Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,537 members, 7,801,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos (20726 Views)

I Never Said Fuel Scarcity Will End By April 7th - Kachikwu / Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity / Fuel Scarcity Will Persist Till May–kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by unite4real: 5:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu on Tuesday said that the scarcity of petrol which had lasted a while in the country would be over from Wednesday (tomorrow) through to Thursday in Abuja and Lagos, the country’s political and commercial capitals.

Kachikwu, who said this during a town hall meeting he had with workers of the Petroleum Products Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) in Abuja noted that while he expects an end to scarcity in both cities from today, other cities in the country like Port Harcourt, Warri, Sokoto and Kano would however begin to experience such improvement by the weekend.

He also said that in the long term, the government’s choice to privatise the country’s downstream petroleum sector would be the surest solution to the perennial challenges of products scarcity.

“Today we have the whole fuel queues and it is a complete nightmare for me. It is being a lot of work but the reality is that I hurt more like every Nigerian who is at the filling station, I am very emotional about my job and the things that I do.

“There isn’t sufficient reason why Nigerians should suffer this much, we just need to take the right policies as difficult as it comes, we need to take the right policies to ensure that we do not have this recurrence of fuel scarcity, it’s been with us historically, but I don’t want that to define my legacy in the petroleum industry,” said Kachikwu.

He then said: “Hopefully by tomorrow through Thursday the fuel queues in Abuja should be over, hopefully the same thing will happen to Lagos and thereafter, by the weekend, we should see Kano, Katsina, Sokoto and Port Harcourt and Warri get off this state.”

According to him, the country would have to find a sustainable way to keep her downstream sector working efficiently to avoid recurrent scarcity of products.

He added that such option that privatising the sector provides would be productive without necessarily having prices of products go up.

“What concerns me more is not just getting the present queues out, that will definitely wear out, what concerns me more is how do you avoid having to have that ever again in this country and to do that there are certain things we need to do.

“First is that strategic reserve have not been in this country for over 20 years, we need to bring back strategic reserve that should serve 60 to 90 day type of product hold so that we can respond within a matter of hours when there is shortage in any part of the country.

“Two is that we need to find how to handle allocation of resources, for the first time I have been able to convince the major oil producers to allocate scarce foreign exchange to the downstream players to enable them bring in product.

“But that is not a futuristic long term solution, so we need to find a way of being able to fund this sector to do its work and there is no better way than to steer it to that path of privatisation, let them go do their things, we are going to have to look at that and it is not necessarily synonymous with an increase in price. Hopefully the price modulation that we have put in place will enable us do that,” the minister explained.

Speaking more on the rationale for such long term solution, he said: “But really, in the states, we do not have queues as such, people are paying double the price to get product, and there is no place for that practice, not right but what it says to you is that obviously, there are some statiscal philosophy we need to watch in terms of whether we are pricing our products rightly for people to be able to participate in this chain.”

He also spoke about the passion which he deploys to service and which he said he wanted workers in the PPPRA to adopt in their jobs within the sector.

On that he said: “First and foremost I am a servant and am here to try and serve you and the Nigerian public. The ministerial togas and titles are important but frankly they mean nothing in the absence of good service and I think that should be the call to duty in this country.

“There isn’t any problem I have seen that does not have a solution, every problem must have a solution. What we need to do is to do your research thoroughly, find that solution, target its and execute it, and that is what I have been doing, because the petroleum ministry is the last hope of Nigeria, we are the 90 per cent earner, we are the foreign exchange galvaniser, if we fail, this country fails.”

He further said: “We have to ensure there is accountability and professionalism in everything we do. We are very conservative about our costs, and we will continue to cut cost. Everything we do is a mirror of what Nigeria needs to do to be successful as a country.

“If there is no power, we complain, but if there is no fuel, we will bring down this country, if there is fraud anywhere, we will say well, that is OK but if there is fraud in NNPC, we will bring down this country and what it says to you is that so much is expected of this ministry and we must take leadership.”

