fairness, we'll all guilty in one way or another!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
I know you love me. I love YOUTUBE cheesy

ZeeAfrica:
Op honey, i love u baby.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dollyjoy(f): 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
Reading...
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
ZeeAfrica:

hehehhe so u never love someone u share yo gender wit?
yeah its different but urs was @op honey i love u. chai got to call the police.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
HMMMM... care to expatiate ?

oseiwe:
The funny thing is dat it is u, d women who r champion of d double standards! For d men, it is Live and Let Live smiley
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by dollyjoy(f): 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
100Cents:
Nobody is asking you ladies to provide anything financial.

Just give the man sex when he wants it and cook his food.

Not everytime, you are either or intagram or watching telemundo.

Anyway, i blame buarri.
i think it high time you guys stop seeing ladies as sex object please!

12 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by 100Cents: 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
i think it high time you guys stop seeing ladies as sex object please!

Pardon me.

Is it the man who only enjoys it ?

Wait, if you are married and give your husband a sex time table like its a once in a month thing and you want him to be loyal ?

Abi, you want him to dey chop mama put outside while you travel around like buhari with your friends.

Some other points she raised are childish, like calling women hoes and bitches or men bragging about their female body count..

2 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by sheba123(f): 5:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
Lol... Lalasticlala and mynd44 come oo, our voice has to be heard biko grin

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by schumastic(m): 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:

1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?

if you ask me, na who i go ask grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2016
[b]1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally? Because we are men. We have balls, you don't angry

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores? Because women are the helper not men angry

Cuz the more you rabazamba, the bigger your puna gets. Who wants to marry a woman with an altantic ocean puna undecided

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women? Because this is nairaland angry

[/b]
Ermmm...you won't want anyone to insult your relatives..would you undecided

Why not?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Guys, Have You Ever Had A T.hree.some? Share Your Experience. / Signs That A Girl Is Interested In A Guy? / "Slay Queen Syndrome" Term Paper At Nigeria Defence Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.