On his plans to reposition the PPPRA, Kachikwu said: “We need to enhance PPPRA and we need to ensure that as you advance your careers, they are in the right direction and one of those things we are going to do is to ensure that promotions that are long outstanding are all done and we are going to be looking at that within the next two weeks.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/05/kachikwu-fuel-scarcity-will-end-on-wednesday-in-abuja-lagos/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by adonismuller(m): 5:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
He will deny it....

Except he's not related to APC

Btw....
Am I the only one who have noticed that even with all these restiveness in the country "the minister of petroleum" (Buhari) has not even bothered to address the nation?

Is it that he don't care about the populace or going abroad to charge his phone is more important?

Well,I hope the ZOMBIES are enjoying the CHAINge?

Once a soldier always a soldier...GENERAL MOHAMADU Buhari

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef...

Jonathan could not build a strategic reserve in the last administration. Great job Kachukwu...tomorrow is already here just 12hours from now.

Jonathan was paying the operators directly from the Treasury. undecided But now, funds are being sourced elsewhere.

Under Jonathan, PPPRA always finger the price template and award subsidy to operators most times but now there are plans to professionalise the service.

Abeg Nwayi Owerri put two plates of Nkwobi for me. Make vex no wound person. Jonathan sef embarassed

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by inkon: 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
All we need is result.
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by luvinhubby(m): 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
We have heard too many deadlines, just shut up & give us fuel.

25 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by marsoden: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
Stories that touch....

7 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by MadCow1: 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
The Boss has spoken!

And so shall it be.. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Daslim180(m): 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hoping so
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by praz001(m): 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Thank God.... yes!!

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Helkayklassic(m): 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
The Magician

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by chimah3(m): 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
When I said this man was stewpeed... angry angry
He denied that he said such earlier undecided
Now he is re-saying it cus he has seen the queues are no more.

So we should clap for him

Stewpeed man!!! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by OBTMOS(m): 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
So what happens to oda part of d county?

7 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Barselonia(m): 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
I believe u......

just don't know Why I So much believe this kwachikwu..

maybe Because I don't have option again sha....

na hin deyy control

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by herboshedhe(f): 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
AMIN OOOO

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
[size=25pt]Picture Evidence or #adonbelieveit!!![/size]

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
how much we go pay #200

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by chitokwe(f): 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
OK ooh.
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by malbro(m): 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
WHEN WILL BUBU TRAVEL AGAIN?

6 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by solara: 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
Mere words... we need Action... undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by viqueta(m): 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
and when is it ending in Lagos?
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Festysnow: 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
AMEN
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by victorazy(m): 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
He will soon CHANGE the phrase in nxt 24hrs

5 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Ayo25: 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
Speeches laden with emotions would do nothing to assuage our pains. We want action Kachikwu, action. Scarcity has to go away please.
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by godoluwa(m): 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
OBTMOS:
So what happens to oda part of d county?
thats what i dnt understand
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Kelvin0(m): 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
[size=24pt] We will surely overcome this, Nigerians were built tough..i trust we will overcome [/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by DBossNG(m): 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
I hope so
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by lonelydora: 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
Wednesday na tomorrow ooooo. E no far again.

Please I don't want to regret voting for PMB. My friends are now making a mockery of me.

5 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by owoeyeyem(m): 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is a very good development... the NNPC boss has just mentioned a key solution ....Strategic Reserve

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
I hope he's aware that Wednesday is tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by texazzpete(m): 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
Good

Some encouraging words from the minister, showing awareness of the need for a long term solution.

We'll see

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Dottore: 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
I ask again if Kachikwu is somehow related to Lai Mohammed?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Transportation In Nigeria: Rotimi Amaechi Asks For Advice, Public Opinion / Ahmad Sagir, Governor Inuwa's Supporter Dies After Falling Off Car In Convoy / Major PDP Financier Arthur Eze Visits Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